PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to make acting debut in Atlas Shrugged movie

tsai3904
06-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Ron Paul to Make Acting Debut

Former congressman and three-time presidential candidate Ron Paul will make his acting debut in the third installment of the Atlas Shrugged film trilogy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The film also will feature several other prominent conservative personalities with little or no acting experience, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

"Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story — it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? is based on the final third of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, which tells the story of a U.S. economy in collapse due to taxation, overregulation and the demonization of those who have achieved more than their fair share of success.

Kaslow says that several small parts in the movie were written with well-known political figures in mind, but also with the assumption that he'd allow them to ad-lib. Paul and Beck, for example, are TV commentators covering the aftermath of a speech by one of the primary characters, John Galt, played by Kris Polaha.

"We told them it's better for us to be themselves, and we got some golden moments," Kaslow said. "We just showed Glenn Beck and Ron Paul our John Galt giving his speech, and told them to give their honest opinion."

More:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ron-paul-make-acting-debut-712922

Valli6
06-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who is John Galt? Ron Paul Outtakes (1:11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bN0kIJWalU

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? is based on the final third of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, which tells the story of a U.S. economy in collapse due to taxation, overregulation and the demonization of those who have achieved more than their fair share of success.Geez, they just couldn't help themselves...

No. They are demonized because they have achieved exactly their fair share.

KurtBoyer25L
06-19-2014, 10:58 AM
I wish he wouldn't do this. I respect Ayn Rand, but it's her most didactic and problematic book. And the movies are lousy.

specsaregood
06-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Geez, they just couldn't help themselves...
No. They are demonized because they have achieved exactly their fair share.

Uhm, I guess you could interpret it that way; but its telling the plot line of the novel and in the book they are demonized because they achieved "more". I think its an accurate statement, not an ideological one.

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Uhm, I guess you could interpret it that way; but its telling the plot line of the novel and in the book they are demonized because they achieved "more". I think its an accurate statement, not an ideological one.I disagree. I don't think it was intentional, but I think it's the way they view things and it slipped into the language. It's the "fair share" thing. Otherwise, the sentence would have just been "... demonization of those who have become successful."

specsaregood
06-19-2014, 11:11 AM
I disagree. I don't think it was intentional, but I think it's the way they view things and it slipped into the language. It's the "fair share" thing. Otherwise, the sentence would have just been "... demonization of those who have become successful."

but do they really demonize success in the novels? or demonize people that have too much property?

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
but do they really demonize success in the novels? or demonize people that have too much property?I think you are missing the point. The article didn't say they had too much property, it said they had "more than their fair share" of success. That suggests that there is a "fair share" and these people in the novel were demonized because they exceeded it. Perhaps it is just semantics, but it says something about the writer to word it in that way.

PAF
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
In part 3 of the Atlas Shrugged movie trilogy (September 12, 2014).

http://youtu.be/9bN0kIJWalU

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/ron-paul-movie-star/

"Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story — it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ron-paul-make-acting-debut-712922

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 11:56 AM
If you want to see Atlas Shrugged Part III, the first showing of it is on Friday in New Hampshire and it is free. If you aren't aware, many of the top leaders of the Atlas Society live in New Hampshire partly because of the Free State Project. There was a wonderful showing of Atlas Shrugged Part 2 in Nashua slightly connected to Liberty Forum. Now Atlas Shrugged Part III is making it's debut in New Hampshire as part of the 2014 Atlas Summit in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Hopefully a lot of folks from this Forum will see it, as it is Ron Paul's start in acting and free.

Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Premiere Moved to Larger Venue - Limited Free Tickets Available
Friday 8:30pm Movie Screening moved to the Cinemagic Theater in Merrimack NH

Based on the initial demand, we have moved Atlas Shrugged Part 3 to a large venue. There are a limited number of FREE tickets to this Friday's movie. Reserve Now!
You will have an unprecendented and exclusive opportunity to view and offer feedback on Atlas Shrugged Part III as it is in the process of final production. It'll be like sitting in the producer's chair as you view a full-length preview of Atlas Shrugged Part III.

The producers are interested in the reaction of fans as they prepare the film for public release September 12th. They know that Atlas Summit attendees can be expected to provide the insight of people who know and love the story of Atlas Shrugged and are eager to see the film succeed.

The centerpiece of the night's events will be a full-length preview of the film, courtesy of the film producers. Not a trailer, not a few scenes, but the full movie in an early screening.

A brief program before the event will include Associate Producer Scott DeSapio and consultant David Kelley. The speakers will share inside perspectives on the making and meaning of the film.

Viewers will be able to enjoy the full sweep and drama of the movie even though in some respects the film will be in draft (some scenes may not be completed, or they may lack the final music and color correction). This will be the earliest complete screening of Atlas Shrugged Part III.

Reserve Now!
before we run out of tickets.

In liberty,
Aaron Day, CEO
The Atlas Society

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlas-summit-2014-tickets-9363549629

wizardwatson
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
So Bruno doesn't count?

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 11:59 AM
So Bruno doesn't count?

He wasn't acting. He is acting in this movie, Atlas Shrugged Part III, that opens in New Hampshire on Friday for free.

wizardwatson
06-19-2014, 12:00 PM
He wasn't acting. He is acting in this movie, Atlas Shrugged Part III, that opens in New Hampshire on Friday for free.

I think you all are just discriminating against the LGBT community. I'm so tired of the anti-gay rhetoric on this forum.

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
I think you all are just discriminating against the LGBT community. I'm so tired of the anti-gay rhetoric on this forum.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/NovaReon/notsureifserious.jpg

PAF
06-19-2014, 12:04 PM
CaptUSA, are you still in Butler? If so, we are minutes apart. I tried to PM you but your box is full.

wizardwatson
06-19-2014, 12:04 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/NovaReon/notsureifserious.jpg

Not serious. Topical humor.

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM

Huh? According to Wikipedia, there are move self-described LGBT folks in New Hampshire per capita than any other state. It was the first state where the legislature legalized same sex marriage and the only state where a majority of Republicans in the house legislative body voted to have same sex marriage. NH was also the first state to try to get the state government out of marriage.

As for the horrible part of a movie that Ron Paul was in where fraud was committed against him, he wasn't acting.

wizardwatson
06-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Huh? According to Wikipedia, there are move self-described LGBT folks in New Hampshire per capita than any other state. It was the first state where the legislature legalized same sex marriage and the only state where a majority of Republicans in the house legislative body voted to have same sex marriage. NH was also the first state to try to get the state government out of marriage.

As for the horrible part of a movie that Ron Paul was in where fraud was committed against him, he wasn't acting.

Did you hear the Wooshing! sound?

THX 1138
06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
I wish he wouldn't do this. I respect Ayn Rand, but it's her most didactic and problematic book. And the movies are lousy.

Agreed.

FindLiberty
06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Did you hear the Wooshing! sound?

I noticed that hijacking sound too.

Now let's just go back to the pros and cons about getting Mouched out of things...

If you can't have Liberty, it's still better to be a moocher (Economic Dictator) than a moochie, amIright?

Carlybee
06-19-2014, 12:47 PM
I liked the movies

V3n
06-19-2014, 12:52 PM
I barely got through part 1.
I put on part 2 whenever I have trouble sleeping.
I hope part 3 is better!

wizardwatson
06-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I noticed that hijacking sound too.

Now let's just go back to the pros and cons about getting Mouched out of things...

If you can't have Liberty, it's still better to be a moocher (Economic Dictator) than a moochie, amIright?

That wasn't hijacking that was simply irreverence with respect to the topic at hand.

In that vein, if you want to label it as such, if I were to post on 99% of RPF threads I would hijack them all. Especially this one, if I were so inclined, which deals with RP's social life.

Discussing Ayn Rand is pointless just as discussing all the rest of the dead heros of this movement. There is nothing left to learn. We've got "edu-ma-cation" in this movement bleeding out our eyeballs. Action is about as far as it can be from this movement.

What's left is the die hard Christians waiting on God to use this earth like an etch a sketch and reboot it (I count myself among these) and intellectuals who like to marvel at their own words.

Over the last few years I feel that everything I want to post belongs in the vent. This world is rotten and corrupt in every sector and the only "hope" I have is that this is the way God intended it to go down.

Anyway, like I said, should probably be in the vent. I kind of took the hijacking and irreverence up a notch.

ifthenwouldi
06-19-2014, 01:36 PM
And I'm sure he'll immediately improve the collective acting abilities of the cast 100 times over. (The first two movies were mind-numbingly poor).

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 02:00 PM
If you want to see Atlas Shrugged Part III, the first showing of it is on Friday in New Hampshire and it is free. If you aren't aware, many of the top leaders of the Atlas Society live in New Hampshire partly because of the Free State Project. There was a wonderful showing of Atlas Shrugged Part 2 in Nashua slightly connected to Liberty Forum. Now Atlas Shrugged Part III is making it's debut in New Hampshire as part of the 2014 Atlas Summit in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Hopefully a lot of folks from this Forum will see it, as it is Ron Paul's start in acting and free.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlas-summit-2014-tickets-9363549629

New update from the CEO of the Atlas Society. This is current as of 10 minutes ago. There are only 6 free tickets left to the premiere of the top pro-liberty movie of 2014. The only movie of 2014 with Ron Paul in it. If you like movies and Ron Paul, this is your once chance in your life to do this. Don't let the amazing moment pass you by...

nayjevin
06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
And I'm sure he'll immediately improve the collective acting abilities of the cast 100 times over. (The first two movies were mind-numbingly poor).

I don't really understand... I thought the first one was surprisingly good, haven't seen the second one yet. I would like to have seen it on an unlimited budget, but I expected it to be really bad and was surprised.

nayjevin
06-19-2014, 02:22 PM

That is awesome. I wonder if it's at the theater that a Ron Paul supporter owns? We had a Ron Paul 2008 meeting at a theater, think it was in Nashua, maybe Manchester. That's where I met Ron Paul the 2nd and 3rd times. It was a fine-arts type theater that played independent films that don't make it to the big box office theaters.

specsaregood
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I barely got through part 1.
I put on part 2 whenever I have trouble sleeping.
I hope part 3 is better!

meh, I rather enjoyed them both.

amy31416
06-19-2014, 02:38 PM
I hope one of his lines involves something about "Tex-mess."

Ronin Truth
06-19-2014, 03:47 PM
So Bruno doesn't count?
That was my thought too. I guess it doesn't count. I thought he was great. Oscar material definitely.:D

V3n
06-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Curious. The folks who liked the movies, had you read the book first? I admit I haven't.

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Curious. The folks who liked the movies, had you read the book first? I admit I haven't.

There is only 1 book. I absolutely loved the first 2 movies. They were amazing! However, there is only 1 book. I didn't read it. Nevertheless, it is considered one of the most important books ever written.

torchbearer
06-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Who is Ron cast as?

Keith and stuff
06-19-2014, 05:03 PM
I liked the movies

Absolutely. The first 2 movies were great!

idiom
06-19-2014, 05:07 PM

I read and enjoyed the book, but is a book of philosophy first and strong characters second.

I think Jericho and Firefly were better representations of liberty, although there are not many good examples of success being demonized.

America is currently pretty happy about self-made billionaires, with movies like Jobs and The Social Network having huge audiences. There are calls from the extreme left to redistribute well and for fairness, but they are not even close to being mainstream.

Atlas shrugged is more about pride in being a 1%'er, and 99% of the problems coming from the 99%. While that is true of communism, its not what has befallen America at the moment. America is currently suffering from daylight robbery of everything that isn't nailed down, and 70%+ of the country is engaged in it from the very top to the very bottom.

thoughtomator
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
I think you are missing the point. The article didn't say they had too much property, it said they had "more than their fair share" of success. That suggests that there is a "fair share" and these people in the novel were demonized because they exceeded it. Perhaps it is just semantics, but it says something about the writer to word it in that way.

There IS a fair share - what you've earned by honest labor and trade.

Ronin Truth
06-19-2014, 05:54 PM

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gbv=2&q=atlas+shrugged+pdf&revid=1758737773&sa=X&ei=onejU-myC4KGyATOj4Fg&ved=0CHQQ1QIoBw

Henry Rogue
06-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Geez, they just couldn't help themselves...

No. They are demonized because they have achieved exactly their fair deserved share.
FIFY

specsaregood
06-19-2014, 06:11 PM

I liked the movies and have not read the book. I did read the fountainhead though way back in high school.

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I read the book first and here's the problem I see with the movie series.

The novel is long and is not suited to be watched that fast. You get the sense that everything is happening so rapidly, but in the books, it seems much more gradual since it takes you longer to read the pages. I think the budget affects things, but you'd have to be a magician director and producer to make it work. Sub-par acting doesn't help.

Still, I somewhat enjoyed watching the first two just to get an idea how another audience will be exposed to it. Also, still like The Fountainhead better.

Aratus
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
i've read the book. i liked I + II
so i must see III just to see him!

Keith and stuff
06-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Here is the most recent update on Ron Paul's acting debut. I hope everyone enjoys the free first showing tonight!

Atlas Shrugged Part III at Cinemagic Hookset tonight, Friday June 20

Some of you have been mis-informed about the location of tonight's special First Look at Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt?

Here is the correct information:

Join us at the Cinemagic & IMAX Hookset cinema for this exclusive screening of a pre-release version of the movie that will complete the Atlas Shrugged trilogy. The cinema’s address is 1226 Hooksett Road, Hooksett, NH 03106. Phone: 603 644-462. For those without cars, transportation will be provided.

The movie will start rolling at 8:30 p.m. If you can, arrive in plenty of time before them.

Atlas Summit conference attendees (but not free ticket holders) will have the option of taking free bus service to the movie (departing the Manchester Country Club at 7:50) and from the movie back to our conference hotel.

Free ticket holders must bring their EventBrite tickets or be prepared to show it electronically.

After the movie, Scott Desapio and David Kelley will take questions from the audience. We will depart the cinema by 11:00 p.m.

This will be the earliest complete screening of Atlas Shrugged Part III. Viewers will be able to enjoy the full sweep and drama of the movie even though in some respects the film will be in draft (some scenes may not be completed, or they may lack the final music and color correction).

The producers will be soliciting your reaction to the movie and your help promoting it.

Let's have an inspiring evening enjoying what for many of us will be a once-in-a-lifetime event.

acptulsa
06-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Who is Ron cast as?

No one who appears in the book.

IndianaPolitico
06-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Who is Ron cast as?

As Ron Paul. I think.

Keith and stuff
06-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Did you attend Atlas Shrugged Part III last night? Did you like it? What did you think Ron Paul's part?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10457745_10152480959502836_8195323713778906807_o.j pg

A New Hampshire State Rep. said it was a great movie.

jmdrake
07-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Ah great. So now I'll have to hear more crap about how Rand Paul was supposedly named for Ayn Rand. :rolleyes: