PDA

View Full Version : should McDaniels run write-in?

cindy25
06-26-2014, 11:02 PM
if he did, and polled 15% it would cost Cochran the seat.

CPUd
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
He won't run as a write-in unless he plans on leaving the GOP and quitting electoral politics afterwards.

RonPaulMall
06-26-2014, 11:50 PM
He is only 41 years old. He lost by a whisker this time around, but his ideology is the future of Mississippi and the forces that defeated him get weaker by the day. No need to waste his time in some childish spoiler tantrum. Focus instead on the next race and victory.

jkob
06-27-2014, 12:46 AM
only if he had a legitimate chance at winning so probably not

jurgs01
06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
It's really hard to fight the Karl Rove machine and his pack of demons.

CaptUSA
06-27-2014, 08:23 AM
I agree with this.

Write-ins on this scale are impossible. It will only serve to sour his reputation.

mosquitobite
06-27-2014, 08:26 AM
I think it's more of his supporters calling for the write in, not him.

I agree with the others, write in campaigns are not a good idea for the most part.

I think strategically they should vote for the dem, just to punish the establishment.

Note the impeachment talk started today so they could blather on about HOW IMPORTANT Cochran is.

eduardo89
06-27-2014, 08:30 AM
He can't.

William Tell
06-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Running as a write in would hurt his reputation among Republicans beyond repair. His people could take over the Mississippi GOP over the next few years. That would be a bigger victory, he will be elected to some position I think. Probably Senate next time.

Legend1104
06-27-2014, 10:06 AM
MS does not count write-ins. You can technically do it but it is not counted. I have served on the resolution board for my county and every time we get a write-in we are told to discard it.

William Tell
06-27-2014, 10:08 AM
MS does not count write-ins. You can technically do it but it is not counted. I have served on the resolution board for my county and every time we get a write-in we are told to discard it.
Thanks for the info, not surprising. In Texas, we do not count write ins unless they are official 'registered' write ins, where the candidate has paid a fee.

samforpaul
06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info, not surprising. In Texas, we do not count write ins unless they are official 'registered' write ins, where the candidate has paid a fee.

which begs the question: Does MS allow official registered write ins?

Mr.NoSmile
06-27-2014, 07:25 PM
It's really hard to fight the Karl Rove machine and his pack of demons.

Not to mention the war chests. Money bombs are fine, but they often don't bring in the funds that an incumbent would get from big donors.

Legend1104
06-27-2014, 08:21 PM
which begs the question: Does MS allow official registered write ins?

I don't actually know about that.

Lord Xar
06-27-2014, 08:54 PM
He is only 41 years old. He lost by a whisker this time around, but his ideology is the future of Mississippi and the forces that defeated him get weaker by the day. No need to waste his time in some childish spoiler tantrum. Focus instead on the next race and victory.

How did he lose? From what I've been reading, he won -- but Cochran used extremely dirty tactics and had a bunch of dems vote for him,,, AND these dems, many, were ineligible to vote.. so, not sure "he lost by a whisker". I think he actually won... He just needs to pursue legal action.

dillo
06-27-2014, 09:22 PM
As bad as it sounds from listening to this guy I'm not sure hes any better than Cochran, it could be argued that a win by him is a win for grassroots politics and that is something I could agree with, but does anyone actually believe that McDaniels wouldnt rubber stamp another patriot act or Iraq War

William Tell
06-27-2014, 09:41 PM
but does anyone actually believe that McDaniels wouldnt rubber stamp another patriot act or Iraq War

He would not.

Aratus
06-27-2014, 11:02 PM
its truly his choice i feel, but there is only a two year time~frame
between HOUSE elections... he may get to D.C yet, either way!!!
i'd advise him to keep up his contacts + connections indeedy yes.