PDA

View Full Version : Paul, Carson Are Now Hillary's Closest GOP Challengers

Keith and stuff
06-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Rand Paul and Ben Carson do best against Hillary Clinton. Guess who does worst against her? Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Chris Christie.

Monday, June 23, 2014
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/paul_carson_are_now_hillary_s_closest_gop_challeng ers

Hillary Clinton earns 45% to 50% of the vote against six leading Republicans in potential 2016 presidential matchups, running best against Texans Rick Perry and Ted Cruz and poorest against Rand Paul and Dr. Ben Carson. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, once the GOP front-runner, now makes the weakest showing.

New Rasmussen Reports national telephone surveying of Likely U.S. Voters finds that Clinton leads Cruz, a U.S. senator and Tea Party stalwart, 50% to 37%. She holds a similar 50% to 36% lead over Perry, the Lone Star State governor who is expected to make a second run for the GOP nomination in 2016. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Paul, a Kentucky senator and another Tea Party favorite, and newcomer Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who’s a growing critic of the Obama administration, run just seven points behind Clinton. She bests Paul by a 46% to 39% margin and Carson 45% to 38%. Christie, on the other hand, now trails Clinton by 14 - 47% to 33%.

Among Likely Republican Voters, Paul is the top vote-getter against Clinton with 79% support, followed by Cruz at 75% and Carson with 74%. Seventy-one percent (71%) of GOP voters favor Perry in a matchup with Clinton, while Rubio earns 68% support and Christie 66% among their fellow Republicans.

Among Likely Democratic Voters, Clinton earns 82% to 90% support against the six Republicans, running strongest against Cruz and Christie.

Voters not affiliated with either major political party are closely divided in all six matchups, with Clinton leading by two to six points against Rubio, Christie, Cruz and Perry. Paul and Carson both have a four-point edge over Clinton among these voters.

randomname
06-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Wheres Jeb Bush?

William Tell
06-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Wheres Jeb Bush?

Rasmussen probably blackmailed him, said: "Give us 50 grand or we'll release the poll results that show you pulling 24% in the General Election"

:)

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Paul/Carson has a nice ring to it. Two doctors on the ticket!

Brett85
06-23-2014, 11:29 AM
So that shows that he's actually the most popular among Republicans nationwide overall. That just shows how completely out of touch the neocons are who are criticizing Rand's foreign policy, as well as all the Free Republic/Hot Air types who constantly criticize him. Those people don't represent hardly anyone in the GOP.

CaptUSA
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Paul/Carson has a nice ring to it. Two doctors on the ticket!An eye surgeon to make Washington see things more clearly and a brain surgeon make Washington think more clearly? Just what the doctors ordered, right?

William Tell
06-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Carson does not understand or support the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment in particular. path-to-freedom-ron-paul-on-the-future

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Carson does not understand or support the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment in particular. path-to-freedom-ron-paul-on-the-future

That's virtually the only area where he needs some educating. A lot of us here weren't born with a perfect understanding of things, we learned along the way. Thankfully Dr. Paul hastened us down that path.

Speaking strategically now, Carson on the ticket would excite evangelicals/social conservatives to such an extent that they turn up in droves during the general election. Carson would shore up a huge part of the conservative base. Rand will need there people to beat Hillary.

William Tell
06-23-2014, 02:21 PM
That's virtually the only area where he needs some educating.
I think it's too early to make such statements, I have not seen his positions on various issues. I imagine if he runs we will see he is weak on some things in the debates. I don't trust guys who come out of nowhere and our shoved down our throats by Foxnews.

PatriotOne
06-23-2014, 02:24 PM
An eye surgeon to make Washington see things more clearly and a brain surgeon make Washington think more clearly? Just what the doctors ordered, right?

There's an awesome campaign ad in there somewhere.

invisible
06-23-2014, 03:06 PM

I'd rather have the Paul/Paul ticket: Rand Paul and Paul LePage. LePage would be a great ticket balancer:
executive experience
conservative record (and a very good one, at that)
proven integrity, not in anyone's pocket
outspoken on the issues, has a very blunt and "cut through the bullshit" style
would draw the support of "moderate" Republicans in the northeast

If LePage doesn't win re-election, I'd love to see him run for Congress or the Senate. He'd be a very good and close ally of liberty, at worst.

CPUd
06-23-2014, 03:29 PM
I'd rather have the Paul/Paul ticket: Rand Paul and Paul LePage. LePage would be a great ticket balancer:
executive experience
conservative record (and a very good one, at that)
proven integrity, not in anyone's pocket
outspoken on the issues, has a very blunt and "cut through the bullshit" style
would draw the support of "moderate" Republicans in the northeast

If LePage doesn't win re-election, I'd love to see him run for Congress or the Senate. He'd be a very good and close ally of liberty, at worst.

Is LePage eligible for POTUS?

anaconda
06-23-2014, 03:48 PM

This could gain some serious traction.

Vanguard101
06-23-2014, 11:18 PM
I think Paul/Carson would be a great ticket especially for minorities. Minorities love Carson because of his impact as a doctor. God forbid Rand gets shot or something happens (not conspiratorial but I sometimes wonder), I think Carson is religious enough to resign if he fears being killed instead of flipping.

klamath
06-24-2014, 07:43 AM
I could do with a Paul/Carson ticket. It could definitely build the black out reach.

specsaregood
06-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I think it's too early to make such statements, I have not seen his positions on various issues. I imagine if he runs we will see he is weak on some things in the debates. I don't trust guys who come out of nowhere and our shoved down our throats by Foxnews.

Not to mention that there has been money from somewhere pushing him in strawpolls at gop gatherings. It smells fishy to me.

William Tell
06-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Not to mention that there has been money from somewhere pushing him in strawpolls at gop gatherings. It smells fishy to me.

Yeah, I wasn't very happy about them besting Rand at the Texas convention. This is MY State, and Ron's :mad:
They were asking us to vote for him just so he runs and makes it 'interesting' I don't want anyone to run besides Rand.

Working Poor
06-24-2014, 08:09 AM
An eye surgeon to make Washington see things more clearly and a brain surgeon make Washington think more clearly? Just what the doctors ordered, right?

I think they would make a great team for sure. This country needs some eye and brain surgery and for me to recommend surgery is very drastic.

alucard13mm
06-24-2014, 09:57 AM
We dont need any more lawyers or harvard presidents any time soon.

Bastiat's The Law
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Evangelicals.

Rudeman
06-24-2014, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't mind Carson, pretty sure he mentioned liking Rand back when he first became popular.

thoughtomator
06-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't mind Carson, pretty sure he mentioned liking Rand back when he first became popular.

Carson is an unrepentant statist.

thoughtomator
06-24-2014, 03:59 PM
We dont need any more lawyers or harvard presidents any time soon.

I'm at the point where any association with an "elite" university or any bank is a deal-breaker for me.