PDA

View Full Version : SWAT-ing immorality one blasphemy at a time

GunnyFreedom
06-09-2014, 03:54 PM
By now we have all heard about the baby that got flash-banged by SWAT (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452988-SWAT-drops-Flash-grenade-in-toddler-play-pen-Sheriff-blames-quot-domestic-terrorist-quot), and then the justification (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452988-SWAT-drops-Flash-grenade-in-toddler-play-pen-Sheriff-blames-quot-domestic-terrorist-quot&p=5556065&viewfull=1#post5556065) that has been drawn up by the Christian Right counselling those who believe they are torn up by doing the 'right' thing:

http://glenbradley.net/share/memes/pastorfranklin.jpg

Luke 17:2 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+17%3A2&version=KJV)
King James Version (KJV)

2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones
King James Version (http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/) (KJV)
by Public Domain (http://www.biblegateway.com/help/faq/?id=2#10)

"Pastors" without moral accountability, only in favor of moral enforcement against a people. This behavior is ungodly and just calling such persons "Christians" is a kind of blasphemy in and of itself.

I think we can ALL agree, Christian, Atheist, and Other, that both the people who did this AND the people who justify it are utterly wicked.

So without getting into a religious debate, and posted to GP on purpose; the bottom line is that we have a political problem. One that belongs in 'general' politics. Which is why I hope we can ALL agree that everyone connected to this horror is wicked and not turn this into a religious debate, but rather discuss the political ramifications and strategies to employ against a powerful Christian Right lobby that would excuse, justify, and encourage the actions of a government that inevitably leads to the injury, maiming, and death of innocent men, women, and children.

This political lobby, the so-called "Christian Right" has an absurd amount of influence in politics, and they wrongfully claim the moral high ground. (Anybody who can justify the injury, maiming, or death of innocents in the name of a $50 controlled and set-up drug buy is not in Christ regardless of the Name they attempt to lay claim upon.)

So we, who are by far set with a far more Christ-like standard of morality than they can even conceive, need to re-gain the moral high ground, and wrest this influence from their pharisaical desperately clutching anti-Christian hands.

Demonstrate clearly that they are out of accord with the standards that Christ Himself has set, how the behaviors they advocate do extreme violence to the actual principles of Christ. How a people who boo the Golden Rule can in no way, shape or form walk with the Christian God.

Evict them from their alleged sole claim on Christ, for it is a ruse that has been put forth by Satan himself, to wrest control over American politics. Separate them from their claim on Christ by demonstrating it's absurdity, and re-gain the moral high ground by articulating actual Christ-like behavior, whether invoking the Name or not. Allow people to recognize the distinction on their own, and choose for themselves whether to actually behave like Christ, or to utterly oppose Him as the political 'christian right' are so wont to do.

The position of the political 'Christian Right' is not Christian, and those Christians who believe in it have been deceived. The strategic use of truthbombs in social media can work to separate them from the moral high ground, but to work the claim has to be against them specifically, and not against Christ nor against the wider body of Christianity.

And the bottom line is that I hate all of this. I am 1000% willing to share the moral high ground in the articulation of principle, as my last 7 years of political activity bears clear witness. But I have seen that a people who would justify infanticide for the greater Christian good, their entire claim on Christ is blasphemous. We should not be yoked with such heathen.

Separate the blasphemous and hypocritical 'political christian right' from their fraudulent claim to the monopoly of the moral high ground, separate them from the moral high ground altogether, and then take over the moral high ground yourself by righteously articulating the principles they have falsely claimed now for decades. This will, over the course of operation, erode their political influence and replace it with ours.

Suzanimal
06-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Amen to that, that pic needs to be spread far and wide. For the life of me, I can't imagine what kind of monster could look at that baby and call that "the Lord's work".:(

Anti Federalist
06-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Hear hear!

Hope it won't be drowned out by the state run media's coverage of the two "fallen heroes" in Las Vegas.

GunnyFreedom
06-09-2014, 04:43 PM
I should color 'pastor' blood red in that.

DamianTV
06-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Hear hear!

Hope it won't be drowned out by the state run media's coverage of the two "fallen heroes" in Las Vegas.

It will be.

Unaccountable Authority.

bunklocoempire
06-09-2014, 04:53 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunnyFreedom again.

Prick those consciences.

*snip*
So we, who are by far set with a far more Christ-like standard of morality than they can even conceive, need to re-gain the moral high ground, and wrest this influence from their pharisaical desperately clutching anti-Christian hands.

When doing so, be absolutely prepared for the "Christian" right, and those who identify with them to double down on stupid.

Own the high ground and do not budge.

Heap those coals lovingly.

GunnyFreedom
06-09-2014, 04:55 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunnyFreedom again.

Prick those consciences.

*snip*

When doing so, be absolutely be prepared for the "Christian" right, and those who identify with them to double down on stupid.

Own the high ground and do not budge.

Heap those coals lovingly.

Booing the Golden Rule opened more eyes and minds than people realize, I think. But it may also double-down the stupid vote. The SC primary will be interesting in 2016.

Christian Liberty
06-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I'm disgusted. What's the best way to deal with it? How do we know who we should not be yoked with? Its not like most people loudly proclaim that they agree with cops who throw flashbang grenades as kids (then again, I'm not in the south either, is that sort of thing normally loudly proclaimed in certain places?)

I'm disgusted and I'm not really sure what the proper response is. Especially considering I'm almost certain nearly every church is going to have someone who has an extreme "If you resist law enforcement you deserve what you get" type of response. I'm almost always frustrated over politics, but I'm not sure what the answer to it is.

BTW: I agree that these people are not Christians.

DamianTV
06-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm disgusted. What's the best way to deal with it? How do we know who we should not be yoked with? Its not like most people loudly proclaim that they agree with cops who throw flashbang grenades as kids (then again, I'm not in the south either, is that sort of thing normally loudly proclaimed in certain places?)

I'm disgusted and I'm not really sure what the proper response is. Especially considering I'm almost certain nearly every church is going to have someone who has an extreme "If you resist law enforcement you deserve what you get" type of response. I'm almost always frustrated over politics, but I'm not sure what the answer to it is.

One does not have to be christian to have morals, nor does being christian ensure that a person behaves morally.

The only solutions that can come will result from being able to hold bastards like these people accountable for their actions, which includes their bosses who will refuse to prosecute.

Suzanimal
06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
I wonder what church he's the Pastor of and if his congregation is aware of his view on what constitutes the Lord's work.

GunnyFreedom
06-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I wonder what church he's the Pastor of and if his congregation is aware of his view on what constitutes the Lord's work.

Aye, good call. The more these tyrants have audience to profess their phariseeism, the more the people at large will continue to justify the police state. That starts by removing the tyrants from moral authority.

bunklocoempire
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM

Gunny laid it out friend. Re-claim the high ground. Own that high ground. Do not budge.

And this gem:

Demonstrate clearly that they are out of accord with the standards that Christ Himself has set, how the behaviors they advocate do extreme violence to the actual principles of Christ. How a people who boo the Golden Rule can in no way, shape or form walk with the Christian God.

In my dealings with fearful Christians, Christians with obviously weak faith, I've found that their argument for force, aggression, (it's not really their argument is it?;)) goes something like this (simplified):

"Force is necessary because insert fear here"

When I've pressed them on it and showed them clearly that it isn't Christ like, they tend to counter with BOTH of these two basic replies:

1. More fear and/or "moral" outrage (one fear leads to another, and on and on). (moral in quotes because they cannot seem to grasp force as immoral)

AND

2. Jesus is the answer. God is in control <-- True story bro. It blows my mind every time. It happened again this past Sunday over conscience and Bergdahl.

Well if #2. is true, why does #1. have such a hold on them?

Now please learn from my mistakes...

My mistake trying to reach these people (it's easy just to call them out) has been trying to counter their fears with Jesus AND logic. They obviously can't grasp both at the same time -it's tough impossible to do when they willingly attempt to serve two masters.

As soon as Jesus is mentioned I should repeat that, mention conscience -my own, and walk away/end the discussion before I become tempted to give them a 'what for'. Let the Holy Spirit work on honing their conscience, I can only really prick their conscience. They don't like being pricked -crisis of faith and all that.

I'll have an opportunity to practice this method the next week and 1/2 or so with a house guest that always butts heads with me -and I him.:o He's a big fan of the drug war, Israel, etc. etc. who always brings these things up first, and then always bails the conversation whipping out #2.
Jesus help me! :)

This past month and week has sure helped me prepare. Thank you all.

Suzanimal
06-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Aye, good call. The more these tyrants have audience to profess their phariseeism, the more the people at large will continue to justify the police state. That starts by removing the tyrants from moral authority.

“Nobody's perfect. Everybody's going to make mistakes from time to time but they're good people. They're doing a quality job and we live in a safe environment because of them,” said Pastor Mike Franklin from the Torch Church.

The same Mike Franklin? I think I'm going to call The Torch Church tomorrow and find out.

otherone
06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
When the going gets tough, the unwashed masses double-down on the cognitive dissonance.
No one wants to know that their beloved state is corrupt, immoral, violent, and inept.
They want reassurance that everything is ok, and will follow anyone who assuages their fears.

The essential question is:

Is government the solution, or is government the problem?

Both progressives and conservatives see the state as the legitimate tool to spread and enforce their polar ideologies; as if they alone have the magic whistle with which they can bind and direct leviathan.

GunnyFreedom
06-09-2014, 06:41 PM
When the going gets tough, the unwashed masses double-down on the cognitive dissonance.
No one wants to know that their beloved state is corrupt, immoral, violent, and inept.
They want reassurance that everything is ok, and will follow anyone who assuages their fears.

The essential question is:

Is government the solution, or is government the problem?

Both progressives and conservatives see the state as the legitimate tool to spread and enforce their polar ideologies; as if they alone have the magic whistle with which they can bind and direct leviathan.

It's government that created this problem. If they were the "solution" then I would sure HATE to see the "problem." It's a Christian in the voting booth willing to enforce morality at gunpoint who did this. They need to understand that it is immoral to enforce morality at gunpoint.

otherone
06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
It's government that created this problem. If they were the "solution" then I would sure HATE to see the "problem." It's a Christian in the voting booth willing to enforce morality at gunpoint who did this. They need to understand that it is immoral to enforce morality at gunpoint.

Better yet, morality has to be a CHOICE, not a MANDATE.

purplechoe
06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
In my dealings with fearful Christians, Christians with obviously weak faith, I've found that their argument for force, aggression, (it's not really their argument is it?;)) goes something like this (simplified):

"Force is necessary because insert fear here"

When I've pressed them on it and showed them clearly that it isn't Christ like, they tend to counter with BOTH of these two basic replies:

1. More fear and/or "moral" outrage (one fear leads to another, and on and on). (moral in quotes because they cannot seem to grasp force as immoral)

AND

2. Jesus is the answer. God is in control <-- True story bro. It blows my mind every time. It happened again this past Sunday over conscience and Bergdahl.

Well if #2. is true, why does #1. have such a hold on them?

Now please learn from my mistakes...

My mistake trying to reach these people (it's easy just to call them out) has been trying to counter their fears with Jesus AND logic. They obviously can't grasp both at the same time -it's tough impossible to do when they willingly attempt to serve two masters.

As soon as Jesus is mentioned I should repeat that, mention conscience -my own, and walk away/end the discussion before I become tempted to give them a 'what for'. Let the Holy Spirit work on honing their conscience, I can only really prick their conscience. They don't like being pricked -crisis of faith and all that.

I'll have an opportunity to practice this method the next week and 1/2 or so with a house guest that always butts heads with me -and I him.:o He's a big fan of the drug war, Israel, etc. etc. who always brings these things up first, and then always bails the conversation whipping out #2.
Jesus help me! :)

This past month and week has sure helped me prepare. Thank you all.

Sounds like my experience as well. Logic does not work with these people. I've come to a conclusion that most of these people display childish behavior. Most of the time I feel like the only adult in the room. The sad thing is that my father is the same way. He is in his 70's but has the mentality of a teenager who never grew up. I might not change their minds, but I at least hope that I've planted some seeds which will grow in time. Out of the many I only have hope for very few to bare any fruits...

phill4paul
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM
You're one of the good ones, Glen. A stand up individual through and through. +rep.