PDA

View Full Version : AllahPundit analyzes Rand Paul's immigration plan, agrees it is not "amnesty"

jct74
06-12-2014, 04:26 PM
overall I think it is a favorable analysis even though he says the bill 'panders' to conservatives

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/12/rand-paul-ill-not-allow-you-to-smear-me-by-claiming-that-im-for-amnesty/

RandallFan
06-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Allah Pundit believes Romney lost a landslide because he got 27% instead of 39% of the Hispanic vote. Cuccinelli was accused of comparing them to rats and got 29%. Hispanics went into November 2012 loving Obamacare and loving the immigrant son Obama.

He also put forward a stupid theory that Republicans are going to do even worse amongst blacks by doing a self-deport version of voter ID. I think implying blacks are lazy and we need new foreign workers is more offensive.

Valli6
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks for posting a more serious attempt at comprehending Rand's view.

Like I said before, the people commenting have illegal-immigration PTSD from the perpetual lying. We all do. I'd react the same if it were anyone other than Rand Paul - and I will always have some doubt until the day I actually witness some positive change.

At this point, it seems any talk about taking action will automatically be met with angry distrust.

Perhaps Rand should consult a psychologist for some pointers. (Sort of kidding, but not entirely.)

RonPaulMall
06-12-2014, 06:54 PM
dp

RonPaulMall
06-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks for posting a more serious attempt at comprehending Rand's view.

Like I said before, the people commenting have illegal-immigration PTSD from the perpetual lying. We all do. I'd react the same if it were anyone other than Rand Paul - and I will always have some doubt until the day I actually witness some positive change.

At this point, it seems any talk about taking action will automatically be met with angry distrust.

Perhaps Rand should consult a psychologist for some pointers. (Sort of kidding, but not entirely.)

Is it a "serious" attempt? Because it seems to me AllahPundit's analysis is just as dissembling as Rand's press release. Here's what AllahPundit says:

"Two: How do you define “amnesty”? As letting illegals apply for citizenship? Letting them apply for legalization? When I use the term, I’m thinking of any bill that would permit legalization before the border has been measurably improved."

So to AllahPundit, "amnesty" has nothing to do with granting amnesty to illegals. Instead, whether you support amnesty or not boils down to whether or not you believe in securing the border before you implement amnesty. If you support amnesty but don't support securing the border first, then you "pro-amnesty" in his mind. If you support amnesty only after the border is secured, then you are "anti-amnesty".

AllaPundit is a perfect example of the kind of perpetual lying you allude to. In his world, the full spectrum of the immigration debate consists of nothing more than when it is you want Amnesty to be enacted.

Rand doesn't need a psychologist. He just needs to come clean to the American people with some straight talk. Are you for Amnesty or aren't you? So long as he continues to dissemble and avoid the question, voters will assume he is pro-amnesty.

Brett85
06-12-2014, 08:51 PM
When you read the comments, the people who post there are way beyond unreasonable. Rand is better off not even trying to get their vote. They probably make up about 2% of the GOP electorate.