PDA

View Full Version : The Main Problem with the Blimp

alexpasch
12-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I want to donate money to this, but here's my problem with it:

Let's say I give $500 and then 2 weeks go by and the blimp is at like 50k and then the blimp doesn't get off the ground. Am I gonna get my money back or is the "legal team" going to keep it? Or is the blimp company going to keep it as a non-refundable down payment?

Hence, I'm waiting until the blimp is at around 200k before I even risk donating (or a promise of a refund).

If this is an LLC selling advertising space, then we could get a nice 200k start from the Ron Paul HQ (theoretically, the Ron Paul campaign does nothing other than buy advertising space...if they wanted to buy a blimp wouldn't they be allowed to do so?)

Blimps are one of the most underestimated forms of advertising and we could just get the regular Paul campaign to do it (granted we lose the grassroots flavor, but right now we could barely buy a car to paint for Ron Paul with the amount of money we've raised)

Note-The site says purchases are non-refundable

leipo
12-01-2007, 04:34 PM
If this is an LLC selling advertising space, then we could get a nice 200k start from the Ron Paul HQ (theoretically, the Ron Paul campaign does nothing other than buy advertising space...if they wanted to buy a blimp wouldn't they be allowed to do so?)

If this is legal then this is a fantastic idea.