PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul discusses Iraq on Hannity 6/19

jct74
06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
THURSDAY'S BRIEFING

Rep. Jason Chaffetz discusses the IRS e-mail scandal. Plus Sen. Rand Paul on how the president is handling Iraq. And a preview of our primary coverage

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXEjP9gGB8

jct74
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
bump

Crashland
06-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Rand will be on after the break

supermario21
06-19-2014, 08:20 PM
WTG Rand take it to Hannity!

Crashland
06-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Rand didn't back down. Hannity didn't like it :)

Bastiat's The Law
06-19-2014, 08:34 PM
tubez

Vanguard101
06-19-2014, 08:54 PM
I came late AGAIN. As usual

mosquitobite
06-19-2014, 08:57 PM
tubez

Please!

RabbitMan
06-19-2014, 08:58 PM
tooobsssssss

supermario21
06-19-2014, 08:59 PM

mad cow
06-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the tube Mario,no cable. Rand did a masterful job on that interview.

mosquitobite
06-19-2014, 09:13 PM
That.was.awesome.

georgiaboy
06-19-2014, 09:50 PM
stick to those guns.

satchelmcqueen
06-19-2014, 09:59 PM
my prediction.....

in a short month or two, shawn hannity will start to attack rand and call him a weak candidate. rand didnt masturbate to the thought of more war as much as hannity would have liked.

Spikender
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Impressive. It's always nice to see Hannity get offended when someone isn't salivating about warfare.

DP714
06-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. Rand remained bold and firm, and dare I say, he was not "political" about it at all. Hannity kept pressing it, but Rand did not yield an inch...but is it just me or did his facial expressions show a bit more discomfort/uneasiness than in really any of his interviews thus far? Idk whether or not he was stumped by Hannity constantly trying to get him to agree with him, but Hannity was just being his usual old self. I guess this was the first time Rand was really completely at odds against him, and had to deal with something similar to what his father had to deal with (though he had it much easier than Ron ever did). It makes me appreciate what Ron endured even more, and I can hardly fault him for not always be able to word things the best way, or not have the best delivery of his arguments, etc, when even Rand, in my opinion, was kinda flustered, even if just briefly, as to just how to deal with this brand of idiocy. Maybe I'm thinking too far into this and Rand expected it to be the way it was.

Crashland
06-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Interesting how Hannity criticizes Obama for pulling out too early. Earth to Hannity: 8 YEARS of occupation isn't long enough? If you have to occupy a country for 8 years and it still isn't stable, it isn't going to happen in the next 8. No one would have supported the war if they knew we would have to be there for 8+ years funneling money and lives into a black hole. Instead of going to war we could have even sent a 500 billion dollar bonus check to go to our actual national defense, and compared to where we are now we would have come out *way* ahead in money, lives, and defense.

Shane Harris
06-19-2014, 10:51 PM
God I hate Hannity. He deserves snowballs everyday

Crashland
06-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. Rand remained bold and firm, and dare I say, he was not "political" about it at all. Hannity kept pressing it, but Rand did not yield an inch...but is it just me or did his facial expressions show a bit more discomfort/uneasiness than in really any of his interviews thus far? Idk whether or not he was stumped by Hannity constantly trying to get him to agree with him, but Hannity was just being his usual old self. I guess this was the first time Rand was really completely at odds against him, and had to deal with something similar to what his father had to deal with (though he had it much easier than Ron ever did). It makes me appreciate what Ron endured even more, and I can hardly fault him for not always be able to word things the best way, or not have the best delivery of his arguments, etc, when even Rand, in my opinion, was kinda flustered, even if just briefly, as to just how to deal with this brand of idiocy. Maybe I'm thinking too far into this and Rand expected it to be the way it was.

I agree, Rand needs to work on the face to face confrontations when the right criticizes his foreign policy. He was great in the op-ed, and still stood firm in the interview but he did not look as comfortable as he could be in the interview.

Spikender
06-19-2014, 11:11 PM
I agree, Rand needs to work on the face to face confrontations when the right criticizes his foreign policy. He was great in the op-ed, and still stood firm in the interview but he did not look as comfortable as he could be in the interview.

He might have had a wedgie.

Rocco
06-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Rand also did some dodging on the question of whether it was right to withdraw the troops, which in all honesty was a good move on his part. If asked in the future he should give similar answers about how he never would have gone in and would not now.

radiofriendly
06-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Brilliant line to serve a neocon, "I don't want American troops fighting alongside Iranians." Well played, sir. Well played.
http://i.imgur.com/zzSDo.gif

alucard13mm
06-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Sean is so gonna turn on Rand in 2016... you can smell the musk from Sean's sweat.

lakerssuck92
06-20-2014, 12:43 AM
I was starting to get worried that Rand was becoming more wishy-washy on foreign policy but it looks like from this interview he knows where his principles lie.

Feeding the Abscess
06-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Interesting how Hannity criticizes Obama for pulling out too early. Earth to Hannity: 8 YEARS of occupation isn't long enough? If you have to occupy a country for 8 years and it still isn't stable, it isn't going to happen in the next 8. No one would have supported the war if they knew we would have to be there for 8+ years funneling money and lives into a black hole. Instead of going to war we could have even sent a 500 billion dollar bonus check to go to our actual national defense, and compared to where we are now we would have come out *way* ahead in money, lives, and defense.

Obama didn't pull out. Bush signed an agreement with the Malaki government that ended in 2011. Obama tried to get an extension, the Iraqi government said no.

francisco
06-20-2014, 02:02 AM
God I hate Hannity. He deserves snowballs everyday

Why am I thinking of Tootsie Pops here?...You know, the round lollipops with a tootsie roll center.

francisco
06-20-2014, 02:29 AM
Rand pandering again, I see. \sarc

juleswin
06-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Obama didn't pull out. Bush signed an agreement with the Malaki government that ended in 2011. Obama tried to get an extension, the Iraqi government said no.

This cannot be said enough

+rep

Todd
06-20-2014, 05:08 AM
Rand pandering again, I see. \sarc

Please. Can you not see that guys like Hannity know what Rand is all about and is trying to expose it ever so slightly? He's starting to know that Rand is the son of Ron. It's only going to get uglier as Rand get's closer to running. The media game is one of chess. He'll be lucky if Fox news isn't a raging frothing at the mouth dog by 2016.

Sean is so gonna turn on Rand in 2016... you can smell the musk from Sean's sweat.

This^

specsaregood
06-20-2014, 05:10 AM
Please. Can you not see that guys like Hannity know what Rand is all about and is trying to expose it ever so slightly? He's starting to know that Rand is the son of Ron. It's only going to get uglier as Rand get's closer to running. The media game is one of chess. He'll be lucky if Fox news isn't a raging frothing at the mouth dog by 2016.

Better that Randal gets used to it now; this was a great warm-up interview for him.

Brett85
06-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Impressive interview. He didn't back down at all there, even though I know that he's worked hard to get people like Hannity to support him. But Hannity is still a frothing at the mouth neocon. It doesn't seem like anything will ever change that.

mosquitobite
06-20-2014, 07:08 AM
This was good practice.

Unfortunately, the better he does at these types of interviews, the less they will have him on- they want to tar and feather - not promote him.

Inkblots
06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Impressive interview. He didn't back down at all there, even though I know that he's worked hard to get people like Hannity to support him. But Hannity is still a frothing at the mouth neocon. It doesn't seem like anything will ever change that.

Anyone who remains a neocon at this point is a textbook case of invincible ignorance. Even though they're sadly over-represented in government and the media, it's still scary just how many of them are out there.

ClydeCoulter
06-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Shareworthy!

Spikender
06-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Better that Randal gets used to it now; this was a great warm-up interview for him.

Hopefully Rand will go through the ringer quite a few times, I want to see him get these interviews down to a science. Perfect the message and be able to smack down these talking heads.

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Making the world safe for democracy and promoting warfare abroad is a progressive idea. Hammer these Wilsonians over and over and hang them with it.

Brian4Liberty
06-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Hannity has been a ranting lunatic about this for the past couple of weeks. He has no use for reason or logic, he is just driven by blind emotion, fear and aggression.

This is for Hannity:

"America is losing the war in Iraq". How often have we heard that in the past couple of weeks? With all of the emotionalism and indignity that neoconservatives can muster, they have repeated that mantra. What is the undercurrent of that statement? It's a cheap, elementary school cry of "chicken". Obama is a chicken. Those who don't want to spend taxpayer money on policing the world are chicken. If you don't want to go full force into Iraq right now, you are a loser and a chicken.

"America is losing the war in Iraq". How ridiculous is that statement? How do you lose a war that you are not in? The US is not fighting in Iraq. There is no US military presence in Iraq. How can you lose a battle when you aren't present?

This is a policing the world issue. Any nation can have rebels and fighting. Does the US have to get involved? If you are a Big Brother authoritarian, it appears the urge to force others to do exactly as you prefer is as strong as the urge to paint your body and cheer for your team.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454303-America-is-losing-the-war-in-Iraq

Brian4Liberty
06-20-2014, 12:00 PM

But, but, but Obama should have forced Maliki to take our money and let us Police his country for him!

Hannity is in willful, ignorant denial.

ONUV
06-20-2014, 12:36 PM
hannity has a collection of bush and cheney's dingleberries.

Carlybee
06-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Making the world safe for democracy and promoting warfare abroad is a progressive idea. Hammer these Wilsonians over and over and hang them with it.

Boobus don't care

rp08orbust
06-21-2014, 07:11 AM
It sounds like Rand has been Paulzoned by Shammity. I'm afraid all interviews with him will go like this from now on until Jeb Bush is nominated.

cajuncocoa
06-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Is Hannity coming around yet?

Superfly
06-21-2014, 07:51 AM
It sounds like Rand has been Paulzoned by Shammity. I'm afraid all interviews with him will go like this from now on until Jeb Bush is nominated.
Interviews like this are absolutely necessary. This particular moment in time is maybe the most ripe for striking at the War Party. The notion of re-invading Iraq is extremely unpopular. This will only enhance Rand's "brand". I also think the more these commentators get the sense that their views are unpopular, the more they'll bend...they're not exactly the most strong willed people.

limequat
06-21-2014, 08:03 AM
The media is appealing to Republicans stoic idealism with lines like:

"We are losing the war..."
"We cut and run..."
"We break it, we buy it..."

limequat
06-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Also, the name of the game is destabilization. It should be more obvious now then ever. Cheney himself predicted the chaos that would ensue if we invaded Iraq. This is NOT an unintended consequence, it was the predicted and desired outcome: endless war. Obama -no saint himself- was put in a catch 22. Pull out of Iraq and be blamed for the resulting mess, or stay and be blamed for continuing Bush's war.

The damage that is done cannot be undone. Thousands of Americans dead, and 100s of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians. The only thing to do is to apologize and skulk away with our heads down.

klamath
06-21-2014, 08:38 AM
But, but, but Obama should have forced Maliki to take our money and let us Police his country for him!

Hannity is in willful, ignorant denial.I am hearing a bunch of democrats suddenly admit it was Bush the set the pullout date, not Obama. Before it was "Obama got us out of Iraq." Lot of partisan finger pointing.