PDA

View Full Version : T.W. Shannon is inspired by Jeb Bush

Brian4Liberty
06-23-2014, 02:21 PM
"What you believe and how you’re going to govern." Absolutely. That is why Randy Brogdon is the best candidate in this Oklahoma U.S. Senate race.

“People focus too much on race,” says T.W. Shannon, a sixth-generation Oklahoman and member of the Chickasaw Nation. What’s more important, he says, is “what you believe and how you’re going to govern.”
He calls J.C. Watts, Oklahoma’s former African American GOP congressman, who first hired him, a mentor. When asked about other political figures who inspire him, Shannon names Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor. That would not have been the first response of most attendees at CPAC, where libertarian Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) won a straw poll as the preferred next presidential candidate.
More:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/18/new-face-of-gop-t-w-shannon-first-black-speaker-of-ok-statehouse-moving-fast/

acptulsa
06-23-2014, 02:29 PM
He had Cruz to a TV spot for him, too. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.

devil21
06-23-2014, 03:45 PM
This probably deserves its own thread but it's no surprise he loves the Bushes since he's completely owned by AIPAC.

Shannon shows his true colors as an AIPAC lackey more each day. A few months ago all I could find was a page about him going on a AIPAC sponsored Israel pilgrimage. Now, he's over the top about it. Check out this HUGE section on his website devoted to how much he loves Israel and how he's going to make sure they get everything they want.

http://twshannon.com/accordion-item/israel-middle-east-policy/

Unfortunately, the relationship between Israel and the United States has been weakened in recent years by a U.S. President who at times has ignored the best interests of Israel and her people.
We as a nation must also be committed to investing financially in the peace and security of our friend and ally—not just for the sake of Israel, but also because it enhances our own security. I strongly support our commitment to Israel’s security through direct aid, and I recognize the importance of the Memorandum of Understanding that provides $3.1 billion annually for Israeli security needs.
There is no question that Israel and the United States both desire peace and stability for the region. While I applaud Israel’s decades-long desire to engage in peace talks with the Palestinians and a willingness to create a peaceful Palestinian state as part of a two-state solution, the U.S. should not pressure its democratic ally.
Iran must not be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons capability. Period. A regime that praises martyrdom and endorses wiping Israel off the map would pose a real risk to the very existence of Israel. It is crucial to note that the threat of a nuclear-capable Iran is not just an issue for Israel, however.
In closing, I want to you to know that I will be a leading advocate for an ever-stronger military, strategic, and economic alliance with Israel, and I will fiercely oppose the dangerous efforts to delegitimize the Jewish state, particularly the push for boycott, divestment, and sanctions.

Vanguard101
06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Holy sht

acptulsa
06-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Lankford's just the same.

Wish we could get Brogdon in. We couldn't even get him in the debate. That was sponsored by KOTV, the local CBS affiliate, famous for such things as a lying slam on Nathan Dahm in his House race and on reporting that a woman not far from here went nuts over a national news story when the one incident had nothing to do with the other.

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2014, 10:39 AM
T.W. Shannon has been groomed to be the perfect teo-conservative (Tea Party on most issues, neoconservative on foreign policy) candidate. If he wins, we'll see how he actually votes. Being inspired by Jeb Bush is not a good sign though.