PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: ‘History Has Proven’ You Were Wrong on Iraq

jct74
06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: ‘History Has Proven’ You Were Wrong on Iraq

by Josh Feldman | 9:26 pm, June 18th, 2014

Former Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz sat down with Megyn Kelly to talk about their joint column slamming President Obama on Iraq and a whole host of other foreign policy issues, but Kelly wasted no time in grilling Cheney on his role in the quagmire Iraq is in today.

She opened the interview by referring to Cheney as “the man who helped lead us into Iraq in the first place,” and told Cheney, in response to his claim that rarely has a president been so wrong about so much, “Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir.”

Kelly went down a laundry list of Dick Cheney quotes about Iraq that turned out to be monstrously wrong, but Cheney refuted all of that and kept focus on going after President Obama. He said the Obama administration “precipitated the current crisis” in Iraq, while Liz said they started their new group Alliance for a Strong America because “there’s a lot out there being said that’s frankly not true” where the Bush/Cheney administration is concerned.

Watch the video below, via Fox News:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSnq4UXxJY0

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-kelly-confronts-dick-cheney-history-has-proven-you-were-wrong-on-iraq/

kcchiefs6465
06-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Do you think that the U.S. or U.N. forces should have moved into Baghdad?

No.

Why not?

Because if we had gone to Baghdad we would have been all alone there wouldn't have been anybody else with us it would have been a U.S. occupation of Iraq, none of the Arab forces that were willing to fight with us in Kuwait were willing to invade Iraq. Once you got to Iraq and took it over and took down Saddam Hussein's government then what are you going to put in its place? -- Dick Cheney, 1994
A war criminal.

Brian4Liberty
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
There's something strange about that interview. It seems staged. It would be out of character for Megyn to confront Cheney about anything. The clip cuts off before they are done.

kcchiefs6465
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
There's something strange about that interview. It seems staged. It would be out of character for Megyn to confront Cheney about anything. The clip cuts off before they are done.
Similar vibe here.

I remember Megyn Kelly's 'journalism' all too well.

The interview may well be a positive for many people. Cheney had answers (albeit, contradictory, [evil], and misleading ones) for all of her questions. Good promotional effort for their new foundation in an effort for perpetual war, their own connected profits, and the power they unfortunately wield being maintained.

mosquitobite
06-19-2014, 06:37 AM
What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview? And what is up with her blinking?

Spikender
06-19-2014, 06:46 AM
I laughed at the part where Cheney slipped and called Megyn "Reagen".

I find it interesting that Cheney says that Obama has said over and over again that the terrorist threat in Iraq is gone when Megyn pointed out earlier in the interview that he said the same thing.

Dog and pony show. They're just blaming each other for the same things that they're both doing. Cheney is out of touch, sentiment is leaning toward getting out and letting them all sort this out on their own. Enough of our lives and money being wasted.

Megyn threw that last question at Liz at the end out of pity for her doing jack the whole interview.

cajuncocoa
06-19-2014, 07:08 AM
The outrage over Cheney's comments didn't only come from "the Left" as little Megyn says in her opening remarks. IMO, there's a subtle message in there to FOX News viewers that if you don't agree with Dick Cheney, you might just be (gasp!) a Leftist!!

It's hard to give credibility to anyone at FOX News (or any other MSM outfit, but especially FOX) .... they were all just as responsible for what is happening today in Iraq as is Bush/Cheney. Journalism evaporated in the lead up to that invasion. All MSM outlets were cheerleading us on to war; no one challenged the premise of Iraq's WMDs. Certainly NOT FOX.

specsaregood
06-19-2014, 08:08 AM
What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview? And what is up with her blinking?

to build more name and face recognition for her next run for the Senate.

mac_hine
06-19-2014, 08:17 AM
The Independents Explodes When John Bolton Accuses Hosts of ‘Defending a Dictatorship’

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton faced off with Kennedy, Matt Welch, and Kmele Foster on Fox Business’ The Independents Monday night and things got heated over the current crisis in Iraq and whether going in all those years ago was worth it. Kennedy grilled Bolton over the Bush administration’s role in destabilizing Iraq, and Bolton shot back by accusing libertarians like themselves of “defending a dictatorship.”

All three hosts immediately pushed back, getting into a fight with Bolton over Iraq and a George Orwell quote over fascism. When Foster brought up death statistics, Bolton cried “that is utterly ridiculous!” and demanded to know his source.

Kennedy rather strongly turned the tables on Bolton to demand sources for his numbers and asked incredulously, “So you’re telling me a completely destabilized Iraq now is better than what it was in 2002?”

Bolton placed all the blame on the Obama administration, but Foster said it’s “ridiculous” to think the Bush White House doesn’t deserve some blame too. Bolton maintained it was the right thing to do, because if Iran having a nuclear weapon is dangerous, imagine what Iraq having one too would mean. Kennedy added, “Sweet, then by that logic we should be invading Iran and North Korea any day now.”

Video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-independents-explodes-when-john-bolton-accuses-hosts-of-defending-a-dictatorship/

kahless
06-19-2014, 08:22 AM
I thought the same thing about it not seeming right and staged. I remember watching and thinking I bet the "Reagen" slip was intentional so Boobus will some how make the connection between him and Reagen, and opponents with those on the left.

donnay
06-19-2014, 08:42 AM
What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview?

To continue to promote and support the ideas of US hegemony from her father's old group PNAC.

Brian4Liberty
06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
to build more name and face recognition for her next run for the Senate.

Yeah and the interview cuts off not long after they go to Liz. I suspect it turned into a positive promotion of their new neoconservative organization.

Note that Dick Cheney was given all the time he wanted to answer every question. Typical of a friendly interview.

Constitutional Paulicy
06-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: ‘History Has Proven’ You Were Wrong on Iraq

On the contrary. He was perfectly dead on about what would happen in Iraq. It just depends on if you were quoting the Dick Cheney of the first Bush administration or the Dick Cheney of the second Bush administration.

If you haven't seen this then its exactly what's happening right now in Iraq and he was perfectly aware 20 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YuD9kYK9I

vita3
06-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Of course it's somewhat staged. Cheney is not in a position to answer any unscripted questions.

Guy F*d American soldiers, Iraqi's, ME Christians etc.

But certainly a HERO for war contractors like Kellog, Brown & Root, Halliburton etc.

mosquitobite
06-19-2014, 10:04 AM
You can tell it's staged because she doesn't even slightly react to his calling her Reagan instead of Megyn (@2:53-54)

vita3
06-19-2014, 10:52 AM
When Dick has to talk to a dead soldiers family, live, that's when you know it will be unscripted.

COpatriot
06-19-2014, 11:28 AM
I watched this live. I was shocked that Megyn Kelly went there. I don't doubt for a second that she got a good tongue-lashing from the FOX higher-ups over this.

And the very next hour you get Hannity who is just sad to watch anymore. Like Cheney, that guy is desperate to make people think that this was was a great idea.

Tod
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM

Exposure to help her be selected as someone's running mate or a cabinet position?

acptulsa
06-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Obama on the tube: Safety of Americans serving abroad is his top priority (that one was hard on the b.s. meter). We won't be sending the military to Iraq to promote one sect's interests over those of another sect. Otherwise...? And we need to ask ourselves hard questions before (emphasis emphatically mine) the next time we go halfway around the world to conduct our intensely deadly form of meddling.

I watched this live. I was shocked that Megyn Kelly went there. I don't doubt for a second that she got a good tongue-lashing from the FOX higher-ups over this.

Don't be ridiculous. 'We at Faux ask the tough questions! We also warn newsmakers we're going to, ask them softball-style, let them prattle on with their whitewash as long as they want, and let them help us edit their responses!' Unless you're a newsmaker Rupert doesn't approve of, of course.

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview?

The Spawn of Satan looking for a legacy to remain on earth?

Yes. That's what I'm going with.

cajuncocoa
06-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Exposure to help her be selected as someone's running mate or a cabinet position?
If we're talking about Rand's, I hope you're joking.

Kords21
06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Let's be real, if she had meant that question as a means to try to hold him accountable, she'd have been fired on the spot. It was an entire set up. Real journalism does NOT happen on cable news.

cajuncocoa
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Let's be real, if she had meant that question as a means to try to hold him accountable, she'd have been fired on the spot. It was an entire set up. Real journalism does NOT happen on cable news.
This was FOX News' attempt to allow the Dick cable news time in front of a favorable audience to exempt himself from the chaotic meltdown that he and his administration caused in Iraq that is unfolding now (it's a continuing process, really)

qh4dotcom
06-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Besides being fired, the question would have been edited out.

Occam's Banana
06-19-2014, 12:45 PM
And what is up with her blinking?

Reptilians do that sometimes.

It's a side effect of the interference between incoming light frequencies and the mind-control rays they are trying to radiate ...

green73
06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Funny: Drudge posted this link, though way after RPF.

anaconda
06-19-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that the banker clique/Council On Foreign Relations folks may have given the green light through their back channels to let the libertarian be the president in 2016. Not sure why, but have considered that it may be part of a economy crashing operation. Or maybe the globalists will spin some doublespeak nonsense like "incorporating libertarian concepts for a one-world government."

Does anyone besides me think that Rand seems to be getting just a little too much help from the main stream media?

anaconda
06-19-2014, 05:57 PM
This was FOX News' attempt to allow the Dick cable news time in front of a favorable audience to exempt himself from the chaotic meltdown that he and his administration caused in Iraq that is unfolding now (it's a continuing process, really)

Good analysis.

jkr
06-19-2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=boUuaPw4V9I

Tywysog Cymru
06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Reptilians do that sometimes.

It's a side effect of the interference between incoming light frequencies and the mind-control rays they are trying to radiate ...

It's a good thing I remembered to wear my tin foil hat.

Suzanimal
06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h3PMsx0m.jpg

COpatriot
06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Man I am loving the nasty comments about her from people on The Blaze and other sites. How dare she confront a war criminal for his crimes.

CaptUSA
06-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Ok, here's one for any neocons friends you may have.

Let's agree, for the sake of argument, that everything Cheney said is true and accurate. Bush had this war licked and everything would have worked out fine if it wasn't for Obama... That STILL makes the case for non-intervention because we change our leadership every 4 years, eight years at the longest. And we have a history of changing parties with differing approaches. That means, that unless you get it done and over with in under 8 years, things will always get screwed up. So if Cheney couldn't complete his master plan to wrap up by the end of their term, then it wasn't a good idea.

Henry Rogue
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Cheney is a liar and delusional. He is a liar about the reasons for invading Iraq and he is delusional to think the outcome would have turned out any better.

cajuncocoa
06-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Man I am loving the nasty comments about her from people on The Blaze and other sites. How dare she confront a war criminal for his crimes.
Wow, those people are drinking some strong Kool-aid, huh?? :confused:

limequat
06-19-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't know but I get the feeling that Megyn is legit on this interview. When she turned it around on the Dick (YOU got it wrong) she stumbled slightly over her words 2 or 3 times. She seemed a bit nervous.

acptulsa
06-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Cheney is a liar and delusional. He is a liar about the reasons for invading Iraq and he is delusional to think the outcome would have turned out any better.

The man had Halliburton and Bechtel stock, among others. How could it possibly have worked out one bit better for him?

Paulbot99
06-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Imagine an alternate universe where Cheney actually became President. We'd have used a mini nuke on someone by now.

anaconda
06-20-2014, 03:16 PM
The man had Halliburton and Bechtel stock, among others. How could it possibly have worked out one bit better for him?

I laugh every time I hear someone call the Iraq war a "disaster." The establishment busted up an oil rich country on the perimeter of Russia into militarily inept, disparate tribal regions for oil company access, eradicated Saddam's threat to the U.S. dollar, and installed multiple military bases. Definitely mission accomplished. (OK maybe the oil company access wasn't as smooth and easy as they had hoped).

unknown
06-20-2014, 10:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gbWxaM0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNCCXtnBZyo

HOLLYWOOD
06-20-2014, 11:23 PM
INHUMAN CONMAN

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbFbKWPR8jHmFsDyTN2C0nivLtn6lJH ZWrcMzXhqwwS3qyeOv21A
http://www.mikemalloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dick-cheney-robot-heart-weekly-world-news.jpg