PDA

View Full Version : What makes poor people in this country so special?

Schifference
06-10-2014, 03:04 PM
In this country we have people that do not even have jobs, they are on welfare with newer cars, cell phones, food stocked in refrigerators and cabinets, heat and...….??? Other countries have poor people that have little or nothing. What makes this country so special? What will keep people in this country driving cars when they have no money?

The american dream is gone. Only low level unskilled job opportunities. Maybe a few good jobs but they are getting harder and harder to find. It used to be said that a college education provided security for good employment and a better future. Today there are many college graduates that are not employed or under employed.

The USA is not rich, it is in debt to the world and its own people. We are broke. Why should the poor in other countries have to walk to market, or work for pennies when poor people here have many luxuries? What makes us special?

Is this sustainable? Can it go on forever?

Michelangelo
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
What are you pitching at here?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
It's because we have freedom and God blessed America, of course.

CPUd
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j2ZSdnQ.gif

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-10-2014, 04:15 PM
We aren't broke, we're being lied to. We're being told we owe money to banks we never owed money to in the first place. The banks are evil, corrupt instutitions? Good, then why should you pay them anything? I have a positive checkbook, I owe nobody anything.

DamianTV
06-10-2014, 04:24 PM
We know the Middle Class is being completely eradicated. But is it intentional? Hard to say. Those at the very top think they'd be even better if they owned everything the Middle Class has. It could also be an attempt to incentivize becoming poor. If our poorest are doing better than the Middle Class, where the Middle Class is overwhelmed with debt for College and the poor are not, there will exist an incentive to race to the bottom, not the top. This incentivization may also be an unintended consequence of wealth transfer from those who still have anything left to those who have almost everything anyway.

Pure speculation on my part.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-10-2014, 04:25 PM
We know the Middle Class is being completely eradicated. But is it intentional? Hard to say. Those at the very top think they'd be even better if they owned everything the Middle Class has. It could also be an attempt to incentivize becoming poor. If our poorest are doing better than the Middle Class, where the Middle Class is overwhelmed with debt for College and the poor are not, there will exist an incentive to race to the bottom, not the top. This incentivization may also be an unintended consequence of wealth transfer from those who still have anything left to those who have almost everything anyway.

Pure speculation on my part.
Why work when you can get food, housing, and free health care? Isn't that WHY people work?

Pericles
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
What makes poor people in this country so special?

The ability to vote in enough representatives to who can easily buy their votes via largess from the public treasury.

ravedown
06-10-2014, 04:46 PM
because it's all about collectives. the poor are simply another special interest group. EVERYTHING is about special interest votes. the poor-the college students in debt, immigrants, single mothers, trangender folks...we all must fit into categories so when election time rolls around and a politician is handing out promises and favors...we can all say, "hey, that's me!"

green73
06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Man I read the thread title all wrong. I thought it read "What makes people in this country so special." Shame.

DamianTV
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Why work when you can get food, housing, and free health care? Isn't that WHY people work?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warrior_of_Freedom again.

euphemia
06-10-2014, 05:01 PM
It is a sad day when poverty is exalted, wealth is abased, and the product of hard work is confiscated by government.

Ronin Truth
06-10-2014, 05:20 PM
80+ years of the welfare state.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
We know the Middle Class is being completely eradicated. But is it intentional? Hard to say.

Serious question:

You're not sure that it is intentional?

I'm convinced beyond any shadow of doubt.

What would cause you to think that it wasn't deliberate?

jclay2
06-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Serious question:

That would be the "Government is so mismanaged they don't know what they are doing theory". However, this really doesn't work when you consider such blatant examples of MANDATORY release of illegal immigrants convicted of murderer.

green73
06-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Serious question:

Of course it's deliberate. A healthy Middle Class is the biggest threat to the Oligarchs. It's their eternal enemy.

Nirvikalpa
06-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Government gives the handouts, government enables, and worse, government likes to keep people held down and subservient.

The government will continue to keep the poorest of people poor, by pushing more and more regulations. For example, an Arkansas orthodontist was threatened with losing his license when he tried to give back to the community and offered dental work for a fraction of the price, or even for free (http://blog.panampost.com/daniel-duarte/2014/06/09/private-affordable-care-for-the-poor-not-in-the-united-states-of-protectionism/), and in Oklahama a woman may face jail time for growing vegetables on her property, which she was relying on to feed herself as she was out of work (http://www.examiner.com/article/nanny-state-on-the-rise-against-home-gardens-for-natural-health).

One can search on this forum and find Food Not Bombs members, and other good samaritans, arrested and/or issued citations for feeding the homeless. There was a thread a month or two ago about a man who didn't have a vendors permit who was selling handmade bracelets in a park that I believe was arrested.

Oh, you as a retired teacher want to form an after-school program for at-risk kids? Get a permit, get re-certified, take these tests, etc etc.
Want to help your fellow man that is down on his luck? No, sorry, nothing you can do and God forbid we find out about it...

The government has made it so the poor have virtually no other option but to take their handouts - the government has bred and continues to breed this codependency. When you're poor, uneducated, homeless, and in an urban area with no hope of really breaking the cycle, it's incredibly hard to see through it... exactly what the feds want.

DamianTV
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
We know the Middle Class is being completely eradicated. But is it intentional? Hard to say prove.

Serious question:

Fixed. I think...

mikey
06-10-2014, 08:06 PM
They vote.

green73
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM
They vote.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

oyarde
06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
In this country we have people that do not even have jobs, they are on welfare with newer cars, cell phones, food stocked in refrigerators and cabinets, heat and...….??? Other countries have poor people that have little or nothing. What makes this country so special? What will keep people in this country driving cars when they have no money?

The american dream is gone. Only low level unskilled job opportunities. Maybe a few good jobs but they are getting harder and harder to find. It used to be said that a college education provided security for good employment and a better future. Today there are many college graduates that are not employed or under employed.

The USA is not rich, it is in debt to the world and its own people. We are broke. Why should the poor in other countries have to walk to market, or work for pennies when poor people here have many luxuries? What makes us special?

Is this sustainable? Can it go on forever?
Not special to me .Nor am I special.

Ender
06-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Government gives the handouts, government enables, and worse, government likes to keep people held down and subservient.

The government will continue to keep the poorest of people poor, by pushing more and more regulations. For example, an Arkansas orthodontist was threatened with losing his license when he tried to give back to the community and offered dental work for a fraction of the price, or even for free (http://blog.panampost.com/daniel-duarte/2014/06/09/private-affordable-care-for-the-poor-not-in-the-united-states-of-protectionism/), and in Oklahama a woman may face jail time for growing vegetables on her property, which she was relying on to feed herself as she was out of work (http://www.examiner.com/article/nanny-state-on-the-rise-against-home-gardens-for-natural-health).

One can search on this forum and find Food Not Bombs members, and other good samaritans, arrested and/or issued citations for feeding the homeless. There was a thread a month or two ago about a man who didn't have a vendors permit who was selling handmade bracelets in a park that I believe was arrested.

Oh, you as a retired teacher want to form an after-school program for at-risk kids? Get a permit, get re-certified, take these tests, etc etc.
Want to help your fellow man that is down on his luck? No, sorry, nothing you can do and God forbid we find out about it...

The government has made it so the poor have virtually no other option but to take their handouts - the government has bred and continues to breed this codependency. When you're poor, uneducated, homeless, and in an urban area with no hope of really breaking the cycle, it's incredibly hard to see through it... exactly what the feds want.

1,000,000%.

GET the government out of private lives and business.
GET rid of fractionalized banking.
RESTORE real capitalism.

THIS is the answer.

bunklocoempire
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
What makes poor people in this country so special?

Special? I don't know about that. It's personal choice and the options made easily available.

The choice to have a good relationship with those who actually love us, or, the choice to have a relationship with those who don't actually love us, let us do whatever we want (mostly), and can get us stuff with the use of a gun.

The people offering to rob others certainly have their own idea of "love".