PDA

View Full Version : Stop posting how you want different artwork

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
1. The artwork is in production and it wouldn't be logical to delay the blimp, miss the teaparty, and cost more.
2. and more importantly: This is for legal reasons. im pretty sure that they cannot specifically endorse a candidate, which is why they cannot mention "president" or the official website or any of that.
it cannot and will not change, for if it did we would lose time and the whole project due to then not being able to collect unlimited donations or donations at all like we do now.

do people honestly believe they would choose to not include that if they could?

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
You can spend a day and rip out the "Who is?" B.S. It is really embarrassing. About 80% are asking for this at least.

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Yes.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
1. The artwork is in production and it wouldn't be logical to delay the blimp, miss the teaparty, and cost more.

yep

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
2. and more importantly: This is for legal reasons. im pretty sure that they cannot specifically endorse a candidate, which is why they cannot mention "president" or the official website or any of that.
it cannot and will not change, for if it did we would lose time and the whole project due to then not being able to collect unlimited donations or donations at all like we do now.

They didn't include "President" because people generally don't like politics and they might get turned off by it. :confused:

BTW, I'm not making this up

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
They didn't include "President" because people generally don't like politics and they might get turned off by it. :confused:

BTW, I'm not making this up

thats actually a good reason too. if people wonder who he is, they'll be likely to look him up, and most people who look at him support him.
but if we say "president" they might say "oh. another dirty politician stealing our money for a blimp. whatever"

fletcher
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone that is turned off by seeing the word President isn't going to be any happier when they see it on their monitor. I can't believe that is seriously the excuse.

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Guys do you realize how many APATHETIC voters there are in this country? Seriously?

I agree with them - if you put President on it most will go "ugh - a politician" They won't go any farther. They won't go to google, they won't ask anyone, etc. They will just roll their eyes and go about their day.

I'm SO tired of seeing these threads. Honestly. Everyone knows better than someone else. If you don't like it, don't donate. Hell I didn't pledge but I may have to donate now because of all the pessimistic know-it-all threads!

If you want to do it better, do it. Otherwise stop all the negativity!

colecrowe
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
<<<Anyone that is turned off by seeing the word President isn't going to be any happier when they see it on their monitor. I can't believe that is seriously the excuse.>>>

Agreed: horrible excuse.

BTW, just saying--why do people keep conjecturing about how "the reason it can't say 'President' is because it would endorse him and that wouldn't be legal (or something) and so it has to be the way it is for this loophole"

What loophole? We don't even know anything about it because we haven't been told by those who know. Instead, how about somebody involved in the company just tell us the WHYS of this and the whys of it being 'for profit'

AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY GET 200,000 DOLLARS, for instance?--that seems an incredibly reasonable and important question. Just answer it. I know it says nothing is refundable, I know. But I want to know what happens to the money if they don't get enough. If I get a definite answer, like "we'll spend it on billboards and ads" then I will donate my 200 now. Or they could say, "it is basically in escrow and it all gets refunded"--though I think that would be a logistical nightmare (though Google checkout is still doing 0% fees until New Years, right?)

There are only these few questions that seem really important. I don't want to hear conjecture--that's just silly. Somebody who knows, please answer.

And please (someone who actually knows) explain WHY the art can't be changed. Elaborate. It will only take 5 mins of your time to answer all these questions--I work over 2 days to make 200 dollars however so I don't think I am being rude or anything. I feel very in the dark, is all.

I AM very grateful to everyone involved in the Blimp thing, believe me. So I'm not being "like that"

1. Why is it 'for profit'
2. What happens to the money if we don't get near enough? (I think we will get enough, but just in case)
3. Is there anything to this "can't say 'President' on it because of a loophole" stuff
4. What EXACTLY is the situation with the art, please elaborate. IF YOU SAY "It absolutely can't be changed (and this is why)" then we'll all shut up about it. Otherwise, why should we? The point of us talking is to come up with good ideas, right? And we do right? That's why I don't understand why it was never asked or discussed.

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree with them - if you put President on it most will go "ugh - a politician" They won't go any farther. They won't go to google, they won't ask anyone, etc. They will just roll their eyes and go about their day.

Ok, so then what happens if they google "Ron Paul". There might be a chance that they see he's a politician then.

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Ok, so then what happens if they google "Ron Paul". There might be a chance that they see he's a politician then.

Yep but at least they're one step farther than they otherwise would have been!

leipo
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Yep but at least they're one step farther than they otherwise would have been!

Ok, i see your point.

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 04:03 PM
The OP is correct IMO. There's no point in fussing about the artwork at this late stage. Let's just get it off the ground and fix it at the end of the month.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:07 PM
My opinion, you are not going to get a lot of people who don't like politics to vote in a primary, even if they "google ron paul" and agree with him. And that should be the main focus, getting people to vote for him in the primary. I think the main thing this blimp can do is show people, that are going to vote in the primary or already thinking about it, that Ron Paul is a viable candidate not a fringe candidate and that they won't be throwing their vote away if they vote for him.

colecrowe
12-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Exactly. The "president word turns people off" doesn't hold water for precisely this reason. They will be just as turned off when they start seeing a bunch of super-political websites and videos.

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Exactly. The "president word turns people off" doesn't hold water for precisely this reason. They will be just as turned off when they start seeing a bunch of super-political websites and videos.

But at least we got them to look!!!

Do you not realize that most won't even go that far if they think it's related to POLITICS?

Even people who dislike politics will go look... so we have them one step closer to finding something out. What if they happen to like hookers for example? :D

asmartchimp
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
My opinion, you are not going to get a lot of people who don't like politics to vote in a primary, even if they "google ron paul" and agree with him. And that should be the main focus, getting people to vote for him in the primary. I think the main thing this blimp can do is show people, that are going to vote in the primary or already thinking about it, that Ron Paul is a viable candidate not a fringe candidate and that they won't be throwing their vote away if they vote for him.

QFT

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
QFT? quoted for truth?