PDA

View Full Version : Dang! The IRS says Lois Lerner’s emails done got wiped out in one of them there computer crash

francisco
06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
"Not a Smidgen of Corruption"

Dang! The IRS says Lois Lerner’s emails done got wiped out in one of them there computer crashes

By: John Hayward
6/13/2014 03:03 PM

Aw, shoot! The IRS was trying so hard to come up with documents requested by the House Ways and Means Committee, as part of its investigation into the abuse of power against conservative groups during the 2012 election. But wouldn’t you know it? One of those newfangled computer thingamabobs had itself a crash, and all of Tax Exempt Organizations Division director Lois Lerner’s emails done got erased!

Everything she sent to outside email addresses between January 2009 and April 2011 is lost into the ether. Everything she sent to the White House, the Justice Department, her old chums at the Federal Elections Commission, high-ranking Democrat politicians – gone! All they’ve got left is email correspondence between Lerner and other IRS employees.

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI), who asked for all these emails a year ago, is fit to be tied...

Read More:

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/13/dang-the-irs-says-lois-lerners-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crashes/

mad cow
06-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Man,I hate when that happens.Oh well....Darn computers. :mad:

kathy88
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
And they'll get away with it. Correction... have gotten away with it.

AlexAmore
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Not a single computer backup for the IRS head since 2011? Seems a bit weird for an IRS agent.

RCA
06-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Call the NSA.

jkr
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM
oh i get it...they are allowed to lie

...so they are LYING...

that explains it

specsaregood
06-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Oh, I get it. They are going for the: if you are gonna lie, LIE BIG school of thought.

Matt Collins
06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
If you believe this, then Hillary Clinton has some land to sell you.

Suzanimal
06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
How convenient....they're not even good liars, that sounds like some shit my 13 yo would make up.

ZENemy
06-13-2014, 05:53 PM
I could be fired if I missed even one week of backups.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Must be using computers made by the same folks that make cop's cameras.

Pericles
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Call the NSA.

Or the Chinese

Pericles
06-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Man,I hate when that happens.Oh well....Darn computers. :mad:

Happened to my tax returns, too.

devil21
06-13-2014, 06:13 PM
The government equivalent of an unfortunate boating accident.

Seriously though, everything on government servers is backed up multiple times so this is obviously complete horseshit. But what is Congress gonna do? Nothing. And probably because there's some unflattering email exchanges between the IRS and certain partisan Congressional offices.

Here's the official Congressional committee press release: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=384506

devil21
06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Btw, if there's any truth to the theory that the IRS isn't a government agency, but rather a private collection agency for the private Federal Reserve Bank, that would explain why the IRS can basically tell Congress to pound sand with some bs excuse like this and Congress can't do anything about it.

http://nontaxpayer.net/irsnara0.html

HOLLYWOOD
06-13-2014, 07:38 PM
There is NO TRUTH from the IRS... I personally know a contact who's team installed all the lastest IRS networking/connectivity/mirroring/redundancy for ALL IRS electronic data nationwide. Nothing can be lost, nothing! FUCK THOSE Lying Criminal Scumbags.

THERE IS NO RULE OF LAW

Hey D21, I haven't gone to the link, but I heard, that the IRS uses public postage on mailing shit and not government sealed prepaid postage.

Btw, if there's any truth to the theory that the IRS isn't a government agency, but rather a private collection agency for the private Federal Reserve Bank, that would explain why the IRS can basically tell Congress to pound sand with some bs excuse like this and Congress can't do anything about it.

http://nontaxpayer.net/irsnara0.html

georgiaboy
06-13-2014, 07:45 PM
classic.

Wonder if Ed Snowden had any of these? Would be too good for Greenwald to post a couple on his blog.

seriously, though, this must not be allowed to stand. Heads need to roll over this one.

Occam's Banana
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
"The dog ate our homework." :rolleyes:

What explains "why the IRS can basically tell Congress to pound sand" is the fact that Congressional "authority and oversight" is a complete and utter joke. In the overwhelming majority of instances, Congress is an active and willing "aider and abettor" of executive agency perfidies. On rare occasions such as this, though - when for reasons of principle or partisanship (but usually partisanship) some person or faction in Congress actually wants to examine or expose executive wrongdoing - the facade we were taught in civics class comes crashing down and the egregious farce is revealed as exactly that.

When all is said and done, it comes down to this:
The executive bureaucracy (IRS, etc.) has lots of guns, SWAT teams, etc.
So what's the House gonna do - sic their Sergeant at Arms on 'em?
It is to LOL. "Checks and balances," our aching asses ...

AuH20
06-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Stockman requested the metadata from the NSA:

June 13, 2014
Admiral Michael S. Rogers
Director, National Security Agency
Fort Meade, MD 20755

Admiral Rogers:

First, thank you for your 33 years of, and continued service to, our country.

Second, as you probably read, the Internal Revenue Service informed the House Ways and Means Committee today they claim to “lost” all emails from former Exempt Organizations division director Lois Lerner for the period between January 2009 and April 2011.

According to chairman Camp, “The IRS claims it cannot produce emails written only to or from Lerner and outside agencies or groups, such as the White House, Treasury, Department of Justice, FEC, or Democrat offices” due to a “computer glitch.”

I am writing to request the Agency produce all metadata it has collected on all of Ms. Lerner’s email accounts for the period between January 2009 and April 2011.

The data may be transmitted to our Communications Director at Donny@mail.house.gov.

Your prompt cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated and will help establish how IRS and other personnel violated rights protected by the First Amendment.

Warmest wishes,
STEVE STOCKMAN

francisco
06-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Stockman requested the metadata from the NSA:

Now THAT is funny and classic.

Hoisted by their own petard.

Where's the popcorn smiley??? We need one desperately now.

Origanalist
06-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Happened to my tax returns, too.

Good luck with that mundane.

Dr.3D
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
If you believe this, then Hillary Clinton has some land to sell you.
I suppose it's in Benghazi?

2young2vote
06-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like congress has basically no power? They can create departments and organizations, but once they are created it seems like Congress can't do jack squat to their operations.

MRK
06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Wow. Even when a drive fails, the data is still recoverable. Even if the files were deleted, they are still recoverable given that only the reference to the file's data was destroyed, and not the data itself, until it gets rewritten by a newly created block of data.

A complete lie. But if it's valid in the eyes of the IRS, I'll be sure to advocate its use in court to people being harrassed by them.

MRK
06-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like congress has basically no power? They can create departments and organizations, but once they are created it seems like Congress can't do jack squat to their operations.

They can create committees that produce sharply-worded reports.

Spikender
06-13-2014, 10:18 PM
What a lie.

I can say with 100% confidence that you can recover whatever info was "lost" in that computer crash. Even a low level tech could get it back for them.

I also find it hard to believe they don't have a backup somewhere.

Fucking liars and thieves.

Ender
06-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Dang! The IRS says Lois Lerner’s emails done got wiped out in one of them there computer crashes?

Whodda thunk? :rolleyes:

Schifference
06-13-2014, 10:49 PM
I am confident that if I had emails that were incriminating evidence the prosecutors would easily find a way to recover them.

Spikender
06-13-2014, 11:16 PM
I am confident that if I had emails that were incriminating evidence the prosecutors would easily find a way to recover them.

It's not hard at all. In fact, it's simple as all hell.

Unless the computer crash involved drilling a hole through the hard drive, your emails would be easily recovered, whether they were on your system or otherwise. It's complete and total hogwash and these fuckers know it.

HOLLYWOOD
06-13-2014, 11:37 PM
It's not hard at all. In fact, it's simple as all hell.

Unless the computer crash involved drilling a hole through the hard drive, your emails would be easily recovered, whether they were on your system or otherwise. It's complete and total hogwash and these fuckers know it.Not only that ^^^^^^

All Lois Lerner's emails that went to every single recipient, will have a copy in their mailbox, as well as anyone who replied and forwarded emails.

Exchange Server and it's mirrors, as well as the snapshots taken will have multiple backups and copies.

Just like when you add a bunch of updates to your own PC/MAC, before installing, makes a prophylactic backup.

This is Obstruction of Justice, Tampering with evidence, Failure to Appear, Computer Fraud, and countless other criminal violations. Anyone in this country with a technical background, knows the IRS is lying and if they destroyed evidence, committed multiple felonies.

Frankly, I would subpoena every single IT/mail server staffer/employee/contractor to Congress to answer questions and testify... let's see is Darryl Issa and the Clown Cart Congress will do anything. How 'bout McCain or Lindsey Graham? Don't hold your breath with these political criminals.

RULE OF LAW? HAH!

amy31416
06-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Or the Chinese

Or the Israelis. They get a copy of everything, along with other unnamed countries.

amy31416
06-13-2014, 11:56 PM
What a lie.

I can say with 100% confidence that you can recover whatever info was "lost" in that computer crash. Even a low level tech could get it back for them.

I also find it hard to believe they don't have a backup somewhere.

Fucking liars and thieves.

I'm willing to bet that they never lost a record of someone who "owes" taxes (aside from their friends.)

Spikender
06-14-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm willing to bet that they never lost a record of someone who "owes" taxes (aside from their friends.)

Government survives off of hypocrisy. It was alright for the IRS to audit all of these "suspect" groups, but as soon as they get audited, we have a year's worth of stalling and "computer crashes".

They must've learned how to make up excuses from second graders.

amy31416
06-14-2014, 12:15 AM
Government survives off of hypocrisy. It was alright for the IRS to audit all of these "suspect" groups, but as soon as they get audited, we have a year's worth of stalling and "computer crashes".

They must've learned how to make up excuses from second graders.

Seriously, they aren't even worth our time anymore. Not a single one of them. They should all be shunned.

Spikender
06-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Seriously, they aren't even worth our time anymore. Not a single one of them. They should all be shunned.

I've shunned them since day one, I think we're all just waiting for the rest of society to play catch up.

amy31416
06-14-2014, 12:35 AM
I've shunned them since day one, I think we're all just waiting for the rest of society to play catch up.

How do we speed this up? I'm losing patience.

Spikender
06-14-2014, 12:39 AM

I think the main way to do it is to make them aware that these sort of things are happening at all.

A coworker and I were talking about this IRS scandal about a day ago, and it seemed most people in our office had no idea this was happening in the first place.

It seems the biggest problem with society is that they either don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's goin' on in the hood- I mean, Government.

puppetmaster
06-14-2014, 03:00 AM
Not only that ^^^^^^

All Lois Lerner's emails that went to every single recipient, will have a copy in their mailbox, as well as anyone who replied and forwarded emails.

Exchange Server and it's mirrors, as well as the snapshots taken will have multiple backups and copies.

Just like when you add a bunch of updates to your own PC/MAC, before installing, makes a prophylactic backup.

This is Obstruction of Justice, Tampering with evidence, Failure to Appear, Computer Fraud, and countless other criminal violations. Anyone in this country with a technical background, knows the IRS is lying and if they destroyed evidence, committed multiple felonies.

Frankly, I would subpoena every single IT/mail server staffer/employee/contractor to Congress to answer questions and testify... let's see is Darryl Issa and the Clown Cart Congress will do anything. How 'bout McCain or Lindsey Graham? Don't hold your breath with these political criminals.

RULE OF LAW? HAH!

Subpoena IRS IT. and defund these liars NOW that will make them squirm. This info will come out when it is convenient.

A Son of Liberty
06-14-2014, 05:41 AM
It seems the biggest problem with society is that they either don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's goin' on in the hood- I mean, Government.

Correct. And the foxes realize it, and are becoming more brazen.

Subpoena IRS IT. and defund these liars NOW that will make them squirm.

Yeah? And just who is going to do that? And even if they do, who is going to care?

The pitchforks and torches should have come out a long time ago, but "the people" are asleep at the switch.

Gee, maybe if we win a few elections, everything will be all better... And maybe I can hold back the ocean with a push broom.

Pericles
06-14-2014, 06:10 AM

Not just Congress, the entire government.

I attended a military school, and ironically, they made a lasting point of your power over a subordinate is limited to (A) the willingness of a subordinate to comply or (B) your ability to use force against defiance. When outnumbered, (B) does not work very well, and if imposed against group norms, leads to a loss of moral authority, which is what makes (A) effective..

UtahApocalypse
06-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Well If I ever am audited it would be a shame if my files were wiped out.

Where and when the FUCK is anybody going to be finally held accountable for ll of this bullshit? I don't mean allowing someone to resign and collect government pension the rest of their lives. I want people fired, arrested, jailed, publicly executed!!

Danke
06-14-2014, 07:28 AM

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

HOLLYWOOD
06-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Some comments:
Absolute lies. BOTH her machine AND the servers are corrupt? This is unbelievable…… Your government is both lawless and treasonous.

- Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:16am

I’d simply suggest the easy answer. She and the government are corrupt.

- Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:13am
And these are the people who want to run your healthcare?

Checkout the IRS "SAFEGAURDS" lol: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFIQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irs.gov%2Fpub%2Firs-utl%2Fsafeguards-scsem-web-server.xls&ei=O82bU9zEDdCJogTlv4GQAg&usg=AFQjCNG_5NHPQvv8k0wc3KiPmJS7JihGTg&bvm=bv.68911936,d.cGU

One More Time... The Illusion of representative government ... Chaffetz gets admission of the emails are on the MS Exchange server

Jason Chaffetz got some admissions from the very adversarial puke from IRS.
One is that the emails are stored on a server. Checkout the bullshit from IRS' Koskinen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax6QGmKhRwo&feature=youtu.be

puppetmaster
06-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Correct. And the foxes realize it, and are becoming more brazen.

Yeah? And just who is going to do that? And even if they do, who is going to care?

The pitchforks and torches should have come out a long time ago, but "the people" are asleep at the switch.

Gee, maybe if we win a few elections, everything will be all better... And maybe I can hold back the ocean with a push broom.

yep but hey I have to say it

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2014, 01:33 PM
God damn magic toasters, things don't work half the time, leave my bread more burnt on one side than the other.

tod evans
06-14-2014, 02:18 PM
How many FRN's have these jokers sunk into their new and improved data collection centers?

Claiming that anything is "lost" has to be a joke at this point.......

Occam's Banana
06-14-2014, 02:34 PM
How many FRN's have these jokers sunk into their new and improved data collection centers?

Oh, it's a joke, alright. Only we're the straight man, and the punch line ain't funny no more ...

tod evans
06-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Oh, it's a joke, alright. Only we're the straight man, and the punch line ain't funny no more ...

I'm functionally illiterate in 'puters but even I know that upteen gizillion dollars worth of hardware/software and personnel can retrieve e-mail from anyone....

thoughtomator
06-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I ran email for a sizable government agency once. Even when I got there to find it had been run by complete incompetents for years, there were still multiple regular backups of everything.

liberty2897
06-14-2014, 04:54 PM
http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/lois-lerner-5.jpg

bunklocoempire
06-14-2014, 05:32 PM

Oh come now. It simply means that the IRS is absolutely not a terrorist org. You and myself on the other hand...and my mother, and my grand daughter, and that flash-banged toddler, and...

You see there are checks and measures in place.

*vomit*

HOLLYWOOD
06-14-2014, 06:08 PM
“History proves that governments inevitably grow corrupt, and that corruption leads to an increasing use of police and military force, both against foreign enemies and against its own citizens.” -- John Pugsley

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/siteupload/2013/05/irs-criminals.jpg

This is why the public doesn't give shit... frigin brainwashed statist idiots with deadly weapons.

http://www.businessexaminer.com/blog/July-2010/Students-become-honorary-IRS-special-agents-for-a-night/
Students become honorary IRS special agents for a nighthttp://www.businessexaminer.com/blog/July-2010/Students-become-honorary-IRS-special-agents-for-a-night/a5f27b9c668ecc56.JPG
http://www.terry.uga.edu/media/images/adrian-project.jpg

devil21
06-15-2014, 01:53 AM
^^^^
that's fucking disturbing

AuH20
06-15-2014, 09:53 AM
This is one of the most bold, in your face conspiracies I have ever witnessed.

kpitcher
06-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Alright let's be logical about this. IF this happened let's have a hearing on how this happened, who's responsible, audit the various systems and services that should be backing things up. Also a typical mail system will have archives. Lois Lerner wouldn't have her own private mail server and private archive servers, if there was a problem then it would be affecting a lot of others. Let's get the IRS CTO on a stand and dig into this. A few pertinent technical questions by any qualified IT person would be enlightening.

Spikender
06-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Alright let's be logical about this. IF this happened let's have a hearing on how this happened, who's responsible, audit the various systems and services that should be backing things up. Also a typical mail system will have archives. Lois Lerner wouldn't have her own private mail server and private archive servers, if there was a problem then it would be affecting a lot of others. Let's get the IRS CTO on a stand and dig into this. A few pertinent technical questions by any qualified IT person would be enlightening.

They could throw an IT person with nothing but an A+ up on the stand and he'd be able to confirm that there are archives and that the hard drive involved in the computer crash likely still can be accessed and the emails pulled.

This is a stunt pulled by people who don't know shit about computers but are counting on no one else knowing anything either. Bad for them, because even people who don't know anything about computers know this is horseshit.

But you're right, approaching this logically, it's quite easy to get someone on the stand to blow this lie out of the water. I await this event with a smile on my lips.

Ronin Truth
06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Stonewalling IRS Says It’s Lost Two Years’ Worth Of Lois Lerner’s Emails
June 13, 2014

Those Lois Lerner emails must really contain things that somebody with access doesn’t want Congress to see. After famously stonewalling (http://personalliberty.com/house-oversight-growing-impatient-with-irss-sluggish-response-to-tea-party-inquiry/%20)the House Oversight Committee’s request to review the former IRS official’s communications, the IRS is now saying that two years’ worth of Lerner’s on-the-job electronic data has been lost to a computer glitch.

The agency informed the House Ways and Means Committee this week that it had forever lost Lerner’s emails from the period spanning January 2009 to April 2011 – a timeframe which overlaps the IRS’ political discrimination against conservative nonprofits leading up to President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign.

The Ways and Means Committee issued a statement (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=384506) today in response to the IRS’ admission, with Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) making his skepticism known:

Today, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) issued the following statement regarding the Internal Revenue Service informing the Committee that they have lost Lois Lerner emails from a period of January 2009 – April 2011. Due to a supposed computer crash, the agency only has Lerner emails to and from other IRS employees during this time frame. The IRS claims it cannot produce emails written only to or from Lerner and outside agencies or groups, such as the White House, Treasury, Department of Justice, FEC, or Democrat offices.

“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to Congressional inquiries. There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.

“Just a short time ago, Commissioner [John] Koskinen promised to produce all Lerner documents. It appears now that was an empty promise. Frankly, these are the critical years of the targeting of conservative groups that could explain who knew what when, and what, if any, coordination there was between agencies. Instead, because of this loss of documents, we are conveniently left to believe that Lois Lerner acted alone. This failure of the IRS requires the White House, which promised to get to the bottom of this, to do an Administration-wide search and production of any emails to or from Lois Lerner. The Administration has repeatedly referred us back to the IRS for production of materials. It is clear that is wholly insufficient when it comes to determining the full scope of the violation of taxpayer rights.”

At the end of the day, it’s all good, argued Texas Congressman Steve Stockman: just have the NSA hand over her metadata instead. After all, don’t they surveil government employees the way they surveil everybody else?

“I have asked NSA Director [Mike] Rogers to send me all metadata his agency has collected on Lois Lerner’s email accounts for the period which the House sought records,” said Stockman today. “The metadata will establish who Lerner contacted and when, which helps investigators determine the extent of illegal activity by the IRS.”

The House of Representatives found Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress on May 7 on a 231-187 vote for refusing to continue her testimony in earlier hearings in which she argued she’d done nothing wrong, before invoking her Constitutional protection against self-incrimination. The House is continuing its investigation.

http://personalliberty.com/stonewalling-irs-says-lost-two-years-worth-lois-lerners-emails/

Destruction of evidence
Obstruction of justice
Contempt of Congress
etc.

It's impeachment time for some folks at the Amerika Gestapo. :mad:

angelatc
06-16-2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453953-Dang!-The-IRS-says-Lois-Lerner%92s-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crash&highlight=Lerner

Ronin Truth
06-16-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453953-Dang!-The-IRS-says-Lois-Lerner%92s-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crash&highlight=Lerner Thanks! I didn't respond to that one, so I started this one.

angelatc
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks! I didn't respond to that one, so I started this one.

It's considered bad taste to start multiple threads on a single topic. Which is why I gave your readers the link to the person who actually introduced the topic to the forums, as well as the discussion we already have going on it.

angelatc
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Bump over dupe thread.

Original_Intent
06-16-2014, 03:12 PM
It's considered bad taste to start multiple threads on a single topic. Which is why I gave your readers the link to the person who actually introduced the topic to the forums, as well as the discussion we already have going on it.

Actually, it is bad form, not bad taste.

Ronin Truth
06-16-2014, 03:25 PM
It's considered bad taste to start multiple threads on a single topic. Which is why I gave your readers the link to the person who actually introduced the topic to the forums, as well as the discussion we already have going on it. Perhaps if we didn't "lose" threads due to continuous and repeated bogus "marked as read" cycles the dupe thread issue might be significantly reduced or even eliminated.

angelatc
06-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Perhaps if we didn't "lose" threads due to continuous and repeated bogus "marked as read" cycles the dupe thread issue might be significantly reduced or even eliminated.

Uhm, there's "Search" box in the upper left. If you tag new material into an existing thread, it won't be marked as read any more.

angelatc
06-16-2014, 05:15 PM
I could be fired if I missed even one week of backups.

Not only that, but if a lowly traffic court judge held you in contempt you'd be in jail. Lerner gets to walk free even though she's in contempt of Congress?

Chester Copperpot
06-16-2014, 05:22 PM
well the only thing to do is to do what the IRS does to people when they cant provide documentation: They are considered guilty.

IRS always considers people guilty and makes them prove their innocence... If lois cant prove her innocence then she should fry

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-16-2014, 05:24 PM
well the only thing to do is to do what the IRS does to people when they cant provide documentation: They are considered guilty.

IRS always considers people guilty and makes them prove their innocence... If lois cant prove her innocence then she should fry

but in article 6.54#$%%3$$11!-a1-72-11 of the IRS tax code, all IRS agents are exempt from everything.

Chester Copperpot
06-16-2014, 05:36 PM
but in article 6.54#$%%3$$11!-a1-72-11 of the IRS tax code, all IRS agents are exempt from everything.

i have person experience on the receiving end of their code.. and they completely make stuff up.

therefore we dont use their code... we use our code.. and we get to make up the same shit they do.

fuck them all.. i hope they all die.

theyre destroying america

keh10
06-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Some comments:

Checkout the IRS "SAFEGAURDS" lol: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFIQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irs.gov%2Fpub%2Firs-utl%2Fsafeguards-scsem-web-server.xls&ei=O82bU9zEDdCJogTlv4GQAg&usg=AFQjCNG_5NHPQvv8k0wc3KiPmJS7JihGTg&bvm=bv.68911936,d.cGU

One More Time... The Illusion of representative government ... Chaffetz gets admission of the emails are on the MS Exchange server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax6QGmKhRwo&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, he admitted they have the emails, but that it would take a year or more to sort and redact information from the emails before they can be presented to the committee. Fuck that and just send the damn emails over!

The way this will all play out is that the House won't see those emails for several years and when they do get them, the public fervor will be lost and all of the pertinent information will have been "redacted." Just another day in the land of freedom and justice.

Weston White
06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Well it certainly is a good thing that they have everything backed up on redundant servers located all throughout the nation, not including the massive NSA’ spy-cloud petabyte server data-mining farms cropping up in various states, e.g., Salt Lake City, Utah.

Henry Rogue
06-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Funny how the House Committee has to ask the IRS for documents. Where is the House of Representatives' SWAT team? Get a warrant and no knock the IRS office, confiscate everything. That's some pretty weak representation.

devil21
06-17-2014, 02:12 AM
If Congressmen like Chaffetz were serious, they could subpoena their -own- Congressional email records and the -WH- email records for anything with Lerner's email address in it and go from there. If they can't touch IRS records then access records that are undoubtedly government records they have full legal authority to access.

Congressional dems and FOX NEWS are running interference for the WH:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/16/house-gop-investigators-argue-irs-targeting-influenced-by-obama/

otherone
06-17-2014, 05:24 AM
Funny how the House Committee has to ask the IRS for documents. Where is the House of Representatives' SWAT team? Get a warrant and no knock the IRS office, confiscate everything. That's some pretty weak representation.

+rep and I'll go a little further.
All correspondence by a public employee acting in a professional capacity should be available to everyone.

torchbearer
06-17-2014, 06:32 AM
How about the server backups?

MRK
06-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Well, if it wasn't clear before that the mafia runs its show however the hell it wants to, it should be now.

This isn't a side effect of government, this is a feature.

V3n
06-17-2014, 10:27 AM
NSA should have copies. Metadata at the very least.

HOLLYWOOD
06-17-2014, 11:01 AM
+rep and I'll go a little further.
All correspondence by a public employee acting in a professional capacity should be available to everyone.Damn Right... NOTHING should be restricted by these so-called "PUBLIC SERVANTS"

How about the server backups?Yeah, it's the IRS that just displayed a huge bullshit of lies, from backup nonsense, redaction garbage, to even the time needed to extract Lois Lerner's emails. While we are speaker of Lois Lerner, didn't the US Supreme Court rule, if you are investigating and find something else illegal(without a warrant) the Perp can be arrested and charged for the newly discovered illegal violations of code and law. All the IRS illegal operations, as well as the illegal operations of the US government is, there's Double Standards and No Rule Of Law... 'Not because of what you may be accused of, but because of who you are.'

Well, if it wasn't clear before that the mafia runs its show however the hell it wants to, it should be now.

This isn't a side effect of government, this is a feature.Dead on, they are above law, they are criminal entities, and they can give a shit less about Americans.

If Congressmen like Chaffetz were serious, they could subpoena their -own- Congressional email records and the -WH- email records for anything with Lerner's email address in it and go from there. If they can't touch IRS records then access records that are undoubtedly government records they have full legal authority to access.

Congressional dems and FOX NEWS are running interference for the WH:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/16/house-gop-investigators-argue-irs-targeting-influenced-by-obama/You can't touch IRS records? So the IRS is above the law? So it's a dictatorship spread across multiple agencies, that's all... laws are only for the enslaved peasant population to obey.

Technically, all IRS offices are inter-connected... not only are records and emails "Mirrored" at EVERY SINGLE IRS hub(where you send your tax returns), they also have their underground bunkers just in case of a globally war. MS Exchange servers are also mirrored and like many have stated, there are backups of all IRS exchange servers Level1-7 type backups. There's no way the IRS can go any further in clowning around excuses of Lerner's emails lost lies, it's obvious to even the half-brained idiot public they're lying. Congress should not accept anything less than ALL information and communications of Lois Lerner's; Her emails, snail mail, trips/.gov site vists, phone calls(those are all recorded too) from both office and mobile phones.

Anything less proves it's just the 'Party of One Bunch of Criminals' covering each other's asses as they conduct KABUKI THEATER for the media and masses.

PS: "Truth is Treason, in an Empire of Lies"

jkob
06-17-2014, 11:29 AM
This is outrageous, a crime in of itself. Never has there ever been a more obvious lie, a "computer glitch" cannot wipe out email. Hackers or something need to get to work, this is crazy. These people are straight up thugs and are daring anybody to do ANYTHING about it.

HOLLYWOOD
06-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Hot of the presses... LOL, 13 months of the FBI investigating the IRS and now this... this is getting beyond criminal, it's treasonous.

IRS loses MORE Tea Party Emails

http://kwout.com/cutout/a/ts/hc/36t_bor.jpg (http://www.kztv10.com/news/irs-loses-more-emails-connected-to-investigation/)

IRS Loses More Emails Connected to Investigation | Corpus Christi, TX | KZTV10.com (http://www.kztv10.com/news/irs-loses-more-emails-connected-to-investigation/)

Cap
06-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Never mind I see that what I was about to post already has. Hollywood beat me to it.

Pericles
06-17-2014, 01:05 PM

I'll chip in for that.

Henry Rogue
06-17-2014, 08:14 PM
I'll chip in for that.
I can just imagine the uproar. Bureaucrats and media would be screaming "the government has gone to far", but not a peep when they do it to the mundane.

GunnyFreedom
06-17-2014, 08:27 PM
It is federal law that all .gov servers be backed up 6 ways from Sunday; particularly communications accounts like email. If what they are saying is true, then the IRS's MIS chief would be facing prison.

AuH20
06-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Hot of the presses... LOL, 13 months of the FBI investigating the IRS and now this... this is getting beyond criminal, it's treasonous.

IRS loses MORE Tea Party Emails

http://kwout.com/cutout/a/ts/hc/36t_bor.jpg (http://www.kztv10.com/news/irs-loses-more-emails-connected-to-investigation/)

IRS Loses More Emails Connected to Investigation | Corpus Christi, TX | KZTV10.com (http://www.kztv10.com/news/irs-loses-more-emails-connected-to-investigation/)

And people think we're going to vote our way out of this. We're going to have to Eliott Ness our way out of this.

GunnyFreedom
06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
How about the server backups?

Shhhh... mundanes aren't supposed to know that .gov Exchange Servers are required to have multiple redundant backups by federal law...

GunnyFreedom
06-17-2014, 08:58 PM

.gov email servers are not typical. They are accountable to federal law and regulation. They are the most backed up email systems in the world. That is not hyperbole.

specsaregood
06-17-2014, 09:05 PM
.gov email servers are not typical. They are accountable to federal law and regulation. They are the most backed up email systems in the world. That is not hyperbole.

I guess this is where they come in and claim the IRS is not actually a federal agency and thus not subject to the federal records act.

GunnyFreedom
06-17-2014, 09:11 PM
I guess this is where they come in and claim the IRS is not actually a federal agency and thus not subject to the federal records act.

Boy, wouldn't that be interesting....

devil21
06-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Shhhh... mundanes aren't supposed to know that .gov Exchange Servers are required to have multiple redundant backups by federal law...

Unless the IRS isn't a federal agency ;)

specsaregood
06-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Boy, wouldn't that be interesting....

At this point, I'm about convinced either you wouldn't ever hear about it and it would all just go silent or our reps, media and citizens would just eat that giant shit sandwich and like it.

Constitutional Paulicy
06-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Where is Anonymous when you need them? I don't imagine they would be of much good since we would need the physical hard drive to recover the data, but wouldn't it be interesting to see Glen Greenwald releasing tidbits of info on a weekly basis. I'd have to go out and stock up on popcorn.

HOLLYWOOD
06-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Look at these fucking criminals... multiple felonies (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-emails-eliana-johnson)

IRS 'Loses' Emails From 6 More Involved in Targeting... (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-emails-eliana-johnson)
IRS Has Lost More E-mails . . . (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson)
By Eliana Johnson (http://www.nationalreview.com/author/eliana-johnson)
June 17, 2014 11:31 AM (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson)
Comments (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson#comments) 4556

It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.
The IRS recently informed Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.

The revelation about Lerner’s e-mails rekindled the targeting scandal and today’s news has further inflamed Republicans. Camp and Boustany are now demanding a special prosecutor to investigate “every angle” of the events that led to Lois Lerner’s revelation in May 2013 that the agency had used inappropriate criteria to review the applications for tax exemption.
The lawmakers expressed particular outrage that the agency has known since February that it would not be able to produce the e-mails requested by the committee yet did not apprise the committee of that fact, and they charged in a statement that the IRS is attempting to “cover up the fact that it convenient lost key documents in the investigation.”

If Lerner is the central figure in the scandal — Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa said Monday evening he believes she was the senior-most official involved — Flax may be an important auxiliary figure.

E-mails produced in response to a Freedom of Information Act(FOIA) request from the groupJudicial Watch, show (http://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/jw1559-00105/) Flax giving the green light to Lerner’s request to meet with Department of Justice officials to explore the possibility of criminally prosecuting nonprofit groups — at the suggestion of Democratic senator Sheldon Whitehouse — for engaging in political activity after declaring on their application for nonprofit status that they had no plans to do so.

E-mails uncovered by the committee last week showed (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/379897/report-irs-sent-database-containing-confidential-taxpayer-information-fbi-eliana) that, in preparation for her meeting with the Department of Justice, Lerner and one of her advisers transmitted 1.1 million pages of data on nonprofit groups, including confidential taxpayer information, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, potentially in violation of federal law.

euphemia
06-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Nobody believes the emails were lost. IRS officials who try to use this for an excuse, or who "lost" the emails should be fired without severance and benefits. No pension, no insurance, no nothing.

Spikender
06-17-2014, 10:18 PM
"Potentially in violation of Federal Law."

Potentially my ass.

V3n
06-18-2014, 06:39 AM

And if all backups were deleted, it would take multiple people working together to delete them, so now we're talking conspiracy.

I wonder if there are emails discussing deleting the original emails. I wonder if they've been deleted.

klamath
06-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Funny how times have changed. In the 70's a few minutes of blanked out audio on a personal recorder was enough to force a president, that had just won 49 states and 60% of the vote, to resign.

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
.gov email servers are not typical. They are accountable to federal law and regulation. They are the most backed up email systems in the world. That is not hyperbole.Daily Caller covering the latest IRS felony obstruction, on top of other law violations.

IRS Was Required By Law to Print Out Lois Lerner’s EmailsThe Internal Revenue Service is required by federal law to keep records of all agency emails and to print out hard copies of the emails to make sure they get saved in the event of a computer glitch.

The IRS recently claimed that it lost 24,000 of 67,000 emails that ex-official Lois Lerner sent between 2009 and 2011, due to a computer crash. The IRS, which agreed to turn over all of Lerner’s emails to the House Committee on Ways and Means, specifically lost emails Lerner sent to other Obama administration agencies and the White House. Lerner is a major figure in the targeting scandal that has hit the IRS.

Meanwhile, President Barack Obama’s press secretary, Josh Earnest, backed up the IRS’s claim of a computer crash. The IRS claimed that it is currently working to retrieve the emails by working with the other agencies, which are not obligated by the IRS’s agreement with the Ways and Means Committee to cooperate.
“The [Federal Records Act] requires agencies to make and preserve records of agency decisions, policies, and essential transactions, and to take steps to safeguard against the loss of agency records,” said House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, who subpoenaed (http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/16/issa-subpoenas-irs-commissioner-on-lost-lerner-emails/) IRS Commissioner John Koskinen Monday.

The IRS’s own definition of the Federal Records Act makes clear that emails must be saved and documented, according to an instructional page for employees on the IRS website (http://www.irs.gov/irm/part1/irm_01-010-003.html).

“The Federal Records Act applies to email records just as it does to records you create using other media,” according to the IRS. “Emails are records when they are: Created or received in the transaction of agency business; Appropriate for preservation as evidence of the government’s function and activities; or Valuable because of the information they contain.”

continued... http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/17/irs-was-required-by-law-to-print-out-lois-lerners-emails/#ixzz3506VNVd2

Ronin Truth
06-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Newsmax

Rep. Issa: IRS Flouts Constitution on Congressional Oversight

Monday, June 16, 2014 07:08 PM

By: Cathy Burke

A computer crash obliterated two years' worth of email files kept by retired IRS official Lois Lerner, the scandal-scarred agency says.

The disappearing emails – first disclosed Friday (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Lerner-emails-missing-IRS/2014/06/13/id/577011/) by the agency – are crucial to congressional investigations of the Internal Revenue Service's targeted scrutiny of tax-exempt applications from tea party groups and whether Lerner was getting orders from someone else in the Obama administration, because Lerner has refused to testify.

About 67,000 emails have so far been offered to Congress, including those found by searching other employees' email systems, The Washington Post reported, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/16/heres-how-the-irs-lost-emails-from-key-witness-lois-lerner/) but those from 2009 to 2011 are apparently lost.

The Post reported the IRS gave a fuller explanation in a letter to Sens. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah. According to The Post, the agency keeps a backup of the records for six months on digital tape, and when the congressional committee asked for them, the records went back only to late 2012.

The Post also reported that two other policies complicated matters: first, a limit on how big employees' in-boxes could be, and second, poorly defined criteria for what emails were important enough to be considered "official record" and be committed to a hard copy.

The Post noted the letter sent to the senators suggests that it was up to the user to determine what emails met those standards, and that it's not clear if Lerner had any hard copies of important emails.

By searching Lerner's computer and those of other employees, the agency was able to compile thousands of emails sent from and to Lerner from 2011 to 2013. But in 2011, Lerner's computer crashed.

The Post reported that she asked the IRS' information technology division to try to recover the data from her hard drive, but it couldn't do so, and it appeared individual machines like hers weren't backed up.

House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa, who has subpoenaed the information, (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Darrell-Issa-subpoena-conservative-Justice/2014/05/20/id/572453/)was skeptical of the crash excuse, telling "CBS This Morning" on Monday that it was "just not believable."

"We have enough evidence of her wrongdoing that we want to review every email that she has sent or received. That's reasonable to do when you have someone who takes the Fifth," he said.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen will testify before two congressional committees this week to explain why Lerner's email can't be produced and why Congress is just now learning about Lerner's computer crash.

In a letter written to Koskinen, Issa said, "I will not tolerate your continued obstruction and game-playing in response to the committee's investigation of the IRS targeting."

"Despite your empty promises and broken commitments to cooperation, the IRS still insists on flouting constitutional congressional oversight.

"This is not about what you turn over. It is all about what you don't turn over."

White House press secretary Josh Earnest disagreed.

"I think it's entirely reasonable, and it's fact," he told reporters aboard Air Force One, CNN reported. (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/16/white-house-lerner-emails-lost-in-computer-crash/) "You've never heard of a computer crashing before?"

http://www.newsmax.com/US/lois-lerner-emails-IRS-Issa/2014/06/16/id/577410/?ns_mail_uid=53655089&ns_mail_job=1573470_06162014&promo_code=jbkokcys

Ronin Truth
06-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Newsmax

Sharyl Attkisson: Lerner's Missing Emails Can Be Retrieved

Monday, June 16, 2014 04:03 PM

Award-winning investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson says former IRS official Lois Lerner's missing emails can be found and sources have contacted her to say they could help retrieve them.

"If they've been able to wipe something clean from the face of the earth . . . they've been able to accomplish something that criminals who try to do it on purpose haven't been able to do,'' Attkisson, formerly with CBS News, told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV. (http://www.newsmax.com/live)

"I've had many people contact me . . . who say they think they could get that material and that it's not that difficult.

"There are also mandates requiring the material . . . to be protected, and it's put on servers. It's not held in a single place that could be crashed,'' she said Monday.

Last week, the IRS said it lost some of Lerner's emails from 2009 through 2011 — communication that may pertain to a House investigation into the agency's alleged targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

The agency blamed a computer crash, an excuse about which House Republicans are skeptical. The emails are key to Lerner's potential knowledge of the scandal because she has refused to testify.

Attkisson also doesn't buy the excuse.

"It's interesting that seven months into the request from Congress, when the [IRS] commissioner [John Koskinen] testified in March, he didn't give any hints that the emails had been involved in some sort of irrevocable crash,'' she said.

"He said they were looking for the emails. He even specifically stated, 'They're stored somewhere' when he talked about how emails are handled.

"People who work in the federal government and information technology and have worked as contractors for them say there are very specific rules and laws about retaining information, protecting it and making sure it can't be lost in the crash. So, how this could've gone so terribly wrong raises questions about processes at the IRS if nothing else.''

Attkisson says former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is continuing to dodge blame for the deadly Benghazi attack, in which Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died.

She referred to the book on Clinton written by New York Times reporters Jeff Gerth and Don Van Natta called "Her Way,'' (http://www.amazon.com/Her-Way-Ambitions-Hillary-Clinton/dp/0316017434/ref=nosim/?=newsmaxcom08-20)which was published seven years before Clinton's just-released memoir, "Hard Choices.'' (http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Choices-Hillary-Rodham-Clinton/dp/1476751447/ref=nosim/?=newsmaxcom08-20)

"Mrs. Clinton has a penchant, according to Gerth [and Van Natta], for when things go wrong or when she makes mistakes or gets caught doing something, she will never accept the blame herself,'' Attkisson said.

"She sort of does in a general sense, but not personally and then deflects off into other directions, and that's kind of what she's done [on Benghazi].''

Attkisson is author of the coming book "Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington,'' (http://www.amazon.com/Stonewalled-Obstruction-Intimidation-Harassment-Washington/dp/0062322842/ref=nosim/?=newsmaxcom08-20) to be published by Harper in November.

Attkisson said today's media are manipulated by "outside forces."

"A lot of the way opinions are being steered today have to do with paid forces that are unseen that meet in these lobby firms in Washington, D.C. and PR firms,'' she said.

"They're steering public opinion and they're influencing the media like never before, and I'd like to draw some attention to that.''

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/Sharyl-Attkisson-Lois-Lerner-emails-retrieve/2014/06/16/id/577360/

Just get those "lost" emails from the NSA archives. LOL! :p

torchbearer
06-18-2014, 03:23 PM
I emailed my congressman about preserving the backups as evidence, haven't heard back.

devil21
06-18-2014, 04:26 PM
This whole thing is getting so convoluted that it makes me wonder if the NSA was working directly with the IRS in the targeting.

Remember this article? Worth a read if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennifergranick/2013/08/14/nsa-dea-irs-lie-about-fact-that-americans-are-routinely-spied-on-by-our-government-time-for-a-special-prosecutor-2/

It seems that every day brings a new revelation about the scope of the NSA’s heretofore secret warrantless mass surveillance programs. And as we learn more, the picture becomes increasingly alarming. Last week we discovered that the NSA shares information with a division of the Drug Enforcement Administration called the Special Operations Division (SOD). The DEA uses the information in drug investigations. But it also gives NSA data out to other agencies – in particular, the Internal Revenue Service, which, as you might imagine, is always looking for information on tax cheats.
Worse, DEA and IRS agents are told to lie to judges and defense attorneys about their use of NSA data, and about the very existence of the SOD, and to make up stories about how these investigations started so that no one will know information is coming from the NSA’s top secret surveillance programs.

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, Bill Clinton used the NSA's Echelon network to gather corporate information from foreign competitors, which Slick Willy passed along to his corporate campaign donors in the U.S. Obama just one up'd by using it on all political opponents for whatever reason he and ANY of his agency minions desired.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Emblema_Stasi.svg/251px-Emblema_Stasi.svg.png

BTW, Der Speigel just released a large doc dump on NSA records/operations of spying on Germany.... today

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/why-spiegel-is-posting-leaked-nsa-documents-about-germany-a-975431.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/new-snowden-revelations-on-nsa-spying-in-germany-a-975441.html

This whole thing is getting so convoluted that it makes me wonder if the NSA was working directly with the IRS in the targeting.

Remember this article? Worth a read if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennifergranick/2013/08/14/nsa-dea-irs-lie-about-fact-that-americans-are-routinely-spied-on-by-our-government-time-for-a-special-prosecutor-2/

NorfolkPCSolutions
06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
And people think we're going to vote our way out of this. We're going to have to Eliott Ness our way out of this.

I hope not. But I think there are a lot of us who are getting ready for the eventuality. The possibility. The REMOTE possibility. Do you understand that, NSA groupthink analyst who is reading this thread?

To contribute, I'd like to better understand what the IRS chairman meant when he said that the emails do exist, will be given over, and will be redacted when they are handed over. Something like 6160 compliance, or some such nonsense. Finally, I think I know what the whole thing is all about...it's gonna take months for them to fabricate digital evidence exonerating Lois Lerner...no, wait, hanging Lerner, and exonerating Dear Leader.