PDA

View Full Version : New Brian Ellis ad: Amash is 'Al Qaeda's best friend in Congress'

jct74
06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Foe's ad: Amash is 'Al Qaeda's best friend'

By Cameron Joseph
June 25, 2014, 10:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhAE9VtJ7Co

Rep. Justin Amash's (R-Mich.) primary opponent issued a brutal attack in his latest ad, using a former Marine to repeat comments that Amash is "Al Qaeda's best friend in Congress."

"We were out there fighting for the country and he's voting against anything that would help us," former Marine Ben Thomas says in the ad for businessman Brian Ellis (R) after attacking Amash for wanting to close Guantanamo Bay.
"Mr. Amash, you were called Al Qaeda's best friend in Congress, and for good reason. Your votes put America at risk and that's a disgrace," Thomas says, referencing Rep. Devin Nunes's (R-Calif.) comments from last month.

Ellis has been receiving support from more hawkish establishment Republicans who are unhappy with Amash's libertarian views and frequent challenges to House Republican leadership.

Amash fired back against the ad's accusations.

"Our brave men and women in uniform don't support unconstitutional NSA spying on ordinary Americans which Ellis specifically endorses in his ad. They don't support unwise, open-ended wars. As I've heard from hundreds of veterans in my district, they want what I consistently vote for: a well-equipped and well-trained Armed Forces that honors its commitment to veterans and a government that protects our rights," Amash said in a statement to The Hill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/210513-amash-opponent-calls-him-al-qaedas-best-friend-in-ad

jct74
06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Justin Amash Moneybomb | July 18, 2014

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454475-Justin-Amash-MoneyBomb-July-18th

https://www.facebook.com/events/710011762367977/

http://justinamashmoneybomb.com/

Shane Harris
06-25-2014, 03:40 PM
yuck.

CaptUSA
06-25-2014, 03:45 PM
This is GREAT!!

I hope the neocons keep pushing this line. It will further marginalize them!

The country has turned the corner. They think they can keep saying the boogeyman's name and scared people will vote for them. It doesn't work that way anymore!

mit26chell
06-25-2014, 03:47 PM
That marine is a douche bag. Wonder how much he got paid to say that? D-BAG!!

Feelgood
06-25-2014, 04:44 PM
I am sorry, but I can not even believe this is real. It has to be a troll! I don't believe a real vet would/could be that stupid and that clueless. Obviously a paid actor, and not a good one at that.

economics102
06-25-2014, 04:46 PM
I am sorry, but I can not even believe this is real. It has to be a troll! I don't believe a real vet would/could be that stupid and that clueless. Obviously a paid actor, and not a good one at that.

I would assume it's real. Surely if it were not a real vet this ad would be breaking some kind of law.

Shane Harris
06-25-2014, 05:55 PM
yes. the men and women in our military ARE that stupid. sad but true

juleswin
06-25-2014, 06:01 PM

or everyone has a price and Ellis just paid enough to get him to say whatever he wants. Amash better find his own veteran to counter that BS message.

Shane Harris
06-25-2014, 06:08 PM
or everyone has a price and Ellis just paid enough to get him to say whatever he wants. Amash better find his own veteran to counter that BS message.

Yes he should.

Mr.NoSmile
06-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Amash hopefully goes on the attack. I mean, Cantor thought he was safe with a sizable lead, but then look what happened.

Cleaner44
06-25-2014, 06:27 PM
What would be great is if we could get a record of donations from military members to Amash compared to Ellis, much like we did for Ron Paul.

Brett85
06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
So where are all of Justin's ads at?

Right Wing
06-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Is this Marine still on active duty or even in the reserves? If so, he should be treated the same way the soldier supporting Ron Paul openly on CNN was treated. Also, the way the soldier who went on stage with Ron was treated. I don't expect this though. I am sure they will not be consistent. It is not right the soldiers supporting Ron were punished and this guy can actually be an ad against Justin Amash and it is supposed to be acceptable. Not that neocons would ever have a double standard (sarcasm).

Right Wing
06-26-2014, 12:31 AM

There's no need to echo Henry Kissinger. Many men and women in the military are Ron Paul supporters and constitutionalists.

Right Wing
06-26-2014, 12:35 AM

A buddy of mine said he just spoke with a guy who had served in Iraq within the last few years. When my buddy questioned the guy on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the guy replied the terrorists in Iraq are the weapons of mass destruction and this is what Bush and Cheney were referring to. This must be the new spin and governmental brainwashing being used on the troops.

Shane Harris
06-26-2014, 08:24 AM
There's no need to echo Henry Kissinger. Many men and women in the military are Ron Paul supporters and constitutionalists.

Anyone who signed up in the last twenty years knew what kind of military they were joining. You're right, but most of the ones I've ever met were either too stupid to care (just wanted an easy route to having college paid for, discounts on everything, instant hero status, universal respect and idolatry from the mob, etc.) or truly believed in this ludicrous foreign policy and fighting turrists to protect our freedoms.

tsai3904
06-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Is this Marine still on active duty or even in the reserves?

Doesn't look like it:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506850530&sk=about

libertariantexas
07-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Anyone who signed up in the last twenty years knew what kind of military they were joining. You're right, but most of the ones I've ever met were either too stupid to care (just wanted an easy route to having college paid for, discounts on everything, instant hero status, universal respect and idolatry from the mob, etc.)

People in the military are pretty representative of the USA in general. Though they are more intelligent and better educated than the average American (shocked? I can explain why, if you'd like).

Just because one soldier or Marine disagrees with you politically does not make them all stupid or uneducated.

Yes, the military get fantastic benefits IF they stay in long enough to retire. Those who are citizen soldiers, not careerists, don't have fantastic benefits.

Regarding the "easy" route to a college education. The military has hundreds of job specialties. Some are easy and not especially dangerous (an officer in a professional field like engineering). Some are very difficult and very dangerous (an enlisted infantryman)- not the easiest way to get college money by any means.