PDA

View Full Version : Merger of RonPaulChannel, BennSwann.com, Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell....?

Barrex
06-08-2014, 12:07 PM
I was bored on work so I did little "I dont know what"... It looks to me that "liberty" friendly media sources are slowly going down or they reached their maximum. 2 most prominent ones are going down for a while now:

ronpaulchannel.com
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=340&h=150&o=flt&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=2y&f=999999&u=ronpaulchannel.com
Bounce Rate 72.00% (up11.00%)
Daily Pageviews per Visitor 1.63 (down14.21%)
Daily Time on Site 1:57 (down13.00%)

BenSwann.com
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=340&h=150&o=flt&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=2y&f=999999&u=benswann.com
Bounce Rate 68.00% (down3.00%)
Daily Pageviews per Visitor 2.23 (down11.86%)
Daily Time on Site 3:46 (up 2.00%)
Rest are following downward trajectory or are stagnant (they reached their maximum number of viewers with current "modus operandi"):
https://www.lewrockwell.com/
http://www.schiffradio.com/
https://freedomainradio.com/

Most visitors on those websites visit one page and leave. This mean sites fail to attract new visitors and to spread the message. One person media is limited and a little dry. One person, one taste, one perspective, one people, one nation, on....heh sorry wrong http://vancouverweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peter-sellers-as-dr-strangelove-50x50.jpghm...
From ronpaulchannel:

...Almost 30 dedicated employees & vendors have worked with us to make our site a success. I am honored to have such a great team and truly hope you all are enjoying the Channel. This team works tirelessly to produce compelling guest discussions, share the latest in libertarian news, keep a watchful eye on government misconduct and intrusion & figure out how YOU can make a difference with us.
As we grow our community, we hope to address your concerns pertaining to the pricing of the Ron Paul Channel. We have collectively decided to put together a well researched, well produced product and in exchange we are looking for our loyal supporters to help keep us moving forward.
I am excited for all that we have planned in 2014 and look forward to connecting with all of you.
- Ron

From this in my mind question formed: Why wouldnt all those channels, bloggers, vloggers, youtubers, journalists, reporters, radio hosts etc. form some sort of corporation, loosely tied network, media network, TV station etc.? Why wouldnt they share resources and help each others? If they would share studio, graphic designers, video producers, cameras, equipment and everything else their overhead and other expenses would decrease drastically. It would also increase quality. Evolve or die. We must not allow a mineshaft gap!

Imagine:
Ben Swann- investigative reporting and news
Ron Paul- opinion
Peter Schiff- financial review
Remy(reasonTVfunnyugy)- comedy
Movies-Brazil, Ničija zemlja, Harrys War
yada yada yada...Proper TV station, internet site...

“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” ― Dr. Strangelove

P.s.
Still no liberty in choosing from wider variety of smileys.... Still no "beer" tag

Maybe I will tidy-up this post or maybe I will pay/blackmail moderator to do it for me...

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2014, 12:09 PM
I've been concerned about this for a while now.

The only one doing really good is Tom Woods podcast.

NewRightLibertarian
06-08-2014, 12:18 PM
It would be nice to see a Ron Paul/Ben Swann/Peter Schiff/Lew Rockwell joint venture. Seems like there would be enough talent there to put together a serious liberty-themed news network.

nayjevin
06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Cross-promotion

LibertyEagle
06-08-2014, 03:50 PM
I dunno. If anyone merged with Lew Rockwell's stuff, I think all that would result is a preaching to the choir effect. Mainstream ears would close down to all 3, to the extent that any are listening right now. That's my opinion, anyway.

jkr
06-08-2014, 04:40 PM
ONE
CHANNEL
TO SHOW
THEM ALL

green73
06-08-2014, 04:46 PM
It would be nice to see a Ron Paul/Ben Swann/Peter Schiff/Lew Rockwell joint venture. Seems like there would be enough talent there to put together a serious liberty-themed news network.

I've been suggesting to Lew for a few years now that there is a good slate of talent out there for a radio network.

Peter Schiff says he's losing money on his radio show. What happened to him getting G Gordan Liddy's gig? He's not out of the realm of possibilties. Tom Woods of course. I used to think Jeff Tucker would be great for a morning guy, but he seems to have flaked out of late, so probably scratch him. Ben Swann is great at his podcast and could no doubt fill three hours a day. Ron Paul of course, probably for an hour day. Lew, the scholar and the gentleman, no doubt could fill an hour. Charles Goyette, mustn't forget him... I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Scott Horton.

And, there are plenty others out there as well. Ian and Mark and the crew from Free Talk Live. I like what I've heard from Marc Clair of Lions of Liberty. There's a ton of podcasters out there. A lot of them are really good.

NewRightLibertarian
06-08-2014, 05:03 PM
I've been suggesting to Lew for a few years now that there is a good slate of talent out there for a radio network.

Peter Schiff says he's losing money on his radio show. What happened to him getting G Gordan Liddy's gig? He's not out of the realm of possibilties. Tom Woods of course. I used to think Jeff Tucker would be great for a morning guy, but he seems to have flaked out of late, so probably scratch him. Ben Swann is great at his podcast and could no doubt fill three hours a day. Ron Paul of course, probably for an hour day. Lew, the scholar and the gentleman, no doubt could fill an hour. Charles Goyette, mustn't forget him... I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Scott Horton.

And, there are plenty others out there as well. Ian and Mark and the crew from Free Talk Live. I like what I've heard from Marc Clair of Lions of Liberty. There's a ton of podcasters out there. A lot of them are really good.

Too bad the Koch bros only fund outfits to subvert and water down the liberty movement. Putting a lot of cash into a serious liberty media venture could be a game changer.

TaftFan
06-08-2014, 05:09 PM
People really don't pay attention to Swann or Paul's shows. Swann has been reduced to sensationalism at this point.

RP made the unwise decision to create a paywall rather than use advertising money, resulting in a heavy dosage of preaching those in his choir who wanted to watch him.

Schiff has a decent following and there is no reason why he would want to water down his product.

Rockwell and Paul should just agree to post his videos on Rockwell's website.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2014, 05:17 PM
People really don't pay attention to Swann or Paul's shows. Swann has been reduced to sensationalism at this point.

RP made the unwise decision to create a paywall rather than use advertising money, resulting in a heavy dosage of preaching those in his choir who wanted to watch him.

Schiff has a decent following and there is no reason why he would want to water down his product.

Rockwell and Paul should just agree to post his videos on Rockwell's website.

Why would Schiff be watering down his product? If anything, surrounded by the people suggested in this thread, Schiff would be the water in that mixture.

Nolan
06-08-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't think the problem is the message, it's the presentation. Even if every liberty-minded program join together, it's still a very serious and boring subject to people.

Put it on Youtube, add explosions (figuratively), and ta da! Don't worry about the ads, youtubers are making a living out of it anyway.

TaftFan
06-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Why would Schiff be watering down his product? If anything, surrounded by the people suggested in this thread, Schiff would be the water in that mixture.

His audience wants to hear economic analysis, thats why.

green73
06-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Too bad the Koch bros only fund outfits to subvert and water down the liberty movement. Putting a lot of cash into a serious liberty media venture could be a game changer.

There's a shit ton of rich-ass Austrian-oriented bitcoiners out there. One recently donated a huge amount to FEE. Let's hope more good things come from that arena.

ItsTime
06-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I would not be using Alexa to judge how well a site is doing or the bounce rate, time on site, etc.... I can tell you they are not reflective of Ben Swann's stats. Compared to Ron Paul Channel Ben Swann has a TINY staff... Big things coming from Ben soon... Lots of things happening behind the scenes.

"going down for a bit" has a lot to do with Facebook totally killing peoples reach.

I do agree some collaboration between these sites would be awesome!

nayjevin
06-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Cross-promotion

On computer now, meant to say that centralization doesn't seem good to me, but guest hosting and trading links/advertisements might be.

06-08-2014, 07:15 PM
makes sense, they don't amount to a whole on their own