PDA

View Full Version : Donation Thread - McMillin Moneybomb $10768.00 raised

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2014, 03:53 PM
-
Post your participation in this thread! (No need to post amount if you don't want to. Match challenges welcome!)
-

Can we get a win? (https://moneybomb-tomforcongress.nationbuilder.com/) Tom McMillin Moneybomb Extended Saturday June 28

This may be our best chance to add a new Liberty Congressman to the U.S. House of Representatives this year.

McMillin's opponent is a backroom-picked, big government, establishment, crony corporatist candidate, who will continue to erode your Constitutional rights.

For Facebook people, you can spread the word here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/240664932811380/

Here is the official RPF Candidate Evaluation Thread for Tom McMillin:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?447525-Campaign-Evaluation-Tom-McMillin-(U-S-House-MI-8)

Justin Amash approved!

Donate here: (https://moneybomb-tomforcongress.nationbuilder.com/)
https://moneybomb-tomforcongress.nationbuilder.com/

Extended Due to PayPal glitch.

Message from the Tom McMillin campaign:

We were having a very successful fundraising Money Bomb today for my Congressional campaign...until about 9pm, when paypal had a glitch and things came to a halt. We received many emails and Facebook messages indicating they were trying, but couldn't donate.

We did get the problem fixed about 15 minutes ago. So - we are going to extend the Money Bomb until tomorrow at 2pm.

I ask that you please consider donating and sending friends to the Money Bomb page too - at www.transformcongress.net.

Thank you very much!

Mr.NoSmile
06-25-2014, 04:33 PM
I thought Brannon was supposed to be the best chance. And then McDaniel was supposed to be the best chance.

FSP-Rebel
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
I thought Brannon was supposed to be the best chance. And then McDaniel was supposed to be the best chance.
It's clear that the establishment tends to go all out for these Senate seats and it's easier to just blanket the state w/ ads so low info voters can make up their decision at the last minute. Congressional districts are easier to canvass and make more efficient use of limited funds especially if they are open seats. I'm pumped about Brat winning because of him knocking off Cantor and I'm sure he'll make a stellar Rep. I'm slightly even more excited about McMillin because I've met him, know his track record and he's tight w/ Amash. The House owns the purse strings so if we have enough solid liberty republicans at some point hopefully they can man up and stop the train rolling. Or, we could just throw in the towel and call it quits.

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2014, 08:34 PM
On the one hand, there have been losses. On the other hand, Brat was a long shot and won. At least McMillin isn't going up against an incumbent. And it's a fairly low profile race, may be able to sneak in under the radar, similar to Brat's win.

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Moneybomb tomorrow!

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAj1ti_v06s

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Just remember how much Rep. Mike Rogers made your skin boil over whenever he called for govt secrecy, the NSA can do whatever it wants, bombs away overseas and otherwise talking crap about the wing of the party that Ron carved out for us. His pick to replace himself, so he can go on the radio and 'educate' listeners about the same crap he was known for in Congress and the Homeland Security cmte a la what I mentioned initially, is a carbon copy of himself who will own this seat and be a vocal advocate for all things chamber of commerce/war related. Tom isn't a greenhorn like Kerry was, his record speaks for itself on a state level and he's a wingman w/ Amash on all the foreign policy and civil rights issues bar none. At minimum, carve out some lunch or dinner money from your check tomorrow and send it to a liberty champ like Tom while sending the bird to the likes of Rogers and his ilk which are the epitome of everything that is wrong w/ this country and this party in modern times.

Edit: my only beef w/ Tom is that he hasn't started to accept Bitcoin as a donation option.:p

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
From McMillin's Facebook page:

Donate on Friday - even if it will be a small amount to his campaign. Help Tom end the quarter well. We need him in Washington, fighting for freedom and liberty. The 6/30 report will be the only cash on hand report in Tom's race. Whether you can give a little or a lot, join this event today and invite your friends to do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/events/240664932811380/

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2014, 02:10 PM
For Twitter users:

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2014, 09:16 PM

mad cow
06-26-2014, 10:31 PM
It's Friday in Virginia.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Tom McMillin for Congress
$25.00 USD 1 $25.00 USD

Insurance: ----
Total: $25.00 USD
Receipt No: 3514-2431-0558-XXXX
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at Tom McMillin for Congress or PayPal.

EBounding
06-26-2014, 11:09 PM
He has a separate site for it, might want to put it on the main post too: https://transformcongress.net

Transform Congress Moneybomb
Donation Receipt
CONFIRMATION # 111

AMOUNT
$100.00
DATE Jun 27 2014

jurgs01
06-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Donation Receipt
CONFIRMATION # 125

AMOUNT
$25.00
DATE Jun 27 2014

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 10:38 AM
$2435.00 raised so far...

jurgs01
06-27-2014, 10:59 AM
$2435.00 raised so far...

If Justin Amash pumps it on his FB page (he already did on Twitter), we can get him $25K.

Friday is unfortunately a slow social media day. Sunday is the best.

I would like to see Liberty for All and Liberty Pac make this race a success.

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 12:17 PM

Donation Receipt Confirmation # 165

Suzanimal
06-27-2014, 12:28 PM
$3205.00 raised

Order Description:
Date:
Jun 27, 2014
Time:
11:23:24 PDT
Completed

Lucille
06-27-2014, 12:38 PM
They're coming in fast!

$3490.00 raised

After my measly $10.

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
They're coming in fast!

$3490.00 raised

After my measly $10.

Every little bit helps, and it ups the number of unique donors in his upcoming campaign report.

Lucille
06-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Brian. I'll keep an eye on it and if he's falling short of his goal, I'll throw him another 10, and I'll do it in my husband's name and info so he'll have one more unique donor.

JK/SEA
06-27-2014, 01:31 PM
the goal keeps moving....was 5g's, now 7,500...

Bastiat's The Law
06-27-2014, 01:44 PM
It's clear that the establishment tends to go all out for these Senate seats and it's easier to just blanket the state w/ ads so low info voters can make up their decision at the last minute. Congressional districts are easier to canvass and make more efficient use of limited funds especially if they are open seats. I'm pumped about Brat winning because of him knocking off Cantor and I'm sure he'll make a stellar Rep. I'm slightly even more excited about McMillin because I've met him, know his track record and he's tight w/ Amash. The House owns the purse strings so if we have enough solid liberty republicans at some point hopefully they can man up and stop the train rolling. Or, we could just throw in the towel and call it quits.

Correct. We better bring all our snot and raise $5 million if we want a realistic shot at winning a Senate seat.

Lucille
06-27-2014, 02:21 PM
$3850.00

Hope it picks back up after the work day is done.

Chowder
06-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I just sent in $25! I'm savin the big bucks though for Justin Amash!

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I just sent in $25! I'm savin the big bucks though for Justin Amash!

Justin Amash approves of both donations!

Lucille
06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
the goal keeps moving....was 5g's, now 7,500...

Well, he hit his first goal!

$5350.00 raised

Mr.NoSmile
06-27-2014, 05:06 PM
$15.00 for me. This better be damn worth it. After donating to two other candidates who lost, you consider all the better uses your money could go toward.

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 06:02 PM
$6050.00 raised. Should be able to hit the current goal of $7500...

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 06:13 PM
$15.00 for me. This better be damn worth it. After donating to two other candidates who lost, you consider all the better uses your money could go toward.

Yeah, the Greg Brannon loss was disappointing. The Brat win was a pleasant surprise. With this being a small race, and McMillin already an office holder, it should give him better odds. High profile races are hard to win. The establishment pulls out all the stops. This race is pretty low profile, as you can see by the massive enthusiasm. :o

Mr.NoSmile
06-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Having a smaller goal set than what you'd expect from money bombs seems to have helped. My hope is that McMillin gets stronger name recognition, since Bishop has Rogers' backing.

MichaelDavis
06-27-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't have any money, but I do have time.

Michael --

Thank you for signing up to volunteer.

FSP-Rebel
06-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Just tried to donate but it says my paypal account is restricted, whatever the hell that means as I haven't used it in ages. Tried the optional $100, then tried clicking the $50 standard and both came with the same result. I don't get it, why can't I just input a damn debit or credit card on his site and be done with it?

mad cow
06-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Just tried to donate but it says my paypal account is restricted, whatever the hell that means as I haven't used it in ages. Tried the optional $100, then tried clicking the $50 standard and both came with the same result. I don't get it, why can't I just input a damn debit or credit card on his site and be done with it?

I don't have paypal.I donated at this link with a credit card.
http://www.tom4michigan.com

I found that page looking around the link in the OP.

Never Mind,just got this email:

We were having a very successful fundraising Money Bomb today for my Congressional campaign...until about 9pm, when paypal had a glitch and things came to a halt. We received many emails and Facebook messages indicating they were trying, but couldn't donate.

We did get the problem fixed about 15 minutes ago. So - we are going to extend the Money Bomb until tomorrow at 2pm.

I ask that you please consider donating and sending friends to the Money Bomb page too - at www.transformcongress.net.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Tom McMillin

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Message from the campaign:

Thank you very much!

FSP-Rebel
06-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Ok, it went through and when I checked my email McMillin has this MB extension going on because of a Paypal glitch. That must have been the problem because before when I went to the #3 payment option it would prod you to go to paypal and it said I was restricted. Hey Tom, that's what you get for messing around w/ shitpal. Take some damn Bitcoin would ya. Tbh, I expect these so-called liberty candidates to take BTC if they are worth their salt and there'll be a time when I just say the hell w/ them for sending me through hoola hoops to donate when shit is way easier these days.

Bryan
06-27-2014, 10:11 PM
The www.transformcongress.net site worked for me - so I'm $$$ in now. :D

Who's next? It's not too late. :)

KCIndy
06-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Wow, I almost forgot about this!!!

I'm in for $20:

Jun 27, 2014 21:42:02 PDT
Transaction ID: 9R4111285J743254T

You sent a payment of $20.00 USD to Tom McMillin for Congress

Wish I could send more, but I'm damn near broke at the moment. :(

Suzanimal
06-27-2014, 11:07 PM
$8740.00 raised

Yay!

Bastiat's The Law
06-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Donated. I want to see McMillin rail against the NSA police state.

Bastiat's The Law
06-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Hovering around $8740 right now. We should be able to break 10k tomorrow.

rprprs
06-28-2014, 06:24 AM
$9115.00 raised (Current goal = $10,000)

Jun 28, 2014 05:05:10 PDT
Transaction ID: 2WH109605A711xxxx

Hello (rprprs),

You sent a payment of $25.00 USD to Tom McMillin for Congress
(taxpayersfortom@yahoo.com)

rprprs
06-28-2014, 08:39 AM
C'mon, folks. Don't let this post be the thread ender (I HATE when that happens). ;)
And don't let my above donation be the last posted here.
Check under those sofa cushions if you must.
$9450.00 raised of $10,000 goal.
If I understand correctly, there's a 2pm moneybomb deadline. Let's meet and exceed.

ClydeCoulter
06-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Okay, Amash convinced me in that video posted earlier. :)

Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *TOMMCMILLIN"
Payment sent to taxpayersfortom@yahoo.com

Bastiat's The Law
06-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Website seems to be down.

Cleaner44
06-28-2014, 09:13 AM
I should have done this yesterday. Better late than never. Only $440 away from the goal now.

Donation Receipt

Confirmation # 314

Brian4Liberty
06-28-2014, 11:09 AM
$10051.00 raised!

Guess that glitch effected a lot of people. Sounds like they were down for several hours near the end of the day. Not good during a MoneyBomb! Guess it's typical though. High volume, new to production software and interfaces...

Website seems to be down.

It's up right now.

Brian4Liberty
06-28-2014, 11:13 AM
If I understand correctly, there's a 2pm moneybomb deadline. Let's meet and exceed.

In which time-zone? ;)

EBounding
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Is there still anyone who hasn't been able to donate because of technical difficulties?

I know some are understandably apprehensive to donate because of the losses in other races. But keep in mind those were all Senate races which are completely different animals. Tom is also a seasoned legislator with a long voting record, so we know exactly what he will do and that he'll do it effectively.

Bumping the video again. Jump to 5:20 to hear Amash talking about the first time he met Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAj1ti_v06s#t=320

daviddee
06-29-2014, 05:24 AM

Feelgood
06-29-2014, 01:25 PM
It really is a sad day, and shows just how far things have fallen, that this is considered a successful money bomb. I have spoken before of the money bomb fatigue, and this should surely help to prove that point. When $10k is considered a success, going up against the machine, then you have truly become delusional. $10k used to be a 30 second average, for what were real money bombs. The only thing about today's money bombs that make them money bombs, is the fact they BOMB consecutively. Not only should this not be considered successful, bragging about it is just embarrassing. Why in the HELL is it still stuck at the top of the front page? It should be buried if anything.

The powerful elite are laughing at us now, and rightfully so. It is time to try to find a new way of raising money. The money bomb has been over used, and no longer has the meaning it once did. Go ahead and flame if it makes you feel better, you know in your heart, what I am saying is true.

jct74
06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
It really is a sad day, and shows just how far things have fallen, that this is considered a successful money bomb. I have spoken before of the money bomb fatigue, and this should surely help to prove that point. When $10k is considered a success, going up against the machine, then you have truly become delusional. $10k used to be a 30 second average, for what were real money bombs. The only thing about today's money bombs that make them money bombs, is the fact they BOMB consecutively. Not only should this not be considered successful, bragging about it is just embarrassing. Why in the HELL is it still stuck at the top of the front page? It should be buried if anything.

The powerful elite are laughing at us now, and rightfully so. It is time to try to find a new way of raising money. The money bomb has been over used, and no longer has the meaning it once did. Go ahead and flame if it makes you feel better, you know in your heart, what I am saying is true.

go start a thread telling us your great idea then instead of crying like a little girl.

Bryan
06-29-2014, 03:50 PM

No flaming here. It's certainly OK to be critical, and certainly you're not going to win a Congressional seat on $10K, but Tom is also pretty much an unknown to many people and one of the side benefits of a money bomb is increased name recognition. So consider it campaign baby steps. As well, for the people who did contribute, it's worth some celebration for the difference we did make. Otherwise, jct74 is right in that we could always use more / better ideas to make more of a difference.

kcchiefs6465
06-29-2014, 04:27 PM

Not to be out of line but how much did you donate?

Many people are tapped out. Many are discouraged. Many have lost hope in political solutions.

I do not have the time to research every person being promoted. And even with working as much as I do, I am quite handsomely robbed. If you want people to donate more, or would like more successful moneybombs, either one, donate more yourself/promote it quite in advance, or two, quit being so negative as to discourage people from donating anything they can in the future.

Unless they are saying End the Fed, bring the troops home today, abolish the IRS, abolish the NSA, abolish the CIA, end foreign aid, drastically cut back the welfare state etc. no one is going to be that excited. Ron Paul was different. That is what drew many to him (and led many to donate more financially than they were able).

Brian4Liberty
06-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Expectations. If you expect to raise a million dollars, you will be disappointed. If you expect to raise $5000 (the original goal), then $10,000 is better.

This was an average, everyday fundraiser, just like any other. We are back to normal conditions. Ron Paul moneybombs were extraordinary. Lightning in a bottle.

_pauladin_
06-30-2014, 08:07 AM
I forgot about the Moneybomb earlier, but I just donated $25, and the ticker's almost up to $11K now. Hopefully, McMillin can at least be a thorn in the establishment's side.

EBounding
06-30-2014, 09:47 AM

This moneybomb is not the full extent of McMillin's fundraising. It was really just an end of the quarter push. I think this one did better than the first one for Bentivolio too (another congressional race).

Tom has said in a number of interviews that fundraising has been going well and that he's been collecting large dollar checks. Plus, fundraising is all relative. This is not an incumbent race and there's no way Bishop is raising tens of thousands regularly. The last poll had over 70% undecided. If Tom is way down in terms of dollars donated and cash on hand, then it's time to panic. But I expect Tom to be at least in the same range as Bishop.

William Tell
06-30-2014, 09:57 AM
This is not an incumbent race and there's no way Bishop is raising tens of thousands regularly.

If only that was true, I bet he has raised a few hundred grand already, establishment candidates for Congress always raise hundreds of thousands, if not over a million.

The last poll had over 70% undecided. If Tom is way down in terms of dollars donated and cash on hand, then it's time to panic. But I expect Tom to be at least in the same range as Bishop.
I imagine Tom is doing well for a liberty candidate, but he will be outspent by a good sum almost certainly.

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2014, 10:06 AM
I forgot about the Moneybomb earlier, but I just donated $25, and the ticker's almost up to $11K now. Hopefully, McMillin can at least be a thorn in the establishment's side.

Every donation helps. It's still June today, so it should count in his quarterly report (both as a unique donor and towards the final amount raised).

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Expectations. If you expect to raise a million dollars, you will be disappointed. If you expect to raise $5000 (the original goal), then $10,000 is better.

This was an average, everyday fundraiser, just like any other. We are back to normal conditions. Ron Paul moneybombs were extraordinary. Lightning in a bottle.

For comparison purposes, Nancy Pelosi sent out a fund raising letter for the Democrat running for US House against Rod Blum (the good guy) in Iowa. It was an end of quarter fundraiser, like this one was for McMillin. The goal for Nancy's fundraiser was $9765.

Source:
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0734e9c9c5a77708ea689ff5b&id=a3d96f0405