PDA

View Full Version : Colorado’s Beloved, Anti-Drug Ex-Sheriff Gets Prison Time For Meth

green73
06-23-2014, 06:21 AM
America's best sheriff will soon be on the other side of the prison bars.

The Arapahoe County ex-sheriff once beloved for his anti-drug crusades will spend 15 months locked up — for probation violations on his 2012 meth conviction.

On Thursday, a judge sentenced Pat Sullivan, who once won the national "Sheriff of the Year" title, to more than a year in prison. Last month, the 71-year-old admitted to failing and missing drug tests, the Denver Post reported

Judge William Sylvester said Sullivan skipped 26 urine tests in his two years on probation. Another 10 tested positive for meth or alcohol.

"I have a drug problem, and I have had a drug problem for a long time," Sullivan said in court. "All I can do is live a better life from today."

[video]

The ex-officer was convicted in 2012 for trading meth for sex. In 2011, cameras caught him offering the drug as payment to an male informant, who was undercover as a prostitute.

He was sentenced to 38 days in jail and two years of probation, Denver's 9 News reported.

But during that probation, Sullivan found excuses to skip regular drug tests and flunked many of the few he took, probation officer Hallie Miller said.

Once, he told police his neighbor drugged him. Another time, he said he was on vitamins that rendered the positive results.

cont.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/colo-ex-sheriff-prison-time-probation-violations-article-1.1837442

Seraphim
06-23-2014, 06:49 AM
I wonder how many 20 somethings are rotting in a jail cell for some pot because of this POS hypocrite.

Occam's Banana
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
I wonder how many 20 somethings are rotting in a jail cell for some pot because of this POS hypocrite.

And for a hell of a lot longer than a mere 38 days and a couple of years of probation ...

JustUsThem

COpatriot
06-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Probably not very many since weed was decriminalized here long before we legalized it. Speaking of legal weed, I bought some over the weekend and it is phenomenal. But yeah fuck this guy.

Sadly, our own badass sheriff who stood up to the gun-grabber assholes in Denver is caught up in a sex scandal. They're trying to push him out of office even though his successor is running unopposed and will be elected this year.

DamianTV
06-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I love Irony, its delicious!

LibForestPaul
06-23-2014, 05:00 PM
He was sentenced to 38 days in jail and two years of probation, Denver's 9 News reported.

But during that probation, Sullivan found excuses to skip regular drug tests and flunked many of the few he took, probation officer Hallie Miller said.

So, during his tenure as officer, no drug tests were required for continued employment?