PDA

View Full Version : NJ - Police enforce mandatory dress code along New Jersey boardwalk

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 11:01 AM
LOL...I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore and remember these laws being randomly enforced as a kid.

I don't know about Wildwood, but the town I was from, the law dated from the 19th century.

Police enforce mandatory dress code along New Jersey boardwalk

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/new-jersey-dress-code/

WILDWOOD, NJ — People who do not dress in a manner that is deemed acceptable by the government are subject to penalties in this New Jersey shore resort town.

According to the government, people must cover their feet, must must wear shirts after 8:00 p.m., and must never allow their pants to sag 3 inches below their waistline, while walking on the popular Wildwood Boardwalk.

Fashion cops are prepared to stop pedestrians and issue them tickets for inappropriate or incorrectly worn clothing. Penalties include fines ranging from $25 to $200. Violators may also be sentenced to up to 40 hours of community service.

Mayor Ernest Troiano, Jr., defended the dress code, saying that it adds “a little bit of decency to our town.”

The boardwalk provides access to the beach and numerous tourist attractions, and it is common for people to wear beach attire. This is the second summer the law has been in effect.

Other New Jersey towns also empower police officers to enforce morality and modesty upon pedestrians.

Cape May, NJ, requires “No person, either male or female, shall be attired in a bathing suit, trunks or other than usual dress on any public street or in any public place, after 7:00 p.m. and prior to 7:00 a.m. With reference to the boardwalk or promenade, usual dress includes appropriate footwear.”

In Ocean City, NJ, the law states, “It shall be unlawful for any person to travel in or upon any of the streets, alleys, or public boardwalk of the City in abbreviated bathing robes, suits or other costumes of a similar nature unless a suitable robe or covering from the shoulders to the knees shall be worn over the abbreviated robes or suits, to properly cover the person from the public view.”

Such efforts to dictate attire perfectly exemplify the Nanny State mentality. While other people’s habits and fashions may annoy us, freedom-loving people should never turn to the government to dictate personal choices that harm no one. Police are not our parents.

phill4paul
06-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Add another one AF.....

Do not wear the mandated level and type of clothing? Fashion Police.

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Sharia law!

Lucille
06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Add another one AF.....

Do not wear the mandated level and type of clothing? Fashion Police.

LOL

Jim Quinn (http://www.theburningplatform.com/?s=wildwood) has a place in Wildwood. Can't wait to see what he says about this.

DUMBASS FAT CAT, CRAZY LADY, & SECTION 8 AT THE BEACH
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/05/22/dumbass-fat-cat-crazy-lady-section-8-at-the-beach/

You were probably wondering how Section 8 housing in the title of the article could be involved in a story that takes place at a shore resort, a half a block from the Atlantic Ocean. I’ll address the Section 8 aspect later, but for now you need to know that a black family consisting of a 50 year old guy that doesn’t work, his 350 pound loud mouth wife, her 75 year old mother with a walker, and a teenage dullard live in the condo unit next to ours year round. That’s right. No one in the house works and they live at beach resort year round.

phill4paul
06-07-2014, 01:30 PM
LOL

Jim Quinn (http://www.theburningplatform.com/?s=wildwood) has a place in Wildwood. Can't wait to see what he says about this.

DUMBASS FAT CAT, CRAZY LADY, & SECTION 8 AT THE BEACH
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/05/22/dumbass-fat-cat-crazy-lady-section-8-at-the-beach/

SMDH. All I can say is I'm glad I don't pay to support them.

fisharmor
06-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Here I was expecting to hear they enforce wife beaters, gold chains, and those plaid shorts that look like underwear.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure not wearing a shirt will get you kicked out of most public places anyway so I don't understand the problem here. Covering you feet sounds silly though, do sandals even count I wonder.

dannno
06-07-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure not wearing a shirt will get you kicked out of most public places anyway so I don't understand the problem here.

Have you ever been to the beach before?

Some businesses do require that you wear a shirt, but I don't think they have rules against bikinis, not sure.

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Arrest this woman!

oyarde
06-07-2014, 02:53 PM
I remember places in the 80's that required a shirt with a collar around Baltimore and Ocean City . I kept one in the trunk of the rental car in case I wanted to stop for a beer and a meal before going back to the Motel I stayed at that had a pool and all I wore there was my swim trunks and my sidekick was a cooler of beer .

JK/SEA
06-07-2014, 05:45 PM
does walmart have a dress code?....

MelissaWV
06-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure not wearing a shirt will get you kicked out of most public places anyway so I don't understand the problem here. Covering you feet sounds silly though, do sandals even count I wonder.

Being covered from shoulder to knee by a cover-up at the beach, and wearing "appropriate footwear," seems a far cry from being shirtless.

Snew
06-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Fashion police is a real thing now.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Being covered from shoulder to knee by a cover-up at the beach, and wearing "appropriate footwear," seems a far cry from being shirtless.

Wut, that part was in Ocean City, not Wildwood. Helps to read an article before forming an opinion about it.

MelissaWV
06-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Wut, that part was in Ocean City, not Wildwood. Helps to read an article before forming an opinion about it.

And your post made no mention of which specific portion of an article it was referring to. Helps to be more specific if you're going to get annoyed when people respond "incorrectly."

VoluntaryAmerican
06-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Wildwood passed that law some time ago. Ocean City NJ is a dry town, they still have speakeasys.

aGameOfThrones
06-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Beard tax in 3...2...1

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Wildwood passed that law some time ago. Ocean City NJ is a dry town, they still have speakeasys.

I lived for a while in Ocean Grove.

The "blue laws" were so strict, you could not drive on Sundays.

Occam's Banana
06-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure not wearing a shirt will get you kicked out of most public places anyway so I don't understand the problem here.

... 'coz being asked to leave a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" joint = being assessed "fines ranging from $25 to $200" and/or being "sentenced to up to 40 hours of community service" ...

oyarde
06-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I would never return to a beach in NJ, Fla Calif etc .Best beach in the US is the coast of Mississippi.

pcosmar
06-07-2014, 07:50 PM
No Thank you New jersey.

http://www.insidekeywest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Garden.jpg

pcosmar
06-07-2014, 07:54 PM
One year, (several years ago) Key West announced that they would be cracking down on the costumes at Fantasy Fest. (nudity)

The city lost Millions$$$$.

They quit that shit. Never did it again.

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 10:03 PM
One year, (several years ago) Key West announced that they would be cracking down on the costumes at Fantasy Fest. (nudity)

The city lost Millions$$$$.

They quit that shit. Never did it again.

Money talks...

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 10:14 PM
It's OK to be naked on the Jersey Shore, so long as you got the tan...

DamianTV
06-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Another excuse to abuse mundanes. No shoes, no shirt, severe beating and fine.

Eat only what we tell you that you can eat.

Drink only what we tell you that you can drink.

Wear only what we tell you that you can wear.

Think only what we tell you that you can think.

- OBEY -

coastie
06-08-2014, 04:22 AM
I don't feel like typing it all again, so, from another thread I just replied to:

"Must".

You know, I learned a long time ago (24, in boot camp), that anytime someone else tells you that you must will do...something...

...or else...

You are the slave.

FFS For Fucks' Sakes, America -

Wake up...please.

rprprs
06-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Not sure, but if they do, then it needs to be more strictly enforced! :p

(By them, of course.. not the government.)

Suzanimal
06-08-2014, 07:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MNCBBTBt.jpg

Spikender
06-08-2014, 09:39 AM
We live in a free country.

tod evans
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Another good reason to keep my contrary ol' hillbilly ass out here in the sticks....

oyarde
06-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Another good reason to keep my contrary ol' hillbilly ass out here in the sticks....

Myself as well .

HOLLYWOOD
06-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Go around the world and check the clothing on beaches... American beaches suck, the laws sucks and the government sucks. I can think of a dozens beaches I rather be on then the best American beaches.

Amazing the state varies the fine $25 TO $200, then also imposes the equivalent of government slave labor called "community service".

Nothing bleeds Freedom like American Beach Laws, eh? My fear is the New World Obedience the Chosenites are turning the entire planet into 6 degrees of separation slavery... nowhere left free.

http://rmnglobalsearch.com/legaljobs/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/578x459xbathing-suit-laws1.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.CYfip6a85U1.jpg

jkr
06-08-2014, 11:45 AM
1ST A$$HOLE TO GET COMBAT QUALS ON A PERP WITH NO $HIRT WINS!

coastie
06-08-2014, 12:11 PM

I assure you the two here in Panama City Beach don't. The locals have nicknamed it "The Zoo" because it's always so crowded.

But the sights....yummy. Sure, you got your standard people of wal mart types, but they are vastly outnumbered by bikinis.

I would never return to a beach in NJ, Fla Calif etc .Best beach in the US is the coast of Mississippi.

Missipissi?(SIC). Which 1.3 miles of coast would that be? I thought their beaches were horrible, personally.
This area of floriduh isn't so uppity about that type of stuff, water is crystal clear and the sand so white you can go blind without sunglasses on..

pcosmar
06-08-2014, 12:31 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m283bryHKg1r79v1io1_400.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8161/7512198414_5b1c898a90.jpg

It is not just the Middle East.