PDA

View Full Version : Delaware subpoenaed reddit in order to reveal details of public sex act

aGameOfThrones
06-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Mike Mahaffie
The Delaware Attorney General’s office acknowledged Tuesday that in late March it subpoenaed reddit, seeking “all records and information including registered name, e-mail, and IP address" concerning user “un1cornbl00d” for a certain two day period at the end of that month. State authorities wanted this information in an attempt to locate a man and woman who appeared (NSFW) to have sex in public in the town of Newark, Delaware on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, 2014.

Un1cornbl00d commented on a photo of the couple that was posted to reddit—noting, jokingly, that the woman looked like his or her sister. The photos and related comments have since been deleted, and reddit complied with the request in early April 2014. (The user later said that he or she does not have a sister.)

“I haven't heard anything about it since,” un1cornbl00d wrote on Monday. “I won't say where I live but I'm sure when they checked out my IP address and saw that it was more than 1000 miles from Delaware they probably figured I was lieing...” (sic)

Although the original post and subpoena dated back to March, un1cornbl00d outed him or herself as having been the target of such a subpoena.

“The subpoena was issued pursuant to a criminal investigation initiated and led by the Newark Police Department,” wrote Jason Miller, a spokesman for the Delaware Department of Justice, in an e-mail sent to Ars on Tuesday.

Miller noted that sending such a subpoena was "not common," adding that the couple was being investigated for possible lewdness under the Delaware Criminal Code. The Newark Police Department even issued a press release on March 17, noting that it was attempting to identify the couple.

“The incident was captured by several witnesses via cell phone and was quickly posted on various social media websites,” the police wrote in the statement.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/06/delaware-subpoenaed-reddit-in-order-to-reveal-details-of-public-sex-act/

Occam's Banana
06-24-2014, 10:26 PM
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-puritanism-the-haunting-fear-that-someone-somewhere-may-be-happy-h-l-mencken-252524.jpg

Spikender
06-24-2014, 10:43 PM
This is what happens when a state has nothing better to do than exercise petty power over its citizens.

Fuck them.

tangent4ronpaul
06-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Find pics of ppl doing it in public.
Find names of cops via Newark police roster or newspapers.
Post pics on reditt claiming to be <cops names> from Newark and bragging about the deed... Use ToR.

They should get the message pretty quick... When they do, suggest they have better things to do like busting lemonaid stands and kids for chewing a poptart into the shape of a gun. Better yet, post tons of pictures of lemonaid stands, claiming to be operating without a business licence, permit or legal industrial kitchen. Give real but random addresses all over Newark.

:rolleyes:

-t