PDA

View Full Version : Taser gun used on 10-year-old girl who 'refused to take shower'

phill4paul
06-29-2014, 07:21 AM
The officer had been called to the girl's home in Ozark, Arkansas, by her mother because she was behaving in an unruly manner and refusing to take a shower.

In a report on the incident the officer, Dustin Bradshaw, said the mother gave him permission to use the Taser.
When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, screaming, and resisting as her mother tried to get her in the shower before bed.

"Her mother told me to take her if I needed to," the officer wrote.

The child was "violently kicking and verbally combative" when he tried to take her into custody and she kicked him in the groin.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, who is divorced from her mother, said the girl showed signs of emotional problems but did not deserve to be "treated like an animal".

He said: "Ten years old and they shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this.
"If you can't pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don't think you need to be an officer. She doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger." Local Mayor Vernon McDaniel said the FBI should investigate.

The local Police Chief Jim Noggle said no disciplinary action was taken against Bradshaw.

"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child, just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," he said.

He said if the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6602043/Taser-gun-used-on-10-year-old-girl-who-refused-to-take-shower.html

Suzanimal
06-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Geez, with a Mom like that I don't doubt the kid has emotional problems. Dad needs to get her outta that house asap, sounds like he has some sense.

As far as the cop goes, he's scum too. Really? A taser on a 10 year old girl? WTF, mom & the pig should be in jail for child abuse.

phill4paul
06-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Geez, with a Mom like that I don't doubt the kid has emotional problems. Dad needs to get her outta that house asap, sounds like he has some sense.

As far as the cop goes, he's scum too. Really? A taser on a 10 year old girl? WTF, mom & the pig should be in jail for child abuse.

If a fellow citizen, one without special immunity, had used a tazer for compliance with an unruly child one could imagine the outcome.

specsaregood
06-29-2014, 10:34 AM
The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, who is divorced from her mother, said the girl showed signs of emotional problems but did not deserve to be "treated like an animal".

If a munane had done that to an animal they would most likely be facing charges.

My first instinct would probably have been to drag the kid outside and turn the hose on her. Teach her that showers are the enjoyable alternative...

kathy88
06-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Dads pissed about the taser, but okay with handcuffing her and hauling her off. What a dick.

Wooden Indian
06-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Show me a kid that doesn't raise hell here and there when it's bath time. It's what they do for Christ's sake!

1. Mom calling the friggin cops on a 10 year old child for throwing a tantrum?
2. Cop electrocuting the kid?
3. Dad thinking it would have been OK had he just handcuffed the kid and hauled her to a jail cell?

This entire story makes me ill.
I hope this woman is properly shunned by her friends and family. Of course, instead she'll be told how "brave" she is for calling for "help".

Suzanimal
06-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Dads pissed about the taser, but okay with handcuffing her and hauling her off. What a dick.

Oh I miss read, I thought the Mayor said that, oops. In that case, I agree, Dad's an asshole too.

kathy88
06-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh I miss read, I thought the Mayor said that, oops. In that case, I agree, Dad's an asshole too.

Ha! I figured you misread it. If it had been someone I didn't like I probably would have jumped all over that shit. :)

Suzanimal
06-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Ha! I figured you misread it. If it had been someone I didn't like I probably would have jumped all over that shit. :)

Thanks, I'm a little slow sometimes.:o

Root
06-29-2014, 12:23 PM
So much fail, I don't even know what to say.

Natural Citizen
06-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Gosh. It pains me to read reports like this that are popping up on these boards more and more every day. The girl is probably going through some tough times and on the surface it seems like mom is a gem alright. A real peach. :cool:

pcosmar
06-29-2014, 01:07 PM
So much fail, I don't even know what to say.

Get OUT of the cities.

Root
06-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Get OUT of the cities.
Yeah, no doubt. I'm working on it.

Nirvikalpa
06-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Excuse me as I send electricity through your body, it's for your own damn benefit after-all.

Mother gave cop permission.

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?

pcosmar
06-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Is this real life?

People do stupid things,, always have and very likely will in the future.

It is yet another reason why the Police should not even exist.

aGameOfThrones
06-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Child abuse by the parents.

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
OMFG. :eek: /speechless If this is the Glorious Future our Fearless Dear Leaders envision for us, I'm getting off this ride...

asurfaholic
06-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Imagine the outrage if some parents were letting their kids play unsupervised. that would be deserving of arrest of the parents.

Mother calls taser corps on her 10 year old. Fine.

tod evans
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Excuse me as I send electricity through your body, it's for your own damn benefit after-all.

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?

It's okay they called for a brave officer to subject their child to state sanctioned discipline....

FloralScent
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
I had 'emotional problems' too...until I heard dad's belt coming unbuckled. I wonder who instigated the divorce; if it was dad, he needs to STFU.

presence
06-29-2014, 04:22 PM

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?

Its kind of like a rite of passage these days... electrical shock... few days in jail... forced psyche meds. I thought everybody gets some. What's the big deal?

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/4c5e75979a61e65a146f235975239476/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/POP_CULTURE/2012/08/the-50-most-disturbing-movies/aclockworkorange_301753.jpg

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Celebrate "freedom", idiots...

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 04:38 PM
And while Alex was getting that "treatment", I'm sure you all recall what became of his fellow Droogs...

Its kind of like a rite of passage these days... electrical shock... few days in jail... forced psyche meds. I thought everybody gets some. What's the big deal?

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/4c5e75979a61e65a146f235975239476/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/POP_CULTURE/2012/08/the-50-most-disturbing-movies/aclockworkorange_301753.jpg

amy31416
06-29-2014, 05:22 PM
I think most of us can remember being 10 yrs old--would it really have taken a taser to get you in line? Jesus, a stern look from my dad did the trick.

WTF is wrong with people?

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2014, 05:25 PM
I think most of us can remember being 10 yrs old--would it really have taken a taser to get you in line? Jesus, a stern look from my dad did the trick.

Meds in teh municipal water supply? :confused:

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 05:41 PM
What is this "father" person you people are talking about?

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 05:44 PM
"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child, just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," he said.

"We knocked her down and inflicted severe pain, so she would not get hurt."

Jesus wept...

presence
06-29-2014, 06:27 PM
And while Alex was getting that "treatment", I'm sure you all recall what became of his fellow Droogs...

"Treatment" has such a negative connotation comrade. We're discussing this child's necessary aversion therapy here aren't we?

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2014, 06:35 PM
"Treatment" has such a negative connotation comrade. We're discussing this child's necessary aversion therapy here aren't we?

That's what my Newspeak dictionary says.

Henry Rogue
06-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Show me a kid that doesn't raise hell here and there when it's bath time. It's what they do for Christ's sake!

1. Mom calling the friggin cops on a 10 year old child for throwing a tantrum?
2. Cop electrocuting the kid?
3. Dad thinking it would have been OK had he just handcuffed the kid and hauled her to a jail cell?

This entire story makes me ill.
I hope this woman is properly shunned by her friends and family. Of course, instead she'll be told how "brave" she is for calling for "help".
It takes a village to raise a child. Oh, and a tazer too.

kcchiefs6465
06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Despite the severity of those charges, Clinton County Sheriff Dave Favro says this is not a criminal case. It's a civil case designed to get the boy and his family help.

"The need for some intervention, for program services, for some help from outside agencies, and to assist the school with keeping behaviors governed. So that's why you take this type of action so that you can make sure you get them into family court and you can get some assistance to provide the proper services that are needed," Favro said.

bunklocoempire
06-29-2014, 11:04 PM

The hole (and the sperm donor) that brought forth the child were offered an easy relationship with taze/cuff-pig. Hole chose an easy taze-pig relationship rather than a challenging relationship with a daughter. Sperm donor's preferred choice was an easy relationship with cuff-pig rather than a challenging relationship with a daughter.

The hole and sperm donor are terrible to be sure, but their spineless cohorts who offer, or even suggest an offer of these "relationships" are equally to blame. Hell in a hand basket when these state "parenting solutions" are offered.

The "child acting out" calls I hear of on my scanner average at least one a day. School's occasionally, but most often in residences. :mad:

Mani
06-30-2014, 12:09 AM
The local Police Chief Jim Noggle said no disciplinary action was taken against Bradshaw.

He said if the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg.

What the fuck kind of person can't control a 10 year old girl without breaking her arm or leg?

Seriously? You tased her so you could save her from your fucking clutches that you can't control and might break a leg? Are you actually admitting you are fucking Lennie from of Mice and Men and can't control breaking necks when dealing with other people?

FindLiberty
06-30-2014, 05:56 AM
This is just stale circus from 2009.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/11/cop_dustin_bradshaw_tasers_10-.php

osan
06-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Is this real life?

Is this NOT the $64 question of all $64 questions?

Honestly, it is becoming more difficult by the day for me to avoid the uncomfortable thought that we have all been transported to Planet Bizarro, a-la-Star-Trek.

Root
06-30-2014, 07:20 AM

Honestly, it is becoming more difficult by the day for me to avoid the uncomfortable thought that we have all been transported to Planet Bizarro, a-la-Star-Trek.
I often have the same thoughts.

PRB
06-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Mom gave permission, that's all that matters.

DamianTV
06-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Any Disobedience of Authority is considered, by Authority, to be a Crime. This country is despicable.

Nirvikalpa
06-30-2014, 06:31 PM

I sometimes think we're all actors in a very long and sadistic episode of the Twilight Zone.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
well if it's okay for police to do it I'm sure the mom can buy a taser and taser the child herself right

DamianTV
06-30-2014, 09:06 PM
well if it's okay for police to do it I'm sure the mom can buy a taser and taser the child herself right

They'd call that Child Abuse! See, the action itself does not determine if something is a Crime or not, its the person that commits the action that determines if said action is a Crime. Its okay for Cops to tazer 92 year old men having seizures in a diabetic coma for disobeying "Lawful Orders", but its not okay for a 90 pound woman to use a tazer on a 250 pound rapist trying to rape her.

Monopoly on Violence
Unaccountable Authority
Just-Us
Obedience vs Cooperation
Conversion of Rights into Priviledges, then revoking said Priviledges

All of these things fully apply, and more.

tod evans
07-01-2014, 03:46 AM
They'd call that Child Abuse! See, the action itself does not determine if something is a Crime or not, its the person that commits the action that determines if said action is a Crime. Its okay for Cops to tazer 92 year old men having seizures in a diabetic coma for disobeying "Lawful Orders", but its not okay for a 90 pound woman to use a tazer on a 250 pound rapist trying to rape her.

Monopoly on Violence
Unaccountable Authority
Just-Us
Obedience vs Cooperation
Conversion of Rights into Priviledges, then revoking said Priviledges

All of these things fully apply, and more.

But, but, what about the children?

The children will never be safe without kops...:rolleyes:

acptulsa
07-01-2014, 03:49 AM
But, but, what about the children?

The children will never be safe without kops...:rolleyes:

I'm more worried that the children will never be safe from kops...

tod evans
07-01-2014, 03:53 AM
I'm more worried that the children will never be safe from kops...

At my sons 2nd grade graduation (WTF is that anyway!) several of his classmates, many in fact, stated they wanted to be either a kop or a soldier..

I beamed like a proud Papa when my kid said he wanted to be an inventor/builder.

jtap
07-01-2014, 07:52 AM

limequat
07-01-2014, 07:58 AM
+rep to the girl for actually connecting a kick to the pig's nuts.
Knowing pig's, though, it was probably accidental contact while flailing about from being tased.

presence
07-01-2014, 08:04 AM
At least they didn't call the cops on a kid that refused to get out of the bathtub.