PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire’s Van Jones Is ‘Loving’ This Rand Paul Guy Right Now

jct74
06-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Crossfire’s Van Jones Is ‘Loving’ This Rand Paul Guy Right Now

by Matt Wilstein | 7:24 pm, June 23rd, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cgxOrMHXI

Van Jones opened a “very special episode” of CNN’s Crossfire Monday by singing the praises of none other than Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who has emerged as one of the few Republican voices in opposition to U.S. military intervention in Iraq. In an unusual move, the show decided to eschew guests and instead offer up a 30-minute free-for-all with all four hosts, two on the left and two on the right. Either that, or they had some trouble in the booking department.

“This guy is talking common sense, thank goodness, especially about Iraq,” Jones said, before showing a clip of Paul saying he would not be willing to send his son to fight in that country. “Well, hallelujah! Rand Paul says he wouldn’t send his kids to die in Iraq. I’ve got two boys, neither would I.”

On top of that, Jones agreed with Paul that the whole mess in Iraq is Dick Cheney’s fault. And even better, Paul recently said “he wants to build a stronger American democracy right here by, among other things, restoring voting rights for some former prisoners.”

“I love this!” Jones exclaimed. “You stop trying to fix every other country and get more Americans a real stake in this country. I am loving this guy.”

read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/crossfires-van-jones-is-loving-this-rand-paul-guy-right-now/

juleswin
06-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Gotta love how all the liberal swooning over Rand Paul are conveniently omitting the part where he accuses Obama of supporting the allies of ISIS in Syria, the support which has enabled the terrorist group to maintain a safe haven in Syria. So yea, thanks for nothing Obama cos you share just as much of the blame for this crisis as Bush and Cheney.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Coordinated attempt to send Republicans in the direction of Dick Cheney and the warmongers, no doubt about it

mosquitobite
06-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Coordinated attempt to send Republicans in the direction of Dick Cheney and the warmongers, no doubt about it

Agreed. Those of us who have unplugged the Matrix can see this nonsense for what it is.

But we can also counter that crap, easily, imo.

They forced McCain & Romney down our throats because they were "mavericks" and "moderates" because they would APPEAL to Democrats. :rolleyes:
Yet here is a right wing Republican that also appeals to them.

Basically, they could get another Reagan (yes I know all his faults, I'm acting as if I'm talking to those still in the Matrix) landslide if they WAKE UP!

jtstellar
06-23-2014, 09:44 PM
treat good things as they come in a positive way and you may get more of it, seeing everything in fear and you also get more of it

KurtBoyer25L
06-23-2014, 10:05 PM

This shit makes me sad. Americans might be ignorant about a lot of things but they can understand when people are discussing policy instead of politics. Like conservatives are really hearing the Van Jones clip & going "well I guess Rand Paul is planning to raise taxes and expand Obamacare, if Van Jones agrees with him about Iraq." Do you also think Reagan Democrats were a secret liberal conspiracy to get Mondale elected in 1984? Come on.

twomp
06-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Rand Paul defended Obama and put this whole Iraq mess on the people who got us into it. A republican defending Obama is like television gold for Van Jones. But at the same time, while some of you guys are finding ways to spin this, this kind of television has gotten some Team blues around my office saying things like, they don't agree much with Rand Paul but he is probably the only Republican they could see them self ever supporting. Would they vote for Rand over Hillary? I don't know but it was still a good thing to hear.

Once they are more open to hearing what he has to say, maybe some of it will sink in.

KurtBoyer25L
06-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Rand Paul defended Obama and put this whole Iraq mess on the people who got us into it. A republican defending Obama is like television gold for Van Jones. But at the same time, while some of you guys are finding ways to spin this, this kind of television has gotten some Team blues around my office saying things like, they don't agree much with Rand Paul but he is probably the only Republican they could see them self ever supporting. Would they vote for Rand over Hillary? I don't know but it was still a good thing to hear.

Once they are more open to hearing what he has to say, maybe some of it will sink in.

Your coworkers are just coordinating in an attempt to make conservative interns vote Democrat.

alucard13mm
06-23-2014, 10:33 PM

There are a lot of people going "For once.. I agree with Rand." But then they add in a "but...". But hey, its progress that they even consider a Paul's foreign policy as the good one.

Bastiat's The Law
06-24-2014, 12:40 AM
There are a lot of people going "For once.. I agree with Rand." But then they add in a "but...". But hey, its progress that they even consider a Paul's foreign policy as the good one.

I've heard several people say in the last week that they would either vote for Rand or give him very serious consideration when he runs. These are the same people that usually spew venom at the Pauls, but are slowly changing their tune as the months go by.