PDA

View Full Version : Police ransack locked truck during warrantless drug sweep of concert parking lot

rambone
06-06-2014, 04:02 PM
TAMPA, FL -- A businessman attending a concert returned to discover that his locked, parked truck had been opened and aggressively searched by a police dog. Not only were his rights violated but his vehicle and electronics were ripped out and damaged by the search.

Nothing was found, yet he had to foot the bill for repairs and reinstallation of his stuff.

Tampa police were evidently performing a dragnet search through the parking lot, using dogs to generate probable cause where none existed. Apparently they saw the concert as an opportune place to generate some arrests for victimless crimes.

“You think if anyone is going to break into your vehicle...the last person you think, it’s going to be the cops.”

Police ransack locked truck during warrantless drug sweep of concert parking lot | Police State USA (http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/tampa-police-ransack-parked-truck/)

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Matthew-Heller-2.png

Dr.3D
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
I wonder how much trouble someone would get into if they left a bursting paint pack in their vehicle and the cops got painted while doing an illegal search?

Dr.3D
06-06-2014, 04:20 PM
From the article...
A businessman attending a concert returned to discover that his locked, parked truck had been opened and aggressively searched by a police dog.
I'm trying to picture a police dog opening a locked and parked truck. I'll bet he had an accomplice.

aGameOfThrones
06-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Which kind of hotdogs are you getting for the 4th of July?

mrsat_98
06-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I wonder how much trouble someone would get into if they left a bursting paint pack in their vehicle and the cops got painted while doing an illegal search?

ied

Dr.3D
06-06-2014, 05:26 PM
ied
Yeah, the banks used them. I think they are called dye packs or something along those lines.

kcchiefs6465
06-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Accountability Check

Provide Cpl. Fanning and his boss with some feedback about the warrantless searches of parked vehicles.
hxxp://www.tampagov.net/dept_police/
Cpl. Fanning: (813) 431-3577
TPD Switchboard: (813) 276-3200

Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn: (813) 274-8251

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
“You think if anyone is going to break into your vehicle...the last person you think, it’s going to be the cops.”

phill4paul
06-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Hey, it's all good. They left a note and shit.

Dr.3D
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey, it's all good. They left a note and shit.
Yeah, just like they leave a note on the front door when they shoot your dog.

They don't want to be bothered by somebody calling to report their dog was shot.

JK/SEA
06-06-2014, 06:49 PM

how much time for assaulting a cop...?.....

Dr.3D
06-06-2014, 06:49 PM
how much time for assaulting a cop...?.....
I would think the cop assaulted himself when he unlawfully broke into the car.

proudclod229
06-06-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm trying to picture a police dog opening a locked and parked truck. I'll bet he had an accomplice.

That's what passes for reporting any more--few people even pick up on mistakes like that. *sigh*