PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested for Shooting at the Moon

Vanilluxe
06-11-2014, 08:32 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/11/us-usa-arizona-moon-idUSKBN0EM2DC20140611

Arizona police arrest man for shooting at the moon
PHOENIX Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:09pm EDT

(Reuters) - A marijuana smoker was arrested in Arizona after shooting at the moon with a handgun and wrestling with officers who were called by his girlfriend to subdue him, authorities said on Wednesday.

Police went to a home in Prescott Valley, about 85 miles north of Phoenix, late last Friday where the woman told them her partner had fired several shots into the air after telling her and her teenage son he had seen Halley's Comet.

Prescott Valley police spokesman Sergeant Brandon Bonney said Cameron Read, 39, was arrested after a struggle and admitted firing multiple times and "trying to shoot the moon."

Bonney said Read also confessed to smoking marijuana before the incident, and told officers he had not wanted to hurt anyone.

He is being held in Yavapai County Jail on felony charges of unlawful discharge of a firearm, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and endangerment, and a misdemeanor count of criminal damage. It was not immediately clear if he has an attorney.

(Reporting by David Schwartz; Editing by Daniel Wallis and Jim Loney)

ZENemy
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Perhaps he spotted Marvin the martian with his space modulator?

Valli6
06-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Is the moon okay?

tod evans
06-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Boogity-boogity! :eek:

Cleaner44
06-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Look out! He's got the Reefer Madness!!!

Valli6
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Oh my God! He hit it!

http://www.bmovienation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/a-trip-to-the-moon-hand-colored.jpg

MelissaWV
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Not justifying the cop calling, but this is just stupid. What goes up does come down, and not always without consequences.

kathy88
06-11-2014, 08:49 PM
What's with all the nut job pot smoker stories lately? Total crap.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-11-2014, 08:49 PM

cause pot makes you shoot schools

MelissaWV
06-11-2014, 08:52 PM

It IS total crap, especially since a few of them have quietly been "person who was drinking but the story focused on pot" stories.

HVACTech
06-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Not justifying the cop calling, but this is just stupid. What goes up does come down, and not always without consequences.

Prescott Vally is deep and wide. I Loved that area.
ever been to Jerome?

if I had my druthers...
I would be living in camp Verde.

Thor
06-11-2014, 09:24 PM
A Chantix user was arrested in Arizona after shooting at the moon with a handgun and wrestling with officers who were called by his girlfriend to subdue him, authorities said on Wednesday.

Said no news media ever....

Rare side effects of varenicline oral (Chantix):

Depression
High Blood Pressure
Heart Attack
Transient Ischemic Attack
Stroke
Erythema Multiforme
Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
Hives
Unconscious
Hallucination
Seizures
Chest Pain
Abnormal Liver Function Tests
Injury
Giant Hives
Diabetes
Behaving with Excessive Cheerfulness and Activity
Delusions
Paranoia
Mental Disorder with Loss of Normal Personality & Reality
Anxious
Panic Disorder
Suicidal
Having Thoughts of Suicide
Thoughts of Hurting or Killing Others

Scrapmo
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Pure luna-cy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Trying to hit the moon? Maybe he actually meant he was trying to shoot his girlfriend's fat ass. He probably said something like, "Man, how could I miss something that wide?" The girl was not phased at all by the gunfire, but called the police because she was miffed by his comment.