PDA

View Full Version : Mom irate after police stun, shoot son during fight

Suzanimal
06-21-2014, 12:42 PM
So far I've haven't found any charges against the guy...
How much you wanna bet the cops were pissed cuz he wasn't paying them off. (A bunch of Atlanta's finest got busted for that awhile back.)

The officers are fine, they're recuperating on paid leave.

ATLANTA —

A mother is outraged after her 22-year-old son was stunned and shot by Atlanta police during a fight in northeast Atlanta.

The shooting happened on Boulevard just before 7 p.m. Friday. Police said Desmond Hunter had a gun, but witnesses and his mother question why officers needed to shoot him. He was among a group involved in suspected drug activity, investigators said.

Two police officers approached the men to investigate the suspected drug activity. They noticed Hunter had a gun and got into a struggle with him. During the fight, one of the officers stunned him with a Taser. Eventually, one of the officers opened fire on the man, shooting him in the back.

Saddiuia Wright said went to the scene to confront officers about the shooting.

“I got a phone call from my oldest son about it,” she said. “I want to know who caused bodily harm to him.”

A witness said she didn't believe Hunter was a threat after being stunned by a Taser.

"When I crossed the street the police officers was already on the ground like they were hitting him. He was already shot by then," the witness said.

Police said they recovered a gun at the scene and are investigating the use of force.

Hunter is in stable condition at Atlanta Medical Center.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-officer-opens-fire-man-ne-atlanta/ngP4w/