PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake City Police Chief Demands That People Not "Disrespect" His Officers

SeanTX
06-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Just imagine what any sort of real reaction against them would do to these creeps. Somebody needs to tell him that you can't just demand respect. "You can protest, but you had better do it with respect."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865605961/Chief-sternly-responds-to-public-abuse-over-dog-shooting.html?pg=2

Chief sternly responds to public abuse over dog shooting

Chris Burbank asks public not to disrespect his officers

By Pat Reavy, Deseret News

Published: Friday, June 27 2014 4:45 p.m. MDT

SALT LAKE CITY — Saying that he hasn't seen this type of public outcry for human beings that are shot, a passionate Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Burbank responded Friday to those who have disrespected and threatened his officers after one officer shot and killed a dog.

Burbank told a group of reporters that he was "extremely disappointed" with the hate mail and verbal abuse his department has received since an officer shot Sean Kendall's dog, Geist, in its own backyard during a search for a missing child. Several longtime reporters noted that Friday's press conference was the angriest they had ever seen Burbank.

"I absolutely demand that every single one of my officers treat the public with the respect and dignity they deserve. My officer, and officers, deserve no less," he said sternly.

On Friday, Burbank identified the officer who shot Geist as detective Brett Olsen, one of the decorated heroes who brought the Trolley Square shooting spree to an end in 2007.

snip

The chief asked the public to think about what the outcry would have been if his officers didn't go into yards to look for the child, who was reported as being nonverbal and would not respond to his name being called. He said unfortunately, his department has received a lot of training in recent years and practice in searching for missing children due to the several high-profile cases that ended with tragic results such as the Destiny Norton case.

The 5-year-old girl was missing for eight days in 2006 before police found her body stuffed in plastic storage box in a neighbor's cellar.

snip

The chief said he was not trying to minimize what happened to dog. But the threats of violence and verbal abuse against his officers needed to stop.

Burbank read a couple of the letters his office has received. One person wrote that they would shoot Olsen if they could. Other officers have been verbally abused on the street, while some officers have had their home phone numbers and addresses posted on social media sites. Just as he was about to begin the press conference, Burbank said he ran into another officer named Olsen who has received much of the hate mail simply because of his last name.

While Burbank says he welcomes protest — noting that he had personally received praise for the way he handled the protest of environmental activist Tim DeChristopher and the Occupy Salt Lake movement — he will not stand for his officers being threatened or disrespected. Treating people with dignity is a two-way street, he said.

Protests are fine as long as they are done peacefully and with respect, Burbank said. The recent flood of hate mail his office has received has been "undeserving."

"Absolutely the police department is going to go forward with an investigation. Individuals will be held accountable for their actions as they always are, not held accountable to this ridiculousness."

snip

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Blowback...

Henry Rogue
06-29-2014, 09:44 AM
F U criminal pig.

acptulsa
06-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Peer pressure often requires a catalyst.

If you and your officers don't like the guilt by association, either stop associating with that cop or teach him how to behave himself.

tod evans
06-29-2014, 09:56 AM
When a civilian can shoot a cops dog with impunity then we're getting closer to a quid-pro-quo arrangement...

Even then, I fail to address the simple fact that these idiots work for the citizenry they're abusing...

JK/SEA
06-29-2014, 10:04 AM
whats this assholes problem?...i haven't said a damn thing to those fuckin lowlife cowards...

seems i don't have to...yet...

...so shut the hell up you pussy bastard.

SeanTX
06-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Reading the comments to that article shows why we are in this state where these things are becoming all too common, too many people think like this person. People value safety over liberty and personal property rights. Especially when it is "for da children!".

I wonder how far away we are from house-to-house searches when a child goes missing? Here recently officers carrying rifles were going door-to-door in a neighborhood where there was a false report of a child being kidnapped. If "exigent circumstances" can be applied to excuse barging into a fenced-in back yard, it's just another step to doing house searches.

common sense in Idaho
Pocatello, id

If a child were missing in my neighborhood I would EXPECT an officer to make every effort to locate the child. And YES that includes entering my backyard without my my permission. A warrant to enter my backyard when a child's life is in danger? Really? If my dog, who is a cross between a German sheppard and a Husky who I've owned since he was a puppy, threatened this officer to the point that he needed to be shot then so be it. A child's life was at stake. End of story.

jkr
06-29-2014, 10:18 AM
i wonder what these jackles think of the life of that CHILD in georgia who got hand grenade-ed by his heroes?

copsuckers
bootlickers
YES MASSER!!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

phill4paul
06-29-2014, 10:43 AM
"Absolutely the police department is going to go forward with an investigation. Individuals will be held accountable for their actions as they always are, not held accountable to this ridiculousness."

And by "ridiculousness" he means the right of the people to be justifiably outraged at the actions of the officers under his command.

Uriel999
06-29-2014, 11:07 AM
respect is earned, not given.

kathy88
06-29-2014, 11:15 AM
I can't believe how many in the comment section seem to be okay with cops shooting their dogs.

acptulsa
06-29-2014, 11:24 AM
I can't believe how many in the comment section seem to be okay with cops shooting their dogs.

You shouldn't. But it does do a nice job of demonstrating just how many paid trolls there are in the world today. I'm sure there are a number of people who subscribe to E.C. Worley's viewpoint, but you couldn't possibly see such a concentration of them on one website...

Consider the fascination man has for the dog. Great benefits are anticipated at the outset; few concretely appear.

CPUd
06-29-2014, 11:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HRVTpIS.jpg

satchelmcqueen
06-29-2014, 11:41 AM
did the cops get their feelings hurt?

SeanTX
06-29-2014, 11:54 AM
did the cops get their feelings hurt?

Maybe cops need to start carrying these around, with all the other paperwork :

http://www.surprisinglysane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hurt_feelings_report.jpg

Root
06-29-2014, 12:01 PM
If you have to demand respect, you don't deserve it.

Lucille
06-29-2014, 01:06 PM
The sad thing is, it looks like more people turned out for a dog than Bou Bou.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/29/dont-you-dare-criticize-officers-for-sho

Burbank did get one thing right when he marveled, "after 23 years in law enforcement, I haven't seen this sort of public outcry when certain human beings have lost their lives."

Militarized, aggressive and abusive policing is not a new thing, and innocent humans are often the victims, not dogs. But maybe animals that can't speak for themselves more easily evoke sympathy than men, women, and children.

Obligatory...

http://nwinton.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/respect-my-authority.jpeg?w=300&h=300

Nirvikalpa
06-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Maybe cops need to start carrying these around, with all the other paperwork :

http://www.surprisinglysane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hurt_feelings_report.jpg

Wow.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
If a child were missing in my neighborhood I would EXPECT an officer to make every effort to locate the child. And YES that includes entering my backyard without my my permission. A warrant to enter my backyard when a child's life is in danger? Really? If my dog, who is a cross between a German sheppard and a Husky who I've owned since he was a puppy, threatened this officer to the point that he needed to be shot then so be it. A child's life was at stake. End of story.

No, a child's life was not at stake...a child was sleeping placidly in his home.

I'm sure after only 15 minutes of looking, the parents freaked out, called cops, and now a thoroughly innocent man's dog is dead because of that.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow.

What?

dannno
06-29-2014, 05:07 PM
On Friday, Burbank identified the officer who shot Geist as detective Brett Olsen, one of the decorated heroes who brought the Trolley Square shooting spree to an end in 2007.

Wow, that could be a whole 'nother worm hole.

amy31416
06-29-2014, 05:42 PM
What?

You can't figure it out?

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 06:00 PM
You can't figure it out?

No, I guess I'm dense like that.

Crude joke?

Most funny gags are...

PaulConventionWV
06-29-2014, 06:14 PM
With all due respect, sir, you're not due any respect.

PaulConventionWV
06-29-2014, 06:16 PM
You can't figure it out?

Did that hurt yours or Nirvikalpa's feelings?

amy31416
06-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Did that hurt yours or Nirvikalpa's feelings?

Why would you think I could speak for Nirvikalpa?

As for me, not a single one of you can hurt my feelings because I don't give a shit about most of you.

PaulConventionWV
06-29-2014, 06:34 PM

As for me, not a single one of you can hurt my feelings because I don't give a shit about most of you.

I just assumed both of you could read that.

Just taking a guess at what I'm supposed to figure out.

Petar
06-29-2014, 06:41 PM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2ij16wz.jpg

amy31416
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
No, I guess I'm dense like that.

Crude joke?

Most funny gags are...

Hahahahaha, it's funny when it's females being maligned. If it's men, then it's a systemic "war on men," yet we're the ones who're all sensitive and shit. You think it's okay to compare a piece of shit who kills animals for the hell of it to all women, and I should be fine with it because it's a "funny gag." It might be a bit amusing at first, but you know--it's been over 6 years of this crap. If you hate women, fine--just be honest about it.

I would never compare these pieces of shit to all men--ever. I occasionally make a point about it being men who voted for the Federal Reserve and those sorts of things because you guys get on a high horse and think that you're all, across the board, better than women. You don't recognize us as individuals--well you should expect the same in return and not bitch like an angsty teenager about some war on men.

I just assumed both of you could read that.

Just taking a guess at what I'm supposed to figure out.

Good luck.

Petar
06-29-2014, 06:54 PM
I'd just like to add that I also found the "form" to be a bit over the top.

presence
06-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Cartel Boss Chris Burbank stepped in front of a camera
and acted pissy
that anybody would dare criticize his officers.

http://i.imgur.com/ukPIUch.jpg

RPF gettting awful bolshy over this whole cop shot dog issue, have you forgotten that these guys are heros?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tjdcSHX3eE

"I ask that this community continues to approach interactions
with the our armed gang in a respectful manner."

...in other news...

Jun 28, 2014 7:14 PM EDT

BONITA (CBS 8)

A dog is dead

after an off-duty National City police officer blew his face off with multiple rounds

for barking at him while he was walking his own dog.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25896157/dog-shot-by-off-duty-national-city-police-officer

http://cdn.citylab.com/media/img/citylab/legacy/2013/10/24/Petsadviser.png

need more?

June 26, 2014

Her 6-year-old Basset hound/beagle mix, Willy Pete, left the porch and made his way toward the troopers. The dog, she said, suffered from arthritis in his back legs and was not aggressive. Her other dog went into the house.

Sweat said she was still inside when she saw the trooper raise a weapon at her dog.

“I ran out my door, jumping up and down screaming ‘don’t shoot my dog, he won’t bite, just let me get him in the house,’” she said.

She said the officer fired one shot toward the dog but missed. She said Willy Pete turned tail and was running back toward her.

“He ran towards me with desperation in his eyes,” she said. “They fired again in my direction. In the direction of my home where my kids were.”

She said three more shots were fired, a total of four shots. Willy Pete, she said, was hit three times. The dog went to the back of the mobile home. Sweat said she found the dog near the air conditioning unit.

“I watched my dog struggle and then die,” she said. “I collapsed in a puddle in the floor, screaming and crying.

“I watched that dog born and I watched him die.”

- See more at: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20140626/DM01/140629411#sthash.oKFfwQyl.dpuf

Is a Pet Dog Really Killed by a Police Officer
Every

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/WV-98.svg/600px-WV-98.svg.png

Minutes?

That’s as simple as it gets.”

A new documentary promises to shed light on the size and scope of America's under-covered "puppycide" epidemic.

http://www.citylab.com/politics/2013/10/dog-really-killed-police-officer-every-98-minutes/7356/

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 07:37 PM
I occasionally make a point about it being men who voted for the Federal Reserve and those sorts of things because you guys get on a high horse and think that you're all, across the board, better than women. You don't recognize us as individuals--well you should expect the same in return and not bitch like an angsty teenager about some war on men.

Women, consistently as a voting block, vote for more government.

I wish that was not the case, I wish that this generation of manboys would grow up and assume the roles that government is so eager to fill, I wish that there was not a war on the family...

But that is the fact.

Hahahahaha, it's funny when it's females being maligned. If it's men, then it's a systemic "war on men," yet we're the ones who're all sensitive and shit. You think it's okay to compare a piece of shit who kills animals for the hell of it to all women, and I should be fine with it because it's a "funny gag." It might be a bit amusing at first, but you know--it's been over 6 years of this crap. If you hate women, fine--just be honest about it.

I routinely use Homer Simpson, perhaps the very ne plus ultra example of idiot manhood to poke fun at men and myself.

phill4paul
06-29-2014, 07:46 PM

I wish that was not the case, I wish that this generation of manboys would grow up and assume the roles that government is so eager to fill, I wish that there was not a war on the family...

But that is the fact.

I routinely use Homer Simpson, perhaps the very ne plus ultra example of idiot manhood to poke fun at men and myself.

There are evolutional roles to play. By all standards I would posit that we are, currently, fucked.

James Madison
06-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Fire up the printing presses. Looks like we're gonna need more forms, Sean.

Schifference
06-29-2014, 08:18 PM
They can do extensive searches everywhere but where the kid was his home.

James Madison
06-29-2014, 08:21 PM
There are evolutional roles to play. By all standards I would posit that we are, currently, fucked.

No. You can only talk about the evolution we like because that's how science works. Duh.

Petar
06-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Fire up the printing presses. Looks like we're gonna need more forms, Sean.

Are you gonna pay for my tampons? Didn't think so.

phill4paul
06-29-2014, 08:51 PM

And for this simple reason I am a fan. :p

presence
06-29-2014, 08:51 PM

please retweet

Brian4Liberty
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
What?

You can't figure it out?

I hate those glaring spelling errors too!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
I wish that this generation of manboys would grow up and assume the roles that government is so eager to fill,...

Yep, this right here.

The form that Sean posted is intended to disparage today's metrosexual. Today's sissy man practically demands that males act more like females. His demand is socially rampant and has been institutionalized.

The form has to do with gun control advocates, Occupy Wall Street types, and others of this ilk.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 09:01 PM
I hate those glaring spelling errors too!

I know...erg...

James Madison
06-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Are you gonna pay for my tampons? Didn't think so.

Better get Petar a second one.

roho76
06-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Maybe they should pass a law.

Petar
06-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Better get Petar a second one.

That's just online bullying.

http://www.techaddiction.ca/images/cyber-bully-2.jpg

bunklocoempire
06-29-2014, 10:36 PM
uh, yeah, respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2a8x8g-ELI

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 11:33 PM
And we'll just drop this off here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdIKSA54eY

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 11:33 PM
And we'll just drop this off here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdIKSA54eY

Mani
06-30-2014, 12:53 AM
i wonder what these jackles think of the life of that CHILD in georgia who got hand grenade-ed by his heroes?

copsuckers
bootlickers
YES MASSER!!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

Excellent point!!

For all the bootlickers claiming it's OK to shoot a dog because, IT's for the CHILDREN!!! How do they react when the police blow a hole in the chest of an infant!?!?

It's for the childre....aaah...wait...WAR ON DRUGS! Drugs are bad! Yes even a $50 meth deal is reason enough to SWAT a family and blow up toddlers! We need to keep safe from DRUGS!!! If it wasn't for Cops blowing up toddlers and chasing down teenagers for $50 we'd all be attacked by drugs and drug dealers and we'd never survive!

tod evans
06-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Faux-Newz is on it;

Salt Lake police shooting sparks large protest for victim: a dog named 'Geist'
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/geist.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/29/salt-lake-police-shooting-sparks-large-protest-for-victim-dog-named-geist/?intcmp=latestnews
Hundreds of people protested in front of the Salt Lake City Police Department Saturday to demand justice for the victim in a controversial police shooting -- a 110-pound dog named “Geist.”

The gray Weimaraner was loose in a fenced-in backyard June 18 when he was shot dead by a police officer who was searching for a missing boy. Police said the dog was shot after he approached the officer in an “aggressive manner.” The boy was later found sleeping in his home.

The protest included many dog owners, who brought their pets. The protesters held signs that read: “Shoo not Shoot,” “Man’s best friend should not be gunned down,” and “My pets are my family.”

“I believe this officer made a terrible judgment call.”
- Sean Kendall
“It’s overwhelming, the support of the community,” Geist’s owner, Sean Kendall, said at the protest, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Fox13Now quoted Kendall as saying the officer involved in the shooting should be fired.

“I believe this officer made a terrible judgment call,” Kendall told the station. “In my profession, if I make a terrible judgment I’m fired. “

Fox13Now reported that protesters had a lot to say about comments Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank made Friday at a news conference.

“In this particular circumstance, evidence shows that the dog was extremely close, in fact, within feet of the officer. “After 23 years in law enforcement, I haven’t seen this type of public outcry when certain human beings have lost their lives,” Burbank said.

The station ran a story Thursday after Kendall released a video showing a confrontation he had with police officers outside his home after he was told Geist had been killed.

“We entered the yard looking for a lost child,” Sgt. Joseph Cyr says on the video, according to Fox13Now. "He was threatened by the dog and shot the dog. That’s as simple as it gets.”

“So I get to bury my dog because an officer couldn’t back up and close the f------ gate,” an angry Kendall says in response.

Philhelm
06-30-2014, 10:31 AM
I'd just like to add that I also found the "form" to be a bit over the top.

Fill out the form then, and file a complaint. :D

bunklocoempire
06-30-2014, 11:32 AM
“We entered the yard looking for a lost child,” "We couldn't find a stationary sleeping child on it's own property, so it was time to whip out deadly force" Sgt. Joseph Cyr says on the video, according to Fox13Now. "He was threatened by the dog and shot the dog. That’s as simple as it gets.”

:rolleyes::mad:

SeanTX
06-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I wouid think that in this case the "exigent circumstances" for a search should have first been applied to the person making the 911 call, and the kid's house should have immediately been searched, every square inch. Which is more likely, that a kid may be hiding somewhere in its own house, or that it may be hiding in a neighbor's fenced back yard ?

Too bad so many people nowadays want to play the "what if ?" game, and expect the police to save them from every possible thing that might go wrong. What if the kid had found an unlocked door to a neighbor's house and gone in there? That possibility is just about as likely as the kid opening a closed gate to a back yard. Maybe every house in the neighborhood should be searched, because, you know ... what if ?

I would advise that everyone have a good fence around their backyards, and lock the gate with a padlock. Of course, cops can jump the fence or cut the lock, but for a simple thing like this that's unlikely, if the gate had been locked he probably would have just taken a look and then moved on to the next one.

Everyone thinks that something like this can't happen to them, but about a year ago late one night I was awakened by sirens and what sounded like the cops chasing somebody on a motorcyle , then heard a commotion outside (neighbor's dogs barking) , and I got up and looked out back and saw a K9 cop with his dog out in the alley. He stopped at my gate for a few seconds, then moved on -- I suspect he was trying to open it, but it was padlocked.

DamianTV
06-30-2014, 05:09 PM
JUST US

We can shoot you, taze you, shoot your dogs, blow holes in infants chests with flashbang grenades, lie in court, take your property without due process of law, and pretty much do what ever the fuck we want to you. Unaccountable Authority.

However you may NOT even so much as COMPLAIN when we do all these things to you. Fuck you mundanes.

Sincerely, just about everyone in Law Enforcement and the Courts.

chudrockz
06-30-2014, 05:38 PM
JUST US

We can shoot you, taze you, shoot your dogs, blow holes in infants chests with flashbang grenades, lie in court, take your property without due process of law, and pretty much do what ever the fuck we want to you. Unaccountable Authority.

However you may NOT even so much as COMPLAIN when we do all these things to you. Fuck you mundanes.

Sincerely, just about everyone in Law Enforcement and the Courts.

I'm pretty sure at this point that my dogs, both pits, are known and liked enough in my hometown now that if anything like this happened to either of them the police would be dealing with full-on riots here. I take them almost literally EVERYWHERE I go except for work (and I even stop by work sometimes with them too). 99.5% of people who meet them are immediately infatuated with them. I've had people say jokingly something like "if you look away for just a few minutes, those dogs might disappear!" and I can't even count the number of people who have commented something like "and those are PIT BULLS? They're sweet! They're not even wild, let alone mean!" The girls across the alley have pretty much adopted them as their own and come over wanting to play with them about every other night.

DamianTV
06-30-2014, 06:02 PM
No such thing as a "bad dog", only "bad owners". Every single one of my neighbors is a prime example of this. One guy doesnt walk his dogs, period. As expected, dogs are unsocialized and are not sure how to behave around people. Another has a dog that she encourages to bark at everyone that walks by her fence. Already had incidents with her dog. I worked with this one and her behaviour is much better. Again, not socialized so the dog does not know how to behave around people. Another guy does nothing but thows a ball for his lab. He does walk his dog, but he has fostered an obsession in his dog to the point where the dog will become aggressive if you do not throw the ball for him. Another guy just chains his dog outside. Totally unsocialized and highly territorial. Another guy takes his dog out to run next to him while riding a dirt bike around. Also totally unsocialized and dog behaves very insecurely around other dogs. Another guy "just watches their kids dog". The guy does not take care of his dogs, period, nor bothers to keep his unsocialized dog fenced in. This dog has bitten several children, but no one has the balls to say shit to them about doing something about this unsocialized dog because the owners speak no english and are total assholes. I have a couple of Giant Alaskan Malamutes who have met everyone in the neighborhood, and they are quite a bit larger than most the other dogs, including the several Pits, and they are lazy and like having their bellies rubbed because they have been socialized. I dont have the highest degree of confidence in any of my neighbors when it comes do dogs. Somebody call Cesar 911 cuz these people around here are fucking morons, and most have dogs.

chudrockz
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
No such thing as a "bad dog", only "bad owners". Every single one of my neighbors is a prime example of this. One guy doesnt walk his dogs, period. As expected, dogs are unsocialized and are not sure how to behave around people. Another has a dog that she encourages to bark at everyone that walks by her fence. Already had incidents with her dog. I worked with this one and her behaviour is much better. Again, not socialized so the dog does not know how to behave around people. Another guy does nothing but thows a ball for his lab. He does walk his dog, but he has fostered an obsession in his dog to the point where the dog will become aggressive if you do not throw the ball for him. Another guy just chains his dog outside. Totally unsocialized and highly territorial. Another guy takes his dog out to run next to him while riding a dirt bike around. Also totally unsocialized and dog behaves very insecurely around other dogs. Another guy "just watches their kids dog". The guy does not take care of his dogs, period, nor bothers to keep his unsocialized dog fenced in. This dog has bitten several children, but no one has the balls to say shit to them about doing something about this unsocialized dog because the owners speak no english and are total assholes. I have a couple of Giant Alaskan Malamutes who have met everyone in the neighborhood, and they are quite a bit larger than most the other dogs, including the several Pits, and they are lazy and like having their bellies rubbed because they have been socialized. I dont have the highest degree of confidence in any of my neighbors when it comes do dogs. Somebody call Cesar 911 cuz these people around here are fucking morons, and most have dogs.

Thankfully all of our neighbors who have dogs very obviously socialize them and treat them well. There are two Dobermans, Floyd and Annie, that our dogs love to play with at the dog park. There's another pit next door that they have a great time with several times a week. We met a rottweiller (sp?) last weekend that was a gigantic, ninety pound lap dog. Just a sweetheart. Here's our little guy, who is not as interested in watching Star Trek 6 as I am. :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m4f97s.jpg

PaulConventionWV
06-30-2014, 08:29 PM

I would never compare these pieces of shit to all men--ever. I occasionally make a point about it being men who voted for the Federal Reserve and those sorts of things because you guys get on a high horse and think that you're all, across the board, better than women. You don't recognize us as individuals--well you should expect the same in return and not bitch like an angsty teenager about some war on me.

Maybe he's righteously vindictive? The point is not that women are evil, but that women need to recognize their role in bringing about the state of affairs today. In the 1920s, it was women who initiated the campaign for prohibition against alcohol, and it was men who got the blame when it all went horribly wrong, all in the name of "protecting women" from big, brutish men who became even bigger and more brutish when they drank. If we are living in a patriarchy, then why is it always women who make the decisions and men who take the blame?

It's been like this all through history. Ever heard of the adage, "Behind every successful man is a woman" or "the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"? Justified or not, men aren't treated all too well in today's society, especially if they're white and straight. I don't claim to know of a war on men, but I know there's a campaign against men by some who call themselves feminists, and yet they fail to realize that women actually have it pretty good now. If there really was some patriarchal oppression of women going on, then why did women ever gain suffrage? The truth is that women have been catered to throughout history because it's just human nature. If men really wanted to oppress women for the benefit of men, then they wouldn't be bending to the will of the feminists every time they come up with a new evil that needs to be eradicated in the name of protecting women. Men may play the game, but women hold the cards.

I'm not even complaining. I think people just need to get real. I mean, let's face it: most of the time, it's men being maligned. It's permeated our pop culture. The bumbling husband, the creep, etc. It's kind of ironic to hold that specific double standard in a man's face when he dares to feel offended by the overwhelming social dialogue that sees him this way.

amy31416
06-30-2014, 08:30 PM

But that is the fact.

So do men.

Weston White
06-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Wow really: "A child's life was at stake." Where did that come from as the article seemed only to make mention of a missing child, no?

Although I am confused, why is it unfortunate that his department has received a lot of training and practice in recent years on handling missing persons cases, and how does that translate into entering backyards without permission that are also occupied by a large dog and then going ahead and shooting it for no apparent reason, and which could have otherwise been entirely avoided? Oh that's right, we are going to pull up the rare tragedies of the past to justify the reoccurring misconduct of the present. Nevermind, it all makes sense now. :confused:

Oh the irony of Utah police demanding two-way respect from its residents.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
So do men.

Yes, they do, but not in numbers or percentages as high as women do.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
So do men.

Yes, they do, but not in numbers or percentages as high as women do.