PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Ron Paul Ad Challenge?

rs3515
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey there! Looks like there's been a few questions about this already. :) Sorry I haven't had a chance to give a full post until now.

I'm Ron Shimshock, and I served as the organizer for the CNN/YouTube Debate Ron Paul Ad Competition. This area will be the "idea sharing" thread for the Ron Paul Ad Challenge, where individuals and teams can collaborate. What is the Ron Paul Ad Challenge, you ask?

I have contacted many of the top producers from the Ad Competition and asked if they'd be interested in working in teams to create a few new ads between now and the holidays. Many of them are excited to do so. The goal is as follows:

Produce a 30 second ad targeted at the 40-55 year-old demographic in early primary states such as New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, Michigan, Florida, Wyoming and Nevada. I'll pass along the best of the best to the national campaign, and hopefully one or more will be worthwhile for them to use in their ad rotation!

The ads should have 24-26 seconds of content, and allow for 4-6 seconds for the verbal/written FEC disclaimers ("I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message."). We want them to be creative, but really do need to fit the 40-55 demographic. Final version needs to be in both YouTube and NTSC formats.

Financial rewards will be available to the creators of any ad used by the campaign.

Deadline is Sunday, December 23 at 11 PM Eastern. I look forward to seeing everyone's results!

hakenny
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
i think that we need to do mailings and callings with a very specific message...

however! i am a college student, and very dedicated New York Giants and Ron Paul fan so i know a lot about the super bowl and its commercials. i can honestly say that if you want ANY play it needs to be funny!

humor is the key to a good superbowl commercial. period. every good commercial of the past few years has been hilarious and as a result received TONS of replay on the internet. look no further than the beer companies' commercials. listen to the market on this one!

so my idea is that we should have a funny commercial that has people wearing ron paul clothing in it or something, then directs them to his campaign site instead of the traditional commercials he has been airing in the early primary states.

Harris

rs3515
12-01-2007, 04:54 PM
This is not an ad for the Super Bowl ... it is about creating an ad to reach the 40-55 demographic.

wesco23
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi, I made one of the cnn/youtube ads with hardly any time and low quality footage. can you put me in contact with the best of the best so i can discuss ideas with them?

BirdsAreWild
12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
This YouTube vid is great and would be wonderful if they could pare it down a bit to fit the time frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMyaharVpEs

mrpaulfan
12-16-2007, 04:58 AM
Here are my suggestions that I've sent to the campaign. Please forward to press@ronpaul20008.com if you like these ideas

MY SUGGESTION IS TO FOCUS ON DISSPELLING 3 MYTHS ABOUT RON PAUL WHILE BOLSTERING HIS IMAGE

1. MYTH: He's not "really" a republican
Answer: Spot that shows quotes from Ronald Reagan with pictures of when Ron campaigned for him. Ron does a voice over of what Ronald Reagan meant to him and what being a republican USED to stand for. Goldwater Jr endorsement. Endorsements from known republicans

Effect: Dispels myth while attaching Ron with of the greatest names in Republican party history

2. MYTH: He's "weak" on the war
Answer: Ron talks about what it was like to lose friends in the war and to treat guys who went into battle and never returned. Visual of serviceman on the phone with his wife. His young daughter in her arms. Spot ends with Ron saying "...Lets bring our men and women home safely and secure peace on our borders" with the visual of the Serviceman being greeted by his wife at the front door of their home. Tears of joy and hugs are shared.

Effect: Dispels myth while letting emotions of our military coming home really resonate. This spot will get a lot of Dems to reconsider and look at Ron Paul again.

3. MYTH: He's crazy
Answer: RON PAUL: "Some people think my ideas are a bit over the top. I remember when my views were considered normal in the republican party. Following the constitution. Small government. Freedom. Liberty. In my books crazy isnt defending the constitution. Flaky is not saving money and expecting to take care of our seniors who depend on social security while our country's debt skyrockets to over 40 TRILLION DOLLARS. Lets get serious about entitlements America. We need a sound domestic policy that will improve our kids educations, fund medicare and reduce taxes. With me as your president I'll make sure that the job gets done."

Effect: dispels myth by showing that he's not crazy but just a patriotic American you can trust. Someone whos got principles and a realistic strategy for funding senior care

Rebel Resource
12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
...giant beams of light represent the fallen WTC towers on city skyline

In 2008, America seeks a new face.

...design for WTC replacement crossed with panning b&w photos of clintons and bushes

But from either side, they just don't seem all that different.

...b&w shot of rudy and mccain joking in debate

Ron Paul is an old face in Washington with a fresh new outlook for America’s future.

...low ground shot of Ron tying his shoelaces in the morning light.

For forty years, he’s sought to abolish the income tax!

...shots of Ron’s face as he strides purposefully out the door.

He sees how America’s foreign policy keeps on rebounding in our own faces.

...katrina scenes of national guards obviously undermanned
...or a b&w shot of the terror alert rising from high to maximum

Ron Paul promises to recover small government and full constitutionality; a budget surplus and full liberty for Americans.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Here are my suggestions that I've sent to the campaign. Please forward to press@ronpaul20008.com if you like these ideas

MY SUGGESTION IS TO FOCUS ON DISSPELLING 3 MYTHS ABOUT RON PAUL WHILE BOLSTERING HIS IMAGE

1. MYTH: He's not "really" a republican
Answer: Spot that shows quotes from Ronald Reagan with pictures of when Ron campaigned for him. Ron does a voice over of what Ronald Reagan meant to him and what being a republican USED to stand for. Goldwater Jr endorsement. Endorsements from known republicans

Effect: Dispels myth while attaching Ron with of the greatest names in Republican party history

2. MYTH: He's "weak" on the war
Answer: Ron talks about what it was like to lose friends in the war and to treat guys who went into battle and never returned. Visual of serviceman on the phone with his wife. His young daughter in her arms. Spot ends with Ron saying "...Lets bring our men and women home safely and secure peace on our borders" with the visual of the Serviceman being greeted by his wife at the front door of their home. Tears of joy and hugs are shared.

Effect: Dispels myth while letting emotions of our military coming home really resonate. This spot will get a lot of Dems to reconsider and look at Ron Paul again.

3. MYTH: He's crazy
Answer: RON PAUL: "Some people think my ideas are a bit over the top. I remember when my views were considered normal in the republican party. Following the constitution. Small government. Freedom. Liberty. In my books crazy isnt defending the constitution. Flaky is not saving money and expecting to take care of our seniors who depend on social security while our country's debt skyrockets to over 40 TRILLION DOLLARS. Lets get serious about entitlements America. We need a sound domestic policy that will improve our kids educations, fund medicare and reduce taxes. With me as your president I'll make sure that the job gets done."

Effect: dispels myth by showing that he's not crazy but just a patriotic American you can trust. Someone whos got principles and a realistic strategy for funding senior care

As someone who has voted Republican my whole life, I think these are fantastic ideas. I have been trying to convert my in-laws and these are some of their concerns, especially that Ron Paul is weak on the "War on Terror."

shane2
12-20-2007, 01:38 PM
From my posting today at...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=679098
...I'd like to see an ad that would do the following, understanding that...

We all know...

#1 - Most voters will not waste their vote on any candidate they are convinced could not win the primaries and/or could not beat the opposing parties candidate. Yes, some few do and will vote their conscious regardless, but reality is, overwhelmingly most don't.

#2 - The polls the media pushes are how the voters get the candidates supposed rankings of popularity and ultimate electability.

#3 - These polls are flawed and often grossly, if not criminally, so, but most voters do not know how badly they are being deceived in relying upon them.

#4 - If the voters knew what we know about these polls they would begin to discount and ignore them in ranking the popularity and electabilty of candidates.

#5 - If the voters knew how truly high Ron Paul would be ranked if the polls were accurate, a great many more then would both take a closer look at his message and many more then would also vote for him, perhaps twice or more as many!

#6 - Going into Iowa and NH primaries, no single event could more dramatically impact to the upside Ron Paul's % of the vote than our accomplishing #4 & #5 above.

Therefore, if this is not already a project being aggressively addressed elsewhere, I'm proposing we make it the highest priority to develop the following to do so immediately now to impact the Iowa and NH primaries:

Whether it is delivered to the voters in Iowa & NH via inserts or full page ads in newspapers, TV, radio, direct mail, handouts, email, etc., it will need a very bold title to cut throw all the clutter and voter burnout, something along the lines of:

IF THE POLLS HAD BEEN MISLEADING YOU,
WOULD YOU WANT TO FIND OUT NEXT WEEK,
AFTER VOTING, OR NOW BEFORE YOU DO?!?

The body of text, following the title above, would cover these four main points:

#1 - Short list of past examples of those low in early primary polls later winning.

#2 - Why polls often get it so wrong; sampling size, cell phones, new voters, independents, candidates left off, etc.

#3 - Example of this disconnect specifically regarding Ron Paul between polls and reality; RP straw polls, underreported historic record-breaking fundraising and meet-up groups showing immense grassroots support, left out of polls, etc.

#4 - Invite them to check out RP to see his positions for themselves that are so much more popular than polls may have led them to think, now that they have been shown both that polls are faulty, often fail to predict winners, and that RP is truly a very popular, viable, and electable candidate.

I'm convinced that many voters, once they discover that Ron Paul truly has great support and momentum, regardless of what polls say, will both then take a closer look at his positions to see why, and that many of them will then embrace and support him when they do. And, amongst those who already liked much of what they've heard about him, but had written him off as being unelectable, will reconsider.

Destroying the credibility of relying upon the polls is the key, even more so than sponsoring our own poll which likely would not get much press and be lost amongst all the others anyways.

We've all worked very hard to raise money and visibility and recruit support for Ron Paul and his message and there is tremendous momentum and IF the polls were accurate they would reflect that, but they are not and thus fewer see RP as a viable and electable candidate and look no further and will not consider him for their vote.

This project above is the single most important and essential strategy that will substantially raise the % of votes that Ron Paul will receive in Iowa and NH.

After those primaries, the actual vote count will erode the public's faith and reliance on polls, but until then voters will continue to rely upon them and vote only for the top contenders according to the polls, IF we fail to take this issue on and make this project our top priority for the next two weeks!

Make sense?

- Shane

rexsolomon
12-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Hello fellow Ron Paul Revolutionaries,

By far the MOST important authorized video that Dr. Paul needs is one that explains his 'Just War' philosophy - for the specific purpose of showing that he can be tough specifically against Osama bin Laden (who is still alive after TRILLIONS wasted on the wars and thousands of American soldiers maimed or killed) hopefully in the same way that the 'authorities' hunted down the killers at the Olympics - one by one, ruthlessly.

The most important goal of this ad is to steal votes from Guiliani, and to convert them into votes for Dr. Paul - ultimately winning for him the Republican nomination. This ad is absolutely essential towards achieving that goal.

Storyboard suggestion: A man (Matt Damon) comes into focus. He says: "I am voting for Ron Paul. I completely agree with his "Just War" philosophy. Dr. Paul firmly believes that we should go after the individuals who attacked us on 9/11 - but not have to invade and occupy other countries in doing so. Some of you may know me as Jason (Bourne). There are many other Americans such as I (a crowd of Americans of different ethnicities appear behind him - each wearing dark sunglasses [a good Oakley product placement] and not smiling) - we totally agree with Dr. Paul that there is a better way of dealing with terrorists. (Matt sits down, hands out of view checking firearms - sounds clicking in the background, talking continuously. Camera focuses on Matt's face) Make no mistake about it - Dr. Paul can be as tough as I am on terrorists. Dr. Paul advocates a CONSTITUTIONAL WAY of defending America. Vote for your freedom! Vote for Ron Paul!

Dr. Paul then appears (not smiling much) and says that he approved the message.

Matt Damon is strongly against the Iraq war. If you search YouTube you will even see him stating that Bush's of-age offspring should also be shipped off to Iraq. Some other actor may suffice if he is not 'available'.

I hope this idea resonates with you all because it will certainly be pivotal for Dr. Paul in winning the Republican nomination. We have to dispel the common notion that Dr. Paul is a sweet, totally non-aggressive pacifist - he does look and sound like it honestly. There is a saying 'when the going gets tough...' Can the public count on Dr. Paul to defend them against aggressors? We have to answer those doubts.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to all.

rexsolomon