PDA

View Full Version : If Elijah doesn't change the graphics back, he is going to loose half the pledges

Hook
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Better think about that before getting committed to the blimp graphics.

Green Mountain Boy
12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it is a big mistake not to include the words "for President" on the blimp.

Abobo
12-01-2007, 03:25 PM
They tell you why the picked what they did here,
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Message.php

Hook
12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I understand their reason. I'm telling you how it's going to fail if they keep it up.

Green Mountain Boy
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Who is Ron Paul?

We chose the Who is Ron Paul message because the reality is that most
people do not know who Ron Paul is.

Google Ron Paul

Google is a verb in the dictionary. People know what this phrase means. It is commonly
used in the main stream media. We chose the Google Ron Paul message because
it is a call to action that people can do immediately; they cannot vote for a long time, and may
forget about him by then. When they Google him, they will get a lot more
info.

They say most people don't know who Ron Paul is. These are the people who are not on the internet (older folks, etc.)

So then you say "Google Ron Paul" to the people who do not use the internet?

Elijah
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Do you want to turn off all the people who hate politics?

If you do want to turn off all the people who hate politics then put the word president on there.

If you want to attract all the people who hate politics then don't mention anything about politics.

We see this as being HIGHLY EFFECTIVE in attracting new supporters.

The whole key is for this to be as EFFECTIVE as possible.

Abobo
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
They list an email on the site -- if you truly think they are making a mistake contact them. I'm getting tired of all these threads complaining about this so much. I don't see what you think this thread is going to accomplish.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I think it is a big mistake not to include the words "for President" on the blimp.

There might be a reason for that, election laws, but not sure.

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM

If you do want to turn off all the people who hate politics then put the word president on there.

So you're the marketing genius behind this.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 03:35 PM
So you're the marketing genius behind this.

:rolleyes:

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Ok, i'm a bit frustrated and should take that back. But am i the only one who thinks these reasons are flawed?

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Hating on the people who are actually doing something... yeh, that makes sense. You don't like the way its done, don't donate. Got suggestions or a problem? Email them at the contact info..

These threads are for flaming only.. I don't care for your excuses. People need to stop this kind of crap.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:38 PM

If you want to attract all the people who hate politics then don't mention anything about politics.

The whole point is to turn people onto politics and wake them up. It would be nice to be able to give children a toy blimp and show them that politics can be fun, and good guys win sometimes.

If you take that away, what do you have? That is what the revolution in love is. politics. (note the reversal this time).

We really need something about the election on there. I don't want people or our kids scared of mentioning it
anymore, like its beyond them. I want it in their grasp, like its part of them.

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
You can now contact management via email at www.ronpaulblimp.com.

I finally got a response to an email I sent this morning saying why they should keep the original wording and NOT use "Who is Ron Paul".

They said:
Please see http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Message...

This is what I sent to them again in reply:

This is bait and switch.

If you want the pledges to become payments, you need to stick with what was promised.

As Ron Paul would do.

If anyone doesn't know who RP is , they will ask.

If anyone does know, they will wonder why we still treat him as a nobody.

Sincerely
Stephanie Relfe

PLEASE EMAIL THEM WHAT YOU THINK OF THE NEW WORDING ON THE BLIMP.

leipo
These threads are for flaming only.

Maybe in your world. But one of the purposes of this forum is dicussion, feedback & constructive criticism.

libertyanne
Better think about that before getting committed to the blimp graphics.

People do not like bait and switch.

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
No. How do we KNOW these "experts" are all 100% commited to RP and not a spy?

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
No. How do we KNOW these "experts" are all 100% commited to RP and not a spy?

Well, that seems a bit far-fetched.

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I am clicking the "report" triangle on LibertyAnne's posts when she repeats this beef and urges people to complain to the blimp site. That is spam.

The dispute with the blimp organizers is for her to resolve with them, not for everyone else to take sides on.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Get the blimp to Boston by December 15th!! www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Ron Paul Blimp - Help Wanted

Optimism is fun... Try it!

Come on Elijah, your quote is my favorite on here. Let's be optimistic that people can be turned on by politics. We aren't running Rudy here, we have the real thing. We can mention Ron Paul as President.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I am clicking the "report" triangle on LibertyAnne's posts when she repeats this beef and urges people to complain to the blimp site. That is spam.

The dispute with the blimp organizers is for her to resolve with them, not for everyone else to take sides on.

I sent one and said user seems to be getting paid per anti-blimp message...

Hook
12-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Maybe a compromise with the "Who is Ron Paul?" on one side and "Paul for President" on the other?

Bryan
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe everyone could go in the chat room to iron a few things out and them come back and report?

:)

philgest
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
For the most part, I like the look and I agree with the reasoning that the purpose is to make the blimp as effective as possible-in terms of attracting attention and new supporters-folks who are turned off to politics and the traditional advertisements of a campaign.

I like the idea of two different looks, with one side having the RON PAUL REVOLUTION logo and the other side having something different. After all, Dr. Paul said himself in the CNN/You Tube Debate that there is a revolution:)

However, rather than have the text "Who is Ron Paul?" and under it "Google Ron Paul", I think it would be much better to simply have the text "RON PAUL" and under it "Freedom, Peace & Prosperity". People who do not know about Dr. Paul will most likely do a web search on the good doctor (if they are users of the internet) and if they are not internet users, they will ask other people and find out about Ron Paul via word of mouth and news reports about the blimp.

No need to say anything about the election.

Austin
12-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Well, if they hate politics and Google Ron Paul, the first thing they are going to see that he is running for president. That essentially defeats the entire purpose?

Edit: I'm still not entirely opposed to what is currently being placed on there, but I want a more logical reason.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 03:51 PM
The artwork is in production. If you really all hate the artwork so much then you can hate me. I will take the blame for it all.

If the art work is truly INEFFECTIVE then we can change the artwork but it will not be in time for the Tea Party.

I urge you to just for a moment put yourself in a new persons shoes who hates politics and has apathy and really try to see how this can be extremely effective in awakening the anit-politcal demographic.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
"Who is?" must go. The remaining plain old "Ron Paul" is fine for a quick fix.

In the images on the web, the "Who is?" appears photoshopped on top of the "Ron Paul" from a "Hope for America" image. So there's no excuse for not spending an extra day removing this from the in production or already produced stuff.

grizzums
12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
The artwork is in production. If you really all hate the artwork so much then you can hate me. I will take the blame for it all.

If the art work is truly INEFFECTIVE then we can change the artwork but it will not be in time for the Tea Party.

I urge you to just for a moment put yourself in a new persons shoes who hates politics and has apathy and really try to see how this can be extremely effective in awakening the anit-politcal demographic.

The artwork is in production? :confused: ...and nobody even knows for certain that there is going to be enough funds donated to cover the cost of the blimp? Who is footing the bill for this artwork to already be "in production"?

I am not taking any sides here....just seems odd.

AtomiC
12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
People will see "Who is Ron Paul? And they will think to themselves yeah that's a pretty good question.

There needs to FAR better artwork on the blimp as that is a waste of good $$$.

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Elijah, I'm not a troll. Been here since June.

I think this decision was rushed, and it's causing problems. Something as key as how the blimp looks really needed a few days of vetting.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I think only the words RON PAUL should be on the blimp, as big as possible, that way you can see it from as far away as possible. If people are curious they will google it. If they don't google it, they weren't going to anyways, putting the word "google" or "who is" on the blimp won't change that.

This thing is going to be pretty high up in the sky and you want as many people to see it as possible.

Extra words are just a waste

KEEP IT SIMPLE!... These guys know what they are doing:

http://www.failuremag.com/images/goodyear_blimp.gif

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2154355.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED23BC5E08922237F4 5A5397277B4DC33E

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1544324.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F10642C4CE962E051F0E 5A5397277B4DC33E

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:57 PM

I don't know that Who is was ever a way of wakening any one up originally - I think originally its from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged - Who is John Galt (but was its purpose to wake anyone up?)

If its too late to change it, its too late I suppose. It will however be less ineffective, because we are relying on the media to mention it in connection with the campaign. People might also ask "who/what is revolution" on the other side - they aren't going to know.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Maybe in your world. But one of the purposes of this forum is dicussion, feedback & constructive criticism.

Yeh, that's why the thread title is laced with extortion. Do what we say are you will fail. Sound like you want to really discuss, feedback, and criticism.
A flame is obvious. A provocation to piss someone off.
First the trolls went after Trevor hoping he would say "F"-it, and stop his projects because of ungrateful people who sit on their ass all day and criticize the work of others.
Now this. Its a pattern, not just one lil' thread about a few minor problems. Sell that crap to someone else.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I think only the words RON PAUL should be on the blimp, as big as possible, that way you can see it from as far away as possible. If people are curious they will google it. If they don't google it, they weren't going to anyways, putting the word "google" or "who is" on the blimp won't change that.

This thing is going to be pretty high up in the sky and you want as many people to see it as possible.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2154355.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED23BC5E08922237F4 5A5397277B4DC33E

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1544324.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F10642C4CE962E051F0E 5A5397277B4DC33E

Don't know. For Ron Paul, the screen size, it looks covered. The whois and google don't really take up extra space, and Ron Paul is big.

Looks great. Lets go with it. I already donated a small sum, will donated the rest when I get the email.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/bostonAir1.jpg

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't know that Who is was ever a way of wakening any one up originally - I think originally its from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged - Who is John Galt (but was its purpose to wake anyone up?)

No, ironically it was an inside secret!

If its too late to change it, its too late I suppose.

I don't think so. It looks like it was penciled in on top of "Ron Paul" from another graphic. So someone should be able to climb up there and paint over it in one day--at worst.

chipvogel
Most people I know aren't even following the race.
If it doesn't say "For President" somewhere people may not have any idea what it is about.

They might think Ron Paul is a new movie or pop star....yeah I know he is kinda of a pop star.

michaelwise

The whole key is for this to be as EFFECTIVE as possible.I love Ron Paul Revolution on one side. RonPaul2008.com Is a most necessary web address to include on each side. How can you justify not including that? I can live with the rest of your decisions.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeh, that's why the thread title is laced with extortion. Do what we say are you will fail. Sound like you want to really discuss, feedback, and criticism.

Seriously

seapilot
12-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I may have liked the red stripped artwork better, but I admire these guys that are doing a lot to make this happen. They have sacrificed a lot more time into this than I have thats for sure.

Will this new blimp design hurt Ron Paul? I doubt it.

Will it help people see his name or want to learn more about Ron Paul? Probably.

RonPaul2008.com on the bottom instead of Google Ron Paul is a good suggestion as it will save people a step from Googling Ron Paul.

KewlRonduderules
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM

Elijah,

I can see your strategy from a marketing point of view about not mentioning Ron Paul for president and from a historical point of view you are spot on!!! If anyone has ever studied with prominent historians- persons like Robert Dallek, they conclude that MOST Americans HATE politics and they do not like politics interfering in their everyday lives. They just want to enjoy their "American dream". Politics has a long history of being 'sour grapes'. So persons who are not in the know of daily politics, this will definitely be effective.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I love Ron Paul Revolution on one side. RonPaul2008.com Is a most necessary web address to include on each side. How can you justify not including that? I can live with the rest of your decisions.

When you Google Ron Paul this is usually the first result.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 04:19 PM
These guys know what they are doing:

Don't you think those guys would look silly if they photoshopped big question marks to the right of their logos with "What is" in front?

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Elijah,

I can see your strategy from a marketing point of view about not mentioning Ron Paul for president and from a historical point of view you are spot on!!! If anyone has ever studied with prominent historians- persons like Robert Dallek, they conclude that MOST Americans HATE politics and they do not like politics interfering in their everyday lives. They just want to enjoy their "American dream". Politics has a long history of being 'sour grapes'. So persons who are not in the know of daily politics, this will definitely be effective.

*thumbs up*

Those of you complaining, are you actually out there trying to convert people? Have you tried to talk politics to the everyday American? Because I bet if you have, you completely understand the marketing nature of why politics should NOT be mentioned! Quite simply, most people cannot stand politics! We know Dr Paul is the cure but we can't get them to the good Dr if they refuse right off the bat!

Hook
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I am not trying to extort anyone. I am just observing the general consensus on the board. My pledge was small enough that I don't really care, but some people have pledged a bunch of money, so just make sure you don't anger them.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Goodyear and Fuji have been branded forever. People DO know who Fuji and Goodyear are.

Does everyone know who Ron Paul is? How many strangers that you ask will know who Ron Paul is?

We want people to make a mental note to go and actively find out Who Ron Paul is. Then it will be their idea. They will have a urge to have to find out Who this Ron Paul guy is.

leipo
12-01-2007, 04:24 PM
double post

leipo
12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
How many strangers that you ask will know what Google is?

Right?

jrich4rpaul
12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
"Who is Ron Paul?

We chose the Who is Ron Paul message because the reality is that most
people do not know who Ron Paul is."

If people don't know who he is, shouldn't we tell them he's running for president? Seems like an obvious thing to do...

KewlRonduderules
12-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Goodyear and Fuji have been branded forever. People DO know who Fuji and Goodyear are.

Does everyone know who Ron Paul is? How many strangers that you ask will know who Ron Paul is?

We want people to make a mental note to go and actively find out Who Ron Paul is. Then it will be their idea. They will have a urge to have to find out Who this Ron Paul guy is.

Exactly. The more effort somebody puts into finding out about something, the more likely they are to support it. It's all about investment energy- an effective marketing and psychological tool.

Very smart.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
To NOT put "for president 2008" on it would be a HUGE mistake....people who don't know his name might think he sells cars or something....nobody would google ron paul just because a blimp said so...it is a HUGE mistake....

If I didn't know who he was, I would assume he was selling something and using a blimp to advertise...I would NOT bother to look him up on google.

You also cut out anyone and everyone who doesn't use a computer much or at all....trust me. a LOT of older people do not even have a computer and don't want one.....they don't even know what "google" is.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:33 PM
posted this in another thread, but I think it is more relative here..

My opinion, you are not going to get a lot of people who don't like politics to vote in a primary, even if they "google ron paul" and agree with him. And that should be the main focus, getting people to vote for him in the primary. I think the main thing this blimp can do is show people, that are going to vote in the primary or already thinking about it, that Ron Paul is a viable candidate not a fringe candidate and that they won't be throwing their vote away if they vote for him.

Anyone agree, disagree?

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Elijah,
Even thought this "Who is?" controversy is what motivated me to start posting today, I have been really excited about your project from the beginning and have been talking it up for the past couple of weeks everywhere.

But, after I donated last night and realized that that goofy "Who is?" was in the final design I was instantly embarrassed. It reeks of un-confident, little mousey, wimpyness. All of the bad karma from the John Galt allusion is incidental to its bad vibes--but helps explain why: The Galtians couldn't figure out how to SELL their ideas to the masses, so they passed around secret messages and withdrew from society.

Please erase the amateurish "Who Is?" notations which are obscuring your otherwise big, bold, confident, Ron Paul blimp.

Thanks for all of your work on the project.

KewlRonduderules
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM
To NOT put "for president 2008" on it would be a HUGE mistake....people who don't know his name might think he sells cars or something....nobody would google ron paul just because a blimp said so...it is a HUGE mistake....

If I didn't know who he was, I would assume he was selling something and using a blimp to advertise...I would NOT bother to look him up on google.

Easy on the exaggeration my friend. :) When one sees a blimp - that is not ordinary. They will see what is says and ask exactly that- who is Ron Paul? I am sure they will ask their friends and others about him- or even google him.

It spreads gossip and encourages others to look him up.

Brilliant marketing strategy!!!

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM

And then there's the other half who would go
President ?:rolleyes:

Oh he's just another politician... :rolleyes:

We know he's not - but if people THINK it's "just another politician" we haven't hooked them at all. They'll go about as if the blimp never even existed. That's not a good ROE.

How many of you took upper level marketing classes in college?

PEOPLE HATE POLITICS!!

Dr Paul is the cure - but we have to get them to the doctor first!

Paulitical Correctness
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Dude's busting his ass to make this work and all you can do is spew negativity?

You have to put faith in these decisions and back it no matter what.

You're talking about losing half the pledges, well...would you rather there be a blimp you don't wholeheartedly agree with, or no blimp at all?

Thank about it.

dante
12-01-2007, 04:42 PM
We are at the later stages in the game now. We must act like everyone knows who Ron Paul is even if they don't. "Who is" defeats our momentum. We must act like people who haven't heard of him should pronto because the rest of the world already loves him. The media is going to say see I told you so no one knows about Ron Paul bc his supporters still are flying blimps around "who is rp" and they will continue to ignore.

macdee
12-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I realize some might disagree with the blimp artwork but the team has very good reasons for what they decided upon. I've even posted here on the forum what my thoughts were about concerning the artwork. There are real VALID reasons for the current artwork. I thought about it and agree with their sound reasoning.

I'm willing to put aside my personal concerns and get this project flying! Speaking for myself, I personally think it LOOKS GREAT!

With all the die-hard paulies walking around with "R3VOLUTION" T-Shirts, it supports the message on the blimp project too! CNN and other main stream media refers in their TV programs and articles the "Ron Paul R3VOLUTION." Were building on that already established Ad campaign with the Ron Paul blimp project. You don't want to have to pay for the same ground twice! We've come a long way!

It's an unexpected surprise... but were actually going to doing this thing now! People are beginning to realize that the blimp project is a reality! It's a shock to me that this is going to happen! I'm excited! Were down to the wire for the Tea Party 07, no time left to argue about the artwork. We can't afford to impede the schedule. If a minor adjustment can be made... fine. Remember were in the twelfth hour now.

No time left... It’s time to come together now. Let's get that blimp up in the air!

I had the same issue with "who is Ron Paul." The reasoning is that we are trying to gain NEW SUPPORTERS! Who's going to make the donations after were tapped out? People that never thought about Ron Paul before. Google Ron Paul! I would even suggest using the Google letter colors on the blimp.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
We are at the later stages in the game now. We must act like everyone knows who Ron Paul is even if they don't. "Who is" defeats our momentum. We must act like people who haven't heard of him should pronto because the rest of the world already loves him. The media is going to say see I told you so no one knows about Ron Paul bc his supporters still are flying blimps around "who is rp" and they will continue to ignore.

agreed

michaelwise
12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
When you Google Ron Paul this is usually the first result.
Maybe there's room on the tail section for that. I see on the Fuji Blimp the green color extending into the tail section. People gazing at the blimp for a period of time, will certainly have enough time to read it. And thanks for your hard work either way. Just the fact that it will fly is really big news.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Easy on the exaggeration my friend. When one sees a blimp - that is not ordinary.

LOL, this is true, people don't see a blimp flying by every day....I don't anyway.

My opinion comes based on my own thinking and how I would react..,.I would seriously assume the blimp was selling something and not bother to look it up....I would think Ron Paul was the owner of a car dealership or something.

We must act like everyone knows who Ron Paul is even if they don't. "Who is" defeats our momentum.

I agree with this 100%........."who is Ron Paul" makes him sound like a no name no chance candidate....if the people even realize he is a candidate....reminds me of "where's Waldo".

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
The media is going to say see I told you so no one knows about Ron Paul bc his supporters still are flying blimps around "who is rp" and they will continue to ignore.

Exactly. This error is too important to not fix. The other problems (revolution vs. peace/prosperity, etc.) can wait. But making such a big statement and then saying "who is" is embarrassing.

Hook
12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, I'm donating my humble pledge either way. I just hope that everything works out.

KewlRonduderules
12-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, I'm donating my humble pledge either way. I just hope that everything works out.

I think it is good enough for me. Most chip-ins I've donated too and not nearly as organized. I'll donate.

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Isn't the art work already in production?

...so this entire 7+ page Hate fest is worthless...right?

...Why are you all so angry....it's done...it's happening....get over it....

If you don't want to support the blimp..fine

.....but don't bitch about something that can not be changed...

Lets try to be more productive with our time eh?

....that's my 2 cents and I'm done.

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Most people I know aren't even following the race.
If it doesn't say "For President" somewhere people may not have any idea what it is about.

They might think Ron Paul is a new movie or pop star....yeah I know he is kinda of a pop star.

Agreed.

slantedview

Yes

Yes

KewlRonduderules

...Why are you all so angry....it's done...it's happening....get over it....

If you don't want to support the blimp..fine

.....but don't bitch about something that can not be changed...

Lets try to be more productive with our time eh?

....that's my 2 cents and I'm done.

You have to keep in mind some of these posts are from persons from other political camps.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:55 PM

Exactly.

Even the goodyear blimp is hard to read from the ground:
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1768095.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F1064940715370ADAE38 5A5397277B4DC33E

But it works because everybody knows it is "the goodyear blimp"

The less words on the blimp the easier to read
The easier to read the more likely that people will actually read it and look up Ron Paul.

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
You have to keep in mind some of these posts are from persons from other political camps.

I saw that some had very low post counts today.....

...but i did not want to accuse anyone.

It's a shame that there are people that just want to hurt.

:(

dante
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm hardly from another political camp. I strongly think who is kills momentum and portrays Ron Paul as unknown and thus can't win at this stage in the game. And it seems incredibly fishy to me that the artwork is already in production and thus we can't make changes when the blimp has only officially raised 13k.

jp5065
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
i don't even know if "Who is" will be readable from the ground.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Good, then let me climb up there and paint over it to make sure. Let's head off the obvious smart-ass objections right now.

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 05:06 PM
good luck trying to raise all the money again after you switched things up on people.

i guess your marketing guys know how to spend our money better than we do. how hard would it have been to let the people who donated vote on what the slogan should be?

since the blimp website is already defending why they made the choice instead of asking people to come up with better ideas, it sounds like it's probably too late to change it now. that's too bad, because they already had more than enough pledges to make this happen and then they had to go and change things without notifying people.

it would have been nice to get an email from the blimp team explaining all of this rather than being confused when the website got updated, the pledges got removed and the message was changed.

personally, i would rather they don't do the blimp if this is the message they intend to use. good luck raising all the money again guys.

michaelwise
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I added RonPaul2008.com, What do you think?
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/myspace-image-hosting-q/4310bostonAir2.jpg

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I saw that some had very low post counts today.....

...but i did not want to accuse anyone.

I am not from any other camp for sure...I was subscribed to the freedom to fascism site, and I have supported Ron Paul since the very day I got an email saying "we have found the guy"....I am on the MSNBC boards every single day....JWrath.

I have donated several times.

I have been all over the internet since the very very beginning at gun forums, at legalize marijuana sites, at republican forums, and every other site I can think if...I am in 3 meetup groups, check my myspace (same name), I am on youtube every day, ...I am going to the local gun show on the 4th in Medina Ohio to support him, my truck has Ron Paul bumper stickers on it...etc etc

All I am doing is offering my opinion here....basically I disagree with not having "for president" on the blimp because I think it looks like he is an unknown without a chance, and I don't think people will google him that haven't already heard about him.

Hook
12-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Maybe the best thing to do is to donate with the current layout, but change the graphics next month or so. Let people vote on which graphic they like best weighted by how much they donate.

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
kinda expensive to change out in a month.

FreeTraveler
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM
For the most part, I like the look and I agree with the reasoning that the purpose is to make the blimp as effective as possible-in terms of attracting attention and new supporters-folks who are turned off to politics and the traditional advertisements of a campaign.

I like the idea of two different looks, with one side having the RON PAUL REVOLUTION logo and the other side having something different. After all, Dr. Paul said himself in the CNN/You Tube Debate that there is a revolution:)

However, rather than have the text "Who is Ron Paul?" and under it "Google Ron Paul", I think it would be much better to simply have the text "RON PAUL" and under it "Freedom, Peace & Prosperity". People who do not know about Dr. Paul will most likely do a web search on the good doctor (if they are users of the internet) and if they are not internet users, they will ask other people and find out about Ron Paul via word of mouth and news reports about the blimp.

No need to say anything about the election.

+1

Hook
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
kinda expensive to change out in a month.

Well, it will give an opportunity for the people that don't like the current design to put their money where their mouth is. :D

therealjjj77
In the past when I saw anything political, I usually tuned it out subconsciously. I think Elijah has a good point. We need to wake up the sleeping populous and the only way to do that is to spark their curiousity.

eric_cartman

this is the wrong approach and the wrong logic. the whole thing about advertising and branding, which is basically what we're doing, is to make positive associations. We want to associate Ron Paul with a positive term, like "President" .... by associating Ron Paul with "Who is?" it reinforces the fact that he is an unknown candidate. We have to stop acting like Ron Paul is a fringe candidate, that is what the media is attempting to do, and that's what the message on the blimp reinforces.

please be reasonable about this. Virtually no one has a problem with the Ron Paul Revolution side. If you had Ron Paul 08, or Ron Paul for President, or basically a big blown up version of your standard Ron Paul lawn sign... no one would be complaining. Put it to a vote. People have a real problem with that side of the blimp, and there are so many other designs that no one would have any real strong objection too.

I feel as if you are putting your faith in some people who claim to have credentials or experience in public relations/marketing/advertisement, but i'm telling you, they are wrong. From a practical standpoint, the blimp will get more donations if more people like the message on the blimp... and from a marketing standpoint, we need to be enforcing the idea that ron paul is a serious candidate. I may not have the credentials or experience as some of the blimp advisers, but i am just about finished a psychology degree from a good university and i feel confident that the correct approach is to change the design on the other side to look like your standard lawn sign. make it look professional and clean, not with this sloppy "who is" lettering...

the ron paul rEVOLution side is great. you don't hear people complaining about that. But have the other side look professional.... all these complaints should tell you that maybe you should reconsider and look at this issue again.

macdee
12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Let's just leave it the way it is.

The blimp looks great!

And were trying to reach voters that don't know about Ron Paul. So "Who is Ron Paul" makes sense.

I had this very same issue and posted my view. The message makes sense though. We need new donations when were all taped out! We need new donations to carry forward! And they won't donate if they don't Google Ron Paul and get the message.

Lets not mess with the artwork and get this project off the ground. I put aside my differences so we can meet the Tea Party 07 date.

I can think of a thousand ideas, but then the blimp will never get off the ground!

bulloncoins
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I hate the graphics. I honored my pledge. It seems painfully obvious that more and more people will not. Hell, if just a few of the $5000.00 pledges were going to come thru, we would already see much higher figures.

We asked for input, and updates and were ignored/put off.

Looks to me that they screwed the pooch....

I don't see any big money coming in. Do you?

Sad. I hope people will honor their pledge even though they will not be receiving exactly what they thought they would get when they made it. Not getting it off the ground will be the Very Worst thing that could happen to this campaign now.

:mad:

awigo50
12-01-2007, 05:25 PM

For every dozen people who get accused of being the 'others' there is probably only one. Meanwhile, eleven newbies get insulted. Just because people don't think god came down and inspired your work of art, doesn't mean they're the 'others'. Stop doing this. You're alienating people. :mad:

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
by associating Ron Paul with "Who is?" it reinforces the fact that he is an unknown candidate.

This I agree with 100%

Sad. I hope people will honor their pledge even though they will not be receiving exactly what they thought they would get when they made it.

I think they should because even with the current design, or any other design, it will get attention...it is very hard to ignore a blimp going by. Name recognition alone without any association to anything does help.

The blimp is an awesome idea in my opinion...the actual graphic is just a technicality we have various opinions about.

macdee
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Give them time to adjust. This is NOW really happening. People like myself are investigating the owners of the company set up to collect the donations. We need some answers to calm our concerns. The artwork looks great in my opinion. I'd just like a little more info on the company collecting the funds. When that is satisfied, the donations will flood in. Please add an "about us" link on the main page with contact information and phone numbers.

michaelwise
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/myspace-image-hosting-q/5524bostonAir3.jpg[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"]
I tried the www.RonPaul2008 in a different location.

macdee
12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I think it was good the way it was. Don't need to add anything.

moberley
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I have read several times that people Ron Paul's support among people who know about him and his message is extremely high. Events which attract politically active folks (whether or not they were such before they learned about Ron Paul) generally show very high number for Dr. Paul. In other venues (like telephone polls) the support tends to be lower. I think it is relatively logical to conclude from this that there are still a lot of people for whom "Who is Ron Paul?" is a legitimate question.

I would encourage people to also consider this in the context of the entire project. The company arranging this is selling timeshares of Blimp advertising, but they also have (as stated on their website) plans to work to get their customers as much value as possible. Mainly by staging events at landing sites and working to get local media coverage.

I disagree with the complaint that "Who is Ron Paul?" makes him seem like a lesser candidate because there is reasonable evidence that such a question applies to every candidate other than Hillary Clinton (and *maybe* Rudolph Guiliani). Besides, it's a cool and memorable slogan. Who is Ron Paul? ... what is your answer?

In the end, and its been said here already, if you don't like the product being sold you should not purchase a timeshare. If your buying Ron Paul t-shirts you're going to buy the one's you like. This is the same deal.

McDermit
12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I won't be honoring my $5k pledge. Too many changes, and none for the better.

I prefer to contribute to projects I completely support. Good luck to those already invested in this though.

moberley
12-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Fictional news cast ...

John Jones: "Who is Ron Paul? For the answer to that and why several thousand people contributed to put his name on a Blimp we go live to Stephanie Smith on scene at a rally awaiting the arrival of the Ron Paul Blimp. Stepanie?"

Hook
12-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I bet you can get the other half to donate next month if you promise to change the graphics at that point.

KewlRonduderules
12-01-2007, 05:43 PM
For every dozen people who get accused of being the 'others' there is probably only one. Meanwhile, eleven newbies get insulted. Just because people don't think god came down and inspired your work of art, doesn't mean they're the 'others'. Stop doing this. You're alienating people. :mad:

Why so defensive? Sounds like you are creating an issue. I am pointing out the obvious.

There are probably indeed more newbies that are legit than not. Hence the reason I said

;)

macdee
12-01-2007, 05:45 PM
For those that were expecting a PAC... things have changed out of necessity so more people could contribute legally. That seems to be the case. I'm sure their trying to do the right thing and get this project off the ground.

It is my own opinion that the project should have honored the 5k pledges for three days riding the blimp. The email pledge prior to the change could have confirmed this. I think their working the issue. They've come a long way with a new website that can collect contributions and it's legality.

The focus is now directly on collecting the funds to get this project off the ground!

Some are waiting to get more info about the company collecting the funds. When they are convinced, the contributions will flood in!

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 05:47 PM
the ron paul rEVOLution side is great. you don't hear people complaining about that. But have the other side look professional.... all these complaints should tell you that maybe you should reconsider and look at this issue again.

I'm complaining about it, but I guess I'm alone. Nobody I know in real life likes that slogan/logo. Like it or not, there are a lot of potential converts that are breaking through the mental barrier that they can be against this war without being a liberal. A slogan that sounds like some retro 60's hippie thing doesn't help that process.

If it matters anymore, I'd go for a straightforward "Ron Paul for President 2008" thing on both sides, maybe with "Freedom, Prosperity, Peace" if it can fit.

$0.02

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Elijah, I'm not a troll. Been here since June.

I think this decision was rushed, and it's causing problems. Something as key as how the blimp looks really needed a few days of vetting.

QFT

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I will say again....

If certain wording was promised when the pledges were made, then that wording needs to be used, or the entire contract is voided.

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 05:49 PM
QFT

I hate to interrupt and show my age....but what does that mean? :)

leipo
12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Why so defensive? Sounds like you are creating an issue. I am pointing out the obvious.

There are probably indeed more newbies that are legit than not. Hence the reason I said

;)

Dude, get out of here with your conspiracy theories.

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I hate the graphics. I honored my pledge. It seems painfully obvious that more and more people will not. Hell, if just a few of the $5000.00 pledges were going to come thru, we would already see much higher figures.

We asked for input, and updates and were ignored/put off.

Looks to me that they screwed the pooch....

I don't see any big money coming in. Do you?

Sad. I hope people will honor their pledge even though they will not be receiving exactly what they thought they would get when they made it. Not getting it off the ground will be the Very Worst thing that could happen to this campaign now.

:mad:

I've posted this three times now, but it's not the least bit obvious what the heck is even going on. I pledged on the old site, but have received no notification that "now is the time" or any explanation of whether or not "buying time", or whatever, is the same as pledging, or what.

I fully expected when I pledged that I'd get an E-mail sent to me when the $350K was reached saying "send money now". At this point, all is confusion.

jake
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
the "Who Is" does seem silly to me

pointe
12-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I will say again....

If certain wording was promised when the pledges were made, then that wording needs to be used, or the entire contract is voided.

I don't think that promises to donate are generally enforceable anyway. If someone doesn't like the new wording, then they can just not donate.

I am not a lawyer though so don't consider this legal advice... :)

KewlRonduderules
Dude, get out of here with your conspiracy theories.

lovely.

nice to meet you too.

fredricko

Quoted For Truth

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 05:53 PM
The blimp is selling ad space now? Fuck that...a million dollars for 40,000 minutes? That is the whole month...this thing got stupid fast, and now looks like people are trying to make money off of it.

WTF the blimp is selling ad space? (http://ronpaulblimp.com/)

What utter bullshit...the blimp costs 350,000, but you want people to pay 1 million for the month?? I would pull my pledge right now if I was a donor.

xexkxex

Ohhhh never mind....I looked it up.

PS- I don't see the big deal with this. This is for Ron Paul...not us.

jake
Maybe the best thing to do is to donate with the current layout, but change the graphics next month or so. Let people vote on which graphic they like best weighted by how much they donate.

good call!

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Let's just leave it the way it is.

The blimp looks great!

And were trying to reach voters that don't know about Ron Paul. So "Who is Ron Paul" makes sense.

I had this very same issue and posted my view. The message makes sense though. We need new donations when were all taped out! We need new donations to carry forward! And they won't donate if they don't Google Ron Paul and get the message.

Lets not mess with the artwork and get this project off the ground. I put aside my differences so we can meet the Tea Party 07 date.

I can think of a thousand ideas, but then the blimp will never get off the ground!

I don't agree with you. It may look great, but I don't share your belief that it is good marketing. The original design was much better and it was the one that was in place when people made their pledges. If you change that, you risk losing a large number of people who were once willing to contribute.

AgentSmith
12-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Some are waiting to get more info about the company collecting the funds. When they are convinced, the contributions will flood in!

QFT.... that is, if 'the company' stops calling everyone a political operative for wanting to know such facts ;)

So if we get them money in the next week how long before this thing is in the sky?

fredricko
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
In the interest of discussion, allow me to repost something I said in another thread.

Although I would prefer something else, I think whatever is on the blimp is a moot point: The media is going to eat this up no matter what it says.

The thing about people is that we want free rides on blimps.

Reporters will be begging to cover the story about how "A group of grass roots supporters totally independent of the Ron Paul campaign procured a blimp to help out their candidate" a.k.a. "I want a free blimp ride." Sort of quid pro quo: We give you a ride on the blimp, you do a story about the blimp.

It's an advertising strategy revolving around the blimp, but the blimp itself is immaterial insofar as it exists and has "Ron Paul" on it. The media's reaction to the blimp and hopefully the realization of the how serious Dr. Paul's supports are is really what matters.

That's the way I see it anyways.

LibertyEagle
I don't think that promises to donate are generally enforceable anyway. If someone doesn't like the new wording, then they can just not donate.

I am not a lawyer though so don't consider this legal advice... :)

I was referring to a verbal contract. The point is, that people signed on, based on a certain look of the blimp. That has totally changed and so likely will the pledges.

dante
I'm complaining about it, but I guess I'm alone. Nobody I know in real life likes that slogan/logo. Like it or not, there are a lot of potential converts that are breaking through the mental barrier that they can be against this war without being a liberal. A slogan that sounds like some retro 60's hippie thing doesn't help that process.

If it matters anymore, I'd go for a straightforward "Ron Paul for President 2008" thing on both sides, maybe with "Freedom, Prosperity, Peace" if it can fit.

$0.02

You aren't the only one who doesn't prefer the Revolution logo as I to know people it turns off immediately. But i'm picking my battles here and Who IS bugs me more. I agree a very straightforward message is best. And who is ron paul and google ron paul on the same side is pretty redundant.

rjo43084
12-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm not so concerned about the Who is Ron Paul? part as I am about the Google Ron Paul part. Yes you get the campaign website and wikipedia's site on him when you do that search, but you also get Google News search results. In these results are tons of negative hit pieces from the mainstream media, and if the average person reads these articles first, who knows nothing about Ron Paul to begin with, they may not be able to see through the BS. Although reading some of these articles I don't see how it's possible not to see them as a bunch of lies. Still, I feel it would be better to just have the campaign's website on the airship, or Ron Paul Library, where people can actually see what he stands for.

macdee
12-01-2007, 05:57 PM
We were buying into the "idea" of a Ron Paul Blimp and it was exciting!

A lot of work was done and just now for the first time we can see what IS being offered. So a natural adjustment needs to be made to the reality.

I can understand that. A lot of work has been done and now we know what the end product is. Please make suggestions that can be easy to implement. We've run out of time and the blimp must be in Boston Harbor for the Dec. 16th date for the Tea Party 07.

If you have concerns, now is the time to address them. But realize things are going forward and only minor adjustments can be made at this time.

Main focus is... get the blimp off the ground!!!!

I myself am happy with the artwork. I would like more info on the company collecting the funds. Looking for an "about us" link on the main page. With that satisfied, I'll make my 500 dollar donation.

eric_cartman
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I won't be honoring my $5k pledge. Too many changes, and none for the better.

I prefer to contribute to projects I completely support. Good luck to those already invested in this though.

Look Elijah... someone who was willing to donate $5000 is now backing out... and that's your fault. It's great that you're doing so much work for this campaign, but please start making smarter decisions. regardless of what message anyone may feel is the most effective... more people will donate if you put something more agreeable on that side of the blimp.

who knows how many of the $5000 pledges were real... the blimp may not even get off the ground unless you change the blimp. you don't have a choice. change the design on that side of the blimp!

why would you pick a design that so many people hate? there are plenty of designs that most people would have no problems with. even though i only pledged $100, which i know isn't much... i'm waiting until the design gets changed... i don't want to donate to a project that i don't think will get off the ground, since I have no assurances that i will get a refund if the full amount of money isn't raised.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Seriously, are you kidding me? where exactly does the other 650,000 dollars per month go to?? The blimp costs 350,000 per month, and you are asking for 1 million for 27 days?

Flat out question.....is any person making money off this blimp idea?

I would NOT donate tio this now, and I would pull away from any pledge I made...this is becoming a scam fast.

cero
12-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Whats the Deal with the President And Vice President Crap?
http://ronpaulblimp.com/MediaTeam.php
Ego Bost? this is BS

Energy
12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a friend who turns his ears off when he hears politics. He said "I'd rather focus on football." :eek:

I can see where the blimp marketing guys are coming from.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 06:03 PM
The blimp is selling ad space now? Fuck that...a million dollars for 40,000 minutes? That is the whole month...this thing got stupid fast, and now looks like people are trying to make money off of it.

What utter bullshit...the blimp costs 350,000, but you want people to pay 1 million for the month?? I would pull my pledge right now if I was a donor.

40,000 minutes is about 667 hours. its not for just one month.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Whats the Deal with the President And Vice President Crap?
http://ronpaulblimp.com/MediaTeam.php
Ego Bost? this is BS

they have to form a company. wouldn't they need a president so the company is legit?

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
2 days costs 100,000 dollars? fuck that....this is a scam.....someone better explain these numbers...

Is someone trying to make 650,000 dollars this month or what?

The numbers do NOT add up at all.

pointe
12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
40,000 minutes is about 667 hours. its not for just one month.

Yeah, remember the $350,000 covered 160 flying hours for the month...

cien750hp
Seriously, are you kidding me? where exactly does the other 650,000 dollars per month go to?? The blimp costs 350,000 per month, and you are asking for 1 million for 27 days?

I would NOT donate tio this now, and I would pull away from any pledge I made...this is becoming a scam fast.

that is if the blimp is flying 24 hours a day. that is not even possible. this would buy probaby over three months worth of flying time. you have to give the crew rest time and maintenance on the blimp

moberley

Actually, they are selling a timeshare of one single ad space (a blimp). People who pay them are purchasing that amount of time of blimp operation. It's just like the condos down in the sunbelt except its renting a blimp to put a sign on it.

I'm not affiliated. This is just what I read on the website.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
why would you pick a design that so many people hate?

I don't think its that bad. I didn't think it was the best, but that doesn't mean I "hate" it like some of the agitators on here have been driving a consensus for.

I'm not consented to it. Its a pretty good design. My nitpicking doesn't mean I'm now agreeing with the hate the blimpers. Guess thats the problem with agitators. Make other people seem to agree with them when they don't by their loud, rude behaviors. :cool:

steph3n
12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
It can NOT say President that is the whole issue, it needs to most effective name recognition without saying it.

Maybe one side should say:
FEC Censored: Ron Paul for President with President cross out and instead saying Prezident

It would have two good points bringing attention to censored free speech, and having Ron Paul in there

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
There are roughly 43200 minutes in a month....

$350,000 divided by 43200 equals $8.10 per minute to run the blimp

1,000,000 that is being asked for 40,000 minutes equals $25 per minute.

13 dollars per minute is missing?? Over half a million dollars???

I will report this to the authorities as an online scam if someone doesn't offer up an explanation?

IS SOMEONE MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS...YES OR NO?

macdee
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
The process is totally transparent! No one is making decisions in the back room!

It's tough, all happening online too! These issues will get resolved asap.

Don't get discouraged though. It's all happening in "real time." All issues are being discussed at this moment. Trying to please everyone!

You might want to get a good nights sleep while things are being worked out.

I myself am easy to please, I'm ok with the artwork as is. If changes are made, I'm ok with that too. Sleep on it.

We'll get this thing done and off the ground! Boston Harbor here we come! Tea Party 07!

leipo
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Yes, but i doubt the salaries are very high.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM

I will report this to the authorities as an online scam if someone doesn't offer up an explanation?

Its blimp ad time in the air, so its about 160 hours a month * 60 minutes an hour
= 240,000 roughly, which is about what has been posted all along.

Hook
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
2 days costs 100,000 dollars? fuck that....this is a scam.....someone better explain these numbers...

Is someone trying to make 650,000 dollars this month or what?

The numbers do NOT add up at all.

Originally $350,000 for 160 hours = $36.46/Minute. At that rate, 4,000 minutes would cost $145,840. But the website lists only $100,000. So it is actually cheaper than the original rate.

macdee
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Well... I don't have a million dollars. So I'm not going to worry to much about it. I'll go with the lower rate though if we reach one million dollars. Good point by the way.

I don't think they thought about it that way. They were just throwing numbers up without thinking. They were pressed HARD to get the web site up!

It needs to be corrected though to the lower amount per minute. I'm glad you guys were on top of this!

Hook
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
The original $350,000 was for a month, but not 24/7. Only 160 hours, which averages to 6 hours/day.

So calm down there Johnny.

fredricko
12-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I've seen mentions of $50,000 per graphic as well (though I admit I do not know where that figure comes from), which makes up for the $100,000 discrepancy .

Mark
12-01-2007, 06:25 PM

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the site?

They're a FOR PROFIT company taking people's money with NO GUARANTEE to give it back if THEY DON'T DO WHAT THEY "PROMISED".

Hey, I'm building a bridge. Give ME your money. Now, remember, I'm NOT saying that I'll give your money back if I DON'T build a bridge.

IT'S ALL MINE!!! Your money is ALL MINE!!! HA HA HA HA... SUCKERS!!!! I'm livin' LARGE on your "bridge" dreams that I SOLD you. ha ha ha ha...

cero
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM

are you a dumbass sir? Please take your time to analyze the situation the blimp is not going to run 24/7.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
The Blimp Is Selling Advertising Space....it Doesn't Have To Be Even Related To Ron Paul....this Is A Money Making Scheme.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 06:28 PM
The Blimp Is Selling Advertising Space....it Doesn't Have To Be Even Related To Ron Paul....this Is A Money Making Scheme.

This is a means to advertise without violating laws.

cero
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
please johnny go troll somewhere else

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM

I don't think so based on who is running it.

That would be no point in it anyway. $350k is just a drop in the bucket. This is relatively small money.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Here's your media team".

Trevor Lyman
Company President
Company Spokesperson
Manchester, N.H.

It's a money making scam, pull out.

scam (http://ronpaulblimp.com/MediaTeam.php)

Delain
12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
About the "Who is Ron Paul" question, something I didnt knew either but read here on the forums a few weeks ago

Maybe many of you are too young too know that the Libertarian Party was founded upon the "roots" of Ayn Rand's philosophy.

In her novel "Atlas Shrugged" the question "Who Is John Galt?" was written everywhere, on walls, sidwalks and in newspapers and no one could answer the question, but it became a rallying cry and almost a curse used by virtually everyone.

Well John Galt was the man who came to destroy the old statist order and save the world for the rational still alive in the world.

Therefore, it is not very difficult "now" to answer the question, "Who Is Ron Paul?"

Its not a question, its a statement.

Im sure that there will always be unsatisfied, no matter what the Blimps going to look like, but perhaps with this in mind its more agreeable.

cero
deleted

steph3n
Here's your media team".

no problem with that, you are being a bit......demanding.

pointe
12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Here's your media team".

Huh? Why does Trevor being involved mean that it is a scam? I don't agree with everything he does, although he did a great job on Nov 5, but I really don't get your point here...

Hook
12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Uh, Trevor is the one that did the Nov. 5th thing.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I just quit my job and gave up my share of my company. Am I making any money on this? NO.

I am going to make the salary I made when I quit my job though. We are going to have many more costs involved than just the blimp.

Outfitting the blimp with streaming video cameras.
Hiring a videographer crew to document this historic event.
Room and board for those who need to travel with the blimp to make this all happen.
A legal team to protect us and keep us in the air.
A legal team to fight for our right to fly in restricted airspace
Gift kits for the media
Ron Paul airforce jackets for the ground crew

There are many more things we have planned.

I just quit my job and am not getting rich off of this. I sincerely mean this.

Do you know how much it costs to retain one of the best election lawyers around (and a former FEC chairman).

Do you think Trevor would scam anyone out of money? Seriously? If you do then you are overlooking all that he has done for you already.

Please realize that I am a human being and I am not doing this to get rich. What should I do? Just wait at home and tell the blimp driver to go to this state and this city etc?

Or should I go out and make sure the blimp goes to the right places etc.

We really need your support everyone to make this happen. This is oo much more than just renting a blimp and slapping a billboard on it. This is the entire media spectacle we have all been waiting for. Please see the beauty in what this can do.

Should I just let my house get forclosed upon while I am away or my car get repossessed.

Again, yes we are getting some money but we are by no means getting rich.

JohnnyWrath
no problem with that, you are being a bit......demanding.

They are basically asking us to fund the start of their new company....it started out as a blimp for Ron Paul, but it is something else now....even the news is reporting Trevor is trying to start up his own company...

Mark
I don't think so based on who is running it.

That would be no point in it anyway. $350k is just a drop in the bucket. This is relatively small money.

To WHO? Not to some young kids and old hucksters.

If it's "a drop in the bucket" to YOU, I need 350K, I'll hook you up with a Blimp.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Apparently you are making enough to quit your job....Trevor is making enough to quit his too and move to NH????????????

leipo
12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Do you know how much it costs to retain one of the best election lawyers around (and a former FEC chairman).

No, please tell us.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
They are basically asking us to fund the start of their new company....it started out as a blimp for Ron Paul, but it is something else now....even the news is reporting Trevor is trying to start up his own company...

right a company or PAC is needed in today's world to get things done. I'd like to see a pro liberty PAC or COMPANY operating under the current laws that can counter the leftist MoveON for YEARS to come what is the PROBLEM?!

cero
12-01-2007, 06:40 PM
hey Elijah nobody thinks its a scam just the trolls
what we have been arguing about is the art the "who is ron paul" its just a phase we will all get over it once we see the blimp in action.
another thing please in the FRONT PAGE explain what the deal is with the timeshares and add space and all that stuff

PLEASE SOME ONE BAN JOHNNYWRATH

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow this is intense

Mark
I Am I making any money on this.

I am going to make the salary I made when I quit my job.

Again, yes we are getting some money ... getting rich.

This whole Blimp escapade needs to be REMOVED FROM THE RON PAUL BOARD IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you what YOU and your cronies can do. GIVE PEOPLE THEIR MONEY BACK!

And take your PERSONAL COMPANY MONEY MAKING SCHEME OFF THE FORUM!

This isn't the place for YOU to make money!!!!

If you're SO honest and sincere why not refund people's money in a reasonable time if you don't do what you SAY you will do ?

Oh, that's right, YOU NEED THE MONEY TO BUILD YOUR COMPANY. I see.

JohnnyWrath
HOW much are you making? bottom line? How much is Trevor making off this, and how much are YOU?

Elijah
Apparently you are making enough to quit your job....Trevor is making enough to quit his too and move to NH????????????

Well when I get back.. Should I have a house or car?

Maybe I should just play it safe and not do it. What do you think?

Lets just scrap the whole thing, right? Lets continue to get no mainstream media.

At least I will have a house and a car then.

Mark
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
hey Elijah nobody thinks its a scam just the trolls
what we have been arguing about is the art the "who is ron paul" its just a phase we will all get over it once we see the blimp in action.
another thing please in the FRONT PAGE explain what the deal is with the timeshares and add space and all that stuff

Oh thanks mister 61 posts in the blimp forum, JOIN DATE IN NOVEMBER.

michaelwise
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I just quit my job and gave up my share of my company. Am I making any money on this? NO.

I am going to make the salary I made when I quit my job though. We are going to have many more costs involved than just the blimp.

Outfitting the blimp with streaming video cameras.
Hiring a videographer crew to document this historic event.
Room and board for those who need to travel with the blimp to make this all happen.

There are many more things we have planned.

Do you think Trevor would scam anyone out of money? Seriously? If you do then you are overlooking all that he has done for you already.

Please realize that I am a human being and I am not doing this to get rich. What should I do? Just wait at home and tell the blimp driver to go to this state and this city etc?

Or should I go out and make sure the blimp goes to the right places etc.

We really need your support everyone to make this happen. This is oo much more than just renting a blimp and slapping a billboard on it. This is the entire media spectacle we have all been waiting for. Please see the beauty in what this can do.

Should I just let my house get forclosed upon while I am away or my car get repossessed.

Again, yes we are getting some money but we are by no means getting rich.Elijah, I consider you our hired media consultant on this project. I have been here on the forums almost since the beginning and I hold you in the highest regards. I know you will do great things with this project. Just get the dam thing off the ground and I'll be happy.

Mark
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Uh, Trevor is the one that did the Nov. 5th thing.

Yeah, nice set-up for the kill shot. Con artists do it ALL the time.

JohnnyWrath
Cero, I am not a troll, I promise you. I am for Ron Paul 100%. I will prove it to you easily later with items that are 6 months old now....later though.

cien750hp
stop attacking elijah and trevor
i have never heard anything to doubt their authenticity.
they are not trying to make money
they need money to keep living
they are doing this for you
they are doing this for ron paul
and mostly they are doing this for the message of liberty.
everything they have done is so that this can get off the ground and be legal.
if not, we would have no blimp.
we have to follow the campaign laws, and get a way so people can donate as much as they want. they may not be fair, but for right now we have no choice.
some dividing people.
stop attacking people.
have some love and come together, its what this whole campaign is about.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Cero, I am not a troll, I promise you. I am for Ron Paul 100%. I will prove it to you easily later with items that are 6 months old now....later though.

Wrath, Rage. Maybe its just me.

saahmed
12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with their reasoning. People who don't use the internet will ask others about Ron Paul rather than google him.

JohnnyWrath
How much are you planning to make?

Mark

SOMEONE BAN YOUR COMPANY from using the forum to scam people!

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh thanks mister 61 posts in the blimp forum, JOIN DATE IN NOVEMBER.

what the hell is your problem. you don't need to be doubting people and yelling at them. i mean seriously, we're all here for the same goal. if you don't want to donate, fine. but stop being so negative and angry. calm down and be more trusting, you have nothing to lose, as you are not donating. give people a chance, and listen.

what would ron paul do?

look at it all. it is highly doubtful this could be a scam, in fact i dont think there is a doubt at all it is legit

FreeTraveler
12-01-2007, 06:50 PM
More power to you!

Ignore the trolls and the nay-sayers. There were legions of naysayers in the 1760s and 1770s as well. If the Sons of Liberty had listened to every negative message, the tea would have stayed on the ships and we'd still be speaking the "King's English". ;)

I personally go more for the "Liberty, Prosperity, Peace" message myself, but I haven't quit my job, I haven't spent every waking moment trying to get a new company off the ground to support Dr. Paul, and I haven't opened myself up to attacks from lawyers, the government, and any assorted puny-brain who thinks they can do better than you can... so whatever you decide is cool with me.

Thanks for your efforts. Peace, out.

cero
12-01-2007, 06:50 PM
incredible how much negativity...

fredricko
12-01-2007, 06:51 PM
No offense Mark, but maybe you should try being more calm and reasoned. I see where you are coming from, and there is nothing wrong with dissent, but you're acting in a rather uncivilized manner. All you are doing is yelling.

macdee
12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
We are Ron Paul supporters, and this great idea. It's a bigger project then we thought. Some Paul supporters have spent their own time getting it set up so we can donate without worrying about all the hassles in getting the job done. The Ron Paul Blimp Project.

Now that it's ready to receive contributions to make it happen, were all worried about the artwork and who are the owner of this new LLC Company.

I would like to see the owners of this company listed with pictures and backgrounds on a link "About US" on the Ron Paul Blimp website. That will calm my fears in making a contribution. I'll check back in tomorrow to see the information.

In the mean time... This is a great project and people have been working hard to get it done. A lot has been accomplished and we're seeing the results.

To encourage donations... we need a live feed on the blimp website of the blimp and preparations for the artwork itself. That would go a long way in seeing the work being done!

Just some thoughts of encouragement....

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 06:53 PM
So I don't think it's a scam - I think these people really do want a blimp and they really want to help Ron Paul.

It's just that you've tried to do it all yourself and behind the scenes. Maybe you thought you had reason to do that but......this is a mess!!!!

Remember the USA Today ad. Remember how openly and together we worked on that thing? Remember how many times things changed?

All we heard from the blimp people was "be patient" and "things will happen" and now - total chaos.

I suggest you start taking suggestions and if you still want there to be a blimp (which I very much do) then make some BIG CHANGES QUICKLY!

Change the artwork to say president - just make it happen. It can't be too late unless you paid thousands of dollars to start making it without us.

Explain everthing. Prove yourself trustworthy. Don't be snarky with us about losing your car. Be a leader.

I WANT THIS BLIMP AND IT IS SINKING LIKE A LEAD ZEPPLIN!

BeFranklin
I agree with their reasoning. People who don't use the internet will ask others about Ron Paul rather than google him.

Actually, thats good too.

Mark
what the hell is your problem. you don't need to be doubting people and yelling at them. i mean seriously, we're all here for the same goal. if you don't want to donate, fine. but stop being so negative and angry. calm down and be more trusting, you have nothing to lose, as you are not donating. give people a chance, and listen.

what would ron paul do?

I'll tell you what Ron Paul would do. Refund people's money if he didn't do what he said.

Have YOU seen the site? The TERMS OF PURCHASE? NO REFUND? Have you SEEN THAT?

Ok, give ME YOUR MONEY THEN. Be Trusting. You have nothing to lose (but your hard earned money)

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 06:54 PM
The entire blimp website has changed after legal teams came in, and Trevor and Elijah have apparently formed a company.

How much are you guys making off this project? an exact number would be nice....since you both quit your jobs, it must be OK huh? HOW MUCH?

Delain
12-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Lol. Well you could have fooled me. You are accusing and slandering people for being scammers with nothing but your own baseless premises and assumptions.

Mark
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
BIG CHANGES QUICKLY!

Yeah, BIG changes like starting to do what EVERYONE ELSE HERE is doing.

Working our heads off for NOTHING! NO MONEY! --> Unlike Y'ALL.

BIG CHANGES like an escrow account to refund the money, and BIG CHANGES like NOT PAYING YOURSELF A SALARY.

JohnnyWrath
Lol. Well you could have fooled me. You are accusing and slandering people for being scammers with nothing but your own baseless premises and assumptions.

Baseless? They have formed a FOR PROFIT company....they are no longer Ron Paul volunteers....they are now out to make money.

michaelwise
Ok, I think thats enough for this thread. Let's just all sleep on it.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok, I think thats enough for this thread. Let's just all sleep on it.

This is important.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll tell you what Ron Paul would do. Refund people's money if he didn't do what he said.

Have YOU seen the site? The TERMS OF PURCHASE? NO REFUND? Have you SEEN THAT?

Ok, give ME YOUR MONEY THEN. Be Trusting. You have nothing to lose (but your hard earned money)

are you going to buy me a blimp? if so, then maybe i would.
however i don't have any, as i am a highschool student and i find is despicable that you are on here yelling at people and dividing people, not having our principle goal in mind, which is peace and freedom by way of ron paul.

and i think the no refunds aspect is perfectly acceptable. they get the money, they shouldn't have to worry about refunding it and making more. i would do that too with a 350+ grand project.

LBT
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Good job Elijah,
It is tough to make decisions but they have to be made.

There is no consensus of what should go into the design, so you can't please everyone. I'm a marketer and I have not seen a proposal that is clearly better than the one you have chosen. I do think it looks fantastic though.

Continued good luck. I think the great majority will like the design and continue to get excited about the project.

Don't get too negative people. Advice is fine as it becomes a resource for improvement.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I believe it is acceptable that we pay these two a salary for their work with our donations, but I want to know what that salary is.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I believe it is acceptable that we pay these two a salary for their work with our donations, but I want to know what that salary is.

That is more like it :)

Green Mountain Boy
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Just because the operation was set up as a "for profit company," it does not mean that they will necessarily be making any money or earning a salary. It probably couldn't be a non-profit for legal reasons.

fredricko
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM

A reasonable request.

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM
are you going to buy me a blimp? if so, then maybe i would.
however i don't have any, as i am a highschool student and i find is despicable that you are on here yelling at people and dividing people, not having our principle goal in mind, which is peace and freedom by way of ron paul.

and i think the no refunds aspect is perfectly acceptable. they get the money, they shouldn't have to worry about refunding it and making more. i would do that too with a 350+ grand project.

1. I'll do what they're doing. YES. I'll sell you advertising space on a blimp if you give me half a milion dollars.

2. I'm NOT a high school kid. I'm FAR removed from high school. I've SEEN TONS of SCAMS since then. Just like they're doing.

3. They shouldn't have to worry about refunding a half million dollars?

Seriously. How much money DO you have. I'll take whatever it is.

Unlike Elijah, I DON'T HAVE A HOUSE OR CAR to worry about making payments on. It must be NICE.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I would like your feedback on what it should be. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=636684

Delain
12-01-2007, 07:11 PM
-nevermind :) -

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:13 PM
A reasonable request.

Well, if it's reasonable, why don't YOU just cover their salary so ALL of the money can go for the blimp?

macdee
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll wait for more info like everyone else.

If I'm making a contribution and things don't work out, I'd expect a return of funds (minus 5% expenses) to be returned. Don't get me wrong... I want the blimp project to pull through! You need to change the "NO REFUND" clause in the "terms" agreement to reflect our concerns. Then this project can go forward! If you trust someone, put it in writing! It's a complement and fair business practices too.

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
So? there's no reason to keep repeating your accusations.

Really? NO reason. Like, using the RON PAUL FORUM to MAKE MONEY? No reason huh? To tell them to TAKE IT ELSEWHERE?

Oh, yes there is.

cien750hp
1. I'll do what they're doing. YES. I'll sell you advertising space on a blimp if you give me half a milion dollars.

2. I'm NOT a high school kid. I'm FAR removed from high school. I've SEEN TONS of SCAMS since then. Just like they're doing.

3. They shouldn't have to worry about refunding a half million dollars?

Seriously. How much money DO you have. I'll take whatever it is.

Unlike Elijah, I DON'T HAVE A HOUSE OR CAR to worry about making payments on. It must be NICE.

okay well then since you don't have to make payments, i say you start your own blimp endeavor. get it all together, and don't make a salary since you don't need one.
youre not seeing my point. all the money they recieve should be guaranteed. someone shouldn't donate like 10 grand, and then be able to get it back. thats not good, especially when we're still trying to get this off the ground. and why would i give you my money, you cannot relate you asking someone on a forum (especially a minor) for money to buying a blimp from a company. ones legit, ones just..you

cero
I'm sorry man I can't take you seriously, not with that tranny pic you have

eloquensanity
12-01-2007, 07:18 PM
The whole point is to turn people onto politics and wake them up. It would be nice to be able to give children a toy blimp and show them that politics can be fun, and good guys win sometimes.

If you take that away, what do you have? That is what the revolution in love is. politics. (note the reversal this time).

We really need something about the election on there. I don't want people or our kids scared of mentioning it
anymore, like its beyond them. I want it in their grasp, like its part of them.

Toy Ron Paul Blimps would be cool, or RP blimp shaped balloons filled with helium and released next to the real blimp. Free blimp balloons for the kids.
Just thinking, I didn't read the whole thread 'cos too many people criticizing so it may have been suggested.

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't think its that bad. I didn't think it was the best, but that doesn't mean I "hate" it like some of the agitators on here have been driving a consensus for.

I'm not consented to it. Its a pretty good design. My nitpicking doesn't mean I'm now agreeing with the hate the blimpers. Guess thats the problem with agitators. Make other people seem to agree with them when they don't by their loud, rude behaviors. :cool:

who's agitating now?
I don't see anywhere in that quote that suggests mr. cartman is being "loud and rude."
remember, it's okay to dissent if you don't agree with something.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Toy Ron Paul Blimps would be cool, or RP blimp shaped balloons filled with helium and released next to the real blimp. Free blimp balloons for the kids.
Just thinking, I didn't read the whole thread 'cos too many people criticizing so it may have been suggested.

you should start a new thread, this has been suggested before but i think its a great idea. now that the idea is in motion we need to look at it close, and i don't want it getting lost in this mess. :)

european
12-01-2007, 07:22 PM
for those in doubt: just take the f-ing gamble :P
a little distrust isnt bad, but tbh... this project has honesty written all over it! if you want that blimp in the air, just donate for crying out loud.

macdee
12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
We can move forward today and get lots of contributions!

Just remove the "NO REFUND" statement in the "terms" contract.

Say if the blimp does not fly, you will receive ninety five percent returned of your original contribution. That's reasonable for good business faith on both sides.

I figure 5% cost already expended is a reasonable amount. So What's the problem?

With that said... let's get the blimp up in the AIR!

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 07:29 PM
who's agitating now?
I don't see anywhere in that quote that suggests mr. cartman is being "loud and rude."
remember, it's okay to dissent if you don't agree with something.

I didn't say mr. cartman, THE TV CHARACTER KNOWN FOR BEING LOUD AND RUDE, was being loud and rude. I said that everyone, like me, that criticized parts of the blimp didn't "hate" it like he claimed, but it may have seemed that way because of a few loud and rude posters.

Really, if we can keep this up, we will get an incredible number of new users on here, and that will be worth something too :D Welcome aboard, #6.

fredricko
12-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, if it's reasonable, why don't YOU just cover their salary so ALL of the money can go for the blimp?

If I could, I would, but that is not the point. I simply meant that if people are getting paid for this blimp project, it is perfectly reasonable that their salaries are disclosed.

Also, why do you keep berating everyone? It's not like the blimp is taking any of your money.

If you are suspicious about the blimp then don't donate. People will use their discretion in deciding whether the blimp project is legit or not, just like you have done.

I understand that it is important to make opinions and information available so people can make informed decisions, but as it stands I don't think you aren't contributing anything else to this discussion.

Delain
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Really? NO reason. Like, using the RON PAUL FORUM to MAKE MONEY? No reason huh? To tell them to TAKE IT ELSEWHERE?

Oh, yes there is.

Ok, that’s a legitimate point.

Its grassroots and all volunteers, so what now when people are getting financial compensation or a salary?

I don’t know. Those people from " Operation Live Free or Die", are they getting financial compensation?

Anyway, writing in CAPS like you’re sitting there screaming and foaming behind your pc doesn’t help to get your point across.

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
okay well then since you don't have to make payments, i say you start your own blimp endeavor. get it all together, and don't make a salary since you don't need one.
youre not seeing my point. all the money they recieve should be guaranteed. someone shouldn't donate like 10 grand, and then be able to get it back. thats not good, especially when we're still trying to get this off the ground. and why would i give you my money, you cannot relate you asking someone on a forum (especially a minor) for money to buying a blimp from a company. ones legit, ones just..you

I don't have payments, because I DON'T HAVE a house or car. It must be nice to have those things.

And yes, now you've almost got it. "all the money they receive should be guaranteed." Guaranteed to be REFUNDED.

Why not just give me your money like you're saying everyone should just give THEM their money?

Why is it ok for them, but not for me? I promise, I'll guarantee not to give it back. Will that make you happy and comforted?

rjo43084
12-01-2007, 07:32 PM
We can move forward today and get lots of contributions!

Just remove the "NO REFUND" statement in the "terms" contract.

Say if the blimp does not fly, you will receive ninety five percent returned of your original contribution. That's reasonable for good business faith on both sides.

I figure 5% cost already expended is a reasonable amount. So What's the problem?

With that said... let's get the blimp up in the AIR!

I agree with this, and I think it would make things a lot more legitimate and reasonable. The no refund policy is the main reason I became so skeptical of the LLC idea in the first place.

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Ok, that’s a legitimate point.

Thank you, I thought it was quite reasonable.

Its grassroots and all volunteers, so what now when people are getting financial compensation or a salary?

It stops being "grassroots and volunteering" when you GET PAID FOR IT. Understand?

I don’t know. Those people from " Operation Live Free or Die", are they getting financial compensation?

No, they're VOLUNTEERS, they're spending their OWN money to do it.

[/quote]
Anyway, writing in CAPS like you’re sitting there screaming and foaming behind your pc doesn’t help to get your point across.[/quote]

That's YOUR imagination. I'm not screaming, I'm emphasizing. It's a lot quicker than using all the BBcode.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't have payments, because I DON'T HAVE a house or car. It must be nice to have those things.

And yes, now you've almost got it. "all the money they receive should be guaranteed." Guaranteed to be REFUNDED.

Why not just give me your money like you're saying everyone should just give THEM their money?

Why is it ok for them, but not for me? I promise, I'll guarantee not to give it back. Will that make you happy and comforted?

i think we're on different pages here. i think youre talking about getting refunds if the blimp project does not get enough, i was talking about getting refunds before they call it quits because you feel like getting your money back.
like just deciding one day you'd rather go on vacation so you want a refund, not the blimp project not getting enough funds to go forth.
i highly doubt it will fall through though. we are the grassroots of ron paul, and we can do anything. unfortunatly you don't think this and feel everyone is getting scammed and has ill intent. lighten up, youre not donating. let it stay at that.

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
"Really, if we can keep this up, we will get an incredible number of new users on here, and that will be worth something too :D Welcome aboard, #6."

dear beFranklin,
not sure what you mean by that... i joined before you did.

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Also, why do you keep berating everyone? It's not like the blimp is taking any of your money.

This isn't their board to make money and start their company.

It's the board for the grassroots to work together to get Dr Paul elected.

If they want to go somewhere, make enough money to pay for the blimp,

come back and donate it to the grassroots like everyone else is with their projects ect. Fine. Great. God Bless 'em.

Nobody here but THEM ask for money to pay themselves. Most of us are making tremendous personal sacrifices to volunteer for Dr Paul.

I've got a lot of real work to do. Which, by the way, I'm not making a penny on, in fact, it's costing me a lot of money that I can't afford to spend.

I've explained enough for anyone to understand.

If you still have trouble comprehending my points, maybe just re-read everything I've already written.

l8tr

Delain
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
It stops being "grassroots and volunteering" when you GET PAID FOR IT. Understand?

Yes I do. And because of that you dont want them or the project on these forums anymore, correct? Close the Ron Paul Blimp subforum?

>> Forum Feedback & Ideas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
"
dear beFranklin,
what do you think this is, a private surf beach?.

I'd like to think it was a forum of serious discussion, but it hasn't been today!

Mark
12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes I do. And because of that you dont want them or the project on these forums anymore, correct? Close the Ron Paul Blimp subforum?

>> Forum Feedback & Ideas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)

No, just stop trying to support themselves with what they claim is a "volunteer effort".

I'm out.

macdee
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
The "NO REFUND" clause doesn't sit well with me. But I hoping their going to review this issue. There is no point in me taking on ALL the RISK of the project if the blimp doesn't fly. That’s like saying, if they don't produce what was agreed upon in good faith, I'm shit out of luck! I loose 100 percent of my donation! Boy... Doesn't that sound fair?

Why should I take on one hundred percent of the risk? If that’s the case, no one is responsible for anything! Why would I give money to someone that is NOT responsible? It confounds my common sense. And I don't have an answer to that but to get more information. Or strike a better deal somewhere else.

A good nights sleep won't convince me that I have to take on 100 percent of the risk. I'm a hopeless believer in a grass roots campaign efforts, but I expect those collecting the funds to be responsible in producing results with my money. If it's a "NO REFUND" policy, then they have no responsibility or incentive to produce the desired results. Explain this to me, please.

This is very basic business principals that all honest agreements follow. Enough said. I don't need to explain this again. I’m going to sleep for the night. Think I'll buy some gold.

homah
12-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I can't believe there are still typos in the FAQ. It would take 5 minutes to proofread and correct the errors. Tons of people are going to read that and assume this is an organization that doesn't have its act together. When you're raising money like this, having a professional looking website counts for something.

JohnnyWrath
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
My point was, and is, that Trevor and Elijah have started their own company....they are no longer volunteers, they are a for profit company, and after that the whole blimp website changed.,..

I would like to know what we are paying their company for this project??

Understand? They are now a company....not individuals on a website, they are a for profit company, and I am curious what they are charging us for their services??

The way it looks now, we just donate all we can endlessly, and they do the project and keep all extra as profit.

How much is your company charging for this project? Trevor? Elijah?

HOW MUCH WILL YOU MAKE? (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MediaTeam.php)

LBT
12-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I've got nothing against these guys getting a salary. Probably something like $800-$1000 per week so people don't get too envious. If the project is a success, it would be one huge asset for the resume.

Campaign staff receive salaries and we don't question their loyalty. Sometimes their competence perhaps;)

This is a special grassroots effort and requires great investments of time, hopefully over a long period. To give it a chance of working we must accept that those who go full time on this project are not going poor in the process. We know Trevor has done a hell of a lot for the campaign already, and completely voluntary. Why shouldn't we chow our appreciation for people who make huge contributions to the campaign?

As for refunds, this needs to be addressed. There are probably set start up costs that need to be accounted for. These organizers are taking a risk and so must the contributors to some degree. There may need to be a sliding rule on refunds.
e.g. If project is cancelled by Dec.15th, monies raised over the amount of $50,000 will be divided amongst contributors and refunded. Any excess remaining will be contributed to x,y,z chip in projects.

It might need to be more complex that this, depending on where and when expenses are coming into the project and what date deadlines they have.

Bakkhus
12-02-2007, 01:13 AM
this is the wrong approach and the wrong logic. the whole thing about advertising and branding, which is basically what we're doing, is to make positive associations... I feel as if you are putting your faith in some people who claim to have credentials or experience in public relations/ marketing/advertisement, but i'm telling you, they are wrong. From a practical standpoint, the blimp will get more donations if more people like the message on the blimp... and from a marketing standpoint, we need to be enforcing the idea that ron paul is a serious candidate.

Absolutely correct. As someone with years of senior level marketing and brand management experience, I have to agree with posters that the current message is deeply flawed. The past positive message of "Peace, Prosperity, and Freedom" was right on target for the average American and the best one to help build the "Ron Paul" brand. Whoever convinced Elijah to abandon it was giving bad advice.

Hook
12-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Absolutely correct. As someone with years of senior level marketing and brand management experience, I have to agree with posters that the current message is deeply flawed. The past positive message of "Peace, Prosperity, and Freedom" was right on target for the average American and the best one to help build the "Ron Paul" brand. Whoever convinced Elijah to abandon it was giving bad advice.

QFT

JayCANelson
12-02-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm fine with whatever message is put on the blimp. But I'd disagree with the inclusion of 'for President' to turn people off. Yes, that would turn people off through most mediums. But this blimp-advertising is so novel, I'd doubt anyone would care.

And people, why would you complain about having the old graphics vs. new. Save your energy for canvassing.

michaelwise
12-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Then I'll just double my pledge.

noztnac
12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
It's "lose" not "loose".

...as in lose pledges.

TooConservative
12-02-2007, 04:05 AM
The artwork is in production? :confused: ...and nobody even knows for certain that there is going to be enough funds donated to cover the cost of the blimp? Who is footing the bill for this artwork to already be "in production"?

I am not taking any sides here....just seems odd.

It starts to sound like a hard sell. The answers provided aren't encouraging.

Four lawyers hired, artwork "in production", etc. This thing is turning into quite a huge production for a flying billboard.

I think a traditional billboard campaign or efforts like the very nice USAToday ad look a lot better now.

Why didn't anyone tell the donors all this other stuff up front?

DealzOnWheelz
12-02-2007, 05:17 AM
ELIJAH

Ron Paul for President 2008 is a must!!! The reason is because we are at a crucial moment in the campaign. So the next step is Branding the campaign. Who is Ron Paul? and Google Ron PAul are great around college campuses. But the people that don't have internet access won't have any clue. The other reason is when a person see's the official campaign logo on the blimp saying Ron Paul for President 08 and then they drive past a Campaign sign they will remember the blimp. Your Retention Rate just doubled and then every other time they see another sign it gets ingrained even more.

RonPaul2012grassroots
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM

This is precisely why we have "Ron Paul" as the most predominate aspect of all our artwork. We are trying to build a sense of familiarity. It is really no different than selling soap, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. The blimp is ancillary to other advertising and activities, e.g. placing signs & banners, canvassing/precinct walking, passing out DVDs, push cards, & slimjims, working events, youtube videos, rallies, sign waves, etc., etc. It should not be the focus and cannot reasonably be expected to be the focus.

I suggest the dropping of the 'messaging'. It is a waste of space. I also suggest the boldness and size be boosted for maximum visibility at a distance. As noted, you don't see other advertisers attempting to message on the same space.

IMO

Also, you will note on our artwork we have eliminated the "for", as it conveys a negative subliminal.

http://www.ronpaulgrassrootshq.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/7cf645671a122867f5f61d4f51131994.png

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I suggest the dropping of the 'messaging'. It is a waste of space. I also suggest the boldness and size be boosted for maximum visibility at a distance. As noted, you don't see other advertisers attempting to message on the same space.

Yes!

And get rid of that damned question mark and the scribbled and carated/inserted "Who Is" which nobody would be able to see anyway--i.e., nobody would see it except the press who would feature it as an example of pathetic anti-social Randian outsiders--whose only hope is to escape to a fantasy gultch (or their mothers' basements).

But it doesn't look like its going to happen anyway. Well, it was a great idea and fun while it lasted.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-02-2007, 11:18 AM
The Metlife/Snoopy design would have been a great model. "Ron Paul" and then a big RP Face similar to the stenciled ones on all of our signs (but nicer).

Man from La Mancha
12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
The Metlife/Snoopy design would have been a great model. "Ron Paul" and then a big RP Face similar to the stenciled ones on all of our signs (but nicer).
But with out the picture the letters would of been bigger.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, that would be fine too. But you notice that all three of the professional examples above combine a graphic/logo with their monster name somehow--and we've been doing that with all of our stenciled signage around town.

AAjax
12-02-2007, 02:43 PM

There is some truth to this. When it became for-profit I think it may have jumped the shark.

I truly hope not, however I think Ill hold off donating until I'm assured of just one thing.

Will I get my money back if it dosent fly in time for the tea party?

If the answer is yes, than you've got my contribution.

Bakkhus
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I suggest the dropping of the 'messaging'. It is a waste of space. I also suggest the boldness and size be boosted for maximum visibility at a distance. As noted, you don't see other advertisers attempting to message on the same space. http://www.ronpaulgrassrootshq.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/7cf645671a122867f5f61d4f51131994.png

What people are forgetting in believing that dropping the message was a good idea is that the blimp's function is to both draw the attention of the people on the ground and the media (especially local media). An argument could be made that the media attention actually trumps the attention of people on the ground who largely may ignore the blimp, their lives being already so ad-saturated. Thus with the message you are leading the local media to focus their attention on the three primary pillars of Paul's campaign: Peace (the only candidate campaigning to bring our troops home from all over the world), Prosperity (the only candidate campaigning to back our currency with hard assets), and Freedom (the only candidate to vote against the Patriot Act and the only candidate who believes in the sanctity of personal freedoms and liberty across the board). The idea that any other republican primary candidate (as some posters have argued) could run on these pillars is unfounded. And it is these three things (peace, prosperity, and freedom) which the average American is most concerned about at this time. While the "Revolution" logo is nice for certain marketing/PR activities, it isn't appropriate here, as it needs to be kept in mind that most Americans don't want a revolution; that idea scares them; and, as such, they find some of Paul's ideas pretty scary and too radical. To ease these fears it is better to promote the positive aspects that will result from Paul's platform--and his belief that there is "a lot of good in the American" people which can effect change abroad much more effectively than at the point of a gun.