PDA

View Full Version : Update: Justina Pelletier Video Begging Mass. Judge To Let Her Go Home

CaseyJones
06-11-2014, 03:51 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/10/video-shows-conn-teen-begging-mass-judge-to-let-her-go-home/

The family of a Connecticut teenager at the center of a custody dispute with the state of Massachusetts has posted a video showing the teen pleading for the judge to let her go home.

The video shows Justina Pelletier asking Governor Patrick and Judge Joseph Johnston to let her move back with her family.

video at link

kcchiefs6465
06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Bump.

qh4dotcom
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
I wonder if the parents will consider moving out of the country should they retrieve custody of Justina....otherwise the nightmare can happen again.

kcchiefs6465
06-11-2014, 10:51 PM
I wonder if the parents will consider moving out of the country should they retrieve custody of Justina....otherwise the nightmare can happen again.
I seem to recall someone trying that.

I wonder what ever happened to that couple.

Those advocating a virtual fenced in panopticonic society, as a means to repel 'the invasion' (:rolleyes:) would be wise to realize what they are asking for.

TheTexan
06-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Parents think child needs doctor. State thinks child needs psychiatrist. Parents take child to doctor. State takes child. Now child needs doctor and psychiatrist.

Oh State, you silly goose.

Christian Liberty
06-11-2014, 11:24 PM
I've gotten in trouble by moderators before for commenting on this one. So I'll just say, the State should be treated like any other kidnapper in this case.

There, I'm done. I'm done commenting on this one on this website. The deserved response would get me banned.

TheTexan
06-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I've gotten in trouble by moderators before for commenting on this one. So I'll just say, the State should be treated like any other kidnapper in this case.

There, I'm done. I'm done commenting on this one on this website. The deserved response would get me banned.

Sounds more like the deserved response would get you arrested

Christian Liberty
06-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Sounds more like the deserved response would get you arrested

I'm not sure that saying it would get me arrested. Actually doing it would. But, its not like I live in Massachusettes.

Meh, whatever.

unknown
06-11-2014, 11:53 PM

Before anything else, where are the rallies and protests?

Do parents, and people in general, not realize that if this can happen to someone else, it can happen to them?

There should be hundreds if not thousands of people at these hearings demanding that the State release this girl.

Occam's Banana
06-12-2014, 06:03 AM
[...] State thinks child needs psychiatrist. [...] State takes child. Now child needs [...] psychiatrist.

Well, there! You see? They were right, after all.

Now who says the government doesn't know what's best for us ... ?

limequat
06-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Where's the Massachusetts militia on this one???

lol

Christian Liberty
06-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Do parents, and people in general, not realize that if this can happen to someone else, it can happen to them?

There should be hundreds if not thousands of people at these hearings demanding that the State release this girl.

I wouldn't protest this. Pleading with a kidnapper to release the person they have kidnapped is downright absurd.

I can see the validity of it in less obvious circumstances, circumstances in which we know its kidnapping but the kidnappers think they are "keeping society safe" or something like that. But in this case, the kidnappers know exactly what they are doing, and there is no conceivable way that they don't.

Let me put it this way. If anyone ever kidnapped one of my siblings, and that person would not be held accountable by the law, that person would die.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

LOL, you're assuming that which has not been established as fact, i.e. - that most people find anything at all wrong with this.

Most of idiot AmeriKa could care less or worse, "Justina Pelletier did this to herself."

Christian Liberty
06-12-2014, 01:02 PM
LOL, you're assuming that which has not been established as fact, i.e. - that most people find anything at all wrong with this.

Most of idiot AmeriKa could care less or worse, "Justina Pelletier did this to herself."

If America still had a conscience, there would be violence over this. I mean, somebody literally got kidnapped. Not even for a BS "crime" with no victim, but literally for nothing at all.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2014, 01:13 PM
If America still had a conscience, there would be violence over this. I mean, somebody literally got kidnapped. Not even for a BS "crime" with no victim, but literally for nothing at all.

But they don't, outside of few radicals and refuseniks.

That's us.

Christian Liberty
06-12-2014, 01:48 PM

That's us.

Yeah, I hear you. I think my first reaction to this would be to start asking Chris Cantwell for strategy tips.

Christian Liberty
06-12-2014, 01:48 PM

That's us.

I know of some non-libertarians who would be ticked off at this sort of thing as well. But you're probably right that its a minority.

Origanalist
06-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I can't even comment on this one, it just too $#@&ed up in every way.

Christian Liberty
06-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Is whatever family who takes her in also aiding and abetting the kidnapping, or are they helping someone who was hurt by the State?

What does it depend on, if anything?

ZENemy
06-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Oct 25, 2013

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/24/iran-bomb-one-month-away/3181373/

Feb 21, 2012

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/02/21/for-conservative-media-iran-is-always-a-year-aw/185058

Oct 28, 2012

http://www.standupamericaus.org/iran-2/iran-to-build-new-nuke-facilities-month-away-from-bomb/

These articles literally go back to the 90's almost all of them claiming the same thing.

"IRAN IS MONTHS AWAY FROM A NUKE OR A WAR WITH ISREAL"

Me thinks the liars are lying.

Schifference
06-13-2014, 10:22 AM
I wonder who is liable for the unwanted medical bills?

libertyjam
06-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Oct 25, 2013

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/24/iran-bomb-one-month-away/3181373/

Feb 21, 2012

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/02/21/for-conservative-media-iran-is-always-a-year-aw/185058

Oct 28, 2012

http://www.standupamericaus.org/iran-2/iran-to-build-new-nuke-facilities-month-away-from-bomb/

These articles literally go back to the 90's almost all of them claiming the same thing.

"IRAN IS MONTHS AWAY FROM A NUKE OR A WAR WITH ISREAL"

Me thinks the liars are lying.

me thinks you had too many tabs open