PDA

View Full Version : Blimp needs transparency!

theantirobot
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I just got over to the new blimp site. It looks slick, but a little too slick if you know what I mean. Blimp could be effective in two ways. The first, of coarse, is a blimp flying around. The second is showing others how crowds can organize to achieve things. Let us see how our money is spent, every detail, where it's going, who's earning profit and how much. This is the only way I'll donate. Give us absolute transparency!

slantedview
12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Transparency/more details are coming. The site will be updated frequently over the next few days.

Abobo
12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Transparency/more details are coming. The site will be updated frequently over the next few days.

Off-topic, but I just wanted to say you're doing a great job with the site :D

alexpasch
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
The site needs clarification/transparency on:

1. The budget, line item by line item (INCLUDE A DOLLAR FIGURE FOR GETTING THIS THING OFF THE GROUND AND A DEADLINE)
2. Whether non-US citizens can buy ad space on the blimp (from what I understand, since this is an LLC now that should not be a problem)
3. Clarify the "for-profit" nature of this firm...esp. given that purchases are not refundable...you can't have it both ways...either increase transparency or allow for refunds.

All the members of the legal team should be wearing suits or other professional attire in their pictures.

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I understand this is being assembled quickly, by volunteers with probably no experience managing a business ... There will be some rough spots. But I do hope that the nagging questions get resolved.

Nearly all of the RP publicity stunts have succeeded. But this one sounds like a lot to "get off the ground" .. and I cringe coming here to read, for fear of seeing some kind of conflict or miscommunication that overcomes everything.

moberley
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
2. Whether non-US citizens can buy ad space on the blimp (from what I understand, since this is an LLC now that should not be a problem)

The formal status of the organization behind the Ron Paul really has no impact on the legalality of taking funds from non-US citizens. Yes, it is true that Liberty Advertising is not a political committee but they *are* selling a political product. That is why anyone who contributes is legally required to file their own expenditures with the FEC. The activities are still regulated, just not in the same way.

I would expect that most traditional American media outlets (like newspapers) would also not sell one candidate advertising to non-US citizens.

I am not affiliated with this project or Liberty Political Advertising and I'm not a lawyer. This is just my opinion.

tamor
12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
A very big thank you to the group of people who are going to make this actually happen. I know it is frustrating when differences of opinion are strongly expressed. But someone has to take the lead to get it done. Remember, the more people involved the more difficult it is to get an agreement. And we have many people on the forums. Thank you again - please do not get discouraged.

theantirobot
12-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Those involved are doing a stellar job. I have total faith that we will have a Ron Paul Blimp. This whole thing is really amazing. This blimp important in so many ways. If people can see things such as this organized, in so little time, with so little collective effort, what else can we imagine possible?

LBT
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the update.

Personally I'd like to see it run as a successful business, but I expect a lot of people won't pledge until they are assured of transparency and convinced that the money is being spent wisely.

Continued good luck. If this works it will revolutionize political fundraising. Just another feather in the Ron Paul grassroots cap.