PDA

View Full Version : Ukranian troops open fire on Russian Journalists

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Members of the crew of Russia's First Channel came under fire near Slavyansk in Ukraine, the website of the channel said on June 11.

"Today, the crew of the First Channel came under fire in the Donetsk region - they were working in the village of Semyonovka. This is, as they say, the cutting edge of defense of Slavyansk," the message said.

The Ukrainian troops have been shelling Semyonovka for a week already. Residents have left the village and return there only occasionally to check their homes, while Ukrainian armored vehicles shell buildings, reports Interfax.

The journalists came under fire as they were trying to reach the first line of trenches, to interview some of national militia fighters.

Meanwhile, the detention of Russian journalists, their humiliation, making death threats to them has become traditional on the side of the Ukrainian troops.
hxxp://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots/12-06-2014/127783-russian_journalists_ukraine-0/

Anyone watch the graphic video on the page? It looks so odd, like the people in it are moving at 6 frames a second

Zippyjuan
06-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Could the Ukranian troops have known they were media and not more troops moving up to the front lines? (was this an attack specifically on the media or just a case of the media being in a place where fighting was going on)?

The journalists came under fire as they were trying to reach the first line of trenches,

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Could the Ukranian troops have known they were media and not more troops moving up to the front lines? (was this an attack specifically on the media or just a case of the media being in a place where fighting was going on)?

Does it matter? Ukraine shouldn't be bombing.... the other parts of Ukraine in the first place. I can't wait for the article where Russian fighters shoot down Ukrainian bombers.

Zippyjuan
06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Reading Russian media does only present one side of what is going on. The Ukraine is trying to regain portions of their country which were taken away.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Reading Russian media does only present one side of what is going on. The Ukraine is trying to regain portions of their country which were taken away.
Whose country is it anyway? Isn't this how the Civil War was?

South: F*** you
North: Hell naw, F*** you *declares war*

AngryCanadian
06-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Reading Russian media does only present one side of what is going on.

This debate again? i am quite sure the western media are always telling the public the truth
since the Bush days...

Natural Citizen
06-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Could the Ukranian troops have known they were media and not more troops moving up to the front lines?

There have been several instances as of late where Russian journalists have been taken prisoner, had bags placed over there heads, put on their knees at gunpoint and had their hands tied behind their backs before being taken away and interrogated. These journalists have been detained for weeks at a time and have been detained after presenting their media credentials to these soldiers.

They are beeing detained and imprisoned because they are reporting what is actually happening. Providing photography, video, ground reports.

I've shared a few of these reports here but have since stopped updating with the most recent cases.

RT has had several of their journalist taken as prisoners at gunpoint after presenting their media credentials simply because they were RT.

Now, if you don't believe me, Zip, I can certainly bump the thread I had started on it and add all of the events we're discussing here individually. These detainments at gunpoint have been videod and photographed and reported thoroughly.