PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest American Heist

Schifference
06-09-2014, 11:52 AM
The dollar pretty mirrored gold from the inception of US currency until the early 1970's. Last night I saw an old dime sitting on a patients bedside table. I took a look at it. If that had been a silver dime and I took out a newer dime and exchanged it would that be theft? I think that the biggest crime of all time was the United States Government taking our precious metals and exchanging them for worthless paper and metals.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-09-2014, 11:53 AM
yes it would and yes that's what the bankers did

invisible
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
If it was dated 1964 or earlier, offer to trade it to them for a quarter. :)

Zippyjuan
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
The dollar pretty mirrored gold from the inception of US currency until the early 1970's. Last night I saw an old dime sitting on a patients bedside table. I took a look at it. If that had been a silver dime and I took out a newer dime and exchanged it would that be theft? I think that the biggest crime of all time was the United States Government taking our precious metals and exchanging them for worthless paper and metals.

The dollar was defined as a certain amount of the metal until that time so by law they had to follow each other. After 1972, the price of gold was set by a free market and supply/ demand instead of government fiat.

Schifference
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
The dollar was defined as a certain amount of the metal until that time so by law they had to follow each other. After 1972, the price of gold was set by a free market and supply/ demand instead of government fiat.
Resulting in massive inflation?

acptulsa
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM

So, by government fiat, the banks that own the Fed were free to ensure the supply of Monopoly money always outstripped demand. Now the dollar is a nickel, the bankers are richer, and everyone else is poorer.

And the process began in 1913. It wasn't like throwing a light switch. Bretton Woods was the last step, not the only step.

The previous Zippy knew this stuff. Why did you get no on the job training from him?

Oh, and is whoever hired you to do this paying MAD Magazine royalties for this commercial use of their trademark Alfred?