PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Throttles Dr. Paul?

jjschless
06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I can't help but think that YouTube is squelching Dr. Paul. I am on YouTube everyday for a couple hours and I check every day for new Ron Paul vids and such by searching via top rated.

Normally Dr Paul vids are at the top of the list. Consistently there are a bunch of Dr. Paul vids on the first page. Since they removed the category filter from searches and most especially within the last day or so there are very very few Dr. Paul vids anywhere on the first 5 pages when searched via top rated.

There are several new vids that came out, even today and they have a great number of views and ratings already.

I really hope I don't come off as paranoid but after getting the same results for months straight, something smell fishy here.

Tina
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
They changed the whole format from what I understand. Many are angry about it.

Shink
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't like the sound of that...

smtwngrl
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Hmm. I, too, search often, and I don't think it's that much of a problem. Of course, I usually search for "ron paul" , and then click on "date added" to find the most recent ones.

It's true, there are more and more videos there. A few weeks ago, there were 700+, now there are 4000. (At the same Ron had 700, I searched "Giuliani" out of curiosity, and he had 29. Wonder how many he has now?)

I think as the number grows, there are more of them that are supporters (and some non-supporters) talking about Ron Paul. There are also videos that have "Ron Paul" in the keywords, and they don't directly have to do with Ron Paul. I don't know why people do that---to get more traffic perhaps?

In any case, if you want to find something specific, such as a program he was on, it might be easier to search by his name and a keyword from the name of the show.

winston84
06-28-2007, 03:13 AM
For some reason alot of the viewer counts on RP's videos are stuck. And what ever happened to the Honors section!?

Trance Dance Master
06-28-2007, 03:37 AM
There are also videos that have "Ron Paul" in the keywords, and they don't directly have to do with Ron Paul. I don't know why people do that---to get more traffic perhaps?I've noticed this too. They're trying to pick up a few viewers on the Ron Paul buzz.

Jim Palmisano
06-28-2007, 05:47 AM
That's what the Ron Paul Meetup Groups are designed for. Get off the computer and the telephone and get Grassroots campaigning going. The Ron Paul Revolution "Overnight" is designed just for this. If you're not familiar with this campaign then go to the Forums at restoretherepublic.com and select the "Ron Paul Overnight" thread.

cajuncocoa
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
That's what the Ron Paul Meetup Groups are designed for. Get off the computer and the telephone and get Grassroots campaigning going. The Ron Paul Revolution "Overnight" is designed just for this. If you're not familiar with this campaign then go to the Forums at restoretherepublic.com and select the "Ron Paul Overnight" thread.

Good suggestions. That's what went wrong with the Howard Dean campaign. They worked the Internet well, but relied on it too much.

Turn the computer off and do something local! :)