PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing level of arrogance, even for Graham

nobody's_hero
06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Don't read unless you've got a full bottle of blood pressure pills nearby:

Kicking the crap out of the Tea Party is the most fun Senator Lindsey Graham has ever had.

"More fun than any time I've been in politics," Graham tells me at the YMCA here, where he's about to address a couple dozen supporters. Little kids are streaming through the halls to their gym classes, and a smell of sweat hangs in the air. "Because people are being uplifting," Graham continues. "People are really saying, 'OK, enough already.' They're starting to push back from trying to define conservatism in a fashion where there is no room for solving problems."

Ever since the rise of the Tea Party, Graham—a politician who seems to delight in sticking his finger in the eye of the Republican base—has been on the front lines of the struggle for the soul of the GOP. For years, they have heckled him and called him names. But now he is having the last laugh. Facing six no-name opponents in Tuesday's primary, Graham needs 50 percent of the vote to avoid a runoff, and he is confident he will get it.

If I lived in SC I wouldn't hesitate to try to throw the election to the DP candidate after reading the rest of the article:

www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/06/how-lindsey-graham-stomped-the-tea-party/372521/

Graham must go if we've any chance for a liberty candidate to take his place.

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
How many of those "other GOP" candidates were installed to dilute the attention and vote in Lindsey Graham's favor? I wouldn't put anything past this conniving scumbag or the SCGOP.

nobody's_hero
06-11-2014, 11:56 AM
How many of those "other GOP" candidates were installed to dilute the attention and vote in Lindsey Graham's favor? I wouldn't put anything past this conniving scumbag or the SCGOP.

Eh, I thought about that at first, but Graham still got 57% of the vote. That means 57% of SC actually went out and voted for Graham. There could have been 100 other candidates and those 57% probably would have voted Graham anyway, keeping him safe from a run-off. It just amazes me that Graham's level of support is that high.

Legend1104
06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Eh, I thought about that at first, but Graham still got 57% of the vote. That means 57% of SC actually went out and voted for Graham. There could have been 100 other candidates and those 57% probably would have voted Graham anyway, keeping him safe from a run-off. It just amazes me that Graham's level of support is that high.

Yeah as much as I hate to admit it, Graham is a pretty smart politician. He knows how to hold onto his seat despite how much we may dislike him.

Vanguard101
06-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Lmao this article is hilarious

AuH20
06-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Don't old, white people have access to the internet? If they did, they wouldn't be at a rally for Lightshoes Graham.

He talks about another one of his legislative passions, entitlement reform, and expresses his desire for a new Contract With America to show people that Republicans have a constructive plan for the country. "I know exactly what we need to do," he says. "The question for the country is, are we going to let politicians do what we need to do? Or are we going to fire everybody who tries to solve a problem? If we do, you'll get more of nothing."

There are about 300 people here, mainly older and white—an impressive turnout for a Senate candidate in a small town in an election a recent poll found only one-fifth of the electorate even knows is happening. They may not be marching or waving yellow flags, but to Graham, they are the GOP's true grassroots groundswell—the revenge of the moderates.

"I am looking forward to having the people of South Carolina in the Republican Party speak tomorrow night, because here's what they're going to say," he says: "Lindsey, keep on being Lindsey!"

DamianTV
06-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Too many people are utterly complacent as long as they get either a paycheck or welfare, and do not bother to dig deeper after MSM tells them that Graham Graham Graham is who they should support.

Deborah K
06-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Term limits, I say.

pcosmar
06-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Don't read unless you've got a full bottle of blood pressure pills nearby:

Graham is the democratic candidate.

And if you are "astonished" by any level of arrogance from the political class,, you have not been paying attention.

RonPaulMall
06-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Thomas Ravenel is supposedly going to run as an Independent (at least he promised to do so if Lindsey won). He endorsed Ron Paul in 2012 and is pretty good on the issues.

TheTyke
06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
I did not see a concerted effort on the part of the national liberty movement to take Graham down... not like we had behind electing Rand in KY. And that effort itself was orders of magnitude less than we put behind Ron's presidential campaigns. I did not see that kind of effort behind any other candidate, for that matter. The moneybombs, the opposition research, flooding comments sections, creating videos for and against the candidates, YAL Spring Breaks, or anything like that.

It's my opinion that if we had exerted ourselves to that extent, we could've won just about any race we chose to focus on... kept Lindsey under 50%, won Matt Bevin's primary, or won for Brannon. Instead, threads about the latest government scandal or police violence or complaining about Benton or even Rand tended to get more interest and posts than threads about actually doing something for our liberty candidates. I'm not sure why this is. Would love to know how to motivate folks.

And thus Graham gets away with crowing about his horrible record.