PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: "Thank God for the Saudi's"

twomp
06-23-2014, 11:08 PM
“Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” John McCain told CNN’s Candy Crowley in January 2014. “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,” the senator said once again a month later, at the Munich Security Conference.

McCain was praising Prince Bandar bin Sultan, then the head of Saudi Arabia’s intelligence services and a former ambassador to the United States, for supporting forces fighting Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria. McCain and Senator Lindsey Graham had previously met with Bandar to encourage the Saudis to arm Syrian rebel forces.

But shortly after McCain’s Munich comments, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah relieved Bandar of his Syrian covert-action portfolio, which was then transferred to Saudi Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef. By mid-April, just two weeks after President Obama met with King Abdullah on March 28, Bandar had also been removed from his position as head of Saudi intelligence—according to official government statements, at “his own request.” Sources close to the royal court told me that, in fact, the king fired Bandar over his handling of the kingdom’s Syria policy and other simmering tensions, after initially refusing to accept Bandar’s offers to resign. (Bandar retains his title as secretary-general of the king’s National Security Council.)

The Free Syrian Army (FSA), the “moderate” armed opposition in the country, receives a lot of attention. But two of the most successful factions fighting Assad’s forces are Islamist extremist groups: Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the latter of which is now amassing territory in Iraq and threatening to further destabilize the entire region. And that success is in part due to the support they have received from two Persian Gulf countries: Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Qatar’s military and economic largesse has made its way to Jabhat al-Nusra, to the point that a senior Qatari official told me he can identify al-Nusra commanders by the blocks they control in various Syrian cities. But ISIS is another matter. As one senior Qatari official stated, “ISIS has been a Saudi project.”

ISIS, in fact, may have been a major part of Bandar’s covert-ops strategy in Syria. The Saudi government, for its part, has denied allegations, including claims made by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, that it has directly supported ISIS. But there are also signs that the kingdom recently shifted its assistance—whether direct or indirect—away from extremist factions in Syria and toward more moderate opposition groups.

Read the rest here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/06/isis-saudi-arabia-iraq-syria-bandar/373181/

CPUd
06-23-2014, 11:11 PM
LOL is he talking about Bandar Bush?

acptulsa
06-23-2014, 11:53 PM
I suppose he's thanking God for the king's and prince's kinsman Osama as well?

James Madison
06-23-2014, 11:55 PM
I suppose he's thanking God for the king's and prince's kinsman Osama as well?

Let's not forget 15 of the 19 hijackers.

oyarde
06-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Well , I lived there for a short time once .... made sure that I got no mail , because that was not safe ... guess John is assuming that there is a God in Saud and it is surely not the same as anything I might call it .....

Constitutional Paulicy
06-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Have another serving John. After all, it's your favorite dish...

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/eatcrow.jpg

pcosmar
06-24-2014, 08:34 AM
He has a very different god. :(

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

eduardo89
06-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Thank God for people who behead Christians?

JK/SEA
06-24-2014, 08:54 AM
how much oxygen does the brain need to remain lucid?...john-boy needs to turn up his oxygen levels. Anyone have an air compressor we can jam in his nose?

alucard13mm
06-24-2014, 09:49 AM
I blame arizona... ice tea.

timosman
10-01-2015, 09:44 PM
bump

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2015, 10:10 PM
He has to follow AIPAC line as loyal pup.

On different note, is this real or artist work?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8rnZjICEAABoB0.jpg

vita3
10-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Put him back in a cage. Enuff, Dang'

Ronin Truth
10-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Your check is in the mail, John. :p

DevilsAdvocate
10-02-2015, 07:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM_n6XNmGBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEJ2qECbxo

Ronin Truth
10-03-2015, 07:23 AM
How many of the Muslim refugees are the Saudis taking in and supporting?

luctor-et-emergo
10-03-2015, 07:29 AM
How many of the Muslim refugees are the Saudis taking in and supporting?

They generously agreed to build 200 mosques for the refugees... In Germany.