PDA

View Full Version : Humanity Surprised No Alternative To Letting Power-Hungry Assholes Decide Everything (ONION)

DamianTV
06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Actual Title wouldnt fit. Mods may want to paraphrase it also.

Humanity Surprised It Still Hasn’t Figured Out Better Alternative To Letting Power-Hungry Assholes Decide Everything
http://www.theonion.com/articles/humanity-surprised-it-still-hasnt-figured-out-bett,36361/

Noting that it has had thousands of years to develop a more agreeable option, humankind expressed bewilderment this week that it has yet to devise a better alternative to governing itself than always letting power-hungry assholes run everything, sources worldwide reported.

Individuals in every country on earth voiced their frustration that, in spite of generations of mistreatment, neglect, and abuse they have suffered at the hands of those in positions of authority, they continue to allow control over the world’s governments, businesses, and virtually every other type of organization and social group to fall to the most megalomaniacal pricks among them.

“We’ve all seen what this system leads to, so you’d think that by now, someone, somewhere would have sat down and thought up another way to keep our societies functioning without giving all the power to arrogant, amoral dicks whose only concern is improving their own status,” said Mumbai software designer Ankan Rao, one of 7.1 billion humans who conveyed continued surprise that their species has so far proven incapable of formulating a method of governance that was even slightly more tolerable. “Everybody dislikes the people in charge and everybody knows they’re only serving their own personal agendas at the expense of everyone else, but we just keep allowing these jerks to make our decisions time and time again. And it’s not just here—it’s everywhere in the world.”

(Continues on Link...)

dannno
06-26-2014, 03:40 PM
/Onion

dannno
06-26-2014, 04:04 PM
I can think of some much better choices than those they put in the set of pictures.

dannno
06-26-2014, 08:50 PM
bump

Occam's Banana
06-26-2014, 10:39 PM
When pressed for further comment, however, every member of humanity agreed that the current system, though deeply flawed, remains far better than one in which they actually have to make decisions for themselves.

The Onion has severely misrepresented my comment on this matter!

I knew I shouldn't have talked to that asshole reporter ...

Schifference
06-26-2014, 10:54 PM
maybe computers with artificial intelligence will soon be running our lives.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM

I, for one, look forward to our new robotic overlords.

Philhelm
06-27-2014, 10:19 AM

I hope they're like the computer from the movie Eagle Eye, in which the computer used drones in order to assassinate politicians that violated the Constitution.