PDA

View Full Version : WATCH IT: South Carolina GOP candidates for U.S. Senate debate

CaseyJones
06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/06/3492648/gop-candidates-for-us-senate-debate.html?sp=/99/132/312/169/

video at link

ClydeCoulter
06-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Very interesting debate. The moderator did not show favoritism to Graham, and that's good. I thought the debate went well, and hopefully well enough to cause a runoff, at minimum.

Suzanimal
06-07-2014, 08:51 PM
I decided to bite the bullet and try to listen to it but damn, I get sick listening to Lindsey Graham.

"I'm a Ronald Reagan Republican, I'm not a Ron Paul Republican, I'm a Ronald Reagan Republican."
Blah, Blah, Blah

Edit
Mr Cash just called him a John McCain Republican:) - Zing!

2nd edit
Lindsay Graham
"One principle I have, that I try not to abandon":rolleyes:...invokes the name of President George W Bush, seems to abandon Reagan...Good grief, what a bunch of gibberish...

3rd Edit
Lindsey Graham just basically said vote for him 'cuz he's electable, he'll go after the terrorist and he's not above spying on phone calls.:eek: How does this man keep getting re-elected?

4th edit
Lindsey Graham just name dropped Rand Paul & Mike Lee.:D Graham says he's making enough money to give up some of his benefits and says he would for the good of the country - I hope SC holds him to that if he gets re-elected.

5th edit
Bright called out Graham for calling Clinton one of the greatest Sec. of States in his lifetime - Zing!

Very interesting debate. The moderator did not show favoritism to Graham, and that's good. I thought the debate went well, and hopefully well enough to cause a runoff, at minimum.

I agree, very interesting.
Graham kept babbling past his time a few times but the moderator was fair.

nobody's_hero
06-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Wow. I didn't know there were this many folks in the primary race.

Vanguard101
06-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Guess I missed it :(

First 20 minutes....
"I'm a Ronald Reagan Republican. Not a Ron Paul Republican"-Guess we can say we made an impact?

"The unaffordable care act"

"Not all cultures are equal"-.......

nobody's_hero
06-07-2014, 09:29 PM
You should still be able to see an archived version at that link. It's playing for me right now.

CaseyJones
06-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Guess I missed it :(

dude the link has the replay

RonPaulMall
06-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Det Bowers reminded me of Grand Maester Pycelle when he told us that we are, "the most exceptional people God has ever placed on the face of the planet".

Suzanimal
06-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Det Bowers reminded me of Grand Maester Pycelle when he told us that we are, "the most exceptional people God has ever placed on the face of the planet".

That was more than a little creepy.

FunkBuddha
06-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Any booing of The Golden Rule this go 'round? If not, I'd say we're making progress in South Carolina!

Suzanimal
06-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Any booing of The Golden Rule this go 'round? If not, I'd say we're making progress in South Carolina!

No booing, I guess we are making progress.

http://i.imgur.com/Pdikc5B.gif

I love this gif, I think I remember reading that someone on here created it - Who is this wonderful person? I would like to give credit and rep where it's due.

Mr.NoSmile
06-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Yeah...this race is way too crowded for anyone to seriously pull ahead and force a runoff because they all have something the other needs. Folks like Cash and Mace may bring in money, but lack political experience. Bright may have political experience, but he doesn't have the money that they do and he says things like arming teachers, which he's in his right to say, but you shouldn't just pander to the gun crowd when the rest of the political world will think you're, wait for it, extreme. Graham, by comparison, would look sensible by comparison compared to those who say 'I will go to Washington and not compromise my values.' Great, now try getting elected when you've told voters that you probably won't get anything done because you're stuck on principles. Nice to be principled, but if Brannon is any indication of anything, it's that principles alone don't win elections.

TaftFan
06-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Bright kicked butt and took names!

RonPaulMall
06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Mace proved she is not yet ready for prime time. Needs to dramatically improve her debating and speech making skills. Bright is the clear choice.