PDA

View Full Version : Cop is nice to a pitbull!

chudrockz
06-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Some good news for a fine Saturday morning. :)

http://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/7330231-Texas-cops-rescue-of-lost-pit-bull-goes-viral/

Zippyjuan
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM
You mean they don't all kill dogs and eat doughnuts?

Anti Federalist
06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
You mean they don't all kill dogs...

Nope, not all.

Probably not even a majority.

Enough do kill dogs and people at whim, however, to make having any interaction with them a dangerous and deadly serious undertaking to be avoided at all costs.

pcosmar
06-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Nope, not all.

Probably not even a majority.

Enough do kill dogs and people at whim, however, to make having any interaction with them a dangerous and deadly serious undertaking to be avoided at all costs.

And enough bad press in too many places makes PR Firms scramble for some "feel good" stories to try to counter the massive discontent.

Wasn't there another one of these,,staged "Nice Guy" stories a while back? The Cop was later involved in some Police abuse,,and with a history of such.

Police should simply not exist.. that would eliminate that problem.

SeanTX
06-28-2014, 01:38 PM
I didn't see this myself, but a few years back my mom told me she saw a police officer return a neighbor's pit bull that had gotten loose. He could have just shot it on sight with no questions asked, but he chose to put it in his Crown Vic and safely return it. That could have something to do with the neighbor being a jail guard, possibly the cop knew her and did it as a personal favor, I don't know.

That's nice, along with the story in the OP; however, in both cases the cops could have just taken the "I don't have time for this" approach and shot it, with no consequences or accountability whatsoever. And therein lies the problem.

aGameOfThrones
06-28-2014, 01:45 PM
How much you want to bet that he's on some sort of propsychotic medication and just forgot to take it?

Ronin Truth
06-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Perhaps he only had one bullet left. ;) :D

Philhelm
06-29-2014, 10:40 AM
The fucking pigs shouldn't be praised for not murdering people or animals.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2014, 04:40 PM

Some of our more contrary members around here have a hard time savvying that concept.

Ender
06-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Some of our more contrary members around here have a hard time savvying that concept.

I disagree a bit with this.

I thinks it's a good thing to publicize decent acts of kindness by police (and also blast the hades out of them for indecent acts).

This story has 2 good points:

1. A cop acted with integrity.

2. The dog was a PIT BULL. This means that there is rarely a time when a PB is a danger, when you know how to treat them. And, if a Pit can be treated kindly, with good results, then the fear of other dogs and the shooting of them should stop.

JMHPOV

Philhelm
06-30-2014, 10:14 AM
I disagree a bit with this.

I thinks it's a good thing to publicize decent acts of kindness by police (and also blast the hades out of them for indecent acts).

This story has 2 good points:

1. A cop acted with integrity.

2. The dog was a PIT BULL. This means that there is rarely a time when a PB is a danger, when you know how to treat them. And, if a Pit can be treated kindly, with good results, then the fear of other dogs and the shooting of them should stop.

JMHPOV

Acting with integrity should be the default behavior of all law enforcement personnel. The fact that an officer is being praised for not shooting a dog is quite telling. An example of praise-worthy behavior from law enforcement would be like the time the police selflessly and courageously entered Columbine High School while two students were on a rampage.

Root
06-30-2014, 10:59 AM
A quick google search reveals that Arglington pigs have shot some dogs in the last few years.

Propaganda is a long term campaign.

fisharmor
06-30-2014, 11:22 AM

No shit. I don't get a medal every time I get caught doing my fucking job.

Ok, then I want to see some numbers.

How many PBs have unexpectedly attacked people in the last year?
How many cops have unexpectedly killed dogs in the last year?

How many cops have unexpectedly killed people​ in the last year?

Ender
06-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Acting with integrity should be the default behavior of all law enforcement personnel. The fact that an officer is being praised for not shooting a dog is quite telling. An example of praise-worthy behavior from law enforcement would be like the time the police selflessly and courageously entered Columbine High School while two students were on a rampage.

Actually, acting with integrity should be the default behavior of every individual.

Ender
06-30-2014, 11:25 AM
No shit. I don't get a medal every time I get caught doing my fucking job.

Ok, then I want to see some numbers.

How many PBs have unexpectedly attacked people in the last year?
How many cops have unexpectedly killed dogs in the last year?

How many cops have unexpectedly killed people​ in the last year?

My point is that Pits have a bad rep- usually because of stupid owners and also the fact that most people call any medium-sized short-haired dog, a Pit.

Pits do not deserve that reputation- and this story brings a little more reality to that point- just saying'.

presence
06-30-2014, 11:30 AM
The fact that an officer is being praised for not shooting a dog is quite telling.

I'm surprised he didn't get fired for it, I was under the impression, ‘We don’t give a fuck about your dog!’ (http://dogmurders.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/we-dont-give-a-fuck-about-your-dog/) was official protocol.

Ronin Truth
06-30-2014, 11:31 AM
I always thought, growing up, that the pit bull, Petey on the Little Rascals was a pretty cool pooch.

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
And enough bad press in too many places makes PR Firms scramble for some "feel good" stories to try to counter the massive discontent.

It's pretty obvious that the entire story is a PR creation.

On the other hand, it's a good thing that they seem to have taken some action (new Police training on how to handle animals). They had some pet shootings, and actually took action that might resolve those problems (as opposed to the usual "we followed procedure" and "officer safety is our only concern" BS).