PDA

View Full Version : "Even the dead are affected." by "Climate Change."

Danke
06-07-2014, 04:06 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/rising-seas-wash-japanese-war-dead-pacific-island-175658731.html

Rising seas wash Japanese war dead from Pacific island graves

By Alister Doyle

BONN, Germany (Reuters) - Rising sea levels have washed the remains of at least 26 Japanese World War Two soldiers from their graves on a low-lying Pacific archipelago, the foreign minister of the Marshall Islands said on Friday.

"There are coffins and dead people being washed away from graves. It's that serious," Tony de Brum told reporters on the sidelines of U.N. climate change talks in Germany.

Putting the blame on climate change, which threatens the existence of the islands that are only 2 meters (6 ft) above sea level at their highest, de Brum said: "Even the dead are affected."

Twenty-six skeletons have been found on Santo Island after high tides battered the archipelago from February to April, he said, adding that more may be found. Unexploded bombs and other military equipment have also washed up in recent months.

"We think they are Japanese soldiers," de Brum said.

"We had the exhumed skeletons sampled by the U.S. Navy in Pearl Harbor (in Hawaii) and they helped identify where they are from, to assist in the repatriation efforts."

Climate scientists say global warming has raised average world sea levels by about 19 cms (8 inches) in the past century, aggravating the impact of storm surges and tides. Glaciers and ice caps are melting and water also expands as it warms.

A U.N. Study on Thursday said changes in Pacific winds and currents meant sea levels in the region had risen faster than the world average since the 1990s.

He said that many of the 170 nations meeting in Bonn were slowly understanding the extent of threats faced by island states. Rising tides wash salt water onto the land, often ruining vegetation and crops such as breadfruit and coconuts.

"We think they are (getting the message) but not quickly enough to climate-poof some of our more vulnerable communities," de Brum said. Measures include raising homes on stilts, rebuilding roads and docks, and even abandoning some atolls.

mrsat_98
06-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. Its hard to believe someone attempt to sell this line of malarkey much less print it as newsworthy, unless they where reporting on fraud.

Suzanimal
06-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Whew, when I saw the headline I thought Hell was getting hotter.:eek:

JK/SEA
06-07-2014, 08:22 AM
all this talk of weather and climate change has caused me severe anxiety....who do i sue....?

Suzanimal
06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
all this talk of weather and climate change has caused me severe anxiety....who do i sue....?

Al Gore?

oyarde
06-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Well , whatever , maybe living two meters above see level is not advised .

oyarde
06-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Out here in the woods , we have this thing we call "common sense" .

jclay2
06-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Here is a comment I think is worth reposting from the article:

It isn't rising sea level, according to a recent article by Marc Morano (if you want to get the Warmists to throw a hissy fit, just mention his name) "The damage that has occurred so far has been due to “inappropriate” construction, while some islands have grown due to natural accretion and endlessly shifting shorelines.' 'Many islands are getting larger and that the shrinking shoreline along coastal villages has largely been caused by commercial development, building of seawalls and land reclamation. “It is a much more complicated story than the island being washed away."

How much have sea levels risen there in recent decades? 'The longest running tide gauge in the Marshall Islands is on Wake Island. It shows a trend of 1.91mm/year since 1950; in other words, about 5 inches since the war. And, if anything, the trends is decelerating, with the 10-Year Average flat since 2002.'

mrsat_98
06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
if all the ice melted it would not make two inches.

Danke
11-30-2015, 01:08 AM
http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/29/skeptical-climate-documentary-set-to-rock-un-climate-summit-film-to-have-red-carpet-premiere-in-paris/

(Sorbonne, Paris) CFACT will hold the world premiere of its long-awaited Climate Hustle skeptical documentary film at an invitation-only red carpet event in Paris during the UN’s COP 21 international summit on climate change.
Featuring interviews and comments from more than 30 renowned scientists and climate experts, Climate Hustle lays out compelling evidence that devastates the global warming scare. Film host Marc Morano, founder and publisher of CFACT’s award-winning Climate Depot news and information service, leads viewers on a fact-finding and often times hilarious journey through the propaganda-laced world of “climate change” claims.
The film is the first climate documentary to profile scientists who have reversed their views from supporting the so-called “consensus” position to a conversion to skepticism. The film also profiles politically left scientists who have now declared themselves skeptics of man-made global warming.
David Rothbard, CFACT president and executive producer of the film says, “Climate Hustle is the most important climate documentary since Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth. Gore’s film kicked off a decade of scaremongering junk science. CFACT’s film debunks the scare and clears the way for a return to sound science and rational debate.”

Read more: http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/29/skeptical-climate-documentary-set-to-rock-un-climate-summit-film-to-have-red-carpet-premiere-in-paris/#ixzz3sxMAuj1A

limequat
11-30-2015, 09:57 AM
BONN, Germany (Reuters) - Rising sea levels have washed the remains of at least 26 Japanese World War Two soldiers from their graves

Climate scientists say global warming has raised average world sea levels by about 19 cms (8 inches) in the past century...

I don't get it. They were buried 6 inches deep?

Ronin Truth
12-01-2015, 10:29 AM
How many absentee voter complaints from the dead have come rolling in, so far? :rolleyes: