PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Say They Elected Brat

Working Poor
06-12-2014, 06:06 AM
I have been reading in several democrat dominate forums that they elected Brat of Virgina to get rid of Cantor and so that their candidate would win over Brat.

The dem stagy is to vote in republican primaries and elect who they perceive as the weaker candidate so go forth with this knowledge.

specsaregood
06-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Anybody that believes that Cantor lost because of that is deluded.

Occam's Banana
06-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Anybody that believes that Cantor lost because of that is deluded.

At this point, I'm expecting to hear that Cantor's loss had something to do with the Mayan calendar.

Or maybe ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ji40pRlcsnI/T-nv6MOXnVI/AAAAAAAAAfk/7C8FFKpy1jc/s320/AlienGuyHair.png

cbc58
06-12-2014, 07:10 AM
I have heard a few interviews where Dems spin this as being good for them and how it's another nail in the coffin for the GOP as the party further divides itself. May or may not be something to that.

samforpaul
06-12-2014, 07:20 AM
I have been reading in several democrat dominate forums that they elected Brat of Virgina to get rid of Cantor and so that their candidate would win over Brat.

The dem stagy is to vote in republican primaries and elect who they perceive as the weaker candidate so go forth with this knowledge.

I could believe that happened in SC w libs wanting Lindsey Graham. Didn't know that Virginia allowed voters to cross over in the Primary.

EBounding
06-12-2014, 07:21 AM
I think that's wishful thinking. Maybe if the result was within 1%-2%, but not 10%. But if Brat loses the general it will embolden the establishment of both parties, so we need to support him as much as possible.

TheTyke
06-12-2014, 07:58 AM
There was an analysis of this.... the gist was Cantor got many fewer votes than he got last time, and turnout increased in heavy Republican areas - not Democrat. So all evidence points to him being thrown out primarily by Republicans. It's just an excuse for establishment, or trying to take the credit for Dems.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Brat won in heavily Republican areas...

Working Poor
06-12-2014, 08:23 AM
I just thought I would give ya'll the heads up that dems may be participating in repub primaries where it is allowed do with the info what you wish.

But I think we need to play our hand very close to the chest.

helmuth_hubener
06-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Or maybe ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ji40pRlcsnI/T-nv6MOXnVI/AAAAAAAAAfk/7C8FFKpy1jc/s320/AlienGuyHair.png

It could be! We just don't have enough information (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449679-Do-Aliens-Exist&p=5509090&viewfull=1#post5509090) to know either way. The only rational position on whether it was aliens that did this is no position.

Right? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449679-Do-Aliens-Exist&p=5512765&viewfull=1#post5512765)

;)

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I just thought I would give ya'll the heads up that dems may be participating in repub primaries where it is allowed do with the info what you wish.

But I think we need to play our hand very close to the chest.

Oh yeah, and more than just voting, they even put up shill GOP candidates in some Congressional Districts.

oyarde
06-12-2014, 09:24 AM
A dem is the lowest form of man , while you cannot put anything past them , you also cannot believe anything they say .

Working Poor
06-12-2014, 09:33 AM
A dem is the lowest form of man , while you cannot put anything past them , you also cannot believe anything they say .

Ah wisdom of the ages speak!

angelatc
06-12-2014, 10:06 AM

With one exception. When they proudly tell you that they will lie, cheat and steal to win, they are being 100% honest.

Southron
06-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Why does Virginia allow open primaries? North Carolina allows unaffiliated to vote in any party primary. but I just can't figure out why.

nayjevin
06-12-2014, 10:12 AM

All of them, no exceptions. And in fact I would include anyone who has ever considered voting for a Democrat at any level. And also anyone who disagrees with me on school vouchers. /sarcasm

JK/SEA
06-12-2014, 10:25 AM
this crap from the dems is an old story...this is almost cliche' now..

repubs pull the same bullshit too...is it real?...you'd have to prove it to me...but how?...saying so doesn't make it so...

Brats making headlines and stirring the pot...its good stuff from where i sit...

specsaregood
06-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Why does Virginia allow open primaries? North Carolina allows the same, but I just can't figure out why.

If the taxpayer is paying for them; then what right should they have to exclude anybody? One of the reasons I prefer the caucus system.

oyarde
06-12-2014, 10:30 AM
this crap from the dems is an old story...this is almost cliche' now..

repubs pull the same bullshit too...is it real?...you'd have to prove it to me...but how?...saying so doesn't make it so...

Brats making headlines and stirring the pot...its good stuff from where i sit...

That is a heavy Pub district last time I looked , so , I see no chance for the Dems there regardless of what they claim .

specsaregood
06-12-2014, 10:31 AM

It certainly isn't real. The only way you would get such a large number of crossover strategic voters would be if you put a LOT of money and resources into organizing it. There would be a record of it either from money spent or word would have leaked out. If it was in anyway true, Cantors people would have gotten wind of it well before the primary and made hay out of it in the media.

CaptUSA
06-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Good. Let 'em believe this BS.

It'll make 'em look even more stupid when he wins.

Oh, and we have to make sure he will win!!

That is the most important thing, right now. There will be a concerted effort by the establishment to prevent him from winning the general - we have to fight against it. They will want to demonstrate to the party, that losses is what you will get if you don't fall in line. We have to prove otherwise.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Good. Let 'em believe this BS.

It'll make 'em look even more stupid when he wins.

Oh, and we have to make sure he will win!!

That is the most important thing, right now. There will be a concerted effort by the establishment to prevent him from winning the general - we have to fight against it. They will want to demonstrate to the party, that losses is what you will get if you don't fall in line. We have to prove otherwise.

That's exactly what this spin bomb is designed to do, get everybody back in their respective camps and toeing the line.

thoughtomator
06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Dems weren't decisive, but they did turn Cantor's loss into an all-out rout. They probably added 6-8 points to the 11-point margin of victory.

acptulsa
06-12-2014, 12:26 PM
They certainly elected a major brat in 2008. Of course, if Fox and a bunch of gullible Republicans hadn't nominated that even more evil brat McCain, it never would have happened.

Yeah, 'Democrats say.' They say lots of stuff. Prolonging the Great Depression was good for the country. We were needed and wanted in Vietnam. Government restricts liberties and steals from people out of compassion. Government can do things better than sane people can. Government is better than charity because it somehow helps poor people to have more people contributing to the fund that more fatcats then steal from.

Never seems to make sense, though...

Mr.NoSmile
06-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Realistically speaking, what are Brat's chances? I mean, you have both Dems and Repubs saying that they'll vote for Trammell just to keep it out of a Tea Party style politician.

acptulsa
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Realistically speaking, what are Brat's chances? I mean, you have both Dems and Repubs saying that they'll vote for Trammell just to keep it out of a Tea Party style politician.

Have you actually heard a Virginia voter say that? Or just a bunch of talking heads?

I for one can't wait to hear them claim credit for his November victory--over the Democrat--too.

CPUd
06-12-2014, 01:17 PM
The last time a Democrat won that seat was in the 1960's.

CaptUSA
06-12-2014, 01:21 PM

All the more reason why he has to win. We can't take this one for granted. If he were to lose, it would damage the movement more than you could imagine.

Aratus
06-12-2014, 01:23 PM
tacitly i feel this hands the fall election to Dave Brat, unless
the DNC really opens up its "fat cat" coffers in anticipation.

acptulsa
06-12-2014, 01:25 PM

Hey, Democrats. Since you people seem not to be bright enough to fashion a believable lie, allow me to help you out. You're purposely getting libertarian Republicans elected so that more of the incumbent neocons will vote even more reliably with the Democratic Mafia. Because there's nothing so useful as a common enemy, and no one rallies Congress against the Common Enemy like a principled representative of the People in their midst. Right?

Right?

bunklocoempire
06-12-2014, 02:00 PM
That's exactly what this spin bomb is designed to do, get everybody back in their respective camps and toeing the line.

Yep. From yesterday (and EVERY day 24-7):

My neocon boss just said "we better not lose that seat because of this". In other words votes don't matter...they want the establishment pricks anointed.

Doubt, doubt, doubt, fear, fear, fear.

otherone
06-12-2014, 02:43 PM

This sounds more like sour grapes from the neocon camp.

RandallFan
06-12-2014, 03:20 PM
They got voted Brat to punish Cantor and get a leader who will cave more than Cantor.

Apparently Cantor is leading the GOP conference to block Obama's agenda.

Same with Mitch if they bothered to cross over. They act as if they could get someone more liberal than Mitch to oppose Obama.

Mr.NoSmile
06-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Have you actually heard a Virginia voter say that? Or just a bunch of talking heads?

I for one can't wait to hear them claim credit for his November victory--over the Democrat--too.

Neither, maybe. These are just based off of posts on both Cantor and Trammell's respective Facebook pages.

acptulsa
06-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Neither, maybe. These are just based off of posts on both Cantor and Trammell's respective Facebook pages.

Um hm.

Seems I remember hearing how wonderful Yugo cars were, too. I felt sorry for anyone who didn't go somewhere besides their ads for a second opinion...

Tywysog Cymru
06-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Democrats assume that the Tea Party label is so toxic that they can't win anywhere.

acptulsa
06-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Democrats assume that the Tea Party label is so toxic that they can't win anywhere.

LOL they do.

It pays to pull your head out of your own echo chamber every once in a while...

ChristianAnarchist
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
With one exception. When they proudly tell you that they will lie, cheat and steal to win, they are being 100% honest.

What if someone tells you they ALWAYS lie?? :cool:

angelatc
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM
What if someone tells you they ALWAYS lie?? :cool:

What are you - a philosophy major ????? :)

Occam's Banana
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM
It could be! We just don't have enough information (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449679-Do-Aliens-Exist&p=5509090&viewfull=1#post5509090) to know either way. The only rational position on whether it was aliens that did this is no position.

Right? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449679-Do-Aliens-Exist&p=5512765&viewfull=1#post5512765)

;)

Wrong.

If you're going to pursue me into other threads over this, then you should at least accurately represent what I said.

I never said any such thing as "the only rational position ... is no position." (Rather the opposite (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449679-Do-Aliens-Exist&p=5508708&viewfull=1#post5508708), if anything.)

:toady:

/end derail

Working Poor
06-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Okay take it easy. We are talking about democrats and their denial that the tea party has teeth.

DamianTV
06-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Lemons into Lemonade.

Discrediting Obama is an attempt to undermine Democrats by Republicans, while this is an attempt to spin this into something that can be favorable for the Democrats, also undermining Republicans. The claim made by Democrats is maintenance of the illusion of the two party system, in that there is supposed to be some sort of difference between a Democratic Neocon and a Republican Neocon. Both parties are Neocons and both will push for bigger and more intrusive Govt in every way possible. Those Tea Partiers are excluded so they are made to not exist in the minds of people, even if they were the cause of the outcome of this election. Same way as MSM refused to even remark about Ron Paul. Ron Paul doesnt exist unless MSM mentions him repeatedly. Neither does the Tea Party.

William Tell
06-24-2014, 08:27 AM

I would take Democrat Congressman Larry McDonald over ANY of the Republicans we have in office today.

Ronin Truth
06-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Just by watching CSPAN I can easily tell that the Dumbocrats always elect a whole bunch of brats.