PDA

View Full Version : Person Charged In Cochran Photo Scandal Found Dead in Mississippi

Matt Collins
06-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Ridgeland, Miss. police say Mayfield was found with a gunshot wound to the head. Police are investigation the shooting as a suicide.

Governor Bryant says, “Deborah and I are saddened to hear of the loss of Mark Mayfield. He was a long-time friend, and he will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family in this tragic moment.”

FOX13 spoke to the President of the Miss. Tea Party, Laura Van Overschelde, and said she did not want to comment at this time on Mayfield’s death out of respect for his family.

Mayfield and two other men had been charged in May in connection with a photo scandal involving U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran’s ill wife. A conservative blogger had taken pictures of Cocharan’s wife in a nursing home.

Investigators had charged Mayfield and the two others in connection with the incident.

Mayfield was the vice chairman of the Mississippi Tea Party.

SOURCE:
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/25888239/sources-miss-tea-party-leader-found-dead

liberalnurse
06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Tea party official Mark Mayfield, charged in connection with a scandal involving photos of Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran's ailing wife, has been found dead and police said Friday they suspect suicide in the case, the Associated Press and other outlets are reporting. .

Ridgeland Police Chief Jimmy Houston told the AP that the body of Mayfield, who was an attorney, was found Friday morning at his house outside Jackson, Miss.

:eek:

From another artricle:

The body of attorney Mark Mayfield was found Friday morning in the garage of his two-story, brick home in a gated community outside Jackson. A gun was found nearby, Ridgeland Police Chief Jimmy Houston said.

Houston says Mayfield had been shot, and a suicide note was found at the scene.

pcosmar
06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
No one will ask any questions.

Anyone who does question it will be denigrated.

Oh,, and he was charged with a conspiracy THEORY.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Really...?

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Wow.

dannno
06-27-2014, 01:19 PM
No one will ask any questions.

Anyone who does question it will be denigrated.

Oh,, and he was charged with a conspiracy THEORY.

I posted an article yesterday about how there was a big multi-agency safety drill planned right after the Elliot Rodger shooting happened. I had glazed over that part in an article and it wasn't posted about here until yesterday, but that pretty much solidified my opinion about what happened.

These things play out the same way over and over and over and over and over, I don't understand why other people can't pick up on the patterns.

nayjevin
06-27-2014, 01:56 PM
These things play out the same way over and over and over and over and over, I don't understand why other people can't pick up on the patterns.

I think it's more important to be resistant to jumping to conclusions by seeing patterns where they don't exist than it is to be the first one out saying it fits some pattern.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2014, 02:06 PM
If the goal is to wipe out any opposition, why aren't any significant players taken out? Why just the random person and not larger numbers of important, influential ones?

dannno
06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
I think it's more important to be resistant to jumping to conclusions by seeing patterns where they don't exist than it is to be the first one out saying it fits some pattern.

Except that they do exist.

dannno
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
If the goal is to wipe out any opposition, why aren't any significant players taken out? Why just the random person and not larger numbers of important, influential ones?

I think you already answered your own question.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2014, 02:41 PM
How did Ron Paul manage to live so long?

JK/SEA
06-27-2014, 02:47 PM
well i for one believe that this was a 'political hit'...i mean really...we have the IRS scandal that eliminated untold thousands to be able to exercise their right to be involved in the political process, thereby neutralizing thousands of votes. Putting a cold water blanket on the Tea Party is a crime that should be punishable with the death sentence in my opinion...

so, offing some 'low hanging fruit' is nothing to these traitors...

JK/SEA
06-27-2014, 02:49 PM

Ron is too high profile. The marxist traitors don't want a high profile martyr....simple as that......re:MLK....

William Tell
06-27-2014, 02:50 PM

Yeah, well, I don't know about this case. But it's odd how the plane Larry McDonald was on in the 80's just happened to be shot down. Ron Paul called him the most honest man in Congress. What a coincidence.:rolleyes: Lots of things like that in near recent history, Patriots supposedly killing themselves, accidents and so on.

otherone
06-27-2014, 02:52 PM

General Badassery.

http://i43.tinypic.com/bg8rkn.jpg

pcosmar
06-27-2014, 03:53 PM

He was never any real threat to anyone. (at least not anyone important)

If he ever became one he would be eliminated.
They were able to marginalize him with media,, and with Party Dirty Tricks. Killing him was unnecessary.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2014, 03:57 PM
But Mark Mayfield was? How so? Ron was a Congressman with fervid followers. Mayfield was a party worker- one of hundreds- he wasn't the Tea Party Chairman and lacked real power compared to a chairman or lawmaker. There are dozens with the same position he and and none of them have commited suicide. I would not say that Ron was not a threat- he was an ideological threat.

pcosmar
06-27-2014, 04:14 PM
But Mark Mayfield was? How so? Ron was a Congressman with fervid followers. Mayfield was a party worker- one of hundreds- he wasn't the Tea Party Chairman and lacked real power compared to a chairman or lawmaker. There are dozens with the same position he and and none of them have commited suicide. I would not say that Ron was not a threat- he was an ideological threat.

Apparently he was.. he was a Lawyer and political activist.. and an obvious enemy of Cochran.

perhaps he had some evidence of the election fraud that is now surfacing.(/speculation) or some other damning info.

The bogus allegations (Conspiracy charge) were a go nowhere harassment..not a real threat.

I don't buy the suicide.

Valli6
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
I have a terrible connection and can't post link, but saw these details at clarionledger.com
"Mayfields death puts an exclamation point..."

"They killed him," she said in a raised voice full of pain. "They sent a SWAT team to his office, six officers, just to arrest him."

Bruce knows Mayfield committed suicide this morning, but she shares a broadly held rage at the way the Madison Police Department brought Mayfield into custody. After all, none of the other suspects were treated in the same manner. While a SWAT team didn't actually go to Mayfield's office, several officers in multiple cars with lights on did. Compare that to the others.

Clayton Kelly, the blogger who actually took photos of Rose Cochran lying in her nursing home, was apprehended without drama. Richard Sager was arrested at his school, but he was taken around back out of the view of the students by the school's resource officer to the waiting police. And John Mary was never even taken into custody but allowed to come to the department to be charged and then released.

Bruce is not alone in those feelings. So many who have reached out to me today feel Madison police and the district attorney's office went too far with the way they handled their investigation and particularly with their treatment of Mayfield.

"I don't know what Mark did, if he made a phone call or sent an email or wanted a picture to be taken or what," Bruce said. "But whatever he did doesn't rise to him deserving to be treated the way he was treated."

Bruce recalled seeing him days after the arrest.

"He was just so despondent," she said. "At first, we were all just shocked, but we got caught up in the campaign and kind of moved on."

But Mayfield remained locked in a world of uncertainty and fear. The day after his arrest, he started losing clients, including three banks that were large clients, so those close to him have shared. The ordeal destroyed him, Bruce and others said. Even before he apparently shot himself in his home, friends and colleagues talked about seeing Mayfield and how low he seemed. Despite trying to keep a positive face, he was clearly scared and anguished.

(Pardon mess, I,m not accustomed to working on an iPad. Maybe someone els can post the link. I'm on top of a mountain/camping.. CherrySprings Pa... Really BAD internet)

Aratus
06-27-2014, 11:09 PM
dang. this is tragic.
in two years time, i
hope McDaniels wins.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2014, 12:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYb6aHdU4c

Demigod
06-28-2014, 12:56 AM

Demigod
06-28-2014, 12:59 AM

Killing someone is never a first pick because you can really radicalize their supporters.If Ron had at any moment the power to change something he would have died for sure ,on the other hand if Ron was a nobody but attacked someones ego he would have died .

Taking pictures of someones disabled wife to hurt him politically is a really low personal attack.It is even understandable why he would have him killed.

pcosmar
06-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Taking pictures of someones disabled wife to hurt him politically is a really low personal attack.It is even understandable why he would have him killed.

Telling the story of his wife and his mistress is legitimate journalism.
Regardless of how much of the story he wants obscured.

It should hurt him politically. But he has successfully twisted it to demonize the reporters and obscured the story of having his wife committed so he could fuck his girlfriend.

limequat
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Now that we know about the vote buying, is this worth a second look?

Let's see if that paragon on virtue, Fielder winds up dead too.

limequat
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Ok, for those of us that weren't following this until it got...uh...interesting...

Cochran's wife is in a Nursing home, while he bangs some other chick. I guess the idea was to post an article on a blog about this. Here, look at Cochran's poor wife. What a jerk Cochran is.

The blogger, Kelly, snuck into the nursing home and get's the pic for his story. May 22nd, Kelly is arrested along with Mark Mayfield. Mayfield was accused of telling Kelly where the nursing home was.

The official crime is Photographing someone without there consent. Mayfield was charged as conspirator to photograph someone without their consent. He was arrested by 6 officers and held on 1/4 million dollars bail less than 1 month before the election. Ignore for now the irony of all this with cameras every where recording everything.

What is obvious is that the cops/court are in the back pocket of the Cochran campaign. The arrest is a huge stretch, politically benefited Cochran, and the bail was ridiculous.

So here's the timeline as I got it:

May 22: Mark Mayfield arrested
June 24: Cochran wins runoff by impossibly slim margin
June 27: Mark Mayfield found dead by his wife @ 9 AM
Jul 1: Pastor comes forward about illegal vote buying scheme

oyarde
07-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Ok, for those of us that weren't following this until it got...uh...interesting...

Cochran's wife is in a Nursing home, while he bangs some other chick. I guess the idea was to post an article on a blog about this. Here, look at Cochran's poor wife. What a jerk Cochran is.

The blogger, Kelly, snuck into the nursing home and get's the pic for his story. May 22nd, Kelly is arrested along with Mark Mayfield. Mayfield was accused of telling Kelly where the nursing home was.

The official crime is Photographing someone without there consent. Mayfield was charged as conspirator to photograph someone without their consent. He was arrested by 6 officers and held on 1/4 million dollars bail less than 1 month before the election. Ignore for now the irony of all this with cameras every where recording everything.

What is obvious is that the cops/court are in the back pocket of the Cochran campaign. The arrest is a huge stretch, politically benefited Cochran, and the bail was ridiculous.

So here's the timeline as I got it:

May 22: Mark Mayfield arrested
June 24: Cochran wins runoff by impossibly slim margin
June 27: Mark Mayfield found dead by his wife @ 9 AM
Jul 1: Pastor comes forward about illegal vote buying scheme
Probably ought to add that McCain supports this .