PDA

View Full Version : How much would a Super Bowl ad cost?!

dt_
12-01-2007, 12:19 PM
How much would this kind of ad cost?
How long would it be,
and how often would it be aired?

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Put it this way.. the blimp at 350k a month is a steal if it gets mentioned just once on TV during the game... 10 years ago it was like 500k for a 30 seconds spot.. just one.

This is what made me become a fan of the blimp.. keep that thing flying around the game all day and its sure to get a few video shots and mentions from the sportscasters.. I bet that exposure itself will be worth a few million dollars.

MN Patriot
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
The Super Bowl is in Phoenix, AZ. I'm not sure they will want to fly a blimp across all that barren wasteland of flyover country. Or maybe a second blimp could be put on the west coast, if the first one proves to be worthwhile.

Or what if every other candidate gets their blimp? Maybe a mid air collision would be newsworthy, but it might get old if a half dozen politician blimps are flying around.

justinc.1089
12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Not many other politicians would be able to afford a blimp. I would say Clinton, Obama, Giuliani, Romney, and maybe Thompson. So at the most there could be 6 political blimps, but I would say a safe estimate would be only half of that number IF other politicians copy this because they just won't all do this.

chestertime
12-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Put it this way.. the blimp at 350k a month is a steal if it gets mentioned just once on TV during the game... 10 years ago it was like 500k for a 30 seconds spot.. just one.

This is what made me become a fan of the blimp.. keep that thing flying around the game all day and its sure to get a few video shots and mentions from the sportscasters.. I bet that exposure itself will be worth a few million dollars.

There's no way the blimp would get mentioned on the superbowl broadcast. They're not going to give away valuable air time to anyone that shows up with a big sign. You don't think there are dozens of other activists trying to draw attention to themselves?

If flying near the game and getting free publicity is anyone's motivaiton for supporting this thing, they're severely misguided.

truthjourneyman
12-01-2007, 06:12 PM
At a UT football game just prior to kickoff, a plane cirlced the stadium with a banner, "Ron Paul For President - Everyone Wins !" Here is a link to a photo - http://www.ronpaulaustin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=1

Considering the drastic cost difference, do you think it could generate the same overall advertising effect as a Blimp?

idiom
12-02-2007, 05:10 AM
I think it runs about $35,000 per second :)

Man from La Mancha
12-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Not many other politicians would be able to afford a blimp. I would say Clinton, Obama, Giuliani, Romney, and maybe Thompson. So at the most there could be 6 political blimps, but I would say a safe estimate would be only half of that number IF other politicians copy this because they just won't all do this.Apparently we got the only biggest blimp available, also if were in the air 1st the others will look like they are coping us. And the news media would report it as such. The blimp is less per month than 1 minute of the Superdiversion, oops I meant Superbowl. What would be great is 100's of Ron Paul supporters converging there with signs and hoping some will be seen on TV.

Perry
12-02-2007, 06:09 AM
I think it runs about $35,000 per second :)

Actually last go around it was $2.6 million for a 30 second slot or $86,666 per second. Total waste of money imo. Also the atmosphere is completely wrong as it would be in the midst of a handful of other ads that are comedy based half of which are beer commercials. In my humble opinion that much money could be better used to cover an entire states advertising for a month.

...again all imho...

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-04-2007, 07:50 AM
i'm not too privy on marketing strategy but it seems an unquestionable fact that an enormous amount of people would see an add if ran during the superbowl but it seems that spending this same ammount of money in different schemes might be more affective overall. are we putting too many eggs in one basket?

idiom
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Why not convert the Players to Ron Paul supporters and let them chant on field :)

squandertime
12-05-2007, 02:06 PM
you mean the cowboys and the pats have to play in phoenix!!!

jumpyg1258
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Bah we need Ron's hometown Steelers in the Super! =)

voytechs
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Think of a blimp over the superblow the entire time. Its priceless.