PDA

View Full Version : Cop appears to intentionally run over man in road.

libertyjam
06-15-2014, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p1-8PgjND-Y

A home surveillance camera captured a police officer running over a man who was lying in the street.

June 15, 2014

Tacoma police are investigating after an officer ran over a man lying on the street early Saturday morning.

The incident happened at about 1:20 a.m. in the 600 block of North Fife Street in Tacoma Washington.

Tacoma Police Department spokeswoman Loretta Cool told KIRO 7 a patrol vehicle traveling 10 mph ran over a person lying on the roadway.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wtf-cop-runs-man-road/

purplechoe
06-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Kind of reminds me of Matt trying to do the same thing to Adam here!!!

JK/SEA
06-15-2014, 01:43 PM
meh....just another day at the office..

didn't see him/her. Was doing a computer check on some other shit, or was getting a BJ, or was drunk himself....whatever...nothing will happen...it was an ''accident''...

SeanTX
06-15-2014, 01:51 PM
"Yeah, I ran him over on purpose. The scumbag shouldn't have been laying in the road -- that's jaywalking -- he got what he deserved! And why did I do it? Because, fuck you , that's why!" -- Officer Friendly

purplechoe
06-15-2014, 02:17 PM
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ost2.jpg

Philhelm
06-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Piece of shit.

tod evans
06-15-2014, 02:23 PM
The newly designed mundane based "soft" speed-bump......:mad:

The asshole actually stopped and double checked before running the dude over...

CPUd
06-15-2014, 02:26 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tacoma-Police-Department/106527026068888?sk=timeline

Mani
06-15-2014, 10:57 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tacoma-Police-Department/106527026068888?sk=timeline

Nice! Some people are actually responding:

Amy Messamore Blessing: Community support? As in being speed bumps for you?

On the pictures of some community run:

Scott Downey: Good thing they were running and not laying down.

Here is the news article:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/06/14/3243514/tacoma-police-officer-runs-over.html?sp=%2F99%2F296%2F

A Tacoma police officer patrolling near Sixth Avenue early Saturday ran over a man lying in the street.

The incident occurred at about 1:20 a.m. in the 600 block of North Fife Street in Tacoma, police spokeswoman Loretta Cool said.

Cool said the officer was patrolling for car prowlers and running license plate numbers on his computer prior to the accident.

The officer "was going very slowly," she said, and didn't see the man in the road. He administered medical aid to the victim until paramedics arrived.

The 22-year-old victim is in critical condition at St. Joseph Medical Center.

An investigation is ongoing and no further details about the incident would be released Saturday, Cool said.

The police officer is currently off duty, but won't be placed on administrative leave because it was an accident, Cool said. He has worked in law enforcement for seven years.

Why would he administer medical aid after he runs over someone? He slowly creeps up to the guy, then accelerates to get over him.

Great kind of system they have....First beat, tase, attack, run over, shoot....then administer medical aide...

jjdoyle
06-15-2014, 11:13 PM
"running license plate numbers on his computer"
Shouldn't that be considered like "texting and driving"?
http://www.drivinglaws.org/washington.php

It's the same exact thing basically. Typing crap on a computer/phone, being distracted from actually driving.

SeanTX
06-15-2014, 11:17 PM
It coulda been worse .. sorry to make light of it all .. but you just can't make this shit up anymore .... we are SO FUCKED ... I'm about ready to just give up ... cops can intentionally run over a man laying in the road and it's an "oopsie" , while a mundane can *accidentally* run over some pig's foot with a damned golf cart and it's an arrestable felony offense ... FUCK

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/nbc-golf-commentator-roger-maltbie-loses-his-cart-driver-to-on-course-arrest-061414

NBC golf commentator Roger Maltbie loses his cart driver to on-course arrest
JUN 14, 2014 10:46p ET

Roger Maltbie has seen a lot of things on a golf course, but he'd never seen a cart driver arrested until Saturday.

PINEHURST, N.C. -- The loud commotion by the 11th tee right after U.S. Open leader Martin Kaymer teed off on Saturday had nothing to do with competition. It had to do with an angry North Carolina Highway patrolman and the arrest of NBC roving golf reporter Roger Maltbie's cart driver.

The trooper, identified in the arrest report as Ryan Ashley Goodin, was upset because he said the driver, identified as Thomas Howerton Lineberry, 59, of Wilmington, ran over his foot when leaving the tee area. Goodin then chased the cart on a sandy surface just outside the gallery ropes while yelling, “Stop! Stop!” and “Come back here.”

He finally caught up, climbed onto the back of the cart and put his arms around Lineberry's neck and shoulders from behind. As Maltbie came over to try to help his friend and colleague, Goodin handcuffed the suspect from behind and arrested him.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Bologna on the cop was collecting plates and didn't see him. Cop gunned it beforehand to get over the dude, and you could clearly see another car with a license plate to collect just a few feet ahead. Gunning the accelerator to get over the man demonstrates intent. I call this attempted murder.

This guy goes creeeeeep. creeeeeep. creeeeeep. push! This guy needs to sit before a jury of his peers. The video shows clear intent IMHO. There was no reason for his sudden burst of acceleration if he was collecting plates (evil enough as THAT is) because there was another plate right in front of him, and he was creeping too slow to be moving from car to car, he was lining up his shot.

Dude is still on the job. SMDH; where in the hell is your line America? Do you even have one?

SeanTX
06-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Nice! Some people are actually responding:

And exactly what effect is it having ?

People need to start responding , with something else , something a little louder than Facebook postings (I won't say what it is).

puppetmaster
06-16-2014, 12:23 AM
"running license plate numbers on his computer"
Shouldn't that be considered like "texting and driving"?
http://www.drivinglaws.org/washington.php

It's the same exact thing basically. Typing crap on a computer/phone, being distracted from actually driving.

Silly silly...they are exempt from laws

Mani
06-16-2014, 12:33 AM
And exactly what effect is it having ?

People need to start responding , with something else , something a little louder than Facebook postings (I won't say what it is).

You are right. But for me...At least it's refreshing to know they are not all bootlickers out there.

When I read the bootlickers talking about how "the guy deserved it.." and that crap, that's when I feel the country is hopelessly lost.

osan
06-16-2014, 07:03 AM
I call this attempted murder.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter a whit what YOU call it. They call it "accident". Mr. Piggy will probably get a promotion for it.

Dude is still on the job. SMDH; where in the hell is your line America? Do you even have one?

That's a rhetorical question. Right?

Seriously, though... sure there's a line. The line will become apparent when food rioting begins in the wake of the first waves of economic collapse. THEN you will see the line.

Until then... meh.

Thor
06-16-2014, 07:37 AM
"After thorough investigation, the department as determined the officer was scared for his life and acted appropriately to the situation at hand."

JK/SEA
06-16-2014, 09:08 AM
reporting that it was an accident...

there ya go...no need to get excited over this....

side note: this is what is called the 'perfect' murder....edit...still alive...

reported as a soldier from the base nearby...thanks for your service.

jjdoyle
06-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Silly silly...they are exempt from laws

JUST US. Like another situation:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453904-Court-convicts-Adam-Kokesh-could-serve-15-years-in-prison&p=5566827&viewfull=1#post5566827

Rules/laws/guidelines, completely pointless.

Mani
06-16-2014, 09:02 PM
reporting that it was an accident...

there ya go...no need to get excited over this....

side note: this is what is called the 'perfect' murder....edit...still alive...

reported as a soldier from the base nearby...thanks for your service.

Of course it was an accident. He saw some dangerous object in the road and feared for his safety. So he carefully approached the dangerous object, then had NO CHOICE but to FLOOR it in order to quickly and safely make it over the dangerous object. Upon realizing it was a worthless mundane, he gave the man medical attention following his proper training. I don't see what's the problem.

Mani
06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
He is confirmed a soldier:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/man-run-over-tacoma-police-officer-jblm-soldier/ngLrM/

TACOMA, Wash. —

Officials with Joint Base Lewis-McChord confirmed Sunday that the man run over by a Tacoma police officer is a soldier at the base.

Infrared home surveillance video from Saturday morning shows 22-year-old Emanuel Andrade lying in a Tacoma street just after 1 a.m. before the patrol car drives over him.

His wife, Susana Andrade, told KIRO 7 that she doesn’t understand how it all happened.

“I couldn’t even sleep because that’s all I could see, him being dragged down the street,” she said.

She said her husband served in Afghanistan and was planning on being discharged on July 4. He’s a father to a 7-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy.

Andrade shared a photo showing him on a breathing tube in his hospital room at St. Joseph Medical Center. She said he has several broken bones and fractures and cannot open his eyes or talk. He has, she said, squeezed her hand at times and cried.

“You could actually see blood coming out of his eyes,” she said.

The video shows Andrade get into a car, then get out and lie down on the road. Tacoma police said the officer in the patrol car was driving slowly, checking for car prowlers, checking license plates, and looking down at his computer screen. (Mani: if he's checking license plates and looking DOWN at his computer screen AND driving at the same time, isn't that negligent? If a little kid comes running into the road and gets run over while he's looking down at the computer it's still OK because he was looking for bad guys? If we are distracted by someone in the car, or a text, or phone call, or the radio and we run over someone, aren't we going to jail?)

Spokesperson Loretta Cool said Andrade was also wearing dark clothing.

“I just understand that the officer just didn't see him,” she said.

But Andrade isn’t satisfied with that explanation.

“He just proceeded with running him over and dragging him down the street,” she said. “You can’t put an excuse to that.”

KIRO 7 asked what her husband was doing in the street in the first place.

“Right now, I can’t put it together, honestly,” she said. “I really want to know what happened that night and why things happened that way.”

Andrade told KIRO 7 that all she knows is that he went out with friends.

She’s frustrated and wishes she had answers for all the people she's seen commenting online.

“I want them to know he's a good person, he's a good father, he's a soldier,” she said. Andrade said it's unclear how many surgeries her husband will need.

Tacoma police are investigating but have not put the officer who was driving, a seven-year law enforcement veteran, on leave because they say this is an accident.

Cool said the incident has deeply affected him and they have given him a few days off before he returns to work.

GunnyFreedom
06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Cool said the incident has deeply affected him and they have given him a few days off before he returns to work.

Some people have to just take time off to reflect after trying to murder someone.

Henry Rogue
06-17-2014, 08:18 AM
officer who was driving, a seven-year law enforcement veteran
I have yet to read the cop's name. Secret police is secret.

Weston White
06-17-2014, 08:25 AM
So some elderly man that happened to be sitting on the porch at his retirement home saw the man laying there on the ground as the officer approached with his headlights shinning on him, but the officer completely missed the outline of the body in the roadway?

And why is it excusable for police to be distracted while driving but not so for "civilians"? Moreover, why is it the case that the bar is always lowered for law enforcement personnel? Why is it that they are always given a free pass, while others are left out to dry?

moostraks
06-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Bologna on the cop was collecting plates and didn't see him. Cop gunned it beforehand to get over the dude, and you could clearly see another car with a license plate to collect just a few feet ahead. Gunning the accelerator to get over the man demonstrates intent. I call this attempted murder.

This guy goes creeeeeep. creeeeeep. creeeeeep. push! This guy needs to sit before a jury of his peers. The video shows clear intent IMHO. There was no reason for his sudden burst of acceleration if he was collecting plates (evil enough as THAT is) because there was another plate right in front of him, and he was creeping too slow to be moving from car to car, he was lining up his shot.

Absolutely, the video speaks loads different from the "official" explanation.

Cap
06-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Damn, I don't even have words for this...it goes against everything that's good. Fuck!

Henry Rogue
06-17-2014, 08:54 AM
So some elderly man that happened to be sitting on the porch at his retirement home saw the man laying there on the ground as the officer approached with his headlights shinning on him, but the officer completely missed the outline of the body in the roadway?

And why is it excusable for police to be distracted while driving but not so for "civilians"? Moreover, why is it the case that the bar is always lowered for law enforcement personnel? Why is it that they are always given a free pass, while others are left out to dry?
Good questions. For me, the double standard is at the heart of all police abuse. The double standard in Rule of Law is what makes law enforcement different than everyone else, without the double standard (special privileges and protections written into law), law enforcers would be average citizens and abuse would come with risk.