PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Military chopper fires on border patrol

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 09:39 AM
http://benswann.com/mexican-military-chopper-opens-fire-on-us-border-patrol-agents/

angelatc
06-27-2014, 09:45 AM
SNippet:
The incident occurred after midnight and before 6 a.m. Helicopter flew into the U.S. and fired on two U.S. Border Patrol agents. The incident occurred west of the San Miguel Gate on the Tohono O’odham Indian Nation. The agents were unharmed. The helicopter went back into Mexico. Mexico then contacted U.S. authorities and apologized for the incident.

More at the link: http://benswann.com/mexican-military-chopper-opens-fire-on-us-border-patrol-agents/

Another source verifying the story: http://www.kvoa.com/news/mexican-military-chopper-crosses-the-border-shoots-at-agents/

William Tell
06-27-2014, 09:46 AM
The States need to start securing their own borders, the feds have no intention of protecting us from those crazy people down there.
Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane, sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.

thoughtomator
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
The States need to start securing their own borders, the feds have no intention of protecting us from those crazy people down there.
Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane, sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.

If it's not apparent yet, the US government and the Mexican government are in alliance together, and are both at war with Arizona and Texas.

jllundqu
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Jesus. Send this one to Drudge, someone....

angelatc
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM

So....the Border Patrol agents need surface to air missiles then?

William Tell
06-27-2014, 09:52 AM

No, heck with them, the State Militias should hold the bulk of our firepower. Minimize our standing army, go for more of a Swiss model.

oyarde
06-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Why are the Mexicans firing at targets on the Tohono Res ? Racists .

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 09:53 AM

Texas has asked for assistance and supposedly has been promised some but I am against the further militarization of police. The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. We pay for them so I don't know the status of that.

puppetmaster
06-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Such good neighbors

jllundqu
06-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Jesus. Send this one to Drudge, someone....

Nevermind... it's HEADLINED on Drudge now

William Tell
06-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Texas has asked for assistance and supposedly has been promised some but I am against the further militarization of police.

I am too, we need to overhaul all of our defense forces, and go for a tradition American and or Swiss model of militia and military.

The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. We pay for them so I don't know the status of that.

No, the Texas State Guard is supposed to fill a role more like that at this time. But yes, the State National Guard should be more like that too. Dan Patrick has made some pretty strong promises regarding the border. I don't trust him or believe him.

tod evans
06-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Rip the federal funding from all border activities, fire the federal employees and divert all state tax revenue to the property owners so that they can protect their own land.

There was never a problem with the border until the feds started messing around...(This includes their welfare programs) :mad:

jbauer
06-27-2014, 10:11 AM

That and their own personal bearcat with twin 50cal turret mounted machine guns. Oh, and a MacGyver manual on how to twart terrorists.

pcosmar
06-27-2014, 10:14 AM

No. The land owners on the border do.

William Tell
06-27-2014, 10:16 AM

Yes, the Militia is the people.

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I am too, we need to overhaul all of our defense forces, and go for a tradition American and or Swiss model of militia and military.

No, the Texas State Guard is supposed to fill a role more like that at this time. But yes, the State National Guard should be more like that too. Dan Patrick has made some pretty strong promises regarding the border. I don't trust him or believe him.

That may be what I meant.

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 10:19 AM

There's probably a lot of state owned land...south Texas is really barren in parts.

pcosmar
\ The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. .

No they are not.. State national Guard is a Federal Force. Has been so for many years..

The militia is every person able to bear arms,, and in NO WAY connected to Government. They are supposed to be the Counter to Government.
They can be requested to aid government (as volunteers) and are only paid while in that service. (Which they can also refuse)

jkr
that is a fucking INVASION

TREASON!

Carlybee
06-27-2014, 10:23 AM
No they are not.. State national Guard is a Federal Force. Has been so for many years..

The militia is every person able to bear arms,, and in NO WAY connected to Government. They are supposed to be the Counter to Government.
They can be requested to aid government (as volunteers) and are only paid while in that service. (Which they can also refuse)

I corrected myself above when William Tell said it was the Texas State Guard which I believe operates as a reserve. There is not a big enough militia to guard the border as far as individuals who can go down there and stay 24/7. We saw that with the Minutemen although yes that would be preferable.

Ender
06-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Rip the federal funding from all border activities, fire the federal employees and divert all state tax revenue to the property owners so that they can protect their own land.

There was never a problem with the border until the feds started messing around...(This includes their welfare programs) :mad:

Yep.

This is the WoD in action- maybe a little retaliation in the crime syndicate?

JK/SEA
06-27-2014, 12:36 PM
dammit...if the flow of Tequila gets disrupted, i'm gonna get pissed.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Andy Adame, U.S. Border Patrol Spokesperson:

Early this morning, a Mexican law enforcement helicopter crossed approximately 100 yards north into Arizona nearly 8 miles southwest of the Village of San Miguel on the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation while on a drug interdiction operation near the border. Two shots were fired from the helicopter but no injuries or damage to US property were reported. The incident is currently under investigation.

100 yards over the border, eh? Warning shots (just two and no injuries or damage to property so not intended to harm) to stay away from their target or were they shooting at their suspects who were near the US border agents?

Event was middle of the night- (between midnight and 6am) so maybe could not distinguish that they were US border patrol?

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Nothing to see here folks. It was just an honest mistake in the war on drugs. Friendly fire.

William Tell
06-27-2014, 03:51 PM
100 yards over the border, eh? Warning shots (just two and no injuries or damage to property so not intended to harm) to stay away from their target or were they shooting at their suspects who were near the US border agents?

Event was middle of the night- (between midnight and 6am) so maybe could not distinguish that they were US border patrol?

Try doing that tonight, fire 2 warning shots at somebody and see if you can get away with it like our neighbors down there.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Nothing indicates that the Border Patrol agents felt threatened enough to fire back (or maybe the helicoptor didn't hang around more than a few seconds).

William Tell
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Nothing indicates that the Border Patrol agents felt threatened enough to fire back (or maybe the helicoptor didn't hang around more than a few seconds).

I doubt they had the firepower to take on an armed aircraft.

Henry Rogue
06-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane,As are all governments.

sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.Yeah, like law enforcement.

osan
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM

Don't be silly. I would, however, arm them with .50 Barrets with AP rounds. Put one of those through the pilot's head and the bird will have a pretty bad day.