PDA

View Full Version : Dave Brat campaign manager: Lew Rockwell reader, Austrian Economics geek, Ron Paul supporter

jct74
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
David Brat's Campaign Manager is a Lew Rockwell Fan

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 11, 2014

Zachary Werrell is just one of two paid staffers for the campaign of David Brat, reports Yahoo. Brat just beat out House Majority leader Eric Cantor for the Republican nomination for the seat that is now Cantor's.

On a recently scrubbed Facebook page, in addition to many references to LewRockwell.com articles, Werrell called for an end to the regulation of prescription drugs, citing a story from the Ludwig von Mises Institute. “Abolish the FDA!” he wrote.

Werrell served as a volunteer and canvasser for Ron Pauls' presidential primary campaigns in 2008 and 2012, according to his Facebook bio, which also lists under "favorite quotations" Barry Goldwater's famous statement: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

In his current Twitter profile, Werrell describes himself as an "Austrian Economics geek."

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/06/david-brats-campaign-manager-is-lew.html
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/self-described-austrian-economics-geek-reads-lewrockwell-com-wants-to-abolish-the-fda-supports-the-right-of-secession-reads-fred-reed-on-lrc-volunteered-for-ron-paul-campaign/

more in Yahoo article:
http://news.yahoo.com/brat-campaign-manager-scrubs-facebook-page-after-election-173536113.html

MichaelDavis
06-12-2014, 11:25 PM
We need him to run for congress in 2016. He isn't even constitutionally eligible yet (he's only 23-years-old).

NewRightLibertarian
06-13-2014, 12:53 AM
Cool, lets hope he stays in Dave Brat's inner circle

limequat
06-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Sounds like a domestic extremist.

William Tell
06-13-2014, 06:34 AM
We need him to run for congress in 2016. He isn't even constitutionally eligible yet (he's only 23-years-old).
He has a bright future in politics.

Henry Rogue
06-13-2014, 06:36 AM
I wonder if he and Brat ever have economic discussions or is their relationship all business.

William Tell
06-13-2014, 06:41 AM
I wonder if he and Brat ever have economic discussions or is their relationship all business.

Believe me, if you are the top guy, you discuss EVERY issue with your candidate. It looks like they are pretty much on the same page. Brat returned a PERFECT Campaign for Liberty survey. READ IT, if he holds true, he will be one of the best 3 or 4 in the U.S House:

[edited to add survey link]
http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys2/?id=156

Henry Rogue
06-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Believe me, if you are the top guy, you discuss EVERY issue with your candidate. It looks like they are pretty much on the same page. Brat returned a PERFECT Campaign for Liberty survey. READ IT, if he holds true, he will be one of the best 3 or 4 in the U.S House: There could be some debate between the two, since some from the Chicago School, allow for some economic intervention. Do you have a link to the survey? I would be interested in viewing it.

CaptUSA
06-13-2014, 07:13 AM

I have no inside knowledge into this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a student of the professor.

William Tell
06-13-2014, 07:15 AM
There could be some debate between the two, since some from the Chicago School, allow for some economic intervention. Do you have a link to the survey? I would be interested in viewing it.

:o I was sure I posted it, THANK YOU for asking, what do you think?:

:D:):cool:

supermario21
06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqBFuUmCQAAX-e8.jpg:large

This image is from POLITICO, and it's a pic of Dave Brat's office. Look at some of the books on the right. I see one of Peter Schiff's books, and yes, one of Tom Dilorenzo's. Hope he doesn't get labeled a neo-confederate LOL.

Henry Rogue
06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
:o I was sure I posted it, THANK YOU for asking, what do you think?:

:D:):cool:
Thanks for providing the link. He looks pretty good, so does Anthony Riedel and Shak Hill.

Henry Rogue
06-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I have no inside knowledge into this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a student of the professor.

I did a little searching, Dave Brat taught at Randolph–Macon College in Ashland Virginia, while Zachary Werrell is a graduate of Haverford College.

JK/SEA
06-13-2014, 01:48 PM
keep him away from Collins...

William Tell
06-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for providing the link. He looks pretty good, so does Anthony Riedel and Shak Hill.
Riedel, and Hill both lost, sadly.

thoughtomator
06-13-2014, 03:00 PM
If it's that important I can find out exactly how Brat and his campaign manager got together. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort it takes to find out, though - we're just going to find more of the same, that the deeper you dig into Brat the more "liberty movement" and less "Tea Party" he looks.

thoughtomator
06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Riedel, and Hill both lost, sadly.

Hill's inability to raise more than $30k for his campaign was fatal. However, he made the convention a real contest and the outcome was not known before the ballots were tallied, even though he was outraised 100-1 by an opponent with far more political experience and name recognition.

William Tell
06-13-2014, 03:08 PM
If it's that important I can find out exactly how Brat and his campaign manager got together. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort it takes to find out, though - we're just going to find more of the same, that the deeper you dig into Brat the more "liberty movement" and less "Tea Party" he looks.

Keep in mind also, that Pete Greenwald was running as well (no relation to the other Greenwald) Greenwald, going by their websites info was the more open liberty candidate. But Greenwald dropped out and endorsed Brat, our people don't do that just for anybody. But there was nothing bad about Brat's issues page, I just looked at it again, and is better than I remembered. He supports term limits, I don't, Brat has term limited himself to 12 years. Not the most important disagreement.:D

William Tell
06-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Hill's inability to raise more than $30k for his campaign was fatal. However, he made the convention a real contest and the outcome was not known before the ballots were tallied, even though he was outraised 100-1 by an opponent with far more political experience and name recognition.

Right, but he had a hundreds of times better chance than Brat, the way I look at it. Conventions are not as expensive.

Aratus
06-13-2014, 03:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqBFuUmCQAAX-e8.jpg:large

This image is from POLITICO, and it's a pic of Dave Brat's office. Look at some of the books on the right. I see one of Peter Schiff's books, and yes, one of Tom Dilorenzo's. Hope he doesn't get labeled a neo-confederate LOL.

it seems to me THE VOICE OF REASON being surrounded by the other non-fiction missives from AYN RAND would
dominate the copy by a cub reporter. his Objectivism is rather obvious given the tidy nature of his stacks of books.

Henry Rogue
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
It's not important at all. I would guess that an economics professor would have some pretty strong views about economics. I hope they line up with my own.

cjm
06-13-2014, 03:27 PM
It's not important at all. I would guess that an economics professor would have some pretty strong views about economics. I hope they line up with my own.

I recall seeing somewhere that Brat called himself a Friedmanite. He might not be the guy to end the Fed, but he should be a pretty solid free market supporter aside from that.

devil21
06-14-2014, 04:10 PM
This election race should be a lot of fun to watch. Will the GOP establishment conjure up some reason to convince Republicans to stay home or to even vote for the Democrat?

Brat winning this primary may be the best thing to happen for the movement since Rand's election. If the GOP establishment so much as hints that this guy shouldn't be elected, they may as well pour gas on themselves before they light their election night cigars.

Vanguard101
06-14-2014, 04:25 PM
I recall seeing somewhere that Brat called himself a Friedmanite. He might not be the guy to end the Fed, but he should be a pretty solid free market supporter aside from that.

Friedman wanted to end the fed...

Aratus
06-15-2014, 12:18 PM
cooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Matt Collins
09-20-2014, 01:23 PM
keep him away from Collins...LOL.... why is that? :rolleyes:

I actually just hung out with the guy all weekend at LPAC

Matt Collins
09-20-2014, 01:24 PM
If it's that important I can find out exactly how Brat and his campaign manager got together. Through some people he met at the Leadership Institute.

Matt Collins
09-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Pic of him and Ron:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152694687797071&set=a.446340482070.228682.691557070&type=1

William Tell
09-20-2014, 04:18 PM
LOL.... why is that? :rolleyes:

I actually just hung out with the guy all weekend at LPAC
What's he up to now?:confused:

Matt Collins
09-20-2014, 07:00 PM
What's he up to now?:confused:

Working on another campaign