PDA

View Full Version : Cop Said: I felt Threatened, he had a Weapon. A Cell Phone is a weapon.

Mani
06-17-2014, 11:28 PM
If that's not the most telling statement ever by a cop.....Then I don't know what else is....A Cell phone IS YOUR WEAPON. It may be the only thing that saves you in court, it may be the only thing that allows for the truth to be seen. And it may ALSO cause them to viciously attack you, because they absolutely see it as a weapon.

http://www.ocalapost.com/officers-abusing-charge-resisting-arrest/

(SNIP) The first half of the article is a girl threatened on cop cam and a cop saying he's going to put a bullet in them. And the cop charged them with resisting arrest. The video footage saved the mundanes...Oh and the PD felt the cop did nothing wrong...

Recently, in Orange County, Florida, Jeff Davies was intimidated by deputies after they “ganged” up on him following a traffic stop for not wearing a seat belt.

Davies had just had a kidney stone removed and was told by his doctor that he should not wear his seat belt. Davies began to feel sick from the procedure while he was driving and had already planned on pulling over when a deputy initiated a traffic stop. Davies said he thought he was going to “throw up” so he exited his jeep and walked around to the other side. The officer immediately began yelling at Davies and would not listen to his explanation. The deputy said he didn’t care what his problem was and ordered him back into his jeep. Davies then pulled out his cell phone and began recording.

As soon as he pulled out his cell phone, other deputies joined in. One deputy said, “So I see he has decided to record us.”

Davies said that the very site of the phone infuriated the deputies.

Davies was arrested and charged with “Resisting Arrest.” During the arrest, he was slammed into the hood of his jeep by one of the deputies.

Davies was offered a plea bargain, but his attorney said no way.

Central Florida attorney Howard Marks said the charge of “Resisting Arrest” is a terrible abuse of the justice system and a waste of tax payers’ dollars. “When police don’t have anything, it’s always resisting arrest without violence,” he said.

Assistant State Attorney Will Jay said, “Resisting Arrest is a very difficult charge to prove.”

Davies took his case all the way to a jury trial and essentially won the case.

During the trial one of the deputies told the judge that he felt threatened by Davies. The deputy said, “Davies had a weapon.” The judge asked, “What weapon? Because it was not mentioned in the police report.” The deputy responded, “He had a cell phone, that is a weapon.” The attorney said the deputy was just mad because he was being recorded with a cell phone.

According to reports, 60 percent of all “Resisting Arrest” cases end in favor of the defendant. Most officers have not provided enough evidence to present their case, and often times the cases are thrown out before they even reach the court room.

Davies is filing a federal lawsuit against the Orange County Sheriff’s Office this week.

Davies said, “I came to Florida from England to live my dream….and until now, I have never been treated with such disrespect. I think police officers are being trained to be grown bullies and they are abusing their arrest powers because they think they can get away with it. “

Recording a law enforcement officer with a cell phone is quickly becoming a common practice. YouTube is filled with thousands of videos that show officers being recorded. Practically every cell phone any person owns has a built in camera and they have become part of our everyday lives.

Davies attorney said, “If a police officer is following the code of ethics and has nothing to hide, then he/she should not be bothered by a video recorder.”

Spikender
06-17-2014, 11:32 PM
No doubt they're being told that during training. Just like if I held up the Bill of Rights, I'd be assaulting them with a deadly weapon.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-17-2014, 11:33 PM
No doubt they're being told that during training. Just like if I held up the Bill of Rights, I'd be assaulting them with a deadly weapon.

and also charged with obstructing just us

Mani
06-17-2014, 11:37 PM

It's a much more dangerous weapon then any knife or gun, because it reveals the full UGLY TRUTH. They can't hide from it. The Bill of Rights and Cell Phone video are the 2 most dangerous things mundanes have.

alucard13mm
06-18-2014, 01:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3SHNjsajzs

Occam's Banana
06-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Davies said, “I came to Florida from England to live my dream….and until now, I have never been treated with such disrespect. I think police officers are being trained to be grown bullies and they are abusing their arrest powers because they think they can get away with it.“

A big +rep to Mr. Davies for not trying to make any excuses for them or to "praise" them with "faint damnation" ...

Davies attorney said, “If a police officer is following the code of ethics and has nothing to hide, then he/she should not be bothered by a video recorder.”

... and another +rep to Davies's attorney for turning that "if you have nothing to hide" bullshit back around on them.

otherone
06-18-2014, 06:28 AM
It's a much more dangerous weapon then any knife or gun, because it reveals the full UGLY TRUTH. They can't hide from it. The Bill of Rights and Cell Phone video are the 2 most dangerous things mundanes have.

I'd prefer an app that calls in an airstrike.

Seraphim
06-18-2014, 06:39 AM
"I've got two words for you; PREDATOR. DRONES."

I'd prefer an app that calls in an airstrike.