PDA

View Full Version : Informational Hotline on blimp????

Mckarnin
12-01-2007, 01:26 PM
How about listing a phone number on both sides of the blimp like:
1-800-RON-PAUL (it would have to be something else because I just dialed it and it takes you to his congressional office), 1-877-RON-2008 is a campaign number and we probably don't want to bombard them... or something and when people call it it will provide information about his views and direct them to websites. Or we could have a text message address that people can text and receive information like phone numbers and websites on their cell phone? Or both. Not sure about the legality of these ideas (with the way the blimp is being done)but they would enable anyone with a cell phone to get immediate gratification.

This would be in addition to whatever main graphic is decided on.

K

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 01:39 PM
1-800-vote-ron

1-800-freedom

1-800-liberty

???

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
1-202-456-1414

(White house #, lol j/k - not yet)

phrizek
12-01-2007, 01:48 PM
How about the website guys? No need for a phone number.

fireworks_god
12-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes, but there might be a lot of people who can much easier access the phone number (for free over any old phone) than a website.

This is a GREAT idea! :) Maybe it could be very elaborate, so that people could select to hear him speak on stuff, and all kinds of information that can easily be accessed by any American. :)

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 01:57 PM
The number I have is 1-877-Ron-Paul

The phone number is good, as many people don't have internet access yet and are more likely do dial the number on the spot.

There is a number that has all the features that fireworks_god mentioned. It's on my 4x8 sign. Unfortunately, we're in an ice storm right now and I can't get out to verify the number.
I think it's 1-888-828-PAUL.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
The number I have is 1-877-Ron-Paul

The phone number is good, as many people don't have internet access yet and are more likely do dial the number on the spot.

Does anyone actually man this? I've gotten recordings when I call, not very helpful like a website

fireworks_god
12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, it obviously wouldn't be ideal, but, yes, I think it would have to be an automatic menu, because otherwise it wouldn't be very efficent. I'm not saying it could act as a wealth of information, but I think it would be a good way to get Ron Paul's message out to any average American that can dial a phone. ;)

Mckarnin
12-01-2007, 02:06 PM
How about the website guys? No need for a phone number.

I wasa thinking phone because it will allow anyone with a phone to get some information immediately. A lot more people have a cell phone than mobile broadband and a lot of people don't have internet access at all or they wouldn't have it until an hour at least after seeing the blimp.

I was thinking of the grassroots/blimp people as securing a NEW number that is easy to remember and putting up our own multiple choice menu so that people could "Press 1 to hear Ron Paul speak on the war in Iraq", "Press 2 to hear Ron Paul speak on the economy", "Press 3 to hear Ron Paul speak about the educational system", etc.... Then at the end of each short clip on the issue selected there could be "press 1 to hear more from Ron Paul on the war in Iraq", press 2 to leave your email in our voicemail box so we can send you links to further information on Ron Paul, press 3 to leave your name and phone number and someone will call you with further informaion, etc.... We could set this up and man the email collections and call people back.

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I just verified the number for the automated issues with the campaign. It's 1-641-715-3900
Problem is that the issue messages have to be accessed by extensions that aren't listed by the greeting message, so that's out. Listing all the issues and extensions would turn into an unreadable mess.

Mckarnin
12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I just verified the number for the automated issues with the campaign. It's 1-641-715-3900
Problem is that the issue messages have to be accessed by extensions that aren't listed by the greeting message, so that's out. Listing all the issues and extensions would turn into an unreadable mess.

I don't think we'd list anything besides the number on the blimp. I still think for legal reasons and practical ones we'd have to obtain and run the hotline ourselves.

Indy Vidual
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Blimp

deronde
12-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I'd love to have a hotline we can put on all these signs we put in public places.. keep in mind at least 20% of Americans don't have ready access to the internet. Hotline would hit on key issues, and perhaps have a menu for more specific hot issues like "press 1 for Ron's views on the Iraq war, press 2 for economic policy" etc. Have it professionally voiced of course, maybe coordinate with the campaign..

Tarzan
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
How about listing a phone number on both sides of the blimp like:
1-800-RON-PAUL (it would have to be something else because I just dialed it and it takes you to his congressional office), 1-877-RON-2008 is a campaign number and we probably don't want to bombard them... or something and when people call it it will provide information about his views and direct them to websites. Or we could have a text message address that people can text and receive information like phone numbers and websites on their cell phone? Or both. Not sure about the legality of these ideas (with the way the blimp is being done)but they would enable anyone with a cell phone to get immediate gratification.

This would be in addition to whatever main graphic is decided on.

K

Great idea. But, make it 900-RON-PAUL... then they could help keep the Ron Paul message in the air and on the blimp longer.

Man from La Mancha
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
An excellent idea! Just have a computerize short message then have people push numbers to other Paul topics. This way anybody can listen to the area of subject matter they are interested in and hear Ron explain it for himself. We could use sound bites from the youtube videos.