PDA

View Full Version : Unaccompanied Children Sleeping in Cages as Border Patrol Overwhelmed

Origanalist
06-08-2014, 07:40 AM
EXCLUSIVE: Unaccompanied Children in Sleeping in Cages as Texas, Arizona Border Patrol Resources Continue to Be Overwhelmed

Katie Pavlich | Jun 06, 2014

As amnesty talks continue to swirl on Capitol Hill, parents in Central America are sending their children to the United States knowing that under President Obama's deferred action policies, they won't be sent back home.

Border Patrol resources in Texas are so overwhelmed, hundreds of children have been relocated by Immigration and Customs Enforcement to the Border Patrol Station in Nogales, Arizona for processing.

"A lot of the agents are pissed just beyond belief because we realize these people, there's no way they're going back, they're going to be let go eventually. They're just trying to figure out how to do it right now. The problem is with President Obama's deferred deportation program, they're not deporting any juveniles so they're not going to deport these people back to their home country, which would be the common sense thing to do," one source said."They're unaccompanied juveniles, meaning they didn't come with a parent or a relative so you can't just let them go on the street because they're a juvenile so now they're in a bind going, 'What the hell do we do with all of these people?'"

According to sources on the ground in Nogales, who have asked to remain anonymous for fear of losing their jobs, 1000 OTM (other than Mexican) unaccompanied juveniles from Central America are already being sheltered in a warehouse and Border Patrol agents are expecting 2000 children by the end of next week. Estimates show overall 60,000 unaccompanied juveniles will illegally cross into the United States this year.

"It's just chain-link cells so we have aliens sleeping all over the floor and they told us to probably expect another thousand over the next week, week and a half," another Border Patrol agent tells Townhall. "We have these huge chain link cages, 20-feet tall with razor wire around them, this is inside a warehouse. They are probably 50 by 100 [feet] and there's probably 10 or 11 of these big cages like that and so there's probably 100-200 aliens in each cell, or cage and there's just park benches right down the middle, two rows of park benches and then they give them these little rubber mats, a little foam pad to lay on. We don't have enough blankets so they're issuing out those foil blankets, it's like a piece of tin foil and that's all they get. There are so many people crammed. The smell is just horrendous, horrendous."

Photos obtained exclusively by Townhall show children sleeping in chain link cages.

continued at....http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/06/exclusive-illegal-children-sleeping-in-cages-as-arizona-border-patrol-resources-continue-to-be-overwhelmed-n1848469

http://media.townhall.com/_townhall/uploads/2014/6/6/10.png

http://media.townhall.com/_townhall/uploads/2014/6/6/4.png

http://media.townhall.com/_townhall/uploads/2014/6/6/6.png

Suzanimal
06-08-2014, 07:49 AM
:( Sad and sickening, wtf.

Origanalist
06-08-2014, 07:57 AM

President Obama has called on FEMA to divert resources to the crisis, but there has been no announcement from the administration about how this crisis will be stopped from getting worse or handled long term.

"This is a humanitarian crisis," an agent said.//

tod evans
06-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Government creates problems and then uses the problems in an attempt to extract more loot from the tax base..

Turn the kids loose and lock up the government employees in their own cages.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Uh, they entered the country illegally. Send their asses back to their home countries. There are tons of people who followed our immigration laws, and sit in the process for upwards of 10 damn years before they are given citizenship. Then, they let these other assholes just walk right in and get on every government program known to man. Forget that.

pcosmar
06-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Texas dumping them in Arizona.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/02/AZ-Gov-Demands-Feds-Stop-Dropping-Off-Illegals-Blasts-Obama-Admin-for-Not-Informing-State-of-Dangerous-Policy

On Monday, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer called on the Obama Administration to end its "dangerous" policy of dropping off hundreds of illegal immigrants apprehended in Texas in Arizona. She also blasted the federal government for not giving Arizona a heads up, saying state officials first found out about the "unconscionable" policy through media reports.
www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/29/scores-undocumented-migrants-dropped-arizona/9707503/

Scores of undocumented immigrants from Central America have been released at Greyhound Lines Inc. bus stations in Tucson and Phoenix over the past several days after they were flown to Arizona from south Texas, officials acknowledged.

I wonder who started spreading these "rumors"?
Rumors of U.S. haven for families spur rise in illegal immigration
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-immigration-families-20140606-story.html#page=1

http://www.wxyz.com/news/rumors-of-us-haven-for-families-spurs-rise-in-illegal-immigration

Yoselin Ramos had long wanted to trek to the United States to escape the crushing poverty and rising violence in her hometown in Guatemala.

But it wasn't until the 24-year-old heard about a "new opportunity" that she packed a bag and left her home with her 3-year-old son, Yovani, for the treacherous journey north.

Ramos became part of an unprecedented surge of families crossing illegally into the U.S., drawn by reports circulating throughout Central America that parents with children are allowed to stay in the United States indefinitely, according to Guatemalan consular officials and parents who are making these trips. But these families, U.S. officials say, are getting only half the story.

Anti Federalist
06-08-2014, 11:14 AM
So fucked...on so many levels.

Snew
06-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Molyneux's got it right: the state is in the business of human farming.

William Tell
06-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Molyneux's got it right: the state is in the business of human farming.

No, this is a manufactured situation to make us beg for amnesty for illegals.

Paulbot99
06-08-2014, 11:57 AM

Exactly. Encourage illegal immigration, take some pictures, and make anyone for legal immigration look like they support internment camps. It's a dirty trick. Typical leftists.

Origanalist
06-08-2014, 02:21 PM

+ rep, give that man a internet cookie. Right on the money.

coastie
06-08-2014, 02:30 PM

We had them(Haitians) sleeping on the flight deck of a ship, for almost a month, in the summer, in the Carribean. Ever seen or felt the surface of "non-skid"???

Several Cubans for weeks. A friend has pictures he ("illegally") took of a 10 yr old Cuban boy handcuffed to one of the helo tie downs on the flight deck, lest he decide to jump off the boat suddenly(the adults would if they saw land). I'll have to get in touch with him...

+rep

James_Madison_Lives
06-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Exactly. Encourage illegal immigration, take some pictures, and make anyone for legal immigration look like they support internment camps. It's a dirty trick. Typical leftists.

Which are the jobs that are hiring these people?

alucard13mm
06-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I think if the economy was better, people wouldnt mind illegal aliens as much. It seems all our issues stem from economy.

Paulbot99
06-08-2014, 02:46 PM
He'll, it might not be a big deal if it weren't for the welfare state and Dems trying to use them as political pawns.

kcchiefs6465
06-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Which are the jobs that are hiring these people?
The jobs that 9 out of 10 Americans would not or could not do.

Origanalist
06-08-2014, 06:39 PM

"lettuce"

pcosmar
06-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I wonder who started spreading these "rumors"?

I suspect Jeb Bush and CFR assets in Central America. Push through his Real ID,, and some more police powers while increasing crime and violence so they can increase police powers.= More Control.

Rinse and repeat.

Origanalist
06-08-2014, 06:57 PM
I suspect Jeb Bush and CFR assets in Central America. Push through his Real ID,, and some more police powers while increasing crime and violence so they can increase police powers.= More Control.

Rinse and repeat.

Your right, the whole thing stinks to high heaven. It's disgusting.

ItsTime
06-08-2014, 07:00 PM
I am so glad my family came here "legally". By that I mean, jumped on a ship came over in the 1600s. No paperwork needed. 1600s more free than 2000s?

William Tell
06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I am so glad my family came here "legally". By that I mean, jumped on a ship came over in the 1600s. No paperwork needed. 1600s more free than 2000s?

The Indians should have had secure boarders, and stricter immigration laws. See how open boarders worked out for them?

ItsTime
06-08-2014, 07:10 PM
The Indians should have had secure boarders, and stricter immigration laws. See how open boarders worked out for them?

Would not have mattered.

AuH20
06-08-2014, 07:18 PM
These migrants will be the first ones hightailing it out of here when the curtains come down in this country. Battlefield USA. Go home, amigo. You don't belong here, unless you want to join the fight. We have business to take care of.

jclay2
06-08-2014, 07:39 PM
To anyone who thinks we should not have borders and just let people be free; We don't have a free market. Any one of these kids who is granted temporary or permanent access to the US automatically will be given:

Free Healthcare,
Free Education,
Free Food and Housing

Until the parasitic welfare state is finished, there can be no unskilled immigration. Even then I would be wary, as most of these immigrants will likely favor more statist candidates. We should only let in highly productive/skilled workers who can fend for themselves and won't serve as a burden on society.

Zippyjuan
06-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Illegal immigrants are not eligible for food stamps. Not eligible for Obamacare or Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid.

Zippyjuan
06-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Earlier I found an article from two years ago on what some of the kids have gone through:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/us/more-young-illegal-immigrants-face-deportation.html?pagewanted=all

HARLINGEN, Tex. — The judge called his next case, scanning the courtroom.

The immigrant who was facing deportation rose to his feet, in a clean T-shirt and khaki pants several sizes too large, with his name — JUAN — printed on a tag around his neck.

But the judge could not see him. Juan’s head did not rise above the court’s wooden benches.

Juan David Gonzalez was 6 years old. He was in the court, which would decide whether to expel him from the country, without a parent — and also without a lawyer.

The young people, mostly from Mexico and Central America, ride to the border on the roofs of freight trains or the backs of buses. They cross the Rio Grande on inner tubes, or hike for days through extremes of heat and chill in Arizona deserts. The smallest children, like Juan, are most often brought by smugglers.

The youths pose troubling difficulties for American immigration courts. Unlike in criminal or family courts, in immigration court there is no right to a lawyer paid by the government for people who cannot afford one. And immigration law contains few protections specifically for minors. So even a child as young as Juan has to go before an immigration judge — confronting a prosecutor and trying to fight deportation — without the help of a lawyer, if one is not privately provided.

So far this year, more than 11,000 unaccompanied minors have been placed in deportation proceedings, nearly double last year’s numbers.

Young migrants say they are fleeing sharply escalating criminal violence in their home countries. Federal agencies have scrambled to muster adequate detention facilities, while legal groups try to find lawyers to represent them. Judges, for their part, have struggled to offer fair hearings to penniless youths who speak little English and often do not even understand why they are in court.

Recent illegal crossers are also excluded from an Obama administration policy applying prosecutorial discretion to spare illegal immigrants from deportation if they have not been convicted of crimes.

Nor has there been any effect from a recent change in Mexican law that would make it easier for young migrants from Central America to cross Mexico on their way to the United States. That law has not yet been put into practice, Mexican officials said.

Some answers came from the Women’s Refugee Commission, an advocacy group in New York, which interviewed more than 150 young migrants in Texas in June. Most said they were seeking to escape increasingly violent gangs and drug traffickers at home, who were recruiting children aggressively.

“They are willing to risk the uncertain dangers of the trip north to escape certain dangers they face at home,” said Jessica Jones, a member of the commission’s fact-finding team.

Sometimes parents living illegally in this country will initiate a child’s journey. Tighter border enforcement under the Obama administration has made them reluctant to leave, fearing that they will not be able to return. Instead, they hire smugglers, paying up to $5,000 per child.

“The children at home feel unloved, they feel empty,” said Elizabeth G. Kennedy, a researcher at San Diego State University who studies child migrants. “If parents know their child is feeling empty and is in danger, they will make a decision.”

For the parents of Liliana Muņoz, 6, it was a bloody spree of shootouts and kidnappings by drug traffickers close to her home in Tamaulipas, in northeast Mexico, that prompted them to send for their daughter. Both illegal immigrants, they had been living near Atlanta since 2007.

They had steady jobs, he in landscaping and she in a restaurant, and regularly wired money to an aunt in Mexico who was raising Liliana.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Illegal immigrants are not eligible for food stamps. Not eligible for Obamacare or Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid.

You do realize they are fraudulently getting social security numbers, etc. They ARE going on the dole. Not to mention the fact that they don't need Medicare or Medicaid to get FREE healthcare. They can't be turned down. Where the hell have you been to not know that? They also get a FREE education. In other words, American taxpayers are having to pay for all this shit for illegal aliens.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Earlier I found an article from two years ago on what some of the kids have gone through:

I don't give a shit. Follow our laws or stay in their own countries!!

LibertyEagle
06-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Would not have mattered.

The situation was different then. 98% of the country was not settled. Not to mention the fact that there was no welfare, etc.

Before too long, the requirements started being that you had to show that you could support yourself or have someone sponsor you, you had no communicable diseases, that you knew our founding principles and that you wanted to become an American and that it was America that you gave your allegiance to over your birth country.

Occam's Banana
06-08-2014, 09:07 PM
FTR, I am entirely agnostic on the "immigration" issue. AFAICT, the whole wretched mess is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation. (Funny how often that seems to happen when you get governments involved in things.) However, I am not the least bit agnostic when it comes to anti-federalism, decentralization and so-called "states' rights." So with that in mind ...

Texas dumping them in Arizona.

On Monday, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer called on the Obama Administration to end its "dangerous" policy of dropping off hundreds of illegal immigrants apprehended in Texas in Arizona. She also blasted the federal government for not giving Arizona a heads up, saying state officials first found out about the "unconscionable" policy through media reports.

Sorry, Guv - haven't you figured it out yet?

Arizona is just another quasi-autonomous FAD (Federal Administrative District).
If you had any balls (metaphorically speaking), you might call up the militia and do something about it.

But you don't have any, do you? So you're just gonna whine about it.
Because you're just another one of the system's cog-drone flunkies ...

puppetmaster
06-08-2014, 09:36 PM

And you know this how?

puppetmaster
06-08-2014, 09:39 PM

They can and do get foodstamps regardless of what you have read. My friend works there and they get benefits.

kcchiefs6465
06-08-2014, 09:52 PM
And you know this how?
Anecdotal, though perhaps that's 'generationally' so. (a striking majority of people I've worked with do the bare minimum to suffice to what they perceive as their requirements. [at least nine out of ten... and for clear discretion many elderly outwork some of my generation])

I would say the current state of affairs of Americans being overweight or obese. (sure, some do work remarkably hard with regard to that)

The fact that many are jobless when these companies have such a turnover rate as to be constantly hiring.

More anecdotal evidence of talking to people and their superiority complex of being above many jobs. My direct judgement that they could not do many of these jobs.

Basically the fact that many Americans are self-serving, overweight, with a complex that they are owed something.

Not to mention only what, 42% actually works, and what, 25,000,000 of them work for the government in cushy jobs and then how many more are contracted and ridiculously so?

Have them get real jobs. I'm sure a few would do it. The majority would vote for your property and continue their same lazy bullshit.

And I am supposed to demonize a worker taking a job offered to him?

That is to say, Person A and Person B agree to a contract. Where do I come in? Um. I don't.

I don't care what the specific portion of America are lazy, fat, fucking stupid, slobs.