PDA

View Full Version : Judge returns custody of Justina Pelletier to parents

Massachusetts
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
A Massachusetts juvenile court judge has returned custody of Connecticut teenager Justina Pelletier to her parents, effective Wednesday, according to the judge’s ruling obtained by the Globe.

“I find that the parties have shown by credible evidence that circumstances have changed since the adjudication on Dec. 20, 2013, that Justina is a child in need of care and protection pursuant to G.L. c. 199, 24-26.,” Judge Joseph Johnston wrote in the ruling. “Effective Wednesday, June 18, 2014, this care and protection petition is dismissed and custody of Justina is returned to her parents, Lou and Linda Pelletier.”

The teenager from West Hartford, Conn., had been at the center of a 16-month custody battle involving the Massachusetts child protection agency. This past weekend, Justina Pelletier was allowed to spend Father’s Day at home without any state supervision, the teen’s second such visit, according to Lou Pelletier.

In the custody of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families since February 2013, Justina spent most of last year at Boston Children’s Hospital, and then about four months this year at a facility in Framingham.

Three months ago, in a sharply worded opinion highly critical of the parents’ conduct, the judge gave permanent custody of Justina to the Mass. DCF, and said he believed psychological issues explained much of the teenager’s ailments.

However, top officials at DCF earlier this month filed papers with the judge suggesting the parents had made significant progress and recommended that custody return to the parents.

Source: hxxp://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/06/17/judge-orders-custody-justina-pelletier-returned-parents/mDWtuGURNawSuObO0pDX4J/story.html

This is wonderful news for Justina Pelletier and her parents. It is also great news to all children and parents in the state of Massachusetts. A true grassroots campaign to #FreeJustina paid off.

kathy88
06-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Move the fuck out of there NOW!

pcosmar
06-17-2014, 08:22 PM

And get off grid,, Find a discrete doctor for the girl and stay away from any state entanglements.

limequat
06-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Now what? Walk away with their tail between their legs? I hope this isn't the end.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2014, 09:15 PM
However, top officials at DCF earlier this month filed papers with the judge suggesting the parents had made significant progress and recommended that custody return to the parents.

Huh?

I concur...get the hell outta there, get off the grid and STFU.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Now what? Walk away with their tail between their legs? I hope this isn't the end.

It has to be the end...did you see how far downhill that poor kid went while in state "care"?

If they raise hell and Babylon takes her again, she'll probably die.

donnay
06-17-2014, 09:17 PM

I second that!

amy31416
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
And get off grid,, Find a discrete doctor for the girl and stay away from any state entanglements.

I'd be considering some quiet place in South America or Asia.

limequat
06-18-2014, 06:53 AM
It has to be the end...did you see how far downhill that poor kid went while in state "care"?

If they raise hell and Babylon takes her again, she'll probably die.

Yes, but what about the next kid? Where are the picket lines? Where's the attorney that wants to sue the pants off the state? Where's the outrage?
If there are no repercussions here, the state will only be further emboldened to do it again, only next time there will be more abandon and more self-serving decisions.

Anti Federalist
06-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Yes, but what about the next kid? Where are the picket lines? Where's the attorney that wants to sue the pants off the state? Where's the outrage?
If there are no repercussions here, the state will only be further emboldened to do it again, only next time there will be more abandon and more self-serving decisions.

What, repercussions from Boobus?

LOL

As far as they're concerned?

"Justina Peltier did this to herself."

asurfaholic
06-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Here's my question and concern.. What do the top officials define as "significant progress" as was reportedly made by the parents?

Did they give up everything else to get custody returned? Can they treat the child with a doctor of their choosing? If not then i hope they secure the custody of the child then continue the fight.

What is the evidence of the claim that her parents caused the child's ailments?

limequat
06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Here's my question and concern.. What do the top officials define as "significant progress" as was reportedly made by the parents?

Reportedly, they fell prostrated before the judge and exclaimed "We love big brother!"

Lucille
06-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Finally, some good news. That poor family.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/justina-pelletier-has-been-freed/

It may be that the judge has decided to let Justina have her freedom out of concern that the DCF will be taken to court over this, or that he will eventually be impeached. Or, he may be responding to Justina’s own plea to him for her freedom. According to the Boston Globe, her father, Lou Pelletier, said that “there is going to be a firestorm” of lawsuits against the DCF. And, I hope, Boston Children’s Hospital as well. There also need to be criminal charges of child endangerment, child abduction and false imprisonment against those responsible for putting that child through her ordeal.

DamianTV
06-18-2014, 06:39 PM
What was she taken away from her parents for to begin with? I must have missed that part of the article...

Massachusetts
06-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Damian, essentially the state charged they are unfit to be parents because they disagreed with a medical diagnosis. Sad really.

DamianTV
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Damian, essentially the state charged they are unfit to be parents because they disagreed with a medical diagnosis. Sad really.

Ok. Well, not Ok for those who took the kid away to begin with. But thanks for clarifying.

Paulbot99
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
How did the hotbed for our Revolution become so statist. I don't understand.

Origanalist
06-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the news. This is good to hear, those poor people. What have we become? :(

Origanalist
06-22-2014, 02:08 AM
What was she taken away from her parents for to begin with? I must have missed that part of the article...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444901-Judge-Orders-Justina-Pelletier-To-Be-Put-In-Foster-Care