PDA

View Full Version : Police to perform warrantless beverage inspections on ‘anybody’ visiting Florida beaches

rambone
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
TAMPA, FL — With the help of new technology and federal grant money, police are preparing to warrantlessly search people’s refreshments as they visit the beaches of Florida.

“We can go up to anybody we want, OK? If we see something that looks like alcohol,” said Holmes Beach Police Chief Bill Tokajer.

Police to perform warrantless beverage inspections on ‘anybody’ visiting Fla. beaches | Police State USA (http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/florida-beach-alcohol-sensor/)

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/alcohol-sensor.png

Suzanimal
06-06-2014, 04:13 PM
On Holmes Beach, even the mere possession of sealed alcohol containers is illegal. Police are using that as an excuse to inspect anyone’s beverage they choose.

“We can go up to anybody we want, OK? If we see something that looks like alcohol,” said Holmes Beach Police Chief Bill Tokajer to WFLA.

:eek: Everything looks like alcohol.

dannno
06-06-2014, 04:15 PM

Yes and apparently everything smells like weed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453505-Police-ransack-locked-truck-during-warrantless-drug-sweep-of-concert-parking-lot

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Every single AmeriKunt deserves this and more.

You stood by silently while the precedent was established at airports and bus stations and the border.

Now get ready for it everywhere.

Enjoy your police state, assholes.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 04:38 PM
“We can go up to anybody we want, OK? If we see something that looks like alcohol,” said Holmes Beach Police Chief Bill Tokajer.

Fuck you, Bill.

eduardo89
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/HolmesBeachPD

Keith and stuff
06-06-2014, 05:00 PM

5 full star rated. Must be a wonderful group of public servants!

Thor
06-06-2014, 05:09 PM

You stood by silently while the precedent was established at airports and bus stations and the border.

Is it too late? Will the frogs feel the boiling water, or just succumb?

Danke
06-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Spring Breaks ought to be fun.

Suzanimal
06-06-2014, 05:13 PM

5 full star rated. Must be a wonderful group of public servants!

Mandi wrote:

I think you guys deserve a raise!!! I think about this and I could not put a Salary or wage on what each and every one of you deserve due to your diligence and bravery that you possess. Thank you for everything you have done to make it a safer place to live and to be for me and my family.

They'll think it's a hot tub and happily jump in.:(

aGameOfThrones
06-06-2014, 05:15 PM
That's why I endorse Brawndo.

kcchiefs6465
06-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Mandi wrote:

They'll think it's a hot tub and happily jump in.:(
Maybe she is being insufferably sarcastic?

I write things like that sometimes. It takes them to the end to realize it is a nothing but a big 'fuck you.'

phill4paul
06-06-2014, 05:24 PM

This is the point I've gotten to. Detain them, arrest them, vaginally and anally inspect them, beat them, tase them, shoot their dogs and if they protest flashbang their children and then shoot them dead.
Until there is push back I'm pretty much unsympathetic and committed to only myself and family.

Suzanimal
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Maybe she is being insufferably sarcastic?

I write things like that sometimes. It takes them to the end to realize it is a nothing but a big 'fuck you.'

Unfortunately not, she also gave them a 5 star rating.

kcchiefs6465
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
From PSUSA:

Provide some feedback about the efforts to search people’s refreshments.
hxxp://www.holmesbeachfl.org/cities/cohb/default.asp?section=3
Chief Bill Tokajer
Phone: (941) 708-5804
Email: admin@ holmesbeach.org

Administration - 941-708-5800
Mayor - Carmel Monti (ext. 227)

Seraphim
06-06-2014, 05:28 PM
The water is already boiling and the frogs are dying one by one as they can't take the heat.

Seraphim
06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
BRAWNDO HAS ELECTROLYTES!!!!

That's why I endorse Brawndo.

pcosmar
06-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Elsewhere.

This needs to be widely publicized,, and tourist dollars spent elsewhere.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Updated:

Relax at the beach? Beach cops.
Hike a hill? Park cops.
Waste time online? Internet cops.
Take a drive? Highway cops.
Fly off for vacation? Airport cops.
Do some fishing? Clam cops.
Cruise your boat? Marine cops.
Like to hunt? Game cops.
Take in some target shooting? Gun cops.
Do some home improvements? Code cops.
Maybe work at your business? Regulation cops.
Clean the house? Recycling cops.
Get out of the country? Border cops.
Try to blow your brains out at the insanity of it all and fail? Hospital cops.

DamianTV
06-06-2014, 06:11 PM

They all act like hammers and see us as a bunch of Nails that need to be hammered, and not in the sense of hammered meaning drinking.

Legal is what we tell you it is.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 06:21 PM

I think they're dead already...just waiting to be consumed.

JK/SEA
06-06-2014, 06:36 PM
//

Pericles
06-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Gun show this weekend - will be looking for a couple more cases of 5.56mm ammunition.

proudclod229
06-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Words fail to describe...WHY?

oyarde
06-06-2014, 11:06 PM

They were in my day , you plowed and disc , plant potatoes and onions , maybe get two days for a drunken road trip and invite every nice looking girl in the county who does not date one of your buddies , poach a few fish here and there , make it back to work at the other job Mon morning and your girlfriend still loves you , priceless :)

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Words fail to describe...WHY?

new technology and federal grant money

Police state gonna police.

coastie
06-07-2014, 02:54 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/14v2ycz.gif

Everything that's not white, blue or green is people. That should be fun.

06-07-2014, 05:19 AM
If they expect the charges to stick they will need to show probable cause like visibly intoxicated or they smell alcohol. Otherwise just about any decent lawyer would get the summons thrown out.

tod evans
06-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Think of all the children this'll save.......

Uriel999
06-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Are they fucking retarded. Hey, you know what, my home town Panama City does need more money and our laws are just no glass bottles on the beach. Drink all the canned beer you want.

oldietech
06-07-2014, 07:17 AM
what is the point of this? It is not illegal to have an adult beverage on the beach. Seems obvious to me that this is targeted at under 21 people. They are trying to bust 18-20 year old for underage drinking. Pathetic.

The way to counter waste of technology like this is with low tech placards explaining this intrusion and how to resist by enforcing rights.

Root
06-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Beverage police. How embarrassing.

PaulConventionWV
06-07-2014, 07:40 AM
If they expect the charges to stick they will need to show probable cause like visibly intoxicated or they smell alcohol. Otherwise just about any decent lawyer would get the summons thrown out.

Pretty easy to "smell alcohol".

Suzanimal
06-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Pretty easy to "smell alcohol".

Yeah, but you have to be pretty close to someone.

JK/SEA
06-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Gun show this weekend - will be looking for a couple more cases of 5.56mm ammunition.

PM me...i wanna move to your neighborhood...

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 10:31 AM

What makes you think they care about that?

Cuff 'em, stuff 'em and throw enough charges that something sticks.

Just an arrest is enough to mark up your dang'an in the Matrix and fuck you up for the rest of your life.

SeanTX
06-07-2014, 11:15 AM

"You may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride!" -- Officer Friendly

Getting a "decent lawyer" to get the summons dismissed will cost far more than what the fine would have been -- so most people will pay up.

SeanTX
06-07-2014, 11:19 AM

I think he's implying that the police can (and will) just make that up -- like they can use "I smelled marijuana" during a traffic stop to justify doing anything they want (the Texas DPS uses that to excuse committing roadside rapes).

PaulConventionWV
06-07-2014, 11:30 AM

Last time I checked, police officers have no problem getting up in a mundane's face.

kahless
06-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Give me a chance says new HB top cop
https://www.islander.org/2013/04/give-me-a-chance-says-new-hb-top-cop/
Citizens expressed outrage over Mayor Carmel Monti’s March 28 announcement he was recommending the city hire Longboat Key Police Capt. Bill Tokajer over Holmes Beach Police Department’s 26-year veteran Dale Stephenson.
“All I ask is for the community to give me a chance to prove myself to them,” he said. “They will not be disappointed. They will see I am here for the betterment of this community and to ensure this is the safest town in the county.”

Well, I guess he proved himself. LOL.

oldietech
06-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Well, I guess he proved himself. LOL.

“Don’t judge me from my past,” he said.

Did a cop just say that?

Oh and,

"He told The Islander staff that rumors are untrue that he will order patrol officers to strictly enforce laws and write tickets for all infractions."

rightt....so you'll just have them poking electronics in folk's drinks at the beach instead?

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Wasn't there a story a while back about them inspecting drinks at an airport?

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Video at link.

TSA agents are testing drinks purchased INSIDE the airport

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197957/Now-TSA-agents-testing-drinks-purchased-INSIDE-airport.html

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2014, 05:29 PM
It seems that our Police State is more of a prison state, where techniques of oppression and submission are developed at prisons, tested at airports, and finally deployed on the population at large.

rambone
06-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I got a comment from a Russian guy on one of my articles. He was astonished that police in the USA are interested in what you drink. He never heard of Beverage Cops.

Think about that.

MRK
06-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Think of all the children this'll save.......

That child is holding a water bottle. Clearly sh'es drinking straight vodka.

kahless
06-08-2014, 08:09 AM
deleted.

PaulConventionWV
06-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I got a comment from a Russian guy on one of my articles. He was astonished that police in the USA are interested in what you drink. He never heard of Beverage Cops.

Think about that.

Eh, not really surprising.

tod evans
06-08-2014, 08:58 AM
They didn't try this BS during bike week in Daytona Beach........

Wonder why? :cool: