PDA

View Full Version : Professor Axed for Calling Climate Change 'Unproved Science'

Ronin Truth
06-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Professor Axed for Calling Climate Change 'Unproved Science'

Dr. Caleb Rossiter was removed from his post as an Associate Fellow at the progressive Institute for Policy Studies days after a newspaper published his opinion piece calling man-made global warming an "unproved science."

Rossiter is an adjunct professor at American University in Washington, D.C. He has taught courses on climate statistics, and holds a Ph.D. in policy analysis and a master's degree in mathematics.

In a Wall Street Journal article published on May 4, he urged an expansion of carbon-based energy in Africa.

"I started to suspect that the climate-change data were dubious a decade ago while teaching statistics," he wrote. "Computer models used by the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to determine the cause of the six-tenths of one degree Fahrenheit rise in global temperatures from 1980 to 2000 could not statistically separate fossil-fueled and natural trends.

"The left wants to stop industrialization — even if the hypothesis of catastrophic man-made global warming is false.

"We are not rationing our electricity. Why should Africa?"

He concludes that it would be "terrible to think that so many people in the West" would block carbon-based energy in Africa "in the name of unproved science."

On May 7, Rossiter received an email from the Institute for Policy Studies, which describes itself as "a community of public scholars and organizers linking peace, justice, and the environment" in the United States and globally.

It began: "Dear Caleb, We would like to inform you that we are terminating your position as an Associate Fellow.

"Unfortunately, we now feel that your views on key issues, including climate science, climate justice, and many aspects of U.S. policy to Africa, diverge so significantly from ours that a productive working relationship is untenable."

In an exclusive interview with the Climate Depot website, Rossiter said: "If people ever say that fears of censorship from 'climate change' views are overblown, have them take a look at this: Just days after I published a piece in The Wall Street Journal calling for Africa to be allowed the 'all of the above' energy strategy we have in the U.S., the Institute for Policy Studies terminated my 23-year relationship with them.

"I have tried to get [IPS] to discuss and explain their rejection of my analysis," he said. "When I countered a claim of 'rapidly accelerating' temperature change with the IPCC's own data, showing the nearly 20-year temperature pause, the best response I ever got was 'Caleb, I don't have time for this.'"

On May 13, Rossiter wrote a blog on his own website headlined "The debate is finally over on 'global warming' — because nobody will debate."

He wrote: "My blood simply boils too hot when I read the blather, daily, about climate catastrophe.

"Obama has long been delusional on this issue, speaking of a coming catastrophe. But he really went off the chain in his State of the Union address this year: 'For the sake of our children and our future.'"

//

angelatc
06-22-2014, 08:03 AM
//

Did you forget the link?

pcosmar
06-22-2014, 08:15 AM
'Unproved Science'

Pseudoscience is the correct term.

A Son of Liberty
06-22-2014, 08:17 AM
What the fuck is 'climate justice', and what kind of jackass references such a bogus concept?

osan
06-22-2014, 08:40 AM
What the fuck is 'climate justice'

Codespeak justification for any arbitrary outrage foisted upon people, what else?

and what kind of jackass references such a bogus concept?

Obama?

Progressives?

Ignoramuses?

The corrupt?

Candy-asses?

Dumb-asses?

The list goes on awhile, but perhaps the point is made.

Ronin Truth
06-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Did you forget the link? Nope, it didn't have one. It was in a Newsmax email. I'll go to Google and find you a link for your scrapbook.

Update: On second thought, you can choose your own favorite link. https://www.google.com/search?q=Dr.+Caleb+Rossiter&hl=en&gbv=2&oq=Dr.+Caleb+Rossiter&gs_l=heirloom-serp.12...0.0.0.109578.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0.. .1ac..34.heirloom-serp..0.0.0.VD9p6xhlCf0

KCIndy
06-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Here's a link about the story from Breitbart:
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/13/Climate-McCarthyism-claims-yet-another-victim (warning: this page starts running some annoying audio/video immediately upon opening)

and an editorial about the situation from Investor's Business Daily:
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061614-704895-caleb-rossiter-fired-for-climate-views.htm?ven=rss

And the WSJ article that started it all:
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061614-704895-caleb-rossiter-fired-for-climate-views.htm?ven=rss

Danke
06-23-2014, 11:35 AM
bump

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-23-2014, 11:21 PM
What the fuck is 'climate justice', and what kind of jackass references such a bogus concept?

Where's lib troll PRB? I'm sure he'll be along shortly to explain.

PaulConventionWV
06-24-2014, 03:06 AM

The same people who reference the patriarchy, social justice, rape culture, "homophobia", etc, etc.

Czolgosz
06-24-2014, 04:30 AM
Nothing unexpected.

osan
06-24-2014, 09:16 AM
The same people who reference the patriarchy, social justice, rape culture, "homophobia", etc, etc.

And the ever popular "white privilege".

PaulConventionWV
06-24-2014, 09:27 AM
And the ever popular "white privilege".

Ah, yes, how could I forget straight, white male privilege?