PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Clinton HQ incident

Brainsnake
12-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi all
I made this poll because I am curious to see what people think about the Clinton HQ incident in New Hampshire. I personally think that it is a stunt set up by Hillary to get press attention.

My reasons are...
1. Doesn't Hillary already stand for making a national health care system? So then why would Leeland choose her to protest for not being able to afford mental heath care?

2. Look at all the free press coverage Hillary got from it. I think it was around 20 mins - 30 mins of FREE coverage on all the major news stations, TV and radio to just look presidential.

I hope Hillary goes walking in the woods one day
and gets mauled by a bear for this and everything
else she has done to rig this election!! :D

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

hillertexas
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44644&page=58

58 pages of thoughts

fortilite
12-01-2007, 02:46 PM
He's just some drunk asshole with a road flare and duct tape.

propanes
12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
CBS News - Clinton Seizes Opportunity After Crisis

Politico - Democratic Hopeful Looked Like A Woman In Charge After Hostage Drama

reduen
12-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Guys, there is no way to tell for sure of course but I do believe that the Clintons have had people killed before to achieve their wishes.

I have lived in Arkansas for 20-plus years and know friends and enemies of the Clintons pretty well. I would not put it passed them to do anything if they thought it would benefit them...

constituent
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
ordinary madness, i think.

johngr
12-01-2007, 05:54 PM
If you knew the answer and gave me an ounce of gold that I had to bet and I wanted to maximize my expected return and minimize my risk of losing according to my reckoning of the possibilities, I'd put 60% on lone nut and 40% on setup of some kind.

Lacrosseus
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
IT was way over played... got way too much airtime. These are rather common incidents, happen every day -- and we rarely hear about them.

paulitics
12-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I votd no, although I believe the Clintons are a snaky bunch and is not beyond them to do this. I don't think there is enough evidence in this case. However, the media's piss poor performance of defaming the innocent like Troy, and frothing to connect libertarians to this is unacceptable.

To entertain the notion of conspiracy, when they were acting shady yesterday, seemed like a pretty natural reflex. Most people are backing off this now, myself included, unless the media starts up more antics, by claiming he was a Paul supporter, etc. Right now, it doesn't seem like this story will benefit anyone enough to entertain the possibility of conspiracy.

jumpyg1258
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Guys, there is no way to tell for sure of course but I do believe that the Clintons have had people killed before to achieve their wishes.

I have lived in Arkansas for 20-plus years and know friends and enemies of the Clintons pretty well. I would not put it passed them to do anything if they thought it would benefit them...

I was talking to my mom about this today (shes a huck supporter) and she thought that the Clintons had some role in this as well.

RickSp
12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I see no reason to believe that he is anything other than one deranged individual.

american.swan
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I am waiting for some post along the lines of....

CIA secret mind control factory used to control man to take over a Hillary HQ with a loaded weapon. CIA operatives plan to link man's actions to terrorist and 'homegrown terrorist' to help congress pass HR 1955.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I just said a small prayer of thanks that he did not come out in a Ron Paul t-shirt!

Brainsnake
12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
I just said a small prayer of thanks that he did not come out in a Ron Paul t-shirt!

lol I was actually thinking the same thing when I was watching it

Rangeley
12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I think most people agree that the event helped Clinton, but just because it helps her doesn't mean she was behind it. I mean John Edwards wife has a terminal form of cancer, and this undoubtedly helps Edwards on some level by giving him peoples sympathy. But who here would allege that this means he is behind the cancer?

The guy didn't suddenly become the type of person who would take hostages in a situation like this, he had a history of doing some pretty weird stuff and having psychological issues. Rather than try and "turn this around" as a negative against Clinton and allege some sort of involvement with zero evidence, a much more honest course of action would be to simply make it clear that his actions were in no way related to anything Ron Paul is saying or supporting, or indeed, anything you yourself would support or do. If others want to be intellectually dishonest, call them out on it - don't fall to their level yourself.

Jimmy
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Very much dought he had any connection......hes just a loon. If not and it was a setup.......money bought him and money could make him talk about the set up. However if person is that crazy as to go down that road of being "bought" a little more money and he would confess he is from mars and started the Chicago fires as well.

mmarcman22
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
This incident took place inorder for people to feel sorry for Mrs. Clinton. It's a ploy to garner votes. She is a master at getting people to feel sorry for her.

TooConservative
12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I think most people agree that the event helped Clinton, but just because it helps her doesn't mean she was behind it. I mean John Edwards wife has a terminal form of cancer, and this undoubtedly helps Edwards on some level by giving him peoples sympathy. But who here would allege that this means he is behind the cancer?

He's a very sleazy trial lawyer who channels dead fetuses to get massive fraudulent jury awards and make his millions so he can speak for the poor as a hedge fund partner.

I'll believe his wife has cancer if and when she dies of it in the next year or so. I notice that she has an awful lot of energy with the schedule and all the attacks she generates.

This guy isn't your average mediocre lawyer that we generally elect to Congress. He's a professional trial lawyer. The truth means nothing to them and winning is everything.

I think a year or so from now, the Edwards will have a little press conference and, praise Jesus, her cancer is in remission again.

Midnight77
12-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I just thought this was all very convenient. Not one of these facts alone prove anything, but it is very suspicious when you add all these together.

Hillary was losing her lead to Obama.

This happened in New Hampshire, of all places.

This happened at Hillary's very own HQ, of all places.

Only Hillary's volunteers were taken as hostages.

Hillary Clinton isn't even in office, yet he's involving her and wants to speak to her, over Healthcare of all things.

The police just happened to know who this guy was.

The guy was unarmed.

Nobody was hurt.

He released the hostages very quickly.

She came out of the event and played to the New Hampshire, saying it is a great state ...etc. etc. etc.

She is praised on the Media and outlets and labeled as "sounding Presidential"

It's hard to predict the fallout from this. There's going to be 3 camps.

1) She will get the sympathy vote from America on "handling a crisis". (even though she didn't do a damn thing ... but perception is reality).

2) People are going to think she set this up in a deliberate attempt to gain sympathy and it will backfire on her.

3) People will perceive that she attracts nuts to her campaign and she will get some negative fallout for this.

It's hard to say. Will this be a positive or negative for her? Or will there be hardly any change?

At least FOX News will get some negative fallout as they got the wrong name and the wrong suspect and reported it anyway.

Somebody joked we have 2 suspect's names ... Troy Stanley or Leeland Eisenberg. Now We Report. You Decide Who it is.